• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
this list doesn't magically make characters better/worse

please don't be dumb
And Gimpy with the epic kill. Good shiz. Real talk though, I think a character's development determines their quality, not what the SBR says. The SBR is more like a messenger. Marth tells them "I'm top tier now, fools."

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
wow fox is still above everyone even though clearly tournament results show marth is by far the best character by any sort of practical means?

-_-

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Ganon is a lot better then that. His metagame is still evolving. The Americans just don't realize it cause the American Ganons are really bad lol and I can't imagine any of them following like Kage or PKMVodka.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
This list is by far the best yet. My one complaint is the gap between Dr. Mario and Mario. I find it a flaw in the system that there is that big a gap, it just doesn't make sense. They both do almost the same vs every character in the cast.
I'd actually argue that there is a huge difference in the two characters that really is due to the difference in Fair. Mario has no really strong attacks that he can combo into out of a grab meaning he has to rely more on fighting near the ledge rather than in center stage. However Mario is only a mid weight character and his recovery is rather gimpable meaning the ledge isn't his favorite place to be most of the time. Doc on the other hand can attempt to rack up damage while keeping control of the center stage. It's not a hugely noticeable difference, but it gives doc a bit of an edge.

On a side note, I would like to think that individual placement doesn't necessarily mean as much as tier placement, i.e, a character at the top of a tier isn't really that much better than a character at the bottom of the same tier, however that character at the bottom of the tier is still much better than any characters in the tier(s) below them. But hey, thats just me >.>

sanniboi

Smash Rookie
MAARTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh
MAARTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i really like this tier list. my only problem with it is that i think falcon>peach, but that's just me, i can't handle falcons :(

Finch

Smash Lord
Ganon is a lot better then that. His metagame is still evolving. The Americans just don't realize it cause the American Ganons are really bad lol and I can't imagine any of them following like Kage or PKMVodka.
lol completely ignore chaddd and linguini who I think is better than kage but that's just because I live in FL.

Zero_P

Smash Ace
About bloody time DK and Weegee move out of low tiers. Dk and weegee are soo goood you guys don't even know! Falco moves down? I completely agree. People say falco > sheik but I know that sheik is better than falco. Great tier list, seems very accurate for the time being.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Lol do you seriously think that'd change the tier list or anything?
A few scrubs might change their minds, but seriously, let people play whatever character they want
lol who are you?
no i think the tier list is fine the way it is, I was saying m2k should back up his claim: if sheik is the best character, why doesn't he win with her?
way to read.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I watched kage get absolutely destroyed by lambchops in match after match after match at the georgia tournament last summer. Like, it was not close.

Linguini's ganon has now knocked chops out of at least 2 tournaments, one last weekend, the other sometime last summer (I think). 2 stocked him in both games he won in the recent one, too.

Just throwing that out there.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
w00t. Mewtwo above Kirby.

I think Falco should be above Shiek, but meh. Then again, I just watched DaShizWiz's "Shades of Falco" three times in a row.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
very nice list. thank you very much for updating it after the metagame halt.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
LOL. Why don't you just paint a giant bullseye on your face that says "CHADDD COME SCHOOL ME"

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I watched kage get absolutely destroyed by lambchops in match after match after match at the georgia tournament last summer. Like, it was not close.

Linguini's ganon has now knocked chops out of at least 2 tournaments, one last weekend, the other sometime last summer (I think). 2 stocked him in both games he won in the recent one, too.

Just throwing that out there.
Where did Lambchops place in that tourney btw? Oh that's right he didn't make it out of my pool in round 1. Who knocked chops out of doubles... right it was Kage. Kage in friendlies and in tournies is much different.

Played Chadd in friendlies at Georgia, he didn't win them but those are just friendlies. The tier list doesn't really work well with the tournament results or with what the general consensus in the entire last thread was. I don't really have much else to say and it's not like it would matter

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Where did Lambchops place in that tourney btw? Oh that's right he didn't make it out of my pool in round 1. Who knocked chops out of doubles... right it was Kage. Kage in friendlies and in tournies is much different.

Played Chadd in friendlies at Georgia, he didn't win them but those are just friendlies.
Thank you for that, I wanted to say that myself. =P

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Dude I did that amazing tech once and it seduced the person I was playing into SDing their remaining stock. Wow.

.....well not really.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Meh, while I'm not disagreeing that chop's placement in that tournament was, umm, unspectacular, I hope we're all smart enough to not give one bad tournament placing equal weight against a career of good placements and good results vs top pros. And I honestly don't buy the "tournaments vs friendlies" arguement here - even if he was sandbagging to start with I have difficulty believing that he wouldn't have stepped up his game after getting ***** the first few matches. "I just got destroyed, better keep slacking off" just doesn't quite compute.

Not trying to say that kage is bad or anything, don't get me wrong here. Definitely one of the best ganons out there. Just saying that there are US ganons who are on an equal level.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
remember when ganon players were the most insecure players on earth and everyone always got into heated arguments over who was best?

i'm the best ganon ever it's all in the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPF14ntYqqs

thank you kindly
remember when ganon players were the most insecure players on earth and everyone always got into heated arguments over who was best?

i'm the best ganon ever it's all in the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPF14ntYqqs

thank you kindly
OH ****! The pure awesomeness of the vid caused a rift in space time causing the post to happen twice.

D

Deleted member

lol sheik is definitely 1, the back room based too much off tourney results, and only counted the US results over mostly the past year which had a lot of me and PC fighting

in Europe, Sheik is the best by FAR, while in Japan, Sheik/Fox dominate (and bomb soldier although it was a while ago)
Actually, if anything, we're not based on tournament results enough. Let's be realistic, what is the point of a tier list?

A tier list should dictate the likelihood of character performance in a tournament setting given a standardized set of rules, and held constant are the variables of player talent. Since we can see that Marth wins the majority of all high level play tournaments, all other factors disregarded, we should come to the conclusion that Marth will likely place the highest in any given tournament in the future. We've accurately done this, as Marth and Fox are the two highest characters on this particular list. Tier lists should reflect tournament results.

If anything, by Sheik still being higher than Falco, we're not placing enough emphasis on tournament results, as high level Falco players have definitely placed better in this game than Sheik players have. In a 6-year tournament metagame, Sheik has failed to prove herself as #1, or even #3 and should probably be #4 instead, behind Falco. If anything, you're biased for disregarding tournament results.

This is not a personal attack @ you Jason, this has been my philosophy for tiers since about 2003. As for Europe and Japan, 76% of smashboards is US based, the majority of the rest being Canada, Mexico, Europe, Australia, and everything else besides Asia. We do not cater to the Japanese, and their list is usually pretty different from our own, as they do not cater to us either. As for Europe, Europe is probably the reason Sheik is still 3rd. You can thank Amsah if you ever meet him in person. Thank him for me too, I like Sheik way better than Falco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom