• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
This list seriously fixed a lot of things. I mean, Marth was 4th last time, and yet Ken and M2K won consistently with him, he has tons of combos, speed, a good wavedash. I always wondered how marth managed to not be higher. A lot of this list looks better. I think some Mew2 players proved that he actually isn't quite the WORST character ever. Pikachu seemed to low from the beginning, and my favorite and best bottom tier character got promoted! Game and Watch!! The only thing I wonder about is Roy. Have you all seen NEO? Well, I guess since he quit maybe theres no one left advancing Roy's meta game... so sad. He obviously has potential, Roy was the only low tier to be mained by anyone who made it on the "Smash Panel Power Rankings", mained by NEO, of course...
but awesome list

Candide

Smash Apprentice
42 views, I saw! 42 in the Melee boards! The game is alive; this list was just the spark needed to re-ignite some interest.
As for Fox/Falco and Doc/Mario's placement disparity, I think of Darwin. Each pair fills essentially the same niche, and by competition, their gaps in survival of the fittest naturally grow because of even the slightest advantage of one over the other.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Finally, a perfect list. I could not agree more with this list. Everyone is where they should be. I can now rest in peace :).

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
So my main remains #1 and my secondary (Kirby) drops to second last.

How much am I supposed to care? :laugh:

Seriously though, as much as I love playing Kirby, he is pretty bad. This drop doesn't phase me at all; I still love the pink puff ball after all these years.

Fox on the other hand...yea, speaks for himself.

Overload

Smash Lord
42 views, I saw! 42 in the Melee boards! The game is alive; this list was just the spark needed to re-ignite some interest.
As for Fox/Falco and Doc/Mario's placement disparity, I think of Darwin. Each pair fills essentially the same niche, and by competition, their gaps in survival of the fittest naturally grow because of even the slightest advantage of one over the other.
The views have been up for a while. Was at 93 earlier but that was no doubt because someone had a bunch of tabs open. Now it is probably because of the tier list.

Candide

Smash Apprentice
The views have been up for a while. Was at 93 earlier but that was no doubt because someone had a bunch of tabs open. Now it is probably because of the tier list.
Er, so is than an agree or a disagree that the Melee boards are on the rise? Do you think the trend will continue? (This list seems perfect!)

Mar~

Smash Apprentice
Hiiiiaaaack! Really new Tier List O_O

Is pretty good really.

Dew!

jehonaker

Smash Cadet
Interesting changes made between #8 and #9.

I am rather happy that Mewtwo finally rose above dead last...but I am surprised Pichu took his place over Kirby.

Luigi going up is a pleasant change, and the other main adjustments are largely palatable. Not bad at all.

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
All the characters look greatly placed the numbers in there will help some people understand it more (hopefully) anyways its a great tier list overall.

tickytoc

Smash Apprentice
sheik is sooo good. i know everyone has heardd it a million times, but come on, she has a use for every move except her side b. and lets not forget NEEDLES! do i need to say more. i guess you could have a three way tie but i really think sheik is number 1.

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
About time. Good **** with the list except maybe one thing.

I still think Kirby is the worst character in the game.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I like this tier list a lot. I didn't like how low Marth was in the previous list. It didn't really make any sense to me. Also, Mewtwo deserves his new spot. I actually tried him for a couple of days, and I think that the generalization that Mewtwo can never combo affected him a bit caused him to be underrated last time. Mewtwo has alright juggles with his tilts and airs and his throws are monstrous.

Lol at poor Kirby. His horrible priority continues to hinder his ability as every other character grows in style.

And wow at Luigi's big leap to mid-tier. Everyone is now rejoicing that his **** match ups against low tier are no longer a problem for low-tier tournaments.

Is the number list supposed to be comparable like ratios. for example if you compare Link to Marth, is Marth supposed to be almost 2x as good on average?

Tien2500

Smash Lord
OMG THIS TIER LIST SUCKS!!!

HOW IS JIGGLYPUFF HIGH TIER?! He's weak and his down B does nothing but put him to sleep. At least he can put people to sleep with his Up b. Sing is pure pwn.

Roy is much better than Marth. He's so much stronger and he has fire attacks. And a one hit KO.

Kirby is the best because he could take peoples powers.

Yoshi should be high because he can poop people off the stage.

Ganondorf is too slow.

Ice Climbers have no way to approach anyone.

This tier list is such fail. Go back and get it right. Besides I could beat all of my friends with Pichu.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
OMG THIS TIER LIST SUCKS!!!

HOW IS JIGGLYPUFF HIGH TIER?! He's weak and his down B does nothing but put him to sleep. At least he can put people to sleep with his Up b. Sing is pure pwn.

Roy is much better than Marth. He's so much stronger and he has fire attacks. And a one hit KO.

Kirby is the best because he could take peoples powers.

Yoshi should be high because he can poop people off the stage.

Ganondorf is too slow.

Ice Climbers have no way to approach anyone.

This tier list is such fail. Go back and get it right. Besides I could beat all of my friends with Pichu.
This man speaks TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUF

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Yay. An improved tier list! Good job SBR (though I hate seeing the words "final").

I freaking hate Melee Kirby. The one thing that keeps me from dumping Brawl completely (besides online play) is how crappy Kirby is in Melee. IMO, Pichu should be above him.

Sucks even more that the with the Brawl wavedash hack, Kirby's wavedash is better then it was in Melee. *sigh*

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Sheik is the best character, hands down. Samus is way too high, Pichu is alot better than Kirby...

This list is okay but like alot of people have already said, its based way too much on tourny results.

replicate

Smash Lord
I'm interested as to why people think sheik is better than fox and marth. . . . I could see it definitely being possible, and a lot of people (M2K) vouch for her, but I haven't heard it explained thoroughly as to why she's significantly better than marth/fox.

Other than like anecdotal evidence from the top players. . . .

if somebody'd be willing to explain/link to m2k's tier list???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom