• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
That's so dumb, I also got my Snake good with like two weeks worth of practice and beat ADHD last year.

Its not the character its the player

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Donkey Kong
Wolf
Diddy
Mario
Marth
Yoshi

U don know who he play as son. He be on that Azen status.

napZzz

Smash Hero
If you randomly pick up MK and try to beat good players, you will be destroyed.
If you're somewhat good at the game with a small amount of practice you can at least keep up

meta knight mains shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion on the ban

when they voted to ban him like 50% of the world plays mk so they said no, the end

etecoon

Smash Hero
in actuality I'm a meta knight main thus my opinion is EVEN MORE important

umad cuz ur character is bad

Nappy you're a bad player therefore your opinion shouldn't matter

See I can do that too

oh before you attack me I am still the best in my state without mk, as I've proved by banning mk for myself before in tournaments.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's true that someone can't pick MK up over night and win...

But lordy lord how many MKs reach a high level and get overtaken by any player of any other character in any community in the country thus far ever?

Ally's native region isn't MK dominant.
DEHF has fallen off recently.
ADHD has fallen off recently too.

MK -is easy- to pick up; ease doesn't always equate directly equate to time though.

ADHD

Smash Hero

But lordy lord how many MKs reach a high level and get overtaken by any player of any other character in any community in the country thus far ever?

Ally's native region isn't MK dominant.
DEHF has fallen off recently.
ADHD has fallen off recently too.

MK -is easy- to pick up; ease doesn't always equate directly equate to time though.
Whatever. I'm going to beat every top mk I face, starting today. I don't know for how long lol, but I will.

AfroQT

Smash Master
If you're somewhat good at the game with a small amount of practice you can at least keep up

when they voted to ban him like 50% of the world plays mk so they said no, the end
Thats ********, they have an opinion just like everyone else. In that case, people that play characters that wouldnt be viable even if MK WAS banned shouldnt have a vote either.

Equally as stupid.
(<3 you but that was really dumb)

I can't even believe this MK ban this is still being discussed rofl...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Whatever. I'm going to beat every top mk I face, starting today. I don't know for how long lol, but I will.
Hey EVERYBODY, ADHD SAID HE ISN'T GOING TO LOSE TO MK. OUR SAVIOUR HAS COME! WE DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MK DOMINATING ANYMORE

<font size="-9001">Where have I heard that before?</font>

Judo777

Smash Master
I can't believe people are surprised that people would discuss a topic on a website that is designed for discussion on anything smash related.

@Anti you beat ADHD in bracket with Snake? If so gj. If not it doesn't matter.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I think that this is ridiculous:

In any stage-list, metaknight has two, almost gauranteed instant-wins on a good majority of the cast.

On delfino, he can basically up air from below the first transition stage over and over, then air plank the remainder of the transitions. Only metaknight himself, or snake can solidly stop this from happening. Yet even though snake has the tools to stop from-below camping, it's fairly easy for metaknight to clock him out. It doesn't even require much skill.

On rainbow cruise or brinstar, he also has amazing abilities to win. Camp/scrooge on the ship, super-aggro every where else. Brinstar? Same as delfino, except he can up air from below the stage for much longer periods of time then safely grab the ledge.

Yet, despite this, we (mostly mlg and the midwest) continue to allow stages that are obvious in favoring this character, then our community continues to bash him when we are in reality aiding him.

Hey EVERYBODY, ADHD SAID HE ISN'T GOING TO LOSE TO MK. OUR SAVIOUR HAS COME! WE DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MK DOMINATING ANYMORE

<font size="-9001">Where have I heard that before?</font>
I'm not a savior lol, just tired of people claiming that I lose to metaknights now. And if you don't believe me, then fine. I was planning on proving it, anyway.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Problem is that you are removing all these stages that would otherwise be helpful in balancing the cast/counterpicking system, that is, if Meta Knight didn't break it.

If MK wasn't there, then those stages wouldn't be as much of an issue!
And some people (often pro-banners) have issues with having to completely bend the stage list/rules to ensure MK is still fair whilst indirectly overly buffing/nerfing other characters.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I can't believe people are surprised that people would discuss a topic on a website that is designed for discussion on anything smash related.

Nice man i like the part wherey ou missed the whole point of my post.

Yet, despite this, we (mostly mlg and the midwest) continue to allow stages that are obvious in favoring this character, then our community continues to bash him when we are in reality aiding him.
Pmuch. But hey people dont see that...they just see MK. Essentially, they are dumb.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I can't even believe this MK ban this is still being discussed rofl...
Let me summarize why this debate still persists.

- MK has the best moveset, recovery, ledgeguarding and edgeguarding in the game. This also contributes to him being exceptionally dangerous on counterpick stages. This is all fine, but this on top of his other traits are what have caused an uproar.
- IDC: Method #1 of making the game unplayable
- Planking: Method #2 of making the game unplayable.
- Scrooging: Method #3 of making the game unplayable.

So, at this point it's a just matter of banning the character vs limiting the character. This is controversial, because in the competitive fighting game scene, broken characters have always been dealt with by banning them, not by nerfing their strategies with arbitrary rules.
Does this make sense?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Problem is that you are removing all these stages that would otherwise be helpful in balancing the cast/counterpicking system, that is, if Meta Knight didn't break it.

And some people (often pro-banners) have issues with having to completely bend the stage list/rules to ensure MK is still fair whilst indirectly overly buffing/nerfing other characters.
But when were brinstar and rainbow cruise fair to begin with?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I think stages are considered Fair when there are no random effects that can sway the outcome or the match, or easy 0-death strategies (fox waveshine on yoshis pipes in melee, ddd cg on shadow moses or eldin, etc). a character just being good on a stage doesn't really matter. that's why it's a counterpick.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No. Picking MK in my region, for instance, is basically a handicap because of how gdlk people are against him with any character. MalcolmM said at a tournament that if you pick MK in this are and he's not your main or highly experienced, you'll be *****, and it's true.

Hylian, he is right, my MK is prob already top ****, I just dont know much about the character or weird *** chars. I'd still beat most players other than M2K in the Ditto... and Vex's bowser LOL.
$5 MK ditto me plz.

That's so dumb, I also got my Snake good with like two weeks worth of practice and beat ADHD last year.

Its not the character its the player
qft

Only against n00bs.

But when were brinstar and rainbow cruise fair to begin with?
MK, Wario, Game and Watch, and others are good on those stages. Diddy isn't. Pick another character for those stages.

Judo777

Smash Master
Nice man i like the part wherey ou missed the whole point of my post.

Pmuch. But hey people dont see that...they just see MK. Essentially, they are dumb.
Actually i never quoted u so who said i was even referring to you im just really tired of the "Why isn't this thread locked!? or the i can't believe people are still talking about this......(on a forum meant for discussion)"

@ ADHD there are alot of character who their cping ability is one of their greatest strengths. DK is a character that comes to mind as DK wrecks a ton of people on janky stages and he has very few bad stages. Also yoshi is particularly great on both brinstar and RC as well as delfino. There are plenty of characters that are good on brinstar (my sheik included although she aint great) and for instance luigi is amazing on brinstar. I hate losing tons of their strongest CP's to 1 character who doesn't even need the cps to win.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Brinstar is arguably bannable. Yes, my precious Brinstar, is borderline bannable IMO. If your region bans Brinstar, I certainly wouldn't laugh at you, as they are fairly good arguments for it to stay or be gone.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
MK, Wario, Game and Watch, and others are good on those stages. Diddy isn't. Pick another character for those stages.
No, pick MK. Not "another character".

But that's the problem, there is no "cover your weaknesses thing". MK covers all the weaknesses and bad stages so there's no point in picking a different character to cover your mains weaknesses.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Actually i never quoted u so who said i was even referring to you im just really tired of the "Why isn't this thread locked!? or the i can't believe people are still talking about this......(on a forum meant for discussion)"
haha w/e you say.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No, pick MK. Not "another character".

But that's the problem, there is no "cover your weaknesses thing". MK covers all the weaknesses and bad stages so there's no point in picking a different character to cover your mains weaknesses.
MK is the best character? Thanks for letting me know. I totally was unaware of this.

What you said doesn't change the fact that options besides MK exist for those stages. NinjaLink switched to Wario when I picked Brinstar and he almost beat me there. Vinnie ***** people there with Game and Watch. Just pick someone that doesn't suck there, which isn't just MK.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I was more refering to that i cant believe we havent decided on what we should do yet, and continue to have discussions that wont go anywhere (like this).

Ah, ok.

Brinstar is arguably bannable. Yes, my precious Brinstar, is borderline bannable IMO. If your region bans Brinstar, I certainly wouldn't laugh at you, as they are fairly good arguments for it to stay or be gone.
I'm starting to think that stage lists should either be conservative or liberal, not a mixture of the two. On a conservative stagelist, sure, remove Brinstar and RC. If you're going the liberal route, keep those stages and add more.

Judo777

Smash Master
Dunno why this thread just keeps going; he's not gonna be banned, even if he really deserves to be.

Oh that's a great point Judo! I don't know why people keep doing that lol.

@Inui yea ur right MK is totally the best character the problem is not just that he is the best character and covers ur weaknesses but hes also the answer to every issue anyone comes across in this game. In other games take SF4 if i am having trouble with an akuma and i play cammy (who is supposed to be akumas only bad MU i have heard) The answer isn't immediatly Sagat! Having trouble with gief? Sagat!!! (or you could pick seth that does even better). In brawl MK is the asnwer to any MU on just about any stage. Granted their are other characters u can pick to counter people harder but MK guarentees that u will have the advantage under any circumstance stage, or strategy. Pits timing u out? MK!. GW giving u trouble? yea you could go marth and risk having to play them on RC or frigate but why bother when u can MK now what?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Then don't bother and pick MK. I'd love for every match I ever play to be MK dittos. It's my favorite. :)

If MK is so broken and the answer to everything, then not using him is instant scrub n00bness, so use him. ;)

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Then don't bother and pick MK. I'd love for every match I ever play to be MK dittos. It's my favorite. :)

If MK is so broken and the answer to everything, then not using him is instant scrub n00bness, so use him. ;)
To put things in perspective: Know how you absolutely abhor fighting Snake? That's how some people feel about fighting MK with a non-MK character, but to take it a step further, the MK can bring you to gayer counterpicks and resort to foul play if need be. Is this example relatable?

This is what I have observed.

Crow!

Smash Lord
That this is true is precisely the problem.

The vast majority of the Smash community, however, consists of scrubs of one type or another. (Incidentally, I think MK is WHY this is true; a game where there is only one correct choice is really not worth the ultra-competitive players' time and effort. But I digress.)

Heck, our #2 player ALLY is a scrub. Proof: when he played MK, he "played with honor" by refusing to use Tornado, even against Vex's Bowser.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
That this is true is precisely the problem.

The vast majority of the Smash community, however, consists of scrubs of one type or another. (Incidentally, I think MK is WHY this is true; a game where there is only one correct choice is really not worth the ultra-competitive players' time and effort. But I digress.)

Heck, our #2 player ALLY is a scrub. Proof: when he played MK, he "played with honor" by refusing to use Tornado, even against Vex's Bowser.
I think this community has a lot of maturity to undergo.

OverLade

Smash Hero

Pick one. MK or the stages.

Imo we should just ban Cruise/Brinstar and mabye even Delphino (hell, he still has Frigate, and even castle siege is really good for him against everyone but snake. And then change the timer to 12 minutes or something.

I don't see why people are so reluctant to change the rules. It's either that or ban the character, so why not just humor them and see how it affects results? MK literally DOES have free wins against a lot of characters even on frigate and Delphino even.

edit:THIS COMMUNITY SUCKS. Anti ban sucks, pro ban sucks, so just compromise.

I lol'd so hard at this. Funny enough a lot of players are like this. I had to pick up snake because I refuse to camp with MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom