• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
I am all for overcomming the trials and tribulations that life throws at us...as me being a Ness mainer, as you guys can tell it's really hard to get good with a character like him..but i don't care because it's fun..but anyway
i'd be lying if i said i didn't think meta knight was a problem
I just wish people were legit, and played the game, instead of all that planking and all with MK, just because I have this love for going to tournies and playing a video game with people that are awesome (the smash community).

I just miss Playing the game..
shouldn't most of us? What happened to that kid that was so excited to get home cause he had just rented Super Smash Bros. for 64 from BlockBuster, back in the day?

What I'm trying to say is, I don't think it would be bad if we had a temporary ban, and just see how it works out. And even if people love it, besides MK players, and if the SBR said it was 100% temporary, i'd be alright with that..

I'm just so desperate for playing my favorite series of video games again..even if it's only for a little while,
i just miss you, Smash...:(
come back to me..

NNID
Budget_Player
Am I the only one at this point who gets the fact that now a temp ban won't work? There's no way in hell we can "temporarily" ban metaknight if we're in the MLG pro circuit. Is there? Tell me, please. Also, how the hell will THEY deal with the issue? It's a problem...

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one at this point who gets the fact that now a temp ban won't work? There's no way in hell we can "temporarily" ban metaknight if we're in the MLG pro circuit. Is there? Tell me, please. Also, how the hell will THEY deal with the issue? It's a problem...
hey I do not in anyway mean to sound like i'm being sarcastic

but how does the MLG choose the rules for their matches?

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I'm neutral, but I think it's haha funny what lengths we have gone through to keep this character legal.

Best recovery
Best Edgeguarding
IDC
Planking
Scrooging
Probably has the best overall combination of traits+moveset in the game.

How the **** did a character like this make it into the game? Lol. MLG will definitely bring out the gay in the character.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
@the proban side:
3. But banning MK would be better for the community!
There is no evidence to support banning MK would do anything but lose us members, while limiting him would keep the people playing MK, as well as perhaps encouraging people to rejoin the community.
lol mind showing me this evidence you have? there's no evidence period and there won't be until mk is banned.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
But the question is WHY limit him from doing those things? Why work as hard as humanly possible to keep the character in the game through any means necessary to avoid a ban? I mean, I am ALL for trying new things, but it's kind of obvious that a lot of these rules are in place/suggested to take action of any kind, no matter how bad or stupid the rules are, JUST to keep MK in the game.

People are ready to pay any cost to have him stick around, which I think is stupid. If he's too good, just admit it, and get rid of him. If he is not too good, then leave him the hell alone. There are no "buts, ands, what ifs". It's not "Hey, this character is too good, BUT if we remove or limit all of this, YAY now he's not too good!" lol.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Dude, apparently no character in a fighting game is ever bannable, if you put enough rules in place, to limit him!

_Keno_

Smash Lord
But the question is WHY limit him from doing those things? Why work as hard as humanly possible to keep the character in the game through any means necessary to avoid a ban? I mean, I am ALL for trying new things, but it's kind of obvious that a lot of these rules are in place/suggested to take action of any kind, no matter how bad or stupid the rules are, JUST to keep MK in the game.
To be fair, they are just limiting/banning stalling of any kind. It not like they are trying to ban anything unrelated to stalling.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Well, within the framework we've created, it's not a party game. It's more like, a competitive sumo wrestling game.

I want you to imagine snake and meta knight sumo wrestling before you go to sleep tonight

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Winning is fun.

MK mains win.

MK has the most fun.

He is overcentralizing on fun. Ban him.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Hahahaha, are you on SRK? That's an inside joke there. They don't say, "Smash isn't a fighting game" they say "Smash isn't a game"
Lol. I lurk there sometimes. I'm too lazy to make an account there. I wasn't aware of that inside-joke.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Hahahaha, are you on SRK? That's an inside joke there. They don't say, "Smash isn't a fighting game" they say "Smash isn't a game"
doesn't really matter. the way people say "if we ban meta knight the SF community will hate us even more!" as if we're supposed to care what a massively less successful community thinks of us is annoying.

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't matter what the sf community thinks of us. The point is we have a problem if when mlg gets around all they see is mks and people planking, then we make brawl look like a one character game. I am super positive if mk is not banned by the time the circuit starts the amount of mks will quadruple. Mad money on the line

gallax

Smash Hero
the bbr needs to set a date that the decision will be made by. i think a decision needs to be made at least by March 30th(at the latest). Maybe they should wait until after Whobo to decide though too.

etecoon

Smash Hero
the bbr needs to set a date that the decision will be made by. i think a decision needs to be made at least by March 30th(at the latest). Maybe they should wait until after Whobo to decide though too.
yeah because BBR timelines are always successful, remember when they said that this issue was over and that they wouldn't consider discussing it again for at least a year?

this issue will never end because whoever doesn't get their own way will recognize the process for being as flimsy as it is and ignore it. pro-ban ignored it before, anti-ban is ignoring it now by creating a coalition of TO's that will refuse to ban MK even if the BBR recommends it. this. is. pointless.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
I'm not sure I understand how that is an issue. It's a camping technique, yeah, but how does it add to MK being gamebreaking?
Because it leaves you with an incredibly small window of opportunity to hit him. Plus it consumes a ton of time part of which MK is untouchable for.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm not sure I understand how that is an issue. It's a camping technique, yeah, but how does it add to MK being gamebreaking?
Actually, it's passing from ledge to ledge on the opposite side (but includes landing on the platform).

There's an issue because a number of characters literally CANNOT punish it.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah MLG picking up Brawl has made EVERYONE back there actually working together on what to do. Having them pick up the game is FANTASTIC, it just makes things a bit trickier on what to do.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Can someone explain what "Scrooging" is?
"Scrooging" is a dumb term for what M2K basically did to Meep and gnes on Smashville.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OztKYId64M
1:55 to 2:30 or so in that vid.

It's flying under the stage from the moving platform and landing back on the moving platform. No ledgegrab, no landing on the stage. It's not at all unbeatable, and you can't really call it stalling at all - he could techically just be jockeying for a favorable position to recover to the stage from (another issue with LGLs, as addressed by CrashiC above concerning the D3/Snake example).

You can end the 'scrooge' at any point and start planking, tornado back on, or just get an easy and free gimp when the opponent challenges you (as happened to Meep in that vid).
From previous page (40 posts/page) if you wanted video evidence.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yeah MLG picking up Brawl has made EVERYONE back there actually working together on what to do. Having them pick up the game is FANTASTIC, it just makes things a bit trickier on what to do.
Good, now harras Overswarm to get that technique out :mad:

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yes, it will make the game more offensive, and ground based. Imagine it, a game where you can actually approach and hit things on shield and not get punished for it. Just don't trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom