• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official *Pound* 4 Melee Results Thread

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
^ so we got kiwi saying she got info from a third party about jman sleeping in passed onto crismas then onto alex who gossips to plank and we got a game of telephone for no reason. nice and responsible.
Dude, shut up. You weren't involved in the situation and most people would like to friggin drop it. If you wanna jab at Alex's comment because it makes you feel so much better, then PM him or smthin. Kthnx.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Honestly, if you weren't there nor involved, don't even talk about or even argue about pound 4 drama... You guys need to shut the *** up. So dam annoying. You have no first-hand experience with what's going down, so really, just go back to masturbating to the vids and stay out of the drama.

White_Mike and CanISmash to say it nicely. Shut the *** up and get the *** out because you guys have no say in this.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
I don't know if jman actually overslept or not, but when I was checking out of the hotel I heard warriorknight saying something about losing his keys.

So yea, I think he lost his keys.

Wish

Smash Cadet
Just for ayonre that doesn't know (since I see some people think that VBM is Faab) Faab is a European that entered under the name Virus Blue Mage...he is not the real Virus Blue Mage he did it as a joke and to troll all of you guys mad hard in real life...for confirmation ust ask around on the European boards or ask samochan. The real VBM is Jamaican, and is the same guy who has been lurking these boards for months.

He did not go to Pound 4.

YOU ALL GOT MINDGAMED. LOL
lmfao, that explained several conversations I was a bit confused about >_>... /rage that no one directly told me >:o

Going to pound definitely made me want to travel to more tourneys haha. Gotta love the smash community :D

It was great meeting you too ame!

And milktea... that was a lot of photos lol... I think i will steal a couple for facebook :p
wooo, I agree with this post 100%! ;D sucks that traveling is so expensive though =[

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Actually nm i'm not even going to dignify dumb posts with a response anymore. i'm burnt out of it

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Oh ****, this could take a while LOL

Ok so shoutouts to all the people I saw and met (that I remember, because there was a load of them and I'm bound to forget some)

CykoFox - It was nice teaming with you again. We did much better and it was fun lol. You've gotten really good =D

Cosmo - I've never seen a speed run in person before. That was pretty friggin' cool. Also, your Marth is super super weird haha

Vro - Thanks for introducing me to all those midwest people and showing me where the non-laggy TV was in the Hotel. It was fun hanging out (especially at that over-priced yet delicious smoothie shop)

Phatboy - It felt kind of awkward calling you phatboy but none the less, it was nice meeting you lol

Sago - You're just a really funny guy. Not much else I can say about that. You really improved my opinion about Brawl players

Eigtheenspikes - Your Doc was beast. It's a tragedy you didn't make it out of first round. There was a lot of funny moments in your Hotel room. It was definitely nice meeting you =D

Quaz - I couldn't remember your name at first but I finally got it down lol. Thanks for dishing out that extra couple bucks for the Pizza and good job making it to second round pools =)

Mudungu - Your Fox and Ganon are both really good. It was fun hanging out with you, and your idea to split the last pizza slice was brilliant XD

Llod - Nice meeting you. You're really good, I wish you had better footage of yourself on Youtube when I made Get at the Kids lol

The Great Kazoo - You look a lot younger than you are. You're also incredibly awesome. Wish we played friendlies lol

Hunger - Lol @ "adopting the socal kid". You're awesome, I wish you played Melee so I could've gotten the chance to play you lol

Kels - I missed my chance to play you =(

Darkrain - You were dressed so spiffy when you arrived at the hotel, like you were the M.V.P. lol. You're hands were so shaky after your match with Zhu. I didn't know that high pressure matches effected long time pros like you too. Glad you remembered me <3

Dark shifter - I never figured out where you were from. Was it AZ or NM? Either way, it was really cool meeting you =)

Havok & Oats - First socal people I saw all day <3

The Twins - I'm dumb and can't remember which one of you is which but know that you were the funniest people I met by far. I didn't get to talk to you guys much at Genesis much but dang, you're awesome lol. Here's hoping I see you again soon!

Tai - You got death pooled first round lol. It was awesome seeing you again and I'm glad you were able to come

Axe - OMG YOU DID SO GOOD! Making it to bracket AND beating Dr.PP/scar. Not to mention you and Taj ***** in teams. Hope I get to see you again soon =D

Taj - I'm so glad you came out of the retirement for this. There is like two sides of you. The big black 6'6 TAJ who tells people to takes notes and is hilarious then there is the analytical smart 6'6 TAJ who is supah smart lol <3

Brian - Hiiiii! It was fun seeing you again. Wish I could go to SCSA 5. Maybe we can do our MM some other time?

PockyD - it almost seems like a waste to go to Maryland and play an hour worth of friendlies with a norcal player but you're too awesome haha

Boback - Persian Pride!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Jeff - Good job beating Armada!!! I was rooting for you the whole time in singles/doubles. It was nice seeing you again ^_^

Joe - You should have worn a plaid shirt and stopped your shaving a week before this. WC lumberjack >=)

MacD - I know you want one of those pink hats that say "super *****" on them or whatever lol

Xelic - You look like a young Freddy Mercury!

Mogwai - I'm glad I got to MM you. Your Falco advice is too good. <3

Falcomist - Good job doing so well in tourney. Give them a taste of that West coast =D

Scar - Wow, I totally didn't know how nice of a person you are lol. Now I'm glad you live in Norcal. I hope to see you at the next regional =)

HugS - you would've ***** the **** out of bracket if you didn't get death pool'd =(

Tope - you look like you came straight from the 70's

Hax - Nice seeing you again, I've got a long way to go if I want to beat you in an MM haha

P.O.F. - It was fun playing friendlies with you. Putting faces to names is fun =)

D20 - First time I've ever seen a Young Link main! What a champ lol

Dehf - For someone who lives in socal, this was the first time I really got to talk with you much =O

Raynex - I didn't expect you to have such an awesome haircut :chuckle:

Unknown522 - I wish I got to play you lol. You definitely don't look like a kid haha

Cactuar - Fun MM, I'm glad I got to meet you again before you retired. Did you really whisper sweet-nothings into Zhu's ear? I thought that was MacDs job =O

Plank - I randomly stick you into the middle of the shoutouts list but great job hosting the tournament. It was super fun. Less hype than Genesis but much more friendlies and people to meet =)

Vish - I'm glad I finally got to play you! I've wanted to play you ever since seeing "Falcon isn't bad" LOL

Toph - Thanks so much for lending me that controller. I'm glad I got to see you again and it's a shame I didn't get to play you =(

Eggz - I wanted to play you soooooooooo bad :(

Silent Wolf - You **** so hard! You playing with a good controller and you playing with a bad controller are like two completely different people lol

Harriettheguy - Your fox is so aggressive and fast. Fun matches in tourney =)

Chivalruse - It was nice finally meeting you. I forgot to bring up how much you comment on youtube lol

Sol - Your Puff is really good and GGs in pools

Everlasting Yayuhzz - We play like 1/4 of 1 friendly and then plank kicks every off the TVs. How did I know something like that would happen? Oh well, maybe next time :laugh:

Chaddd - I didn't get to talk to you at all but I had to mention the fact that you're game face is amazing. Your eyes are opened absolutely 100% and are just staring. It's really cool XD

Tafokintz - I'm surprised you came to this. It's always good seeing another socal player =)

SleepyK - You're adorableness is second only to KirbyKaze's. It was nice meeting you and your falco is sick. Also, thanks for having you laptop where it was, that way I didn't have to look over the huge crowd XD

M2K - Your Fox *****, you should use it more lmao

Germ/Skler/HDL - Who's the better link? lol

Dashdancedan - I really wish I got to talk/play with you more than I did

Nando - Your Falcon is so fast and good at comboing, I questioned why I was going even with it XD

The Irish Mafia - It was nice seeing you again. It's a shame we only played 1 friendly haha

Lucky - You got bracket ****ed and still *****. What a guy lol

Mango - One day I'll play a friendly with you.....one day....

Sober Teczero - Yay, someone who shares my love of K-On. <3

Drunk Teczero - ......wut?

Dr. PeePee - You're as nice as I imagined you were. I'm glad I was able to hop in and play friendlies with you right as you arrived lol

Raistlin - Ooooooh, you're raistlin. When I met you at Genesis, I couldn't hear you too well and thought you said your name was Race1 XD

Rock Crock - Nice to finally meet you. If all goes well, I'll be doing some more APM later on =)

Bolt - It was nice meeting you. Sorry I didn't record any matches =(

Amsah - Your sheik is almost as cool as your hair lol. I wish I could have played you in PAL because your Uair combos are sick.

Zgetto - Your Fox is really cool. The MM with you was one of the best dollars I've spent in a while haha

Phil - Even in Maryland, you're stylin' on people. Too good =D

Waffles - Way to make it to bracket man. I wish you and Phil commented on SS vs Armada XD

PC Chris - I'm glad you're coming out of retirement. I hope this isn't the last time I see you.

Hungrybox - You're a really awesome guy and it was nice seeing you again. Despite your play style, everyone still <3s you =D

Zhu - Thanks for that practice before this and it's lame you got taken out of the bracket by second and third place lol

Okay, I know I'm forgetting someone because there were a LOT of people I met so just remind me if I missed you and I'll add you in <3

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Just for ayonre that doesn't know (since I see some people think that VBM is Faab) Faab is a European that entered under the name Virus Blue Mage...he is not the real Virus Blue Mage he did it as a joke and to troll all of you guys mad hard in real life...for confirmation ust ask around on the European boards or ask samochan. The real VBM is Jamaican, and is the same guy who has been lurking these boards for months.

He did not go to Pound 4.

YOU ALL GOT MINDGAMED. LOL
Oh really? Faab either seemed very real or he's just acting really good. Either way, doesn't matter. =P

Or maybe you got mindgamed yourself. lol.

AXE 09

Smash Master
alright.... i'm gonna ATTEMPT to do some shoutouts haha. but i'm not gonna name everyone right now, i'm just gonna start off with a few. there's WAY too many to name lol. but here's just a few off the top of my head :)

first and most important shoutout to me...

Twins - guys.... words can't express how truely amazing you guys are. you guys always make me so happy and cheerful, it's ridiculous. you guys have really become some of my best friends. your magic tricks blow my mind, your jokes make me laugh for hours, and you guys just always make me want to be around you guys. please take this to heart when i say it.... you guys mean the world to me <3

and... for some other shoutouts lol. in no particular order

Linguini - man! i had no idea how amazing you are! i know we had to fight at genesis, but i never actually got to "meet" you. this time, i actually got to talk to you and get introduced properly, and you are one heck of an awesome dude! you're really nice and REALLY freakin good with ganon! good stuff man, can't wait to see you again (but hopefully not in the bracket again haha)

Rock Crock - WTF MAN!!! i've NEVER faught a good DK before. that completely just blew my mind! i've seen your DK in some vids before, and i knew it was good, but... wtf dude!!! you 2 stocked my pika with DK the first match we played! WAY too good man, way too good haha. i love your attitude too, man. you're so chill. i guess ganon mains are just way too nice lol. i have yet to find a ganon main with a bad attitude

IB - DUDE YOU ARE WAY TOO LEGIT!!! one of my most favorite people that i met! we are definately black brothers lol. man you're freakin hilarious! it was awesome meeting you dude, i hope we can meet up again sometime

KirbyKaze/SleepyK - alright.... no homo, but you guys are like... the cutest guys ever lol (don't worry, i'm strait)

Armada - man you're so cool!!! you have no idea how big of a fan i am of your peach, and you're so freakin cool!!! you have one of the best attitudes ever. i have no clue how you can have such an awesome attitude, even when people cheer against you. it's players like you that i look up to. one day, i wanna be as good as you man. i really hope i get to meet you again!

Amsah - dude you're so tight!!! man you're so hilarious lol! talking to you at the hotel was one of the highlights for the entire trip! i can't wait to meet you again man, you are way too awesome. you've definately become one of my favorite smashers

Milktea - ah... i really wanted to talk to you more, but... i get REALLY nervous around pretty girls lol. i could barely talk or move when you came up to me to take that picture. one day... maybe i can be more brave ^^

Mango - darn it mango! why do you always have to be so good? lol. well dude, you're a really tight guy :p i'll probably see you again soon at mango juice 2 =)

N64 - man i finally met you!!! i'm so glad we finally got to meet lol. pikachu's the best!!! XD haha man, can't wait to meet you again =)

Toasty - dude you are freakin awesome!!! man i had no idea you were that tight. you put a smile on my face every time i saw you. you're always all hyper and so chill. you rock man!

Chad - too bad we didn't really get to talk much =( but hey, pikachu's amazing =) we gotta play some more sometime man!

Mogwai - dude your falco's no joke o.O i had no idea it was that good lol. i was really impressed, but cmon dude! pikachu's where it's at! you should start playing pika more =D lol. man you're really cool =)

Kells (did i spell that right) - dude wtf, your pikachu's so good!!! why don't you main him man??? PLEEEEEASE start playing pikachu more! we NEED a good pikachu player like you. you're way too legit man!

Boss - dude, you're such a boss!! haha man, you're really freakin chill, and you're the best mario player i've ever faught! all of our matches were so intense dude, i had a blast playing you man

Tai/Taj/Darkshifter - AZ rocks!!!!

Scar - man! i couldn't believe how nice of a guy you are. you have one of the best attitudes ever, and your falcon's REALLY freakin good. i seriously got lucky just because (i'm guessing) you might not have much pika experience. i'm wiilling to bet that if you played me a few times in friendlies, you would've wrecked me in the bracket. pika can only do so much =( man, i really wanna play you some more. you're mad tight! i can't wait to meet you again

Darkrain - darn it man! i only got to play you once with my falco in singles =( i really REALLY wanted to play you more, but you had to go to a match. darn it man! i really hope that next time we meet, we can do like a million friendlies lol. you're really fun to play

Dr. PP - i FINALLY got to meet you! ah! i've been wanting to meet you for the longest time, you don't even know lol. i've always heard how awesome of a person you are, and how amazing your falco is. after meeting you... what i heard was 100% true! man, those falco ditto friendlies were so fun (even though i was getting pwned lol), i hope we can do more when we meet again! you're so fun to play, and you're a really amazing person =)

Zhu - HA! i finally got to play you in falco dittos too!!! do you know how long i've been wanting to falco ditto you??? for like ever man!!! dude, when you told me that you actually "felt like playing", you should've seen the smile on my face lol. i was so glad that you were getting into it, that's exactly what i wanted. falco dittos are so fun man!!! dang, i really wanna play you some more dude. until next time!! PLEASE play me in more falco dittos lol. i love them so much

HDL - your link is absolutely incredible o.O i literally couldn't do ANYTHING! i had no idea you were that good man... you definately earned my respect

Nike - man, i freakin love you haha

Spawn - at least i think that's your name if i remember correctly?? the sheik player in my 2nd round pool? i'm sorry man, my memory sux lol. but dude, your sheik is REALLY freakin good!!! idk how i pulled off a win from you, but i was so shocked at how good you were man. good stuff!! please keep training

HMW - dude you are way freakin tight!!! man i love you, and i love your doc hahaha. i'll see you on the WC :)

Silent Jeff - dude.... during this trip, i found out that not only do we both share the same name, but... we're both left handed. OMG falcon yes!!!! you're definately my most favorite falcon lol. keep killing those shy guys on yoshi's story =D

Stab - dude your falco's really freakin good!! i don't think i've ever ditto'd you before, i had no idea you were that good!! very good stuff man, can't wait to play you again =)

Replicate - holy crap man... your fox is so incredibly good!! man, it was an honor playing you, i'm so glad that i did. you're so legit man! GG's, you're a really cool guy

PC Chris - OMG i can't believe i actually got to meet you!!!! i'm such a big fan... holy crap, i still can't believe it lol. dude... you're such a nice guy, you really made my trip worth while, even if we only talked for just a few moments lol. PLEASE come back into the scene!!! we all miss you!!! i really hope to play you one day man. you're so freakin cool! gosh i still can't believe that i actually met you lol

Falcomist - you should drop marth and start playing pikachu =) lol jk man, you're freakin legit

Hugs - dude i'm so sorry about that whole table incident =( that sux man... i hope your hand gets better real soon

Cactuar - man our friendlies were soooooo freakin hilarious lol!!!! Fair battles FTW!!!! pikachu's Fair is WAY better than Fox's!!! XD lol omg dude, i gotta play you in those again lol. you kinda ***** me in the Up-b battles though, but pikachu will get revenge with Forward B battles!!!

Alright :) i'm sorry for everyone who i can't name off the top of my head right now =( i know i'm missing like a million people lol. but i'm pretty tired, i might do more shoutouts later =) basically, everyone was amazing!!! i love all you guys, can't wait to meet you all again!

D1

Banned via Administration
**** I dunno where to start w/ shoutouts, but first and foremost I gotta shoutout the Europeans for being so top tier.

Amsah first and foremost for bring Shiek back, showin ppl that she's still **** as hell in the right hands. Fair spam ftw. I see alotta Captain Jack influence in your style of play. You're nice as hell and don't ever change! Seeya at Apex 2!!!
Zgetto-My Fox brother! You're hilarious as can be! It was a pleasure! ("You know you know." LMAO)
Adam-Lol I never knew you and Amsah were brothers! No wonder you're so good it must run in the family! You're cool as hell as well, and funny too! I hope the trip back home was a good one! Seeya next time! Trey Songz ftw! Your Marth is ****!
Faab-Easily the funniest one out of the whole group. You're a great pal man, playing you in pools and Taboo was fun as hell. I hope to seeya at Apex as well VBM! XD
Remen-Smart as hell! I barely hear ya talk but I know you're cool as hell regardless, see if you guys can get more Euros to come! I miss Helios!
Armada-my pools matches vs you were hard as nails, you're probably the best Peach in the world easily. Keep up the good work man. Everyone loves to see you play, you're one of the reasons why Melee is so good, cuz you prove characters that people soemtimes think can't win...CAN WIN. Keep up the good work and I hope to seeya at Apex!

Aniolas, Marc, Strawhat, Over and the rest...if I forgot any other Europeans, I didn't obviously get to meet ya'll. Regardless you're all ****.

Helping out was a pleasure Plank and I wouldn't mind doing it again if ya need me. I like hearing myself on the mic XDD! Tantalus, Ame, Chaos Marth, Alex Strife, Hat, and etc made the experience even more fulfilling.

West Coast smashers are always a pleasure to see here on the East Coast.
HMW and Phil! I'm happy I finally was able to commentate along side you guys! My life is now complete.
Germ watching ur Link vs. Jash was mad entertaining your Link is legit! Bring Trevyn back!
Zhu's Falco is insane as hell I hope one day to have a Falco as ****.
SS-Wow Jeff, the crowd pleaser. You are amazing, and don't you ever change. Good spit beating Armada!
Lucky-My WC Fox brother! You're too good dude! It was great seein you again, and ur gf is mad cool! Next time I know you'll take top 3 bro you're hella **** and you know it!
Mango-You're too **** at this **** game. Stop makin me say **** all the **** time! Teach me Jiggz! LOL Next time make it rain when you win. Also real talk, that jab when HBox whiffed a rest was absolutely the most gangsta thing I've ever seen done in Melee history. Who the hell wins a Grand Finals like that? Mango does.
Sidefx-I wish I got to chll more or talk more...your hella **** and I miss all my DC++-ers from back then.
Zoap-I'm happy ya didn't forget a brother LOL get at my hella **** memory, we met back at VLS XD.
Eclipsing Binary-I will never forget ya my bro haha you're too chill
Bluefoxtt-You're mad cool bro, sry the crowd had to scream in our games.
HugS-I'm sry I always ask for Gabe when I seeya LOL. It was hella great to seeya dude...you're a great coach.
DEHF-You're like the only reason I ever think about coming back to playing Brawl. Best Falco in Braw period. I wish ya took the Brawl tourney man...you def looked like you were in it to win it. Maybe next time mang.
Shroomed-even tho our friendly was short lived it was fun meetin and seein ya bro
Taj-your Mewtwo is hella ****,and you're cool as hell. Bring Forward back yo! He's def one of the resasons I picked up Falco.
Axe-Your Pika and Falco are beast and you're cool as hell too!
Falcomist, PockyD-I barely talked to you guys but it was great seein ya'll!
****it now I got Puerto Rico-
Lord HDL-You're probably one of the best Links ever man, soooo polished wtf. I wish you and Germ coulda dittoed...not like it would mean anything, but it'd be amazing to watch.
Hyper and the rest of his Pedazo gang-You guys are hilarious and always fun to hang around. LOL

MW-Vidjo-great to seeya! Thanks for not forgettin me XD
Drephen-all dis ***** does is grab, dsmash, and fair LOL
I dunno if any other MW-ers went...where was Tink?
Kels is hella chill though glad to meet ya!
Lain-LOL sry for not going hard vs. ya 1st game...I just thought regardless of what I do I'll get powershield grabbed to infinite. XD It was fun and you're hella chill!
Darkrain-great games in pools your CF is amazzzzzzing. Good job in teams!
18spikes-where'd you get the music from your "Take It and Get Out" combo video? I always wanted to ask ya at teh venue.

South-
Lee Martin-you're cool as hell bro. Hopefully if I'm up to it next time I won't go Ganon in pools LOL.
Dr. Peepee- you're sooooo fuggin good w/ Falco wtf keep it up bro! You're another crowd pleaser! Thx to you we all love yelling "Stack it up!" and "GET 'EM PEEPEE!"
Mike G-the man, the legend, I surely can't wait till you come back to NYC. We need you!
Lady Legion-mad cool as well it was nice meetin ya!
RockCrock-one of my favorite Southern smashers from MLG Orlando days, its always good to see ya.
Lambchopz-good sh** going to work instead of attending the tourney, thats mad responsible of ya n I respect ya
Linguni-Your Ganon is fuggin **** as hell, you'll def do better next time.
...**** I know there are more Southern smashers, but I can't remember ah well the rest of you all **** <3

Ganada-
Kage-I wish you made more heads hype this time around, but your presenece was enough to make us all happy, Keep up the good work, I see more ppl having faith in maining Ganon nowadays its crazy!
Sanuzi-Fun friendlies you're cool as hell!
Unknown-Thanks for never forgettin a negro! Your Fox is legit!
Raynex-OMG youre set vs Armada was crazy, you're Fox is hella legit!
Ally-Stop being so good at Brawl, I wanna see you **** in Melee!
KirbyKaze-is Kawaii as hell and has a **** Sheik!
Also to Bam, Vwins, and Pkmvodka it was great seeing you all again!

East Coast I gotta do another separate post for ya'll cuz ya'll are too amazing!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm as cute as SleepyK! ^.^

This is exactly the kind of social acceptance I've been craving MY WHOLE LIFE!!!!!

[/warm and fuzzy]

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
PP is too nice. Such a gentlemen. After he ***** me, he offered to buy me dinner and wait with me until the ambulance came.

^.^

White_Mike

Smash Lord
IDK The smash community seems to be pretty tolerant of it but some people aren't.

OH and did anyone find a bag with clothes in it? Tag told me he saw a post somewhere with someone talking about it.

It had A Zune Sync Chord, Canon Battery Charger, and some clothes in it. (Blue Plaid Shirt, Green Long Sleeve, Red Pajamas...etc)

Also hopefully I feel more adventurous with my camera at the next tourney and actually don't feel awkward about asking random smashers if I can take their picture.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
IDK The smash community seems to be pretty tolerant of it but some people aren't.

OH and did anyone find a bag with clothes in it? Tag told me he saw a post somewhere with someone talking about it.

It had A Zune Sync Chord, Canon Battery Charger, and some clothes in it. (Blue Plaid Shirt, Green Long Sleeve, Red Pajamas...etc)

Also hopefully I feel more adventurous with my camera at the next tourney and actually don't feel awkward about asking random smashers if I can take their picture.
*torches bag on fire*

what bag?

who cares if someone is gay. i dont care in the least, i dont see why people would

Top Bottom