• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Revival Of Melee Tournament Match Thread

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
if it was wife by himself, or wife and anyone half decent, it would've been a lot better

honestly i was waiting for wife to just say "shut up and let me commentate!"

nublet06

Smash Lord
well when you witness the complete opposite of what you have been preaching the last few weeks, i guess all thats left to do is break the golden rule. make johns.

maybe thats a little too old school for scar tho.

you know its sad when you cant even take the top rivalry in the game seriously while doing commentary for it. and mew2king obviously felt the lack of support and resort to johning because he gave up and got 4 stocked by mango. something not smart to give to a little kid who bragged so much about pound 3 lol.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
M2k was playing maybe different?...not many sword dance or forward B spacing involved with marth on the jiggs at least. In previous encounters he used alot more jabs/ftilts and wavedash movement. Great matches, Wish Wife had more mic time/control though.

I think M2k said in another thread he could only beat Jiggs with fox. I'd have to challenge him to re-think that and watch his older matches vs Puff with Marth.

Mango did great and is so dangerous because of his skill with other characters with such a rare match up like Jiggs it's difficult to adjust to. I mean you can play EC jiggs all the time but IMO it's a hard translation to fight a nairing/pounding combo puff and a Bread and butter bair puff.

Shiz did amazing, looks nothing like the falco at FAST1. He improved alot!

JFox

Smash Hero
wc has a lot of annoying habits while they commentate too imo. cheering for one player is not really commentary. using people's first names when other people outside of ur region wanna watch vids. saying legit too much. lol

but yea imo this commentary blew. it was like a little b*tchfest on scar's part. fox is the best in the game, theres no reason why people should be making any excuses for him.

I like alukard & DJ Nintendo commentary best. Wife & DJ would be an interesting combo lol.

nublet06

Smash Lord
Wife - "oh wow that was some amazing DI on that up smash"

DJ - "he obviously drank DJ's before the tournament today"

you always need one person to do the serious work, and then a funny (maybe a little ********) to take care of the boring parts of the match. thats how they do it in sports.

scar nailed the ******** part, he just missed out on the funny.

unfortunately socal doesnt have a serious person to counteract hmwaffles and phil. but it works because we are special.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Nublet, that's exactly how our commentary would go lol. I've also wanted to commentate with Wife since it'll be a beast combo of professionalism and funny-ism lol.

nublet06

Smash Lord
someone teach me how to play again

someone visit!!!
Maybe the most important steps that you take along your journey to recovery will be the little steps. The daily steps that you take even when you seem to be going nowhere. Before I elaborate on this let me first give you a brief outline for the five steps of recovery.

1. Denial

2. Hurt and Anger

3. Confusion

4. Acceptance

5. Forgiveness

step 1. you played amazingly mew2king. your come back agaisnt shiz showed one of your finest moments and largets accomplish ment in smash history. you STILL know how to play this game. you never forgot. you just got ***** by mango. its common.

step 2. let your hurt and anger flow freely. take it out on noobs. take every match seriously and 4 stock as many people as you can.

step 3 is a hard one. confusion. its a late side effect of the mind games. you may still be trying to deal with the spacing, not realizing the match is already over and mango is far from you.

step 4. learn to accept mango as the clear better player.

step 5. forgiveness. you need to forgive people like me for making fun of you all the time and rooting against you. use it as motivation. and dont get ***** at genesis.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Yeah most WC commentary isn't much better. It's usually two guys yelling "OH **** OH **** WHERE YOU AT?" the whole time.

JFox

Smash Hero
**** Zhu! All the words you highlighted were MADDDDD gay. But I agree that Lucky is pretty BEAST

Lol ec v wc slang

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
**** Zhu! All the words you highlighted were MADDDDD gay. But I agree that Lucky is pretty BEAST

Lol ec v wc slang
Awww yeah =D

And Scar, you make me sad. Once you were done complaining about Jiggs, you go ahead and say "well ok, Mango's good, too bad the rest of WC sucks". Is 13th really that bad? Did I really not impress anyone? Come on now, I really didn't want to travel across the country to hear more bias, I could've just gone to norcal for that.

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
I think you would have fought much better with a clear head, m2k. Also, you can probably beat jiggs with marth too... look at pound three matches vs. mango. You did it before, you can do it again. And good luck practicing tech skill with fox...

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Zhu, you impressed a lot of people by showing up.

darkatma

Smash Hero
i think zhu impressed a lot of people by 3-0ing all of canada.

<3 canada though.
like raynex
and vwins has such good edgeguarding. it's like, pinkshinobi but even more vertical control.

R3N0

Smash Lord
zhu, you're awesome =D i <3'd all our matches!!! thx for posting em up!

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
Maybe the most important steps that you take along your journey to recovery will be the little steps. The daily steps that you take even when you seem to be going nowhere. Before I elaborate on this let me first give you a brief outline for the five steps of recovery.

1. Denial

2. Hurt and Anger

3. Confusion

4. Acceptance

5. Forgiveness

step 1. you played amazingly mew2king. your come back agaisnt shiz showed one of your finest moments and largets accomplish ment in smash history. you STILL know how to play this game. you never forgot. you just got ***** by mango. its common.

step 2. let your hurt and anger flow freely. take it out on noobs. take every match seriously and 4 stock as many people as you can.

step 3 is a hard one. confusion. its a late side effect of the mind games. you may still be trying to deal with the spacing, not realizing the match is already over and mango is far from you.

step 4. learn to accept mango as the clear better player.

step 5. forgiveness. you need to forgive people like me for making fun of you all the time and rooting against you. use it as motivation. and dont get ***** at genesis.

lmfao please don't ever talk like this to m2k, he changed the game(s) and will probably continue to do so.

super fast uploads, well appreciated.

SuperRad

Smash Master
I know that Scar claims the "10 cool people he knows" all say his commentary is fine, but god **** he is awful.
Either he's ******** ["Fox has the most killing power in the game and it takes a back air at 150% to kill!"] or just doesn't understand how jokes work.
[I have to admit that the use of Legendary and "Suit Up" made me crack a smile, that show is too good.]

I am biased towards WC commentary, because Home Made Waffles and Phil are two of my favorite people in the community, but I don't think anyone can deny that Scar is basically the worst out there right now. Listening to these videos did make me realize that Sliq and Wife together could be really awesome together.

Also, why are people saying "one sided cheering doesn't make good commentary" in regards to WC? Have you not watched Mango vs M2K? Scar *****es for 4 matches about Mango playing puff. At least WC can be funny in their one sided commentary.

Lastly, WC Commentary is very real. If the computers arent on and recording, you're still going to hear phil and brandon [and zoap, among others] over the crowd saying the same stuff they do when the mics on. Thats why they use the first name's of players and will root against somebody.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
funny thing shiz is even rustier than m2k and still got 3rd. dam people still think he got better. he skills stay the same he just lost some exp for not playign the game at alll ten coming to get 3rd. that tourney was the only tourney he was able to play people besides cpu lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i'd be happy to upload crews. that is if he hasn't given the footage to someone else already.
if u cant i can also upload crews for u if eggm or whoever sends me the vids. il put some awesome editing on it like i did back for the first no johns. revival of melee crews demands such pristine quality and editing.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
if u cant i can also upload crews for u if eggm or whoever sends me the vids. il put some awesome editing on it like i did back for the first no johns. revival of melee crews demands such pristine quality and editing.
Sent the video to Chibo. Here is a link to the raw footage for those who cannot wait. http://www.cs.drexel.edu/~rpt27/videos/Crews.wmv.

DO NOT PUT IT ON YOUTUBE unless your name is ChiboSempai.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
WOW you ujust answered my prayers.

edit: too bad i have NO IDEA who is who

i'll just wait i guess :urg:

Eggm

Smash Hero
I think you really have to know scar to find his commentary hilarious. If you know his personality and don't take his stuff too personally like hes not meaning it too its really funny. But its not surprise since WC doesn't know him that they would find it annoying.

Top Bottom