• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Revival Of Melee Tournament Match Thread

idea

Smash Master
at least one of sheik's grabs can get jiggs, yes, but i forget which one and the spacing is weird. (not sure what it is exactly since i've never been the sheik in that matchup)

also, according to vanz, you can still crouch under those with the first few frames of jiggs' crouch, which he says are lower. i haven't tested that one out.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
dash/boost grab can grab a crouching jigglypuff but you have to space it very well. i've seen it done.

Cia

das kwl
at least one of sheik's grabs can get jiggs, yes, but i forget which one and the spacing is weird. (not sure what it is exactly since i've never been the sheik in that matchup)

also, according to vanz, you can still crouch under those with the first few frames of jiggs' crouch, which he says are lower. i haven't tested that one out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQBglaY84-Y

watch me vs cactus on his 2nd stock.

Smash Ace
I would love to have a sheik as bad as yours, M2K. Even against 1 character.

JFox

Smash Hero
I see that the crew battle is up and ready for download on the drexel website, but why isn't it cut and thrown onto youtube yet?

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I see that the crew battle is up and ready for download on the drexel website, but why isn't it cut and thrown onto youtube yet?
I don't have a lot of time and I am too lazy to edit the crews so I gave it to Chibo to download, and compile into youtube goodness.

I figured since it was out there, anyone who wants to watch the raw file can do as they please.

Cia

das kwl
^ pakman - if you don't upload my tournament set, would you be able to send me the raw file?? i might have some useable combos in there :chuckle:

ZoSo

Smash Champion

dash/boost grab can grab a crouching jigglypuff but you have to space it very well. i've seen it done.
Jiggs moves slightly up and down while crouching, so I'm pretty sure Sheik can grab/not grab her depending on where she is in the animation. It's not totally reliable.

soap

Smash Hero
its sheiks dash grab. And it's not consistent at all. I can get it like 1/3 times and the spacing is weird. Not something to rely on.

what you should do is pressure smartly and grab the moment they shield, or u can grab them out of a whiffed usmash or other move that changes the animation.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Some one i forget who taught me that jiggs is lowest as she FIRST crouches. You miss with mad stuff as she's first crouching shes super low.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Mango Vs Chu and Raynex vs Colbol now available.
Hey i'm just wondering if Me and Chu's set wasn't recorded? Cause I think that was right before PC and it was on the same t.v. as me vs pc....

Just curious :chuckle:.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
raynex had a cut thumb, like a huge cut, and he still did this good!

i know he got knocked out by hax not sure who he lost too first

Cia

das kwl
Some one i forget who taught me that jiggs is lowest as she FIRST crouches. You miss with mad stuff as she's first crouching shes super low.
it was ME.. LOL

i remember we were testing it, and you said "WOW, i couldn't hit her with my LOWEST laser."

LOLOL

Hax

Smash Champion
$5 to anyone with vids of my set vs raynex (sorry raynex that set was too good XD)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
its alright. I don't get ***** often, nor does the **** get recorded. Plus you were playing well and had support. I can't hate, you deserved the win.

having 30 ny peeps in my ear definitely had an effect on my playing though. lol no johns i guess.

honestly, as the set dragged on I felt like the more they cheered the more nervous I got and the more predictable I got. Afterwards everyone get saying Falcon is a momentum character, and that hax$ feeds off crowd hype. I wouldn't know, seeing as we have no high level Falcons in tournament play. But man if you played like you did in match 2 every game...you'd be one of the top 2-3 Falcons in the world. haha the stomps had me shook

Next time I'm taking you down son. GGs

idea

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQBglaY84-Y

watch me vs cactus on his 2nd stock.
cool, thanks =) i actually saw this video before and assumed that was a case of really bad spacing.

and to further confirm it, i did this a few times in a row on raynex's marth today while he was trying different types of grabs.

not on his fox, though. if i'm on the ground vs. him i'm generally in the process of dying.

wow, raynex is such ****.

who knocked that kid out?
hungrybox in winner's, hax in loser's

haha the stomps had me shook
i didn't know people actually said that.

Renth

Smash Hero
every video is a fun watch.

Good work shizwiz i'm really not surprised that you did so well, you win like every florida tournament.

mango vs. m2k **** happens, i had a tournament set with green mario where everytime i tried to down b with ganon to recover i'd warlock punch down the hole, needless to say that controller was immediately smashed and ran over. - No hate.

Eggm

Smash Hero
its alright. I don't get ***** often, nor does the **** get recorded. Plus you were playing well and had support. I can't hate, you deserved the win.

having 30 ny peeps in my ear definitely had an effect on my playing though. lol no johns i guess.

honestly, as the set dragged on I felt like the more they cheered the more nervous I got and the more predictable I got. Afterwards everyone get saying Falcon is a momentum character, and that hax$ feeds off crowd hype. I wouldn't know, seeing as we have no high level Falcons in tournament play. But man if you played like you did in match 2 every game...you'd be one of the top 2-3 Falcons in the world. haha the stomps had me shook

Next time I'm taking you down son. GGs
Welcome to NY lol. Thats not even as bad as before brawl... gosh I went to a NY weekly and during teams finals I had like.. 50 people all screaming at me and reik. You guys never had to experience DA trash talk lol, they are the loudest and most obnoxious of all by far. Also the NY venue was tiny so they were like RIGHT next 2 u screaming.

Top Bottom