• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Revival Of Melee Tournament Match Thread

White_Mike

Smash Lord
East coast isn't johning, you guys weren't even there...did you not see the set list on page 1?

It be much more productive to edit and work on important things like crews then to put up 3 friendlies.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
How is that fail? I thought the guy was well-liked. Sorry for having been absent for awhile, but if p is an elitist, I guess mistake on my part. Not fail swiftbass.
ur fail was SPECIFICALLY referencing the fact that you used "elitey"(which is not even a word) instead of 1337.

that is all

pound3

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
so now the johns are starting
stfu, noone cares, eat some ****

but people do care about UPLOADING THE ****ING GRAND FINALS. PLEASE PAKMAN. or log onto the dc hub and upload them or something. or upload them on megaupload. I DONT CARE THAT THE MATCHES SUCK I JUST WANNA SEE THEM. theyre the ****ing grand finals. this is getting really frustrating.
That's... not a john, but okay.

And nobody cares about a joke set. They'll come eventually.

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
Wow...look at the speed difference between m2k at ROM ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CSjPMnuZi4&feature=channel_page ) and M2k at super champ combo ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaZxz1YhuA0 )

M2k looks AMAZING at SCC. I'd really like to see m2k get back into shape for genesis, but I dunno if that would happen nowadays.
Fixed.

There is such a huge difference in these videos, it's really like they aren't even the same players. M2K spaced Mango so well at SCC. Looking at the RoM video, Mango got so much better at the Marth matchup; he haplessly dives into M2K at SCC versus his approach at RoM.

And everyone really needs to chill out about the Grand Finals. Pakman has a life, a job, and much better things to be doing then encoding and uploading videos. There was a live stream of this tournament (which Pakman was responsible for setting up)... meaning people had an opportunity to watch the set. And the people who took this opportunity to watch the set are saying that it was garbage and the other sets are more important to put up. Get over thinking that anyone is owed this set.

To say that this is just EC johns is insane, because Pakman put up the Winner's Final set where they both actually tried. And Mango won convincingly - and almost all of EC admits Mango is better right now. There's no johns in that. If anything I would think it means more that the Winner's Final set was put up just because it meant Mango's best versus M2K's best and Mango triumphed, and not just a battle of secondaries that ends with a FALCON DITTO.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
except thats not our bests fighting each other, its mangos best vs my rusty, while SCC was my best vs his not-as-good-yet. I don't think we got to fight each other when both of us were at our bests imo. Do you seriosuly think that's my best? I was playing horrible with fox, i never play that bad. I forgot what to do with marth, I'm reckless now. Even jman who sux vs jiggs got mango to 1 stock low % both games in their MM. I'm not as good as I used to be, so that's why I need people to come visit me so I can get better (I quit playing both smash games alone it is soooo boring). You live in NJ, why don't you come play me?

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
except thats not our bests fighting each other, its mangos best vs my rusty, while SCC was my best vs his not-as-good-yet. I don't think we got to fight each other when both of us were at our bests imo. Do you seriosuly think that's my best? I was playing horrible with fox, i never play that bad. I forgot what to do with marth, I'm reckless now. Even jman who sux vs jiggs got mango to 1 stock low % both games in their MM. I'm not as good as I used to be, so that's why I need people to come visit me so I can get better (I quit playing both smash games alone it is soooo boring). You live in NJ, why don't you come play me?
Come to Bayonne! You can play me, Teczero, Vanz, and Oorah. Actually, if the Tunes organize some kind of smashfest this week, Eggm and Jfox would be there too.

And obviously RoM was not your best, but since we don't have a time machine your current Marth/Fox will have to suffice, sadly. It's time M2K gets back to **** status.

nublet06

Smash Lord
apparently pound 3 never happened.

you know the LAST time mango made you give up? you did a jiggs ditto. for some reason your little story here skips that.

oh and you were still considered the best in the world then since mango suicided last stock and you got lucky at scc.

otherwise this would be the third tournament in a row he beat you. instead its only the 2nd in a row he dominated you.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
wow lol, I thought the EC would have manned up by now, but they have nothing left to john about, so now it's left to "I'm rusty" and "GFs was a joke set" johns. WOW.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
it is the truth though. I am never going to be as good as I used to. I still think he counters me since I do just as well (and in my prime arguably better) vs most other people but do horrible vs him and only him. If it wasn't for annoying Cali people constantly talking about it I wouldn't have said that. I Do think I was really rusty at RoM (my marth and sheik were okay but my fox was horrible) and I also do think I am horrible vs jiggs. I think I'd have over a 50% chance of winning if i was allowed to ban a character and he was too. Who cares. I already said mango is the best because he is the best right now. Everything I said is something I believe, it's not your business to care or bring up all the time, as that is just disrespectful and annoying

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Mew2king,

I think WC people are saying what they're saying because of the commentary from the vids (especially Scar's in Winner's finals) and the general response of the EC regarding mango.

Honestly, don't take it personally. This is more EC vs WC rivalry moreso than Mango vs M2k

Mew2King

King of the Mews
i hate the coast wars it's so stupid and pointless. Who cares where someone lives. I do not support any EC vs WC rivalry or hate (although I do think overall EC is better, I don't really care) and I am tired of people downplaying me just because I'm not as good as I used to be. Did people actually expect me to get better after brawl came out when there's far less tourneys? Why do they keep annoyingly bringing it up. It seems very disrespectful to me, and is starting to make me hate Cali.

i remember when this game was just about the fun

good times

soap

Smash Hero
Is mango comin back to east coast again before genesis?

I missed RoM an I really wanna play him.

edit - coast wars r fun, jus dont take it so seriously.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
i hate the coast wars it's so stupid and pointless. Who cares where someone lives. I do not support any EC vs WC rivalry or hate (although I do think overall EC is better, I don't really care) and I am tired of people downplaying me just because I'm not as good as I used to be. Did people actually expect me to get better after brawl came out when there's far less tourneys? Why do they keep annoyingly bringing it up. It seems very disrespectful to me, and is starting to make me hate Cali.

good times
M2K, I'm from Cali, and please don't let a few people make you hate the state, or the smashers therein. There are annoying WC smashers, definitely. But truthfully there are equally annoying EC and MW smashers also. Some people are just downright annoying.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion

good times
I hope I'm cool in your book =D

And Pakman, mind letting me know if you have vids of me vs Alukard or Cort? =D

Mew2King

King of the Mews
ya Zhu you were cool you weren't talking **** or anything (I don't think) so I like you

Z_B - respect is very important to me, and if people don't show it then I end up not liking them. I don't support a lot of the stupid drama and stuff that goes on on the boards, but I'm not about to lie about what I think either if brought up.

nublet06

Smash Lord
just stop posting silly johns like banning characters and stuff lol.

every post goes something like. "mango is better than me BUT!!!!!"

"I think I'd have over a 50% chance of winning if i was allowed to ban a character and he was too." just leave stupid crap like that out of your posts. this game is a fair video game. you are allowed to pick jiggly puff as well.

"Did people actually expect me to get better after brawl came out when there's far less tourneys?" kind of like how mango learned all of his secondaries against a failing socal community filled with noobs and a lack of tournaments. it wasnt until a month or so ago that tournaments have started to really come back and melee people actually showing signs of improvement out here.

as long as you keep inserting tiny johns in the middle of your posts people are going to rip you because no1 shows sympathy for a johner.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
nublet you don't get it I don't like people bringing it up randomly for no reason when I'm not saying anything, things that you and P and dantefox and random other guys are doing. This is making me dislike the state. Do you expect just to say all this bad stuff then me not respond to it? Why would you even say that

soap

Smash Hero
U can respond to their trash talk, just don't group your hate for an entire state on a very small fraction of the smashers

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I think M2K had a point, I think he does better flat our and then Mang0 does.

Example: He beat DSW 3-1 where as Mang0 and shiz would probably go to the final round, and I just think M2K does better against other people.

That being said, Mang0 can still beat everyone out there, just not by the great margin that M2K can...but it doesn't matter seeing as Mang0 is M2K's kryptonite...

nublet06

Smash Lord
nublet you don't get it I don't like people bringing it up randomly for no reason when I'm not saying anything
if you will notice most of my posts include a quote of one of your johns. so yes you ARE saying something and im not coming out of the blue.

Do you expect just to say all this bad stuff then me not respond to it? Why would you even say that
no i actually wish you would respond to some of the things i say, instead you are ignoring them and now bringing up stuff like respect when it is irrelevant. i bring up very strong counter johns to all of your johns. im not really saying bad things, im saying what i feel.

and speaking of respect i can bring up two different tournaments in which i wanted to play friendlies with you and you kicked me off the tv or walked away because i play luigi and you said "can you please play somebody else i wont be playing any luigis in tournaments" so i nicely switched to characters i dont even play just for you....and you repayed the favor by chaingrabbing me. you only chaingrabbed me during the times you didnt kick me off or walk away though. so im sorry i have no respect for you and apparently you have never respected me to begin with.

anyway.....yes please reply to my posts or just contnue to dodge them.

I think M2K had a point, I think he does better flat our and then Mang0 does.

Example: He beat DSW 3-1 where as Mang0 and shiz would probably go to the final round, and I just think M2K does better against other people.

That being said, Mang0 can still beat everyone out there, just not by the great margin that M2K can...but it doesn't matter seeing as Mang0 is M2K's kryptonite...
tournament brackets dont care if you 4 stock someone or 1 stock someone.

if they both beat everybody, but mango beats mew2king. he is clearly the best player. the only time mew2kings point comes in to play is when you acknowledge little johns like character choice or matchups. and if you wanna bring up chaarcter choice its really easy to point out that marth has better matchups than jigglypuff for just about every matchup in the game.

and dont just assume that mango shiz would go to last game lol.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
wow WTF that doesn't sound like anything I would do and I'm sorry if I ever did that. I don't remember that. I only say in response what I think is true, I'm not the one to start saying things unless people say things that offend me. All I'm saying is that I think my prime was the same or better than Mango is (although my odds of beating him are very small as I feel he counters me and I would stand a much better chance against like Azen/Kens prime or even KDJs prime now with Sheik dittos or something). I admitted he's better now what more do you want, I'm not going to say anything I don't believe though. I don't think he's better than I used to be. Why does everyone care so much what I think, I generally keep it to myself unless people say stupid stuff that I disagree with or find offensive.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
and speaking of respect i can bring up two different tournaments in which i wanted to play friendlies with you and you kicked me off the tv or walked away because i play luigi and you said "can you please play somebody else i wont be playing any luigis in tournaments" so i nicely switched to characters i dont even play just for you....and you repayed the favor by chaingrabbing me. you only chaingrabbed me during the times you didnt kick me off or walk away though. so im sorry i have no respect for you and apparently you have never respected me to begin with.

dayum......... did he ninja pick FD every time too?

Top Bottom