• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Revival Of Melee Tournament Match Thread

D

Deleted member

It's bull**** because M2K took out someone who would've given us something worth watching (Shiz) only to ****ing give up before the first match even started. Sorry, I love you Jason, but it's a huge disappointment to everyone to see you play phenominal smash vs. everyone else and then just call it a day vs. Mango. I would've been happier had he just conceded that match rather than playing that sham of a set because now we gotta hear from WC how Mango beat M2K with Falco and Falcon when M2K had already thrown in the towel.
it is not the job of the players to appease you, lord and master. the players play to win money. m2k won more money than shiz by beating him. get over yourself.

greedy *****.

pockyD

Smash Legend
as spectators, we certainly weren't "cheated" out of anything we "deserved", but that doesn't mean we can't be disappointed -_-

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Well it is a fair amount of trouble. I sit in front of a computer at work all day and the last thing I want to do is go home and sit down and rip videos.

All sorts of people are asking me to put other vids up. I still have probably 10 more entertaining sets to put up. I really don't feel like getting my youtube spammed with "What a boring set" and various M2K flame. That is why if I do put them up, I will probably have them viewable from only my webspace.
Just don't look at the comments if you don't want to deal with the negative feedback. Like P said, you owe it to us to put those vids up. It will look very suspicious if you fail to put the videos up simply because you disagreed with the outcome of the finals. I have a feeling they would've been the first vids to go up had m2k won.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Just don't look at the comments if you don't want to deal with the negative feedback. Like P said, you owe it to us to put those vids up. It will look very suspicious if you fail to put the videos up simply because you disagreed with the outcome of the finals. I have a feeling they would've been the first vids to go up had m2k won.
**** you. I've been in this community way too long to deal with this ****.

I don't disagree with the results at all. I think Mango is better than M2K right now. M2K needs to quit brawl and get his tech skill way up if he even wants a chance to beat Mango at Genesis. Mango deserved 1st place.

I put up their set in winners finals when M2K lost.

This isn't a coast rivalry thing. It's the fact that the matches weren't interesting and M2K gave up, and didn't take them seriously. M2K tried to falcon punch in one of them.

I recorded the finals at Pound 3 and put them up promptly. M2K lost both last sets. The difference here is that they were legitimate matches at Pound 3. These were bull****.

Also, I don't owe the community these videos. They were captured by my equipment. I don't see most of the other players lugging around a laptop, av wires, a video splitter, a capture device, a tv, and power squids to every tournament.

I don't put up everything I record, because I am not going to put stuff on youtube that the majority of people won't like.

The only two criteria I have is that
A.) The matches are interesting.
or
B.) A friend of mine wants something uploaded.

I said I would put them on my webspace. Be patient

strawhats

Smash Master
I know how you feel pakman but these guys are right you should probably put the vids up. I love m2k as much as anybody else here in the EC but karma is telling me if you put those vids up m2k will be forced to watch his own defeat which will hopefully make him more determined to kick mango's *** next time, lets see if WC would do the same assuming mango and m2k have the godliest fight ever with m2k comin out on top.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
*Johns and BAAAAAAAAAWing*
W/e dude, do what you want. They're your vids. Might I suggest sending them to someone else so that they can put them up on their youtube? That way you won't have to deal with the videos being below your standards, and the community can still see them on youtube.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
wtf is BAAAAAWing? and I don't even know why you put "*Johns".

they're pakman's vids and he can do what he chooses to do with them. However, I do like the idea of sending them to someone else so they can post them on their youtube account if Pakman doesn't want/doesn't have the time to

pockyD

Smash Legend
I think you should ultimately put them up... but it's really up to you when you do it and in what order

the thing about grand finals matches (and other 'important' matches) is that recording it is not only for you; it's for the community... whereas maybe if you hadn't recorded a round 1 match, nobody would have, when you reach the grand finals, SOMEONE will record it... and if not you, then it's pretty likely that someone else would have liked to step up and do it, simply because the matches hold greater importance

that said, if the matches sucked, go ahead and upload other stuff first, put less effort into this one (if you normally have to sync commentary after the fact, or whatever), etc. , but I DO think the community "deserves" the videos in some sense

DanteFox

Smash Champion
wtf is BAAAAAWing? and I don't even know why you put "*Johns".

they're pakman's vids and he can do what he chooses to do with them. However, I do like the idea of sending them to someone else so they can post them on their youtube account if Pakman doesn't want/doesn't have the time to
"BAW" is an onomatopoeic internet slang word referring to the sound of crying.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
i don't see how he was crying
**** you. I've been in this community way too long to deal with this ****.

Also, I don't owe the community these videos. They were captured by my equipment. I don't see most of the other players lugging around a laptop, av wires, a video splitter, a capture device, a tv, and power squids to every tournament.

darkatma

Smash Hero
we <3 you pakman

If you guys haven't recorded matches before, know that it's a pain to rip stuff off a VCR and then get them encoded to a small enough file to upload. Pakman's doing a good job considering he has work as well and is busy all the time.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
that said, if the matches sucked, go ahead and upload other stuff first, put less effort into this one (if you normally have to sync commentary after the fact, or whatever), etc. , but I DO think the community "deserves" the videos in some sense
agreed.

wow i didnt know that u have more sets and stuff...*patiently waits*

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
The commentary on this is so bias its sickening wife is usually a good commentator but with scar makes him look like a douche. All Scar and him do is john the whole time its really annoying...

Lovage

Smash Hero
yo the grand finals was obviously disappointing, but there were still some very amazing moments in this set. im thinking mostly of mango (falco) vs. m2k (shiek) on corneria, very good match

JFox

Smash Hero
Like P said, you owe it to us to put those vids up. It will look very suspicious if you fail to put the videos up simply because you disagreed with the outcome of the finals. I have a feeling they would've been the first vids to go up had m2k won.
This is the most rude post I've ever read. And after all of pakman's hard work...You're lucky that I don't own those videos, because after reading this I would have deleted them just to teach smashers a lesson. And then to mock him after he responded angrily at your thoughtless words.

Get this through your head- YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS. You made absolutely no contribution whatsoever to this tournament or the capture of these videos. Pakman has every right to do whatever he feels with HIS OWN videos.

If it were me, I'd probably make every single video I ever captured at this tournament set to private until Dantefox cried to me to put them back up. When he refused to apologize out of stubbornness (and trust me he would) I would have the entire community persecuting and harassing him for being such a **** that he would eventually crack and either apologize or leave the community. Either way thats a win win.

Learn some ****in manners people.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
This is the most rude post I've ever read. And after all of pakman's hard work...You're lucky that I don't own those videos, because after reading this I would have deleted them just to teach people smashers a lesson. And than to mock him after he responded angrily at your thoughtless words.

Get this through your head- YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS. You made absolutely no contribution whatsoever to this tournament or the capture of these videos. Pakman has every right to do whatever he feels with HIS OWN videos.

If it were me, I'd probably make every single video I ever captured at this tournament set to private until Dantefox cried to me to put them back up. When he refused to apologize out of stubbornness (and trust me he would) I would have the entire community persecuting and harassing him for being such a **** that he would eventually crack and either apologize or leave the community. Either way thats a win win.

Learn some ****in manners people.
Ahhhhhh the irony is stifling. :laugh:

Like I said, he can do what he likes with the vids. I'm not gonna beg him. I asked once, he said he didn't feel like it, I told him how people might perceive that, he turned all self-righteous on me, I told him to calm down, he said he'd upload them when he felt like it, end of story. It's just that his attitude kinda bugs me. My grandpa used to say,"If you're going to do someone a favor, do it right, otherwise don't do it at all." If Pakman doesn't want to do the favor correctly, then he shouldn't expect much gratefulness in return. I can assure you I am grateful toward Pakman for the apparently hard work he's put in thus far. It's just that his attitude regarding the finals came off as self-righteous, hubristic , and just plain selfish. But he's going to upload them, so it's all good.

I'm sorry you feel so much hatred toward me.:( Out of all of the east coast people, you seemed like one of the most tolerable. Regardless, I feel no such feelings of enmity toward you, or any of the east coast. I humbly apologize for any offense I could have caused that might have driven you to resort to such personal attacks.

JFox

Smash Hero

Like I said, he can do what he likes with the vids. I'm not gonna beg him. I asked once, he said he didn't feel like it, I told him how people might perceive that, he turned all self-righteous on me, I told him to calm down, he said he'd upload them when he felt like it, end of story. It's just that his attitude kinda bugs me. My grandpa used to say,"If you're going to do someone a favor, do it right, otherwise don't do it at all." If Pakman doesn't want to do the favor correctly, then he shouldn't expect much gratefulness in return. I can assure you I am grateful toward Pakman for the apparently hard work he's put in thus far. It's just that his attitude regarding the finals came off as self-righteous, hubristic , and just plain selfish. But he's going to upload them, so it's all good.

I'm sorry you feel so much hatred toward me.:( Out of all of the east coast people, you seemed like one of the most tolerable. Regardless, I feel no such feelings of enmity toward you, or any of the east coast. I humbly apologize for any offense I could have caused that might have driven you to resort to such personal attacks.

It wasn't that you were wrong so much as it was about the way you said it, and how you accused him of being something he isn't.

If you knew pakman personally like I do you would have flipped out also. Pakman is one of the most self-sacrificing, intelligent, responsible and reasonable persons I've ever met. That is why I became so hostile when you accused him of not uploading the grand finals because of some stupid coast rivalry BS.

Anyways, apology accepted. No hard feelings man.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
A true player mixes up his attacks. =P But I like to spam back airs, it hurts more gahahaha!!!

Edit: Just remember that I am Ganon playing Kage lol.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer

I kind of over reacted before. I am sorry for that. You seem to be a reasonable guy.

It is hard to understand the truly terrible nature of those vids without having been there. I assure you, they are disappointing. But i guess you have a right to see them if you want. But I have a right to put them up when I want and I'd prefer to put other vids up first. I guess I am just disappointed at the lack luster grand finals of such an amazing tournament. For real, the other matches between Kage, PC, Shiz, M2K, Mango, Jman, Hax and a bunch of other people before the finals (many of which were not recorded) were so epic that the finals almost sully the otherwise perfect tournament.

Other than crews, which are now Chibo's responsibility, nothing from Kage was recorded by me. But his stuff was amazing.

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty confident Scar's setup should have Kage/PC. Other matches on that setup, off the top of my head DJ Nintendo/Mango, Scar/RockCrock.

The Hax/Raynex match was on the far left tv, which didn't have a recording setup. Unless someone magically put one there and didn't tell anyone about it. :( The only one who would possibly have that would be PB&J, or anyone else who manually recorded the match with a video/digital camera

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol May I please say that yeah DanteFox I read the past few pages of this thread and you're a huge *******, way to not know what johns are and to agree with P. **** apologizing, attack Pakman over some bull**** like that is flat out lame/rude and at this point just typical.

Wherever P is I'd love for him to know that I'm glad that he feels great when he pisses me off with his trolling skillz but I have no respect for him and wish that he (and all the other WC ******* who say **** like "someone OWES us vids", no one owes anyone **** and to think that you deserve something is bull****) would find something better to do with his free time.

Stevo

Smash Champion
A true player mixes up his attacks. =P But I like to spam back airs, it hurts more gahahaha!!!

Edit: Just remember that I am Ganon playing Kage lol.
Le Shattered Hand.

Im glad you still went all Ganon cause I remember you were starting to get annoyed with loosing to fox at CAST.

Melee wouldnt be the same without the warrior.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Le Shattered Hand.

Im glad you still went all Ganon cause I remember you were starting to get annoyed with loosing to fox at CAST.

Melee wouldnt be the same without the warrior.
We all have our hardtimes.. but it is our job to triumph over any hardships that is put against you! =P

Big_R

Smash Champion
wtf if u wanted grand finals shoula checked the live stream. they sucked tho so dont worry about it and take their word. i'd like to see anything but GF rly and pakman is doin work so get off his back

Top Bottom