• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
All characters should return as playable or as an alternate costume. Period.

If you argue with this, then you are a jerk who wants to make fanboys cry.

/crapstorm

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Pulling a MvC 2 on us? That'd solve everything, as long as new characters are still introduced.
It won't work anyways. I agree with this too, but it won't work. Haters will ruin the day.

Yes, they will, know this by experience.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
D*mn you haters! What's wrong with having every feasible VG character in Brawl?! I mean SURE it wouldn't be balanced, but there would be so many characters that it would be impossible to form a working metagame!

Also, I have MVC2...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Because he's not important. As you said, they were scrambling for any characters they could use. I don't want him gone, but he should be first in line for the cut.
Are you kidding? Falco is important to the series. Don't get me wrong, Wolf should have had Falco's Melee spot, but Falco is still important. He has the most backstory in the StarFox series, excluding Fox.

Bolded is unimportant. Shiek is a different character, and is counted as such. You're saying Shiek should stay because she's popular. I'm saying Lucario should stay because he's popular, and Ike should stay because he's popular. Plus, Ike is another FE rep.
Shiek and Zelda should remain as one character. That's how they were in OoT -- one person. Sacrificing an extra Zelda rep for the sake of a Down-B move is ridiculous.

Ike should stay. Lucario... hrm... honestly, I would like to see a second Pokemon Trainer that reps the third, fourth, and fifth gens rather than Lucario.

But, Lucario does have a lot of popularity, so there's a chance he'll stay.

I was using the characters as examples. Lucario and Ike are very unique, yet plenty of people want them gone.
It's because people prefer other characters from the series. I know that I want to see an FE mage in, but not another sword user. And hopefully I'll get that because Smash caters more to it's Japanese fanbase, where FE has huge popularity.

But, I still think Lucario might be cut. Do I like how he plays in Smash? Yeah, I play him a lot. Do I think he's one of the few tolerable fourth gen pokemon? Yeah, he's pretty cool. Do I think he should have a spot over Mewtwo? Definitely not.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
But, I still think Lucario might be cut. Do I like how he plays in Smash? Yeah, I play him a lot. Do I think he's one of the few tolerable fourth gen pokemon? Yeah, he's pretty cool. Do I think he should have a spot over Mewtwo? Definitely not.
Quoted For Truth.

He's already in, though, so just put 'em both in...

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
[sarcasm]Agreed. Afterall, Meta Knight=Very popular, while Mario=One of the least popular. Therefore, Mario has the least chance of returning.[/sarcasm]

Although you are right. Popularity in smash DOES matter.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
[sarcasm]Agreed. Afterall, Meta Knight=Very popular, while Mario=One of the least popular. Therefore, Mario has the least chance of returning.[/sarcasm]

Although you are right. Popularity in smash DOES matter.
I wasn't necessarily talking about every character, just the ones that seem to defy everyone's logic of importance to their series, yet continue to appear in Smash i.e. Jigglypuff and Sheik.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Personally, the only character I want to see gone is Snake. I would also want to see Mewtwo and Roy return, and Doc return in the form of a costume that can throw pills (and make regualar Mario play more like Doc did in Melee with the inclusion of regular's wall jump).

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Snake's not leaving because Sakurai believes the opinion of one man should stand above the opinion of thousands.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Bull. It's not "TP Link" that we see in Brawl, it's LINK. He represents all of the normal "Links" in Zelda history, only with his latest [realistic] appearance.
PH came out after TP though. ;O

Actually, Toon Link also is closer to the LoZ Link, LTTP Link, and even Young Link, than TP Link is. The only other Link that TP Link looks like is the one from OoT. Toon still represents more of the series.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Snake's not leaving because Sakurai believes the opinion of one man should stand above the opinion of thousands.
Personally, although I'm a fan of Sonic (old-school Sonic), upon retrospect, adding him to Brawl was a bad idea. People now think that any character can get in just as long as the fans make a lot of clamor about him or her on the forums. Sonic certainly deserved his spot as a guest character, however, the circumstances involving his inclusion are what I don't like about it.

If I were to place in two guest characters in Smash 4 they would be Mega Man and Simon Belmont. If there was a third, I would place in Sonic (simply because of how much he was botched in Brawl, however, Sonic fans beg to differ so maybe he doesn't have to return).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
There's nothing wrong with all the speculation about new guest characters, it's just that we can't all be right. The truth is, though, that Sonic broke open the doors, so there's no telling what'll happen now.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
If I were to place in two guest characters in Smash 4 they would be Mega Man and Simon Belmont. If there was a third, I would place in Sonic (simply because of how much he was botched in Brawl, however, Sonic fans beg to differ so maybe he doesn't have to return).
I just don't see Simon Belmont in Brawl. The idea is amazing and I would love to see him, but I just don't. Megaman I support, but I also doubt it with what Inafune said about Megaman in Brawl. Like Snake, I want to be surprised with no matter who they pick, they just adapt the character into the series well.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There's nothing wrong with all the speculation about new guest characters, it's just that we can't all be right. The truth is, though, that Sonic broke open the doors, so there's no telling what'll happen now.
Actually, Snake broke open the doors, not Sonic.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just don't see Simon Belmont in Brawl. The idea is amazing and I would love to see him, but I just don't. Megaman I support, but I also doubt it with what Inafune said about Megaman in Brawl. Like Snake, I want to be surprised with no matter who they pick, they just adapt the character into the series well.
I said if I were choosing. I don't think he has a prayer as long as Snake is in.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I said if I were choosing. I don't think he has a prayer as long as Snake is in.
More of a reason that Sega, Nintendo, and Konami need to make a separate SSB-esque game featuring a roster from each company. Simon and Snake could both be in on the Konami characters. It'd be awesome if they went through with a crossover like that, but the second coming of Jesus is more likely :/

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
*raises hand* I am. If they really wanted R.O.B. being playable to be more of a surprise, they shouldn't have put him in MKDS.
Did him making a cameo really spoil that much?

Rosalina is in MKW proves she will be in Smash 4
Along with Baby Daisy

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, one person requested that Snake get in, so it was truly "WTF?". Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Sonic was the first to get in due to overwhelming demand from fans.
Actually, Sonic wasn't added into the roster until last year. Everyone else was added in 2005.

Darkwashu, is Yuki's face in your avy from Higurashi?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
More of a reason that Sega, Nintendo, and Konami need to make a separate SSB-esque game featuring a roster from each company. Simon and Snake could both be in on the Konami characters. It'd be awesome if they went through with a crossover like that, but the second coming of Jesus is more likely :/
Dude, I totally had a dream about something like that once. It was titled Smash Bros.: Nintendo vs. The World and it was just like what you're talking about. *sigh*

Did him making a cameo really spoil that much?

Rosalina is in MKW proves she will be in Smash 4
Along with Baby Daisy
No, you're not getting it. Mr. G&W. When's the last time anyone saw him in action before Melee?

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Actually, Sonic wasn't added into the roster until last year. Everyone else was added in 2005.

Me thinks,I had to re-read teh quesiton to understand it XP

@Flyin,1991,10 year before Melee.
Still,they both are WTF characters.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Actually Wolf was also added last year. He's the only character in the game's coding to not have a planned unique victory theme.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
That could work, that Nintendo vs. Sega vs. 3rd Company idea. DreamMix TV had the exact same premise, and you know if Nintendo/Sega were at the helms, it would sell...

...ok Sega isn't what it used to be, but people bought that Sonic Mario Olympics game, so...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
That could work, that Nintendo vs. Sega vs. 3rd Company idea. DreamMix TV had the exact same premise, and you know if Nintendo/Sega were at the helms, it would sell...
That's exactly where I got the idea. Konami has done it before Dream Mix, so has Nintendo Smash Bros., and Sega isn't shy too the idea by asking for Sonic in Brawl.

It's a dream game that'd be awesome, but let's focus on the more likely crossover this thread is aimed for before we get too off track >_>

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

...ok Sega isn't what it used to be, but people bought that Sonic Mario Olympics game, so...
The sad thing is that Sonic Mario Olympics game is Sega's second highest selling game ever (and its still selling).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually Wolf was also added last year. He's the only character in the game's coding to not have a planned unique victory theme.
You may be right. I remember your theory. Despite that it's very logical, we don't know for sure if he was a last minute addition.

Speaking of unique victory themes, what if SSB4 had them. They wouldn't have to be arrangements of the original victory themes, just something suiting the character.

For example, Ness could have Smiles and Tears again, and Lucas can have the Theme of Love. Peach can have a feminine a capella of the Mario victory theme.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
You may be right. I remember your theory. Despite that it's very logical, we don't know for sure if he was a last minute addition.

Speaking of unique victory themes, what if SSB4 had them. They wouldn't have to be arrangements of the original victory themes, just something suiting the character.

For example, Ness could have Smiles and Tears again, and Lucas can have the Theme of Love. Peach can have a feminine a capella of the Mario victory theme.
Why not? We have the individual intros, so individual victory themes should be the next step, at the least.

H*ll, I'm thinking everything Sakurai wanted to do in Brawl but couldn't/didn't WILL be in SSB4. The individual victory themes, better online...Dixie Kong...what else is well-known for being cut from Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom