• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why not? We have the individual intros, so individual victory themes should be the next step, at the least.

H*ll, I'm thinking everything Sakurai wanted to do in Brawl but couldn't/didn't WILL be in SSB4. The individual victory themes, better online...Dixie Kong...what else is well-known for being cut from Brawl?
Mewtwo

nyoro~n

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Why not? We have the individual intros, so individual victory themes should be the next step, at the least.

H*ll, I'm thinking everything Sakurai wanted to do in Brawl but couldn't/didn't WILL be in SSB4. The individual victory themes, better online...Dixie Kong...what else is well-known for being cut from Brawl?
The Forbidden 7. Mewtwo and Roy in particular.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
...Someone hold me, because i'm about to react in a very n00bish way (WHY DO YOU INSULT NARUTO!?! ._.)
Because Naruto's American dub has him casted with a voice actor that cracks his voice while screaming, which evidently happens a lot.

The manga is somewhat better, but it still doesn't change the fact that Kishimoto favors Sasuke over Naruto given the fact that Sharingan can do just about anything.

Manga > Anime

Never watch a 30 minute anime made by some company that pays the creator of the manga cash to extend 20 pages of manga panels into an entire 30 minute episode. Far too many times anime companies alter or add non-canon material just to sell the material.

However, the only japanese anime ever done near perfect was the Japanese Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. Only problem was Goku's Japanese voice actor was female and continued using the same voice used since Goku was a child in Dragon Ball.

But enough about anime/manga.

The sad thing is that Sonic Mario Olympics game is Sega's second highest selling game ever (and its still selling).
What's funny is that you don't realize exactly how badly the game would sell if there WEREN'T any Mario characters in that game.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. Sega's second best selling game EVER only sold well because it had MARIO.
LOL.

-- Somewhere in an alternate universe where Sega opted to not get Mario reps in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games...

*Impersonates Ignorant Wal-Mart Consumer*
Sonic and Friends at the Olympic Games? Who the **** is Sonic?
*walks away from the glass display*

-- Current universe...

*Impersonates Ignorant Wal-Mart Consumer*
Hey, Chad! Look! It's a Mario game and it has Olympic Games minigames!
Holy ****! It's like Mario Party, but based on the Olympics! But... Who's the blue dude?
I dunno, but I hope you can play as Yoshi! He's my favorite!
*purchases game*

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
The manga is somewhat better, but it still doesn't change the fact that Kishimoto favors Sasuke over Naruto given the fact that Sharingan can do just about anything.
Eh, I think the Manga's terrible too. It's up there with Bleach and Inuyasha as one of my least favorites.

Manga > Anime

Never watch a 30 minute anime made by some company that pays the creator of the manga cash to extend 20 pages of manga panels into an entire 30 minute episode. Far too many times anime companies alter or add non-canon material just to sell the material.
I agree. However, you forget that not all anime started as manga. Cowboy Beebop was amazing, for example.

However, the only japanese anime ever done near perfect was the Japanese Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. Only problem was Goku's Japanese voice actor was female and continued using the same voice used since Goku was a child in Dragon Ball.
Dragonball Z... Manga was okay for me, but that anime was awfully stretched out. Dragon Ball was done slightly better in both formats, but I still didn't enjoy it as much as, say, One Piece (Manga), Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga), and Full Metal Alchemist (Yes, both the manga and the anime.).

But enough about anime/manga.
Yes, enough.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga),
Yes.

ChronoBound said:
Exactly. Sega's second best selling game EVER only sold well because it had MARIO.
Oh shi! Harsh.

The idea of all previous Smash characters, including the ones I hate, get in is getting better and better. With new characters and an idea of appealing to all fans of each character, it's actually a good idea. Remember when Sakurai first said they were thinking about 50 characters and we were all concerned that that was the confirmed number? Adding in all characters fills in 40, excluding Ivy, Squirtle, Charizard, Zamus, and Sheik, brining it up to 45, so that could make a real 50 roster likely. I just hope more than 5 more newcomers would be added in, as for Brawl, 15 newcomers, excluding PT's Pokemon and Zamus. What else could they pull from? I have a few ideas, but I never get popular reception outside of Geno, Ridley, and Isaac >_>

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Geno! Ridley! Isaac! Megaman!

*everybody cheers*

Yeah, we're really running out of really popular new/old Nintendo characters to choose from. We got at least 14 newcomers with each game (right?), do we have enough for another one? And even if there are some, what else could possibly warrant a new game?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

*everybody cheers*

Yeah, we're really running out of really popular new/old Nintendo characters to choose from. We got at least 14 newcomers with each game (right?), do we have enough for another one? And even if there are some, what else could possibly warrant a new game?
Who said that the character had to be popular and new/retro? What about the ones from the SNES and N64 days, the age easily most neglected in Brawl?

Here are some potential newcomers that could work.

Captain Syrup
Palutena (Provided she gains more significance in Kid Icarus Wii)
Claus
K. Rool
Ridley
Krystal
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Isaac
Sheeda
Geno
Bowser Jr.
Vaati
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Lip
Tom Nook
Kumatora (If Sakurai pulls a Wolf)
Captain Rainbow
Megaman
Crash Bandicoot (Don't flame)
Mewtwo

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I suppose you're right, KumaOso. (Do you like bears?) I was just getting a little worried that the newcomers were becoming more and more obscure. I guess I should also take into account future popular characters from future games, because hopefully some amazing stuff will happen in between now and whenever.

Who would be the frontrunner newcomers for the next game? I say Krystal and....

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
EDIT:
I suppose you're right, KumaOso. (Do you like bears?) I was just getting a little worried that the newcomers were becoming more and more obscure.
I tell you what, you just better skip my post >_>

Seeing as how Smash Bros IS a fighting game, why not add the main character from Nintendo's first fighter, not to mention the only true house-made one?
Skapon

If you've been here before '08, you probably remember hearing about this guy, or his sticker in Brawl. He's from a (sadly) Japan only fighting game called Joy Mech Fight, you can download a translated rom online if you're curious. I realize how unlikely he his, especially when the odds of other characters against him AND potential characters from unreleased games (we're assuming it's at least 5 or 6 years minimum here). He has a well-balanced moveset that could easily be implemented to the "B" button, "A" Button of Smash Bros. Here's a Youtube video of Skapon's basic moveset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Yl10zrWoc&NR=1

Or, of course, another Fire Emblem lord or Pokemon. Whichever is good, I'd just like to see Sakurai reach out from the basic franchises is all. Not to mention it'd be a big tribute to the first Nintendo fighting game. Not expecting it, but it's a start.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I suppose you're right, KumaOso. (Do you like bears?) I was just getting a little worried that the newcomers were becoming more and more obscure. I guess I should also take into account future popular characters from future games, because hopefully some amazing stuff will happen in between now and whenever.

Who would be the frontrunner newcomers for the next game? I say Krystal and....
I don't love bears or anything. It derived from Kumamon, a name I had at NSider when I was twelve. When I returned two years later, I wanted to change it to something, but that got taken and I ended up with that. I went to another forum, registered as just Kuma. Then, when I joined Youtube, I added Oso to reflect my Mexican heritage and added a 16 which was how old I was when I made the account. As for here, I just dropped the 16.

I think the four forerunners (lol pun) should be Krystal, Bowser Jr., Mewtwo, and Megaman.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
How the hell would Tom Nook work?

And if another Mother rep gets in,its either Masked Man,Paula,Pokey,kumatora or Ninten.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
KumaOso's name history: Ah, I see.

Mewtwo's not a newcomer so I don't think he'd serve well as a forerunner. After all, I don't think the outrage over his dropping from Brawl his that big a controversy outside of forums.

Bowser Jr.'s cool and all, but having him on the possible cover of the game might make it look like Mario Party or something. Maybe it's just me. I think Mega Man would look good though.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

And if another Mother rep gets in,its either Masked Man,Paula,Pokey,kumatora or Ninten.
He could use items in the AC series, such as Axe for Smash attacks, Fishing Pole for a grab/tether, etc., using leaves to summon furniture, I saw one moveset where his Forward B was taken from the Raccoon Tail in Super Mario Bros. 3 (charge up and run until you're charged, when you jump you fly/glide for a distance. Also, when you're fully charged, it'd hurt people when you run into them), and the Down B was turning into a statue for a while like the Tanuki Suit (after all, he IS a tanuki). There were actually some decent ideas in the thread, admist the flaming and picture spam wars.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
KumaOso's name history: Ah, I see.

Mewtwo's not a newcomer so I don't think he'd serve well as a forerunner. After all, I don't think the outrage over his dropping from Brawl his that big a controversy outside of forums.

Bowser Jr.'s cool and all, but having him on the possible cover of the game might make it look like Mario Party or something. Maybe it's just me. I think Mega Man would look good though.
I picked Mewtwo because I think he would have simialar reactions to Pit being revealed for the first time. I can see why he would be a bad choice on the cover, but that doesn't exclude him. Maybe Lip or Takamaru would be a better replacement.

Well, for starters, they can give him the fishing rod as both tether and diagonal recovery (think Wolf's side B in terms of direction), furniture leaves, a net, and a shovel. Then, they can base his moveset off of Tanuki folklore (minus "certain" things).

As for the next possible rep, I agree. I only put Claus and Kumatora down on the list because I was just listing possible candidates, not necessarily that all of them should get in.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Anime made Pikachu famous,even You have to admit it.
Other way around. Pikachu was the main pokemon becuase he was the most popular.
[/QUOTE]

*everybody cheers*

A few things though
1)Those aren't all the popular characters. Krystal, King K. Rool as well as some of the second teir like Midna, Black Shadow and Bowser Jr.
2)More characters will appear come SSB4. It's hard to tell now becuase it's the post Brawl period, so no one is popular yet
3)6 characters in Brawl appeared after Melee. There will probably be a good number form newer games.

Actually Wolf was also added last year. He's the only character in the game's coding to not have a planned unique victory theme.
No, he wasn't. Sakurai said that the entire roster was done in 2005 (I beleive 2006 though for other reasons). He only said Sonic was added later.

All the msuci tracks tell us is A)Mewtwo and Roy were planned to be in the game and B)That Sakurai wanted to give each character unique victory themes. Nothing can be said beyond that. The idea could have been stopped early on. We have no more evidence to draw on.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
I picked Mewtwo because I think he would have simialar reactions to Pit being revealed for the first time. I can see why he would be a bad choice on the cover, but that doesn't exclude him. Maybe Lip or Takamaru would be a better replacement.

Well, for starters, they can give him the fishing rod as both tether and diagonal recovery (think Wolf's side B in terms of direction), furniture leaves, a net, and a shovel. Then, they can base his moveset off of Tanuki folklore (minus "certain" things).

As for the next possible rep, I agree. I only put Claus and Kumatora down on the list because I was just listing possible candidates, not necessarily that all of them should get in.
He could use items in the AC series, such as Axe for Smash attacks, Fishing Pole for a grab/tether, etc., using leaves to summon furniture, I saw one moveset where his Forward B was taken from the Raccoon Tail in Super Mario Bros. 3 (charge up and run until you're charged, when you jump you fly/glide for a distance. Also, when you're fully charged, it'd hurt people when you run into them), and the Down B was turning into a statue for a while like the Tanuki Suit (after all, he IS a tanuki). There were actually some decent ideas in the thread, admist the flaming and picture spam wars.
Sounds interesting,to say teh least.

Also,Kuma,those are all the possible EB reps,I really cant see a main character without Psi getting in Smash(Save Pokey,since hes a villain)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
To SmashChu:
You take everything Sakurai says as gospel. Remember in February he said there were no more characters he wanted to put in Brawl, whereas in an interview back in July, Sakurai said that he wanted to place in more characters but couldn't due to time constraints.

There are over inferences that Wolf was among the last two characters added (the other being Sonic), such as him always being the last Nintendo character listed in the final game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also,Kuma,those are all the possible EB reps,I really cant see a main character without Psi getting in Smash(Save Pokey,since hes a villain)
Well, I think Duster would be neat, but The Masked man/Claus and Kumatora have better chances than him. Still, I think Porky would be tough to work with. Instead of being too big, he's too wide. Although, if they can work around that, I'll be ok with it.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Well, I think Duster would be neat, but The Masked man/Claus and Kumatora have better chances than him. Still, I think Porky would be tough to work with. Instead of being too big, he's too wide. Although, if they can work around that, I'll be ok with it.
Bowsers wide..<_<

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Personally, although I am a huge fan of the series (points to username), I don't think Mother needs as many characters as it has games and it shouldn't get as many characters as it has games.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Personally, although I am a huge fan of the series (points to username), I don't think Mother needs as many characters as it has games and it shouldn't get as many characters as it has games.
The more the merrier...
I can imagine having 50 characters in the next smash,so im sure they could add 1-2

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The more the merrier...
I can imagine having 50 characters in the next smash,so im sure they could add 1-2
I mention in my project that if the next Nintendo console has a massive leap in power over the Wii, the highest number of slots that we can probably hope for is 50. In all actuality, it will probably be around 45. There are series in much more need of another playable character (Metroid, Donkey Kong, F-Zero) than Mother. Mother is near the bottom in terms of priority for another newcomer.

Itoi has ended the series, and unless he changes his mind (or let's someone else do it, however, it wouldn't be the same without him writing and directing), the series will be dead. Its wonderfully represented for a series that has had two of its three games be Japan-only.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
I mention in my project that if the next Nintendo console has a massive leap in power over the Wii, the highest number of slots that we can probably hope for is 50. In all actuality, it will probably be around 45. There are series in much more need of another playable character (Metroid, Donkey Kong, F-Zero) than Mother. Mother is near the bottom in terms of priority for another newcomer.

Itoi has ended the series, and unless he changes his mind (or let's someone else do it, however, it wouldn't be the same without him writing and directing), the series will be dead. Its wonderfully represented for a series that has had two of its three games be Japan-only.
My parade does NOT enjoy being rained on.:ohwell:
Earthbound was revolutionary series atleast,first RPG in modern times~

Samurai Goroh for F-Zero
Dixie Kong for DK
Ridley for Metroid.
DUN

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Sakurai on Assist Trophies said:
Assist Trophies allow you to enjoy even more characters who couldn’t quite make it as playable fighters. You may even see some that only the most dedicated fans will recognize, so you’ll have to look forward to them.
I doubt any character that was an Assist Trophy in Brawl will make a playable character in SSB4. Bosses, too.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I doubt any character that was an Assist Trophy in Brawl will make a playable character in SSB4. Bosses, too.
Some Assist Trophies should definitely be made playable such as Little Mac, Ray, and Stafy. Other such as Isaac and Tingle really depend upon whether their series get more games (yes, Tingle is now a part of his own series). Everyone else should stay as an Assist Trophy, or be dropped.

As for bosses, the only boss that needs to make the jump to playable is Ridley.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Here's my take on the direction that Smash Bros. is headed in. There are the characters who obviously need in:
  • King K. Rool
  • New Metroid rep
  • New Pokemon rep
  • New Star Fox rep (Leon or Krystal)
  • New F-Zero rep (Perhaps a new F-Zero will debut with a new headlining character, aside from Falcon, similar to that one guy from the TV series)
  • Golden Sun rep (Isaac or new character, depending on whether or not the series is revived)
  • New Retro rep (Sukapon, Little Mac, Balloon Fighter, etc)
That's it. Those are all that are actually needed - seven more characters. All others, and please realize this, are forced. All of the other ideas that we've come up with are forced characters. SSB64 started to build the cake, and Brawl finished it. The aforementioned seven characters (notice none are the "forbidden seven") will be the finishing icing and cherry on top. Then, we're done. Everything else would be forced, just adding for the sake of expansion, not for balance. Nintendo is represented by a handful of characters, not by all of its characters.

Trust me, I would love to see a meteor of diversity crash into Smash Bros and change it up so that we have many different characters, and for the most part, we do, but characters like Lip, Sukapon, Takamaru, Claus, Roy, and many others simply do not represent Nintendo like the staples do. It's sad, yes, because so many characters never saw too much light, and odds are, probably never will in their current state. Fortunately, games like Captain Rainbow and Super Smash Bros have brought less known characters into the spotlight for all to enjoy. However... this does not seem to be the direction that Smash Bros is headed in, unfortunately.

If a game didn't do well back in the day, why would resurfacing it help at all? Ice Climbers re-debuted in Melee seven years ago, and have had a long time to be revived under their own name in the video game world. But they haven't. Why? Because Nintendo knows that it wouldn't sell as well as games like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and Pokemon. F-Zero is even dying out, and Nintendo doesn't look like they're doing anything about it, let alone care at all. F-Zero had a rep in the very first Smash Bros, because it was so much larger back then. Nintendo knows that they should focus their time on series like Zelda and Mario because they know that they'll make the most money off of it. They have many departments at EAD, but only Zelda, Mario, and Pikmin are being developed (as far as we know).

Look, the point is, despite Nintendo not directly developing Smash Bros, they have the ultimate authority over its course and growth. They will approve and reject characters that they want in and want out, because they know which ones will garner the crowds; which ones will rake in the money. If I were to direct the next Smash Bros, I would do things very differently. I feel that 3rd party characters (those that are mostly, if not completely exclusive to Nintendo consoles) should be given a chance. I'll list some examples of characters who could do well with at least Assist Trophy appearances:
  • Pax, the mushroom hero of the upcoming Mushroom Men (exclusive to Wii and DS)
  • Toku, the wind-swept hero of Lost Winds (exclusive to Wii)
  • Crystal Caravan, a four-in-one character representing Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (exclusive to GCN, Wii, and DS)
  • De Blob, of the upcoming game of the same name
  • Rayman, of the Wii/DS's Raving Rabbids fame
  • Jack, of the upcoming Madworld
  • Amaterasu, of Okami
and due to continuation on the Wii, despite being cross-platform...
  • Spyro
  • Crash Bandicoot
(I'd personally love to see the return of Klaymen, of Neverhood/Skullmonkeys fame, Rocket, Robot on Wheels, and Glitch from Metal Arms).

Super Smash Bros. began on the Nintendo 64, as a game to bring together Nintendo's All-stars to duke it out in a fashion never before seen, and it did just that. It was succeeded by Super Smash Bros. Melee, which took the concept that Smash Bros was based on, and expanded in, with new representatives, further rounding out the structure. Seven years later, Super Smash Bros. Brawl was released, and while expanding the roster even more, it broke the barrier of being a "Nintendo All-Stars" game with the introduction of Snake and Sonic. Now, just mere months after Brawl's release, we're already worrying and speculating on the future of the series. Why? Because Brawl did something that we are all fascinated by, whether or not we like it - the introduction of third party characters. While there were only two, pretty much everyone wanted/wants to see more.

Super Smash Bros. has run its course of being a Nintendo All-Stars game, and has now become a Nintendo and relative companies All-Stars game, where characters before thought to have no choice whatsoever of inclusion now have a chance to face off against the Nintendo characters that we love (and hate). Smash Bros. needs to branch off further into the second/third party world, bringing in characters relative to Nintendo's systems to further upheave their popularity, and hence, garner new fans and more money. It'd benefit Nintendo and its guest companies greatly, and would benefit the fans by opening up Smash Bros. to the video game world, expanding the audience, and making a kickass game.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
To Spire's paragraphs detailing his thoughts on what Smash 4 should be:

Hell no to all those third-party characters. Smash is about Nintendo history: past and present.

Also, Star Fox is another series that is bottom in terms of priority for a newcomer.

This line of thinking is one of the reasons why I started doing my Smash 4 project.

Smash Bros. can survive for two more installments as a series dedicated to Nintendo all-stars.

Ilex

Smash Ace
Imo the Wars franchise is more deserving than Golden Sun, although I wouldn't mind seeing a rep from GS. It's just that Wars has lasted longer, had 12 games (As opposed to GS' 2) and as far as I know is more popular (specifically advance wars). Not that I have anything against Golden Sun, I just love Advance Wars and believe it is more deserving. Maybe be Andy could make it in as an AW rep?

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
Smash Bros. can survive for two more installments as a series dedicated to Nintendo all-stars.
Too late. It's been tainted by Sonic and Snake's presence. Also, read carefully. He suggested they appear as ASSIST TROPHIES. IE: Not actual characters.

The 3rd party characters he's suggested would pay particularly good homage to Nintendo faithful series lately.

Imo the Wars franchise is more deserving than Golden Sun, although I wouldn't mind seeing a rep from GS. It's just that Wars has lasted longer, had 12 games (As opposed to GS' 2) and as far as I know is more popular (specifically advance wars). Not that I have anything against Golden Sun, I just love Advance Wars and believe it is more deserving. Maybe be Andy could make it in as an AW rep?
Hardly. Advance Wars is made by Intelligent Systems, the same company that makes Fire Emblem. If Fire Emblem isn't THAT popular, then by no means is Advance Wars either.

In fact, I think their best selling game was the recent one that was released on DS. Perhaps they can have a single Advance Wars and Golden Sun rep. Isaac and an Advance Wars commander to advertise the new Advance Wars that'll release shortly after or prior to SSB4's release.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Metroid Representative:
I really can't see Metroid getting any other worthy representatives unless unless future installments are released before SSB4 is released. I had thought a Dark Samus would make it since Bowser was announced to be the "heaviest and biggest" of the fighters, killing Ridley's chances in my opinion. That didn't materialize. After seeing Ridley as a boss in SSE, Sakurai made Ridley enormous, branding him to never be playable (in my opinion) unless he had an epiphany and decided to re-size him just because.

King K. Rool
I think he has potential. He has enough different personas to chose abilities from and different designs to chose from. His "Golden Belly" is really shiny, I could assume they could use that design as a Auto-Reflector similar to Link's Hylian shield, but reflects 'energy-based' projectiles like Samus' charge shots and Fox's Blaster, but only if hit on the belly.

His brute strength and speed can be a factor along with other known tactic he's used throughout the series like using a musket, throwing his crown like a boomerang, and summoning different types of cannonballs, and summoning his minions.

StarFox Representative:
Not that I am a major fan of the series. I've only played StarFox Adventures and casually played the SNES, DS, and 64 games sparsely, but I think Smash Bros. is in need of some more female characters, and Krystal seems like a worthy candidate, Dixie Komg being another. Though someone mentioned earlier that she would be a clone of Fox, I would hope they would use moves that derive from Dinosaur Planet with the staff despite the game would be very outdated.

Golden Sun:
Loved the series. Characters have lots of abilities to chose from. I wished Issac would have made it. His "crawl" could have turned him into sand, and he could have the smallest frames during his crawl animations, while being able to wield magic like Ragnarok to using elements, especially earth type. By then, he would probably be considered 'retro', even though I consider retro to be titles on NES. With better hardware and his appearance as an assist trophy, there shouldn't be an excuse for him not to be in there.

Probably edit within the next few minutes to add more ideas if nobody else posts soon-- but I still want to get my point around my idea of air-grabbing.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
theres still the idea of a Tales of Rep(Cless or Lloyd or even Genis or Klarth)it does have a really large fanbase from Phantasia,Symphonia, and Hearts(and the others i cant really think of)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Some Assist Trophies should definitely be made playable such as Little Mac, Ray, and Stafy. Other such as Isaac and Tingle really depend upon whether their series get more games (yes, Tingle is now a part of his own series). Everyone else should stay as an Assist Trophy, or be dropped.
I'd add Isaac, he's really Nintendo's own non-strategy, non-Mario RPG. That's a pretty big genre to live up to, and Golden Sun does it well. Well received by critics and gamers alike never hurts, either. Other than that, I supported Little Mac (a 100% based melee fighter who uses a real world fighting style with only charges or gimmicks to the special moves is an interesting addition, although you could say Solid Snake's close quarter combat training fits that), Ray (I never played Custom Robo, but he looks more than capable and cool enough to get a spot), and Stafy (if you've played his games, you'd find them the most addicting and best on the DS and GBA).

As for bosses, the only boss that needs to make the jump to playable is Ridley.
Agreed.

Well, Wars has been around since the NES in Japan, so of course it's been around longer. Wars would be amazing adapted into a fighting game (if you couldn't tell, I love to see imagination around characters that "couldn't fit" or "aren't fighters." Some work out better than others, I'll give you haters that). Andy or another Orange Star CO is likely, although I'd like to see my personal favorite CO from Blue Moon, Olaf, in the game (now THAT is just not going to happen >_>).

darkserenade

Smash Ace
theres still the idea of a Tales of Rep(Cless or Lloyd or even Genis or Klarth)it does have a really large fanbase from Phantasia,Symphonia, and Hearts(and the others i cant really think of)
I agree, but the chances of Tales next time are small, since Megaman fanboys will break Mr. Sakurai's door down begging for him. Lloyd would probably be better than Cless and Genis, but what about Emil and Marta?

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I still think Midna deserves/ed a spot. She was the most helpful sidekick Link ever had, and the whole game basically revolved around her, henceforth the Twilight Princess sub-title. She had a lot of potential in my opinion. Now that I think about it, her crawl could have her turn into a shadow and move around on the floor avoiding any typical straight forward projectiles shot at her, recovery been a twilight warp hole that teleports her in the center of the stage. A very nice recovery to make up for her proposed real light weight and weak physical attacks. Using her hairy third-hand to grab opponents, and some magical properties. She'd also hoover off the ground so she wouldn't set off Snake's D-Smash mines. That's why I got sort of disappointed when I found out Toon Link was the last Zelda representative, where we could have someone a lot more original than a semi-clone of a character already present.

I mean, at least with Toon Link, he could have been much more different by using Bombchus, Deku Leaves (as a glide as well) and Grapple Hook that extended farther out than Link's Hookshot, but no.

I like you Spire III.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom