• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Ummmm, all the clones are different in AT LEAST one way, not just Roy and Marth. Dr. Mario has a better chance IMO than Roy does of ever making it back in. Stop isolating just one clone, and pay attention to all of them. sheesh.

But I do like your idea of Bowser's Castle w/magma for a stage; that'd be tight.
And as for the sonic part...Super Sonic = cheap win.
WereSonic = fair win, because at-least you won't be flying around the screen for like 30 seconds
I don't why characters even need to be cut unless there really isn't enough space in the next game. Besides Pichu the obvious joke character and Young Link who has been changed to Toon Link, just bring back Roy, Dr. Mario and Mewtwo in conjunction with whoever else they want to bring into the roster.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Snake's first game was on the NES, even if most of the sequels weren't. Besides, Kojima and Sakurai are good buddies. I doubt Snake will ever return considering MGS4 was the last Metal Gear game featuring Snake.
I don't mean to come off being a jerk but Final Fantasy was first released on the NES, but I can vouch that Sakurai and Nomura aren't the best of friends like Kojima and him, but like Inafune said that he didn't get a call from Sakurai for Megaman's inclusion, it's up to Nintendo to make more of an effort if we want more third-party characters.

And Nintendo's roster is growing thin. If they don't branch out to solid third-party characters, we're going to get dead weight from Nintendo's past that would seem irrelevant to the Smash series.

I mean, characters like Lip, Krystal, K. Rool, Dixie, Issac, Captain Rainbow, RayMKII, and on seem dandy, but that's a small list of newcomers. And I'd sure in hell wouldn't want to play as Daisy, Waluigi, Bowser Jr. Stafy, Mike Jones, Eggplant Wizard. Time to out-source to third-parties.

But I don't see why Snake would have to be cut just because there can't be any 'sequels' of Solid Snake returning. He's a legend, and top-tier. ^^ This is wishful thinking on my behalf, but we probably could get a prequel to see what exactly happened in Outer Heaven, since a handful of fans jumped into the series during the Metal Gear Solid era and not Metal Gear.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
But I don't see why Snake would have to be cut just because there can't be any 'sequels' of Solid Snake returning. He's a legend, and top-tier. ^^ This is wishful thinking on my behalf, but we probably could get a prequel to see what exactly happened in Outer Heaven, since a handful of fans jumped into the series during the Metal Gear Solid era and not Metal Gear.
Just because he's top tier doesn't make him viable for returning. Dr. Mario is above Mario in the Melee tier list, yet he was cut.

As for the prequel to MGS - no. Kojima himself stated that if Konami would intend to make another Metal Gear, it would be without Solid Snake.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Just because he's top tier doesn't make him viable for returning. Dr. Mario is above Mario in the Melee tier list, yet he was cut.

As for the prequel to MGS - no. Kojima himself stated that if Konami would intend to make another Metal Gear, it would be without Solid Snake.
But Dr. Mario is a clone of the same person with pills and a white overcoat.

On Konami and MGS issues-- they did state Snake would retire, but they didn't state how. For all we know, Snake may take up Big Boss' stead as he did with The Boss and still be in the series, just not the protagonist. It can't be imagine there being a Metal Gear without mentioning some of the past events.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
On Konami and MGS issues-- they did state Snake would retire, but they didn't state how. For all we know, Snake may take up Big Boss' stead as he did with The Boss and still be in the series, just not the protagonist. It can't be imagine there being a Metal Gear without mentioning some of the past events.
I believe Kojima said that MGS4 would be just the last game to have Snake as the star. So he COULD show up again in a lesser role... but the problem is that after MGS4 he's only got three months to live.

But either way, I highly doubt he'll be cut, he's a popular character in Smash Bros and Nintendo would be fooloish to not keep around the sales from Metal Gear fans who bought this game becuase of him.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Meh. I never was much of a fan of Metal Gear, to begin with, but would DIE to see Castlevania taking MG's place as Konami representation. Also considering that Castlevania is a bigger franchise and always was more Nintendo-related than Metal Gear.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
What if Samus actually had the Ice Beam instead of that ******** Charge Beam she has in Brawl that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING RELATED TO THE TRUE FUNCTIONS OF HER ARM CANNON.

And it would kill @ 60% instead of 150% T_T

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
I doubt Ike's ever going to be featured in another FE game, but I'd be lying if I told you that I think he won't return in another Smash Bros game.
Yeah, Ike's story was finished in FE10. Same case goes for Marth, his story lasted through FE1 a and FE3. Yet Marth is here.

Marth and Ike should return for their original movesets and popularity. Marth is the most popular FE lord in Japan, and I believe Ike is the most popular in the US (or at least tied with or barely higher than Hector).

For the FE series, I really think Lyn should be playable. She's the first FE lord in the US and the first female lord. =\ Seeing her as an assist was like wasted potential, she would also add to the female roster.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
For the FE series, I really think Lyn should be playable. Seeing her as an assist was like wasted potential, she would also add to the female roster.
I wouldn't mind Lyn but with every new FE game her chances sink lower and lower. I was content with her being an AT, since I don't think FE was quite ready for 3 reps yet, though if its popularity remains good until SSB4 is announced then I'll okay with it.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
You know I have been thinking. Let me take Mewtwo for example.

Mewtwo can be a hidden Character to fight. (You can only fight them, there not playable)

Also Shadow the Hedgehog as well. They can be ones you fight

(They are not playable and they can only be fought. Alse if you defeat one of them. You will earn 1,000,000 Smash Coins.)

P.S.: I got that idea from the 1st Mortal Kombat game where you could only fight Reptile and he wasn't playabe)

Anyone like that idea.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob

Mewtwo can be a hidden Character to fight. (You can only fight them, there not playable)

(They are not playable and they can only be fought. Alse if you defeat one of them. You will earn 1,000,000 Smash Coins.)

P.S.: I got that idea from the 1st Mortal Kombat game where you could only fight Reptile and he wasn't playabe)

Anyone like that idea.
Why make a character just to fight him. Reptile was basically a palette swap, so i see what you mean by Shadow, but Mewtwo is a unique character.
Doing that would be a mistake, and may put people off the series, especially if the game got delayed so that hidden characters you can't play as could be put in.
This would also increase the amount of hacks enormously.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion

Anyone like that idea.

That's pretty much what Giga Bowser was in melee.

Nick The Potato

Smash Apprentice
Why make a character just to fight him. Reptile was basically a palette swap, so i see what you mean by Shadow, but Mewtwo is a unique character.
Doing that would be a mistake, and may put people off the series, especially if the game got delayed so that hidden characters you can't play as could be put in.
This would also increase the amount of hacks enormously.

Very much Agreed.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
she would also add to the female roster.
Which is something that is lacking big time.

Here's a list of some of the girls from various Nintendo games that aren't in the series yet, but are at least somewhat viable.

Diasy - Alt. for Peach
Rosalina - Alt. for Peach
Dixie Kong
Tiny Kong
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Krystal
Girl Pokemon Trainer - Alt. for Pokemon Trainer
Jody Summer
Lip
Captain Syrup
Mona
Ashley
Palutena
Paula - Alt. for Ness
Kumatora - Alt. for Lucas
Micaiah
Lyn
Airan - Alt. for Saki

All these girls could easily be in, but they were rejected.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Though, to go off on a completely different tangent, Smash Balls should be turned into a toggleable FS Meter that builds up by dealing and taking damage, landing combos, etc. And instead of just pressing B to use it, assign it to a different button so that people can still use their nB after acquiring their FS.

Tripping needs to be out; slipping is fine though.

Not sure on airdodging.

Tilt specials would be nice.

Sufficient hitstun/shieldstun has to come back.

And other stuff >_>

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Which is something that is lacking big time.

Here's a list of some of the girls from various Nintendo games that aren't in the series yet, but are at least somewhat viable.

Diasy - Alt. for Peach
Rosalina - Alt. for Peach
Dixie Kong
Tiny Kong
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Krystal
Girl Pokemon Trainer - Alt. for Pokemon Trainer
Jody Summer
Lip
Captain Syrup
Mona
Ashley
Palutena
Paula - Alt. for Ness
Kumatora - Alt. for Lucas
Micaiah
Lyn
Airan - Alt. for Saki

All these girls could easily be in, but they were rejected.
Daisy - Already an alt for Peach. If you meant a full-fledged model swap I suppose that would work.

Rosalina - Maybe

Dixie - K.Rool has priority, then if DK ever gets a fourth rep Dixie's next

Tiny - I don't think she has much of chance, honestly

Toon Zelda/Tetra - Do we really need 2 Zelda characters that are just alt versions of already existing ones?

Krystal - Only if Falco/Wolf get cut or Star Fox gets some sort of revival justifying 4 reps. Otherwise she's fine.

Girl Pokemon Trainer - As long as it's only an alt, fine. I don't pokemon having 9 reps (counting trainer's pokemon seperatly)

Jody Summer - I'd say Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow have priority, but she's definitley high the list for F-Zero

Lip - Don't know enough to have an informed opinion

Captain Syrup - I'd love to see her in, though her obscurity might harm her chances. I'll wait to see if her appearence in Shake It marked a revival of the character

Mona - Not really important

Ashley - Not really important

Palutena - too obscure

Puala and Kumatora - maybe

Michiah - Unless she appears in the newest FE games, I don't think she has a chance

Lyn - See Michiah

Airan - If you mean Saki from Sin & Punishment, wouldn't Saki have to get int first? Though I suppose Airan might be able to get in on her own.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
What if Samus actually had the Ice Beam instead of that ******** Charge Beam she has in Brawl that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING RELATED TO THE TRUE FUNCTIONS OF HER ARM CANNON.

And it would kill @ 60% instead of 150% T_T
It would change her gameplay a lot and people would have a sense of disdain for her. How about making her more to her contemporary persona and grant her Ice Missiles and the ability to spam missiles faster and rename it Hyper Missiles. The faster they come out the less damage, but same knockback.

All these alternates don't seem too hot. They just make the root character seem less important than others. A color swap as a token of who they represent seems enough as it already does.

In terms of contributing new ideas to the next installment I previously mentioned Z-Airs for everyone. Examples--
  • Mario- Raccoon Tail (SM3): Taping the Z button makes him fall slower.
  • Luigi- Poultergust3000 (Luigi's Mansion): Tether, grab, and Luigicide enabling.
  • Bowser- Fireball (SM): Spits out fireball that mimic's Ness' PK Fire in a straight path.
  • Peach- Kiss (Original): Blows a kiss that stuns opponents in a straight path.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Daisy - Already an alt for Peach. If you meant a full-fledged model swap I suppose that would work.
Yes, I mean a flat out model swap. The same applies for all other characters that were considered for alts.
Rosalina - Maybe

Dixie - K.Rool has priority, then if DK ever gets a fourth rep Dixie's next

Tiny - I don't think she has much of chance, honestly

Toon Zelda/Tetra - Do we really need 2 Zelda characters that are just alt versions of already existing ones?
You're right, but I'm just throwing in suggestions.

Krystal - Only if Falco/Wolf get cut or Star Fox gets some sort of revival justifying 4 reps. Otherwise she's fine.

Girl Pokemon Trainer - As long as it's only an alt, fine. I don't pokemon having 9 reps (counting trainer's pokemon seperatly)
What would you say to including all the other trainers as well?

Jody Summer - I'd say Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow have priority, but she's definitley high the list for F-Zero

Lip - Don't know enough to have an informed opinion

Captain Syrup - I'd love to see her in, though her obscurity might harm her chances. I'll wait to see if her appearence in Shake It marked a revival of the character
I think that might be hard to determine. Wario Land games aren't that common.

Mona - Not really important

Ashley - Not really important

Palutena - too obscure
If Kid Icarus Wii gives her a significant role, I think she stands a chance.
Puala and Kumatora - maybe

Michiah - Unless she appears in the newest FE games, I don't think she has a chance

Lyn - See Michiah

Airan - If you mean Saki from Sin & Punishment, wouldn't Saki have to get int first? Though I suppose Airan might be able to get in on her own.
I know Saki would have to get in first. This is just mentioned in the event that it actually happens.
Yeah as a Assist Trophy or Alternate Costume for Yoshi.
Alt. costume wouldn't work since Birdo doesn't have a tongue.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
For Birdos B move she could vacuum her opponents with her nose, but can't move around with it. But it does KB based on damage. And does more damage then kirbies/DDD's

Can Birdo vacuum people in the first place? This is just a random suggestion.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion

BRAIN BOMBER

Game of origin: Super Bomberman 2

Brain Bomber was the leader of a group of evil bombermen known as the 5 Dastardly Bombers. His specialty in the group was his extreme intelligence, which he demonstrated by sticking to using remote controlled bombs throughout the fight. In Bomberman Tournament, all of the other Dastardly Bombers transformed to engage Bomberman in combat, but Brain Bomber decided to instead brainwash Max (Bomberman’s best friend), and use traps and lightning magic to deal with our hero in the most difficult boss battle of all time. He also has levitation powers, apparently.

STATS

ANIMATIONS

Idle: Brain Bomber calmly stands in place, with his cape nearly completely covering his entire body like some big evil blanket of badassery. For the record, he looks like an ordinary purple Bomberman underneath with gold bracelets.

Walk: Brain Bomber confidently walks forwards, still enveloped in his cape

Dash: Now Brain Bomber doesn’t care much for appearance as he sprints forwards with his arms held back like Sonic the Hedgehog and his cape flowing back against the air, exposing his body.

Crouch: Brain Bomber gets down on his knees, and yep, you can’t really tell due to his freakin’ cape.

Jump: Brain Bomber hops up…and he manages to keep himself wrapped up in his cape while doing so. Son of a-

Midair Jump: Brain Bomber simply begins to levitate in place. He can move forwards and backwards with the control stick like with Peach’s midair jump. Brain Bomber can float for up to 2 seconds and he can perform attacks while floating.

MOVE SET​

STANDARD ATTACKS

Standard A [Hasty Drop]
Brain Bomber holds out one arm to his side as a metal sphere the size of a pokeball falls out from the inside of his cape. It just keeps falling at a decent speed until it hits the ground (which usually won’t take more than a moment since you’re already standing on the ground), and then it rolls forwards as far as Kirby’s foot. Oh look, what a pitiful bomb. It’s so light that it can even be smacked around like a soccer ball by anybody who chooses to, though it won’t deal any damage to people it flies into. After 10 seconds pass, the bomb will explode in a burst 3x the size of the bomb itself, and it deals 11% with above average knockback to anybody caught in it, including Brain Bomber. There is virtually no startup lag with below average end lag to deploying the bomb, and Brain Bomber can have as many as he wishes on the screen at a time.

Forward Tilt [Bomb Punch]
Brain Bomber thrusts forwards one hand while clutching a thin box-shaped bomb in it. There is low startup lag to this, and the thrust has below average priority with the only hitbox being Brain Bomber’s hand. What happens next depends on if he hits an enemy with the arm thrust or not. If Brain Bomber misses with the arm thrust, he will look both ways before throwing the bomb into the background, where it simply disappears and then Brain Bomber returns to his basic position. This does nothing of benefit and simply gives the move high end lag, making him Ike FSmash fodder.

If he hits an enemy, they will take set average knockback as the bomb Brain Bomber was holding sticks to them, and then Brain Bomber gives a thumbs-up with the now-free hand before returning to his basic stance for average end lag. The bomb will stick on the enemy until they lose a stock or Brain Bomber inputs for this move again. He will reach press a button on one of his bracelets which detonates the bomb, dealing 12% and above average knockback with an explosion too small to harm anyone but the victim of the bomb. The explosion can be shielded and dodged if the enemy has good timing, but the detonation animation only takes about .4 seconds, and Brain Bomber is able to do it while keeping his arms concealed within his cape, making it difficult to see him do it without a careful eye. Once Brain Bomber detonates the bomb, the attack returns to the initial arm thrust.

Down Tilt [Missile Beacon]
Brain Bomber shuffles his cape around as he places something on the ground. This takes .6 seconds with low end lag afterwards. When the animation is over, we can hear a beeping sound, and when Brain Bomber moves away from the spot, we can see a small beacon with a little red blinking light, blinking in sync with the beeping. 7 seconds after the beacon was planted, a missile the size of a shot from Wolf’s Blaster will shoot down from the top of the screen at a high speed, at the same horizontal position as the beacon. The missile will plummet until it hits something, at which point it will explode dealing 10% and above average knockback as the beacon vanishes. Brain Bomber himself can be harmed by the missile. Brain Bomber can setup as many of these beacons as he likes.

Up Tilt [False Appraisal]
Brain Bomber pulls out a bomb with one hand and eyes it for a moment before nonchalantly tossing it behind himself, apparently feeling that it was defected or something similar. The bomb falls in a low arc over Brain Bomber’s head, going a small distance higher than his head and landing Kirby’s width behind him. If the bomb hits anyone on the way, they will take 7% and below average knockback as the disjointed bomb continues on its path. When the bomb does hit the ground, or is in the spot in the air where it would have hit the ground at an even spot with Brain Bomber’s feet, it will suddenly explode in an explosion the size of a party ball that deals 16% and good knockback. Brain Bomber cringes when the bomb explodes out of shock that the thing actually worked after all. The animations at the start and end of this move gives the attack above average lad on both ends, and if the bomb happens to hit a wall just behind Brain Bomber, he can in fact damage himself, so be careful.

Dash Attack [Dramatic Turnaround]
Brain Bomber will quickly stop his dash while pivoting 180 degrees on his heel. From turning so fast his cape ends up swishing out behind him a high speed, and his cape is in fact the hitbox of the move! It is disjointed and deals 9% with average knockback, and considering its size the move has great range as well. There is low startup lag as Brain Bomber turns around very quickly, but there is above average end lag as the cape falls back to its regular position, making this move highly punishable. As you may expect, Brain Bomber ends the move facing the opposite direction.

SMASH ATTACKS

Forward Smash [Sticky Drone]
Brain Bomber holds out one side of his cape as a little orb the size of a pokeball floats out from the inside of his cape. It has a little “eye” that is a glowing red spot on its surface. There is average startup and end lag to summon a drone. The drone will slowly seek out the closest enemy, moving freely through the air. It lasts for 6-14 seconds depending on charge time before exploding into a burst 2x its size that deals 16% and good knockback, and the explosion can damage Brain Bomber if he is caught in it. When the drone makes contact with an enemy, it will stick to their body and stay there until it detonates, but if the enemy rolls, the drone will be dislodged and deactivated. The drone also is deactivated if hit with an attack of decent priority. It is possible to have a drone and the bomb from the FTilt on the same person. Brain Bomber can have 1 drone in play at a time. If he tries this move with a drone in play, he will instead perform his side taunt.

Down Smash [Flash Bang]
Brain Bomber quickly pulls out a small white-colored bomb and slams it into the ground at his feet. This creates a bright flash of light that briefly turns the entire screen into a solid white color for 1 second, during which time absolutely nothing can be seen on the screen. Sound effects are still audible though. Charging the move does nothing but delay slamming the bomb into the ground. There is below average startup lag and Brain Bomber cannot move again until the screen returns to normal.

Up Smash [Algorithmic Doom]
Brain Bombers rubs his chin as he appears deep in thought. He then points forwards while reciting an equation, and the equation appears over his head. The letters and symbols in the equation are as large as Mario, and the whole thing is centered over Brain Bomber. The equation is a disjointed hitbox. There is average lag on both ends (Brain Bomber cannot move until he recites the entire equation), and the equation only deals damage as it appears, but it deals a great 16%. The knockback depends on how long you charge, which will also result in a different equation being displayed (which in turn changes the hitbox of the move), as follows:

No charge: 2+2=4 (low knockback)

25% charge: C=D*Pi (Average knockback)

50% charge: F=MA (Above average knockback)

75% charge: E=MC2 (Good knockback)

100% charge: x/0 (Insane knockback, but Brain Bomber also takes 12% and good knockback)

AERIAL ATTACKS

Neutral Aerial [Bat Wings]
Brain Bomber will thrust out his arms to his sides while holding onto his cape, looking much like a bat spreading its wings. The cape is a disjointed hitbox that covers a great area to the sides of Brain Bomber (it extends noticeably further than his arms can reach, lol), dealing 4% and low knockback. There is low startup and end lag to the move, and if you spam it, Brain Bomber actually looks like he’s “flapping his wings”. This does more than just cosmetics. Each time Brain Bomber performs this attack, his aerial momentum is briefly stalled due to wind resistance on his cape. If you keep using this move over and over, you can essentially hover in place while constantly attacking to the sides.

Forward Aerial [Lightning Ball]
Brain Bomber holds both of his hands above his head as a (surprise!) ball of lightning forms above his hands. Once it is fully formed (it will be the size of Olimar), Brain Bomber brings his hands and the ball to his chest, and then he thrusts his hands forwards, which causes the ball to shoot forwards at a high speed and travel infinitely far till it hits something. The ball has average priority, and it deals 12% with average knockback. There is above average startup lag and below average end lag to fire the ball. If any enemies get within an area the size of DK from the ball, a bolt of lightning will fire from the sphere at the person, dealing 5% but no knockback or hitstun, and the bolts can be destroyed with even low priority attacks, having no priority of their own. If the target stays within range, a new bolt will be fired every .6 seconds.

Back Aerial [Teleport Retreat]
When you input for this move, Brain Bomber begins to flash like he’s charging a smash attack while continuing to fall. You can charge for up to 1 full second, and when you release, Brain Bomber will teleport backwards 1-5 character lengths depending on how long you charged. There is low startup lag and below average end lag to the teleport. Brain Bomber is still facing the same direction when he finishes teleporting, and he enters free-fall afterwards.

Up Aerial [Flying Bomb]
Brain Bomber quickly tosses a green bomb the size of a soccer ball straight up into the air (how does he keep that thing concealed?). A propeller sprouts on the top of the bomb and it activates to lift the bomb even higher. It will keep flying straight up at the speed of Wolf’s Blaster until it hits something, and then it will explode, dealing 12% with average knockback to anything caught in the blast, including Brain Bomber. There is average startup lag and low end lag to throw the bomb. Brain Bomber can only have one of these in play at a time. If you input for this move again while a flying bomb is already, well, flying, Brain Bomber will press a button on his bracelet (in a sneaky fashion similar to his FTilt). This causes the bomb to stop moving and hover in place for as long as A is held, and you can continue to stall the bomb even if Brain Bomber lands on the ground. The moment you release A, the bomb will resume its flight path.

Down Aerial

SPECIAL MOVES

GRABS

SITUATIONALS

FINAL SMASH​

STRATEGY GUIDE​

EXTRAS

KIRBY HAT

SPECIAL ANIMATIONS

Up Taunt: Brain Bomber laughs manically at his opponent.

Side Taunt: Brain Bomber holds out one side of his cape, and we can actually see miniaturized bombs on the inside of it. The types of bombs seen are randomized each time he uses this taunt.

Down Taunt:

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Characters that will most likely appear in the next smash bros game as playable characters.

1. King K. Rool - He is going to appear since he is one of the most highly requested Characters to appear in the Smash Bros series as a playable Character. So of course he will be in.

2. Dixie Kong - Seeing that that she was in fact considered to be in Brawl. She will most likely be in seeing Hackers found incomplete Data for her.

3. Megaman - Sure I hate him, but seeing people likes him alot. He may appear, but we will never know. Although he might.

4. Ridley - Being a highly requested Character along with King K. Rool. The Space Dragon may appear although King K. Rool has higher chances.

Those are the characters that will most likely appear in the next smash bros game.

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice

Lyn - See Michiah.
Most FE game stories last 1-2 games. Micaiah and Lyn's games both have two games to the stories they're in. The stories go FE1->FE3, FE4->FE5, FE7-FE6, FE9->FE10. FE2 and FE8 are the only ones without a prequel or sequel. I really don't see how they could make a sequel to FE10 so Micaiah won't appear again, and the game Lyn was in already has a sequel to the story. Marth appeared only in two that were made years ago, yet he made it into Brawl.

So I think there might be a chance Lyn could make it in. I mean she's pretty popular among FE fans. Micaiah... I could only have seen her being in Brawl to help promote FE10, similar to how Roy was in to promote 6.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Well King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Megaman, and Ridley are going to appear as playable characters in the next smash bros game since well King K. Rool is one of the most highly requested Characters to be playable. Dixie Kong was considered to be in Brawl,. Megaman (Although I hate him) since people likes him alot, and Ridley since he is a another highly requested Character.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
You just said that o_o

you just didn't put it in bullet form
why in bullet form?

Still anyway those are all the ones that will appear in SSB4, but what other characters do you guys thinkw ill most likely appear as well along with them.

(As for Birdo. She would just be an assist Trophy shooting out eggs)

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I doubt that K. Rool AND Dixie will make it into the next Smash, mostly since the DK series isn't a big one and two new reps in addition to the two already existing ones would be kind of overdoing it. I think that K. Rool will show up but Dixie won't unless Sakurai changed Diddy into a Diddy/Dixie tag-team (which I sincerely hope he doesn't).

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I doubt that K. Rool AND Dixie will make it into the next Smash, mostly since the DK series isn't a big one and two new reps in addition to the two already existing ones would be kind of overdoing it. I think that K. Rool will show up but Dixie won't unless Sakurai changed Diddy into a Diddy/Dixie tag-team (which I sincerely hope he doesn't).
Well King K. Rool will be in for sure as a playable character, but what other characters do you think will most likely appear as well.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'd rather have a new DK game than two new reps.
K. Rool deserves a spot, but the rest of the Kongs don't (except Cranky XD)

Roihu

Smash Ace
Mike, can you please stop saying you hate Megaman? We get it. It's getting annoying.
I think a Sin & Punishment rep is guaranteed for the next SSB with Sin & Punishment 2 coming out and all. A Punch Out!! rep is also very possible, which I'm guessing will be Little Mac.
Dixie in the next one is stretching it.

Nick The Potato

Smash Apprentice
I just beat No More Heroes...Best ending ever. (Only if you play through the whole game and get the true ending.)
Really if you haven't played this game and own a wii play it. You'll see why Travis Touchdown deserves to be in SSB4.

GenericTacoKid

Smash Cadet
Lets have NINTENDO characters only

No sonic with ****ty voice acting, young link for high tier, get that ****ing dickweed snake outta here, or at least make his tilts have captain falcon priority in te next game, lets have hitstun, L-canceling, easier teching, REAL missle canceling, needles canceling. Lotsa fun stuff.
finally someone who understands me

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Having characters from other companies can really do nothing but good as it is now. It just adds more variety and makes more people enjoy the games and broaden their horizons to new games (I probably never would've played MGS had Snake not been in Brawl).

If they overdo it it could end badly but as it is now with limiting to a character (maybe two) per company is good.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo has a bunch of characters to chose from, but that doesn't mean they're wise choices to add since most of the characters are long gone and insignificant to their history. I think they should branch out to more third-parties but keep the maximum amount of third-party reps a lot lower than the Nintendo roster count.

Also, I posted a list of popular characters in Japan for the Cloud argument, I found the whole list.

10. Squall Final Fantasy VIII
10. Yuna Final Fantasy X
10. Professor Layton Professor Layton series
8. Toad Mario Kart
8. Doraemon Doraemon series
7. Chocobo Final Fantasy series
4. Slime Dragon Quest series
4. Solid Snake MGS series
4. Pikachu Pokémon
3. Yoshi Mario series
2. Cloud Final Fantasy VII
1. Mario Mario series

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I wouldn't call Mickey any more of a video game character than Homer Simpson. Both have been in video games, but both originate elsewhere and are primarily featured elsewhere.

It's be like calling Mario a cartoon character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom