• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
sorry it just sounded like ganondorf would be as fast as sonic...well not that fast but you know what i mean
Ganondorf and Bowser would still be slow compared to others, but they WOULD get a speed buff. EVERYONE would get buffed, and they would have such devestating battles, oooh boy... XD

justaway12

Smash Master
I don't think that they should attempt to balance SSB4 100%. Even four tourney viable characters would be fine with me. If your main is low tier, then just go to a low tier tournament.
i don't think 100% is possible anyway we're just trying to get it as close as possible not as broken as metaknight but not as bad as caption falcon

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I was trying to get theories out that could make it so that maybe a low as Low Tier could be tourney viable because there would be many that could counter the "higher tiers".

RPS mentality can sift it out, as long as one character doesn't get R, P, AND S, or they get it all at a very low potential for them.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Overseen Chainthrowers will rule the tiers. Maybe make it more like Rumble Falls in the sense you see a platform across the whole screen but it ends right there, and then the blast zone is a little further.

Can anybody think of something that can give short range characters something to fight against long range with?
How about walking shields? A character would hold its shield up and walk slowly, but the shield has a short lifespan.

majora_787

Smash Hero
How about walking shields? A character would hold its shield up and walk slowly, but the shield has a short lifespan.
OR, the shield could only protect you on the side that matches the direction you're moving in, and it lasts LONGER.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Power shields and weak shields need to return.

Perfect shielding can stay, but Power Shields should be something more precise that would reflect projectiles or stun the enemy very shortly, depending on their damage.

gantrain05

Smash Master
if EVERYBODY got the same buffs, then essentially its the same game, and no holes means that chaingrabbing characters = auto win, i think this would make the game much less balanced.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I still feel that the further away your hitbox is, the less priority it should have. I still think there should be a RPS mechanic for non-projectiles. I still want to see Power Shielding back with a stun effect.

I think more starter stages would be awesome. Big stages need to be shrunk. Maybe the character should get slower in exhaustion if they keep running away without connecting a non-projectile (to take out circle camping)

Slightly faster pace would be nice. Olimar and Ivysaur should get multiple UpB uses.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I still feel that the further away your hitbox is, the less priority it should have. I still think there should be a RPS mechanic for non-projectiles. I still want to see Power Shielding back with a stun effect.

I think more starter stages would be awesome. Big stages need to be shrunk. Maybe the character should get slower in exhaustion if they keep running away without connecting a non-projectile (to take out circle camping)
Slightly faster pace would be nice. Olimar and Ivysaur should get multiple UpB uses.
I bolded what I agree with. Olimar and Ivysaur should get LONGER recoveries, I think.

majora_787

Smash Hero
considering pokemon trainers pokemon get fatigued it could depend on how many time it could be used

e.g
0-30=4 times
31-1:00=3 times
01:01-02:00=2 times
02:01 or higher=1 time
I like the time fatigue thing. It should effect all specials, though.

Aura_Fear

Smash Cadet
In terms of tether recoveries, why not change up B tethers (excluding the ice climbers) to zairs and give the characters new up+b's? Ivysaur could use magical leaf as a recovers.

Still, that would leave the question: what to do with zss?

majora_787

Smash Hero
In terms of tether recoveries, why not change up B tethers (excluding the ice climbers) to zairs and give the characters new up+b's? Ivysaur could use magical leaf as a recovers.

Moar guns.

Okay bad idea. I dunno about Zamus at all.

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
Well if im not mistaken, megaman isnt from the nintendo corp. Snake wasnt either but sakurai had to talk it over and over to finally have snake in his game.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Well if im not mistaken, megaman isnt from the nintendo corp. Snake wasnt either but sakurai had to talk it over and over to finally have snake in his game.
Acteually, it wasn't Sakurai who wanted Snake in, it was Snake's creator. Hideo Kojima was the one having to talk it over & over to finally have Snake in Sakurai's game.

majora_787

Smash Hero
if they got characters in by popular demand why can't they have him

and majora doesn't fatigues already affect pokemon trainers special moves
I never NOTICED it effecting their special moves. I meant like, no change when they;re just out and when they've been out for three minutes it's VERY noticeable.

sam4

Smash Cadet
WolfCypher said:
Acteually, it wasn't Sakurai who wanted Snake in, it was Snake's creator. Hideo Kojima was the one having to talk it over & over to finally have Snake in Sakurai's game.
Someone once told me he even was going to be in Melee, but they didn't have enough time to put him in. I don't know if this is reliable, though.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198

i'm sorry... but your avatar is adorable. just wanted you to know.

justaway12

Smash Master

are you talking about changing her up+b or in general? and lumpyCPU.... QFT (sorry always wanted to say that) but you are right

gameboyjsa

Smash Rookie
HEY obviously like every body else improved online play, but i think for online:
have servers and create games
let the games be customizable against random people like stock and items and stages plust other rules
when you are done you can add the people you played against to a rival list that will tell you when they are online and you can message them for a rematch

all of the characters from brawl and roy and mewtwo but make those 2 not clones or marth and lucario. also change up fox falco and wolf or just remove 2 of them. with ganondorf and capt falcon, try to change them up(why are they even related in attacks?lol) and for luigi change him up a little he isn't really considered a clone. i was suprised when fox falco and wolf had landmaster i mean seriously i could think of way better things. more characters basically
megaman(capcom it will be easy to get though)
Geno(square enix owns, but sakurai even said he considers him 1st party)
mallow(same)
sora(square enix, gonna be very hard but they got snake in lol)
pacman(i don't know about this 1 guys but they would have to think for attacks lol maybe an assist trophie)
More sega from sonic(not gonna list them all but they could at least need 3 more)
naruto(don't hate for this 1 owned by shonen jump and viz media this won't be easy to get)
sasuke(same)
1 or 2 more pokemon only no legendaries lol! they just screw it all up
adventure mode like brawl but get a better story mode going on

START WITH LESS CHARACTERS AND MAKE IT HARDER TO UNLOCK THEM!!!
It was easy to unlock them all in brawl am i right? in adventure you don't unlock them all lol.

better stage creater with the ability to make your own tile colors and stuff with rounded stuff and special things that happen

RANT RANT RANT RANT some more lol i am done for now

Click here to level up my card!

justaway12

Smash Master
i actually want the tetris block as an assist trophy i don't hate you for naruto (even though he will never be in)...i hate you for sasuke and i agree with gameboyjsa for one thing PACMAN FOR BRAWL lol

trev94

Smash Journeyman
Do you think for the next game they are going to do something like the SSE or go back to the old Advanture

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hopfully like the SSE style.... that's not too Kirby related. ^_^;

The reason? It will make the game last for causel and competive gamers that like the advanture mode. Of course I still play the SSE... with someone.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
^ A unique adventure mode for each series would be nice. There could be a collection of levels, each themed after a world or environment from that series, with series elements and enemies (although still a side-scroller). Series bosses at the end of some levels would be nice too.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It would give each series a unique feel to it. One Melee adventure mode gets to be h*ll after 26 runthroughs, while the SSE is generic crap. This would be a nice medium to keep.

Although the retro characters would need a single level, with at least one level for each character.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
SSB should never have a story again unless if it's an RPG spinoff. More time should be spent to improve on the multiplayer and the character roster. The only single player modes I would want them to keep would be Classic and All-Star. I don't care about the rest except for Target Test and Board the Platforms which would be nice bonuses.

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
Hey, I didn't read the last few pages cause I was honestly just too lazy, but from the looks of it, you're talking about what the story mode for SSB4 would be right?

I was thinking that maybe Tabuu could just return. If not, maybe Ganondorf could try gathering villains together to destroy the good guys. Basically, a classic good vs evil.

Also, they could probably give you more choices that change the story, instead of just two, and make it change the story more dramatically instead of just switching characters to give it more replayability.

To clarify, Linkshot is right, Master Hand is good. Apparently, he created the R.O.B.s to help him govern and defend the smash world. Tabuu had created his own world, Subspace, and went from world to world, pulling them into Subspace to make it bigger. He came across the Smash world, and like the other worlds before it, tried to pull it into Subspace to make it bigger. However, Tabuu could not leave Subspace. So, he lured Master Hand into Subspace and used the chains of light to control him. He then used Master Hand to reprogram the R.O.B.s to work for him. He recruited Ganondorf, Bowser and Wario to capture anyone who could stop him as trophies. Ganondorf only agreed to help, though because he planned to steal Master Hand's power and... you know what, just go to the dojo.

justaway12

Smash Master
the story above is on smash dojo

you know they could split them in teams like i suggested before like sonic heros with team names

e.g.
the originals
mario, link and pikachu

damsels-in-success(i got it from mario party)
peach, zelda and krystal

the second BANANAS
diddy kong, luigi and ness

OMG
mewtwo, lucario and pokemon trainer

the sakurai SUCK UPS(get it suck)
meta knight,king dedede and kirby

speedos
sonic, captain falcon and ZSS

these are joke names but I'm no good with team names but I'm sure you catch my drift

espio87

Smash Ace
I agree with Bkoopa666, but I would like the characters to team up even if they're not in the same series.
I would like Sonic and Mario to team up, not like his last-minute appearance in SSE (he's the fastest thing in the world but he arrives last?).

If square-enix were to put a character besides Geno I think the Black Mage would be the choice.

Lastly, if Sonic is going to be in SSB4, Eggman needs to be a villain in SSE. And if Megaman makes it too, Dr. Wily and Eggman should team up.

Really lastly comment: maybe they could make Gyigas the final boss?

justaway12

Smash Master
I agree with Bkoopa666, but I would like the characters to team up even if they're not in the same series.
I would like Sonic and Mario to team up, not like his last-minute appearance in SSE (he's the fastest thing in the world but he arrives last?).

If square-enix were to put a character besides Geno I think the Black Mage would be the choice.

Lastly, if Sonic is going to be in SSB4, Eggman needs to be a villain in SSE. And if Megaman makes it too, Dr. Wily and Eggman should team up.

Really lastly comment: maybe they could make Gyigas the final boss?

first of all i doesn't matter if sonic is last... it's SSE things don't have to make sense or else everyone would have died instead of turning into trophies and other characters wouldn't pop out of nowhere but the reason why sonic appeared so late was because he was a last minute character (i think) but you are right

black mage was in final fantasy right? i think they would have to put cloud or someone like that as a main character there hasn't been a seris without the main character

nothing against eggmann and dr.wily (whoever he is)

if they make the final boss a character from a certain game a boss i don't think it would be bias it practically means one character is stronger than the rest thats why they make their own character

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
What if the next Smash were Cel-shaded? I think that would be pretty cool...

Discuss...

Osi

Smash Ace
I'd like so see someone from final fantasy or megaman make it in the next one. Mostly just because of how large a impact they had on nintendo's initial consoles. There are countless others like earthworm jim, bonk, krystal, or any character from secret of mana I'd love to see in the next one. Sadly it will be a while before the next smash, and these titles/characters will be further out of people's minds than they are already.

justaway12

Smash Master
What if the next Smash were Cel-shaded? I think that would be pretty cool...

Discuss...
I'm not sure i like this more realistic version it looks better

I'd like so see someone from final fantasy or megaman make it in the next one. Mostly just because of how large a impact they had on nintendo's initial consoles. There are countless others like earthworm jim, bonk, krystal, or any character from secret of mana I'd love to see in the next one. Sadly it will be a while before the next smash, and these titles/characters will be further out of people's minds than they are already.
it would be awesome if final fantasy or megaman appeared i don't think earthworm jim would make it but i would love to see some if his items in the game like the holy hand grenade secret of mana could make it i heard that sakurai does love classic game it was released on the super nintendo right?

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Mario could be a bit more revamped....

Neutral Air: Could stay the same or become the Spin Attack from Mario Galaxy

Up Air: Could remian the same or become the Spin Attack from Mario Galaxy

Down Air: Could become the Spin from Galaxy or a Ground Pound

Down Special: Could be a Ground Pound, maybe still FLUDD, or the Spin Attack from Galaxy

Forward Air: Maybe be similar to his current N-air, but more like his air kick form Super Mario 64.

If the Spin Attack from SMGalaxy came in, though, it's probably only score a single hit rather than multiple hits(12% in one shot?)

Anyone agree?

And you should be able to team up with a friend from afar and face random people around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom