• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justaway12

Smash Master
i like your mario idea but ground pounds been taken by yoshi and i hear a lot of marios like F.L.U.D.D and in my opinion forward air has always been good why change though i don't main mario so i wouldn't know... i will in the next game though no matter what unless i get bored

Osi

Smash Ace
it would be awesome if final fantasy or megaman appeared i don't think earthworm jim would make it but i would love to see some if his items in the game like the holy hand grenade secret of mana could make it i heard that sakurai does love classic game it was released on the super nintendo right?
Yea it was on SNES way back when hehe.

justaway12

Smash Master
then he's got as good a chance as anyone else.... other than megaman or krystal or ridley or lyn or k.rool or roy or mewtwo or geno.... umm good luck with that mana thing I'm joking someone could get in easily from the secret of mana

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Walking Shield could be a nice addition.

You could walk while Shielding, but you'd walk slower than usual and your Shield would go down faster. This could open many new advanced strategies and other ATs.

Weak Shields were cool, and I beleive they should return if possible.

The game could use more balance. But instead of nerfing the better characters and buffing the worse (which always comes out as a mess), just buff the worse characters to be on-par with the best ones. And of course, try to remove chain grabs and infinites, but that's a given.

When you think about what happens when you nerf the good and buff the bad... the top tiers and bottom tiers would keep switching spots every game.

gantrain05

Smash Master
well i guess they give everyone a chance to be top... wait a minute does that mean in the next game metaknight will be bottom and mario and pokemon trainer will be top YAY
no, mario will stick with middle lol, they are going to finally put link in top tier, since he has been bottom tier in every smash game.

justaway12

Smash Master
no, mario will stick with middle lol, they are going to finally put link in top tier, since he has been bottom tier in every smash game.
i don't think they ever will afterall why break a tradition like that besides links used to it :p

the walking shields would be a nice idea for an advantage against projectiles as someone mentioned before can't be bothered to remember who it was though :ohwell:

Osi

Smash Ace
Enough with the Ridley/Megaman/Final Fantasy characters in SSB4, let's discuss something more gameplay-orientated.
- no tripping
- hitstun
- edge game from melee/64
- shield stun
- better dash dance

Those are the changes in gameplay I would like to see in SSB4.

justaway12

Smash Master
Enough with the Ridley/Megaman/Final Fantasy characters in SSB4, let's discuss something more gameplay-orientated.
you know how people want daisy and others in games like this (no this isn't new characters talk) i think it would be a good idea to have alt costumes have their own personalities and appear in adventure mode and actually i think the gameplay in my opinon has been covered like it should be faster or no tripping more competitive etc. personally I'm glad someone changed the topic nobody suggested any new characters so it's kind of boring

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
It's not necessarily that we shouldn't talk of adding new characters, but let's face it-- we hear Ridley and Megaman everyday on this thread.

Let's hear some more subtle (and maybe NINTENDO) characters

Osi

Smash Ace
Bonk, Joe and Mac, Boo, Shy guy, Birdo, any killer instinct character, clayfighter characters, toad, paperboy, battletoads, castlevania characters, and extreme G racers just to name some. FYI I'd love to fight a F-Zero character against a extreme G character!

Osi

Smash Ace
okay Osi let's not get crazy... oh wait i got it GOOMBA
but seriously i think we should talk about something else

People said they wanted names not mentioned much, so I tossed some I'd like to see that weren't mentioned much out there. I admit most were kinda out there long shots lol.

I think Goomba would rock! They are in so many mario games, and much more often than peach/luigi/yoshi, so why not?

Oh, and I think the past RPGs that built NES/SNES have not been represented on smash. Not including FF in this post since everyone has posted FF already(it would be someone from FF 1/3/6 anyways and not cloud..). Animal crossing/secret of mana/dragon quest/chrono trigger (this would make most sense due to the DS re-release).

justaway12

Smash Master
why goomba wouldn't be in brawl??? and not more than peach and luigi
he doesn't have arm and dies when you jump on him besides he isn't in more games than peach and luigi
believe it or not but animal crossing characters have been mentioned mr.nook might the next game's WTF character the other characters might be in there are always characters that are old that appear like your characters

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I would like to say something to all the people in this topic. The "moveset potential" argument is null. A lot of characters have moveset potential but Sakurai never properly utilizes it (see Ganondorf and Toon Link) or an original moveset is made for a character (see Falcon, Star Fox trio, Ice Climbers, Zero Suit Samus, and many others). Even a Goomba could have "moveset potential". Still we are closing in on a year since we found out about the Brawl roster.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I would like to say something to all the people in this topic. The "moveset potential" argument is null. A lot of characters have moveset potential but Sakurai never properly utilizes it (see Ganondorf and Toon Link) or an original moveset is made for a character (see Falcon, Star Fox trio, Ice Climbers, Zero Suit Samus, and many others). Even a Goomba could have "moveset potential". Still we are closing in on a year since we found out about the Brawl roster.
Yeah, but there'll be a point where smash games have so many characters that there is NO WAY for moveset potential to be used. They have to use it now while it's still out there. :laugh:

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Holy moly, you posted in here. :bee:

You're right; a lot of people have realized since Brawl came out that "moveset potential" doesn't really mean anything.

I wouldn't say that any Brawl character's moveset is totally "unfitting" for them though; would anyone else?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Holy moly, you posted in here. :bee:

You're right; a lot of people have realized since Brawl came out that "moveset potential" doesn't really mean anything.

I wouldn't say that any Brawl character's moveset is totally "unfitting" for them though; would anyone else?
I could say that Roy's was unfitting. Historically, Marth and Roy were from different countries and different times. There is no way they could both use different swords the EXACT SAME WAY before hell froze over. :bee:

But seriously, no, you're right. Whatever they do with them ends up making sense, even if making them fight doesn't.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
why goomba wouldn't be in brawl??? and not more than peach and luigi
he doesn't have arm and dies when you jump on him besides he isn't in more games than peach and luigi
believe it or not but animal crossing characters have been mentioned mr.nook might the next game's WTF character the other characters might be in there are always characters that are old that appear like your characters
I dont think Tom(thats his name) NOOK would be a WTF charater if so many people are talking about him.......

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I could say that Roy's was unfitting. Historically, Marth and Roy were from different countries and different times. There is no way they could both use different swords the EXACT SAME WAY before hell froze over. :bee:

But seriously, no, you're right. Whatever they do with them ends up making sense, even if making them fight doesn't.
Well, Roy wasn't in Brawl, but I know what you mean! :bee:

I mean, look at Ganondorf and Toon Link. I've just recently started playing my first Zelda game ever, but Ganondorf's bad*** fighting style at least looks good on him, wouldn't you agree? Toon Link might not have all the little differences you'd expect from Wind Waker (that I might not have encountered yet myself), but isn't he pretty much just trying to be the hero of legend like regular Link? I think it still works for him, but other people might disagree.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Interestingly enough, Smash Marth fights like FE6 Roy. Fire Emblem Marth never did any flips in the air and mostly did stabs (as opposed to slashs).

majora_787

Smash Hero
Interestingly enough, Smash Marth fights like FE6 Roy. Fire Emblem Marth never did any flips in the air and mostly did stabs (as opposed to slashs).
Oh really? Interesting. I don't know much about Fire Emblem even though I really want to play it...so my comments on it might be a LITTLE assumed. :laugh:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wait, isn't Marth's new neutral B closer to how he normally attacks? What with the stabbing instead of slashingl?
Yes, his new neutral-b is a lot closer to what Marth did in his games. This also makes me think that when Roy was going to be brought back that he was going to receive some Luigification.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yes, his new neutral-b is a lot closer to what Marth did in his games. This also makes me think that when Roy was going to be brought back that he was going to receive some Luigification.
I do LOVE Marth's new stabby. XD

But I would love to see Roy as a non-clone or a Luigi.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't doubt it. Most of the clones did receives some Luigification. They may change more come the next game.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I wouldn't doubt it. Most of the clones did receives some Luigification. They may change more come the next game.
I honestly believe Pichu and Dr. Mario are the only ones beyond help, unless they give Pichu different specials and turn him into "Toon Linkachu" :laugh:

Dr. Mario, I don't see lugification happening there. He SHOULD fight like Mario, because he IS.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
In terms of gameplay, I'd like to see recovering take some skill again, instead of being "This character can and will or just plain can't recover"

There should be separate types of tethers. Grapple Beam, Clawshot, Plasma Whip, and Sheikah Chain could tether a wall and Pikmin Chain, Plasma Grapple, Grapple Hook, and Snake Rope would home in on the ledge.

And they should be able to have multiple uses until it tries to home in on the edge and fails, at which point the character freefalls.

Water and Wind should be able to be damaging elements at the same time as certain other moves that use it would just push. Forcepushing (Gale Boomerang, FLUDD, Water Gun, PSI Magnet Ness, Ninja Teleport, Ending Blow, Wings of Icarus, Bug Spray) should reflect solid projectiles and disperse energy. Maybe pushing should also be able to trip.

Random tripping is bs. Maybe put a little bump on every stage (randomly placed when the match starts) and if you begin a dash there, you trip over it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
In terms of gameplay, I'd like to see recovering take some skill again, instead of being "This character can and will or just plain can't recover"

There should be separate types of tethers. Grapple Beam, Clawshot, Plasma Whip, and Sheikah Chain could tether a wall and Pikmin Chain, Plasma Grapple, Grapple Hook, and Snake Rope would home in on the ledge.

And they should be able to have multiple uses until it tries to home in on the edge and fails, at which point the character freefalls.

Water and Wind should be able to be damaging elements at the same time as certain other moves that use it would just push. Forcepushing (Gale Boomerang, FLUDD, Water Gun, PSI Magnet Ness, Ninja Teleport, Ending Blow, Wings of Icarus, Bug Spray) should reflect solid projectiles and disperse energy. Maybe pushing should also be able to trip.

Random tripping is bs. Maybe put a little bump on every stage (randomly placed when the match starts) and if you begin a dash there, you trip over it.
1. Good idea.
2. There IS a number of tries before it fails. You can only do it like two or three times.
3. Another good idea.
4. PURE BS. Tripping sounds like something more entertaining. :laugh:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You can argue that for Lucas. From what I've read about him in MOTHER 3, he doesn't like to fight. Not only that, but all the PSI he uses in Brawl was learned by his partner, Kumatora, a straight out tomboy which was more suiting for the offensive PSI. He never learned any o the moves he uses in Brawl.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
You can argue that for Lucas. From what I've read about him in MOTHER 3, he doesn't like to fight. Not only that, but all the PSI he uses in Brawl was learned by his partner, Kumatora, a straight out tomboy which was more suiting for the offensive PSI. He never learned any o the moves he uses in Brawl.
Yeah, some other characters don't like to fight too (the princesses).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just noticed something with Castle Siege, each layer is a locale from each of Marth, Ike, and Roy's games.

The castle that is under siege is on the first layer is probably Dolua Castle, which is surrounded by forests and has a red flag with a dragon on it. This is from Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem. This was most likely done for Marth.

The second layer is of the throne room of Nados Castle (the last place where you fought the Black Knight) from Path of Radiance. The soldiers in the castle also look like Daein troops, and the red flag with the dragon on it also strongly resembles the Daein flag. This was most likely done for Ike.

The third layer with the volcanic activity is of the resting place of Durandal. The cave holding Durandal had lava in it, and was located at the base of a volcano. Roy visits this place in FE6, as well as his father in FE7. This was most likely done for Roy (who was planned to be the third Fire Emblem character).

Tell me what you think of this.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, some other characters don't like to fight too (the princesses).
I wouldn't say that necessarily. Peach and Zelda have willingly fought in the past a number of times. Anyway, it wouldn't bug me if Lucas at elast had PK Love in his moveset isntead of being "part" of his attacks.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I just noticed something with Castle Siege, each layer is a locale from each of Marth, Ike, and Roy's games.
I don't think you just noticed that; I could've sworn you or someone else brought it up before. :dizzy: Anyway, it's cool.

I wouldn't say that necessarily. Peach and Zelda have willingly fought in the past a number of times. Anyway, it wouldn't bug me if Lucas at elast had PK Love in his moveset isntead of being "part" of his attacks.
I guess so. Maybe it's not their "specialty". :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom