• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say that necessarily. Peach and Zelda have willingly fought in the past a number of times. Anyway, it wouldn't bug me if Lucas at elast had PK Love in his moveset isntead of being "part" of his attacks.
Both of them are WILLING, but especially in peach's case, they apparently can't fight WELL...especially compared to their heroes. ^^"

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Characters that don't generally fight can still have movesets based around their specialties. Every character doesn't have to be a direct fighter to be included. If a non-fighter character is popular enough, he or she can be included whether or not they are willing to brawl.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Characters that don't generally fight can still have movesets based around their specialties. Every character doesn't have to be a direct fighter to be included. If a non-fighter character is popular enough, he or she can be included whether or not they are willing to brawl.
If everyone in the world wanted Animal Crosser to fight, he would be in the ring swinging an axe. Wether he wants to or not.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
if there is animal crossing fighters they would be tom nook and k.k. slider.

justaway12

Smash Master
you know someone in the pokemon trainer forums suggested pokemon trainer to be playable in SSB4 but without his pokemon so he has to fight by himself not alot of people liked the idea but i do think it's a good idea

justaway12

Smash Master
no he doesn't use pokemon for example just items he had on his journey or something like that

B: pokeball (capture opponents for a few second depending on how weak they are)
Bup: fishing rope (tether)
Bdown: bike (like wario's moterbike)
Bleft: rock (like diddy's gun he charges how far it goes)

final smash: legendary pokemon

i doubt he will get in but if he does i will main him

majora_787

Smash Hero
no he doesn't use pokemon for example just items he had on his journey or something like that

B: pokeball (capture opponents for a few second depending on how weak they are)
Bup: fishing rope (tether)
Bdown: bike (like wario's moterbike)
Bleft: rock (like diddy's gun he charges how far it goes)

final smash: legendary pokemon

i doubt he will get in but if he does i will main him
He would be the closest thing we get to a normal person in smash. XD

majora_787

Smash Hero
no that's just not true true what about.... sandbag but seriously he would be good to have around in my opinion and besides for some reason whenever i battle pit i always want pokemon trainer to come from behind and punch him... don't know why
You like it because it's FUNNY to picture that. Very simple.

justaway12

Smash Master
do you think any mario reps will be in the next game i wouldn't normally say that because he's already got four but they do have alot of characters with good potential and since dr.mario appeared in the last game i do think it's possible and pit does look like he will be fun to beat up

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
do you think any mario reps will be in the next game i wouldn't normally say that because he's already got four but they do have alot of characters with good potential and since dr.mario appeared in the last game i do think it's possible and pit does look like he will be fun to beat up
You do mean new reps right?

And you can beat up Pit in Brawl.

Anyway, I say Bowser Jr. for new Mario rep, because I'm counting Paper Mario as a separate franchise.

Please don't mention Geno in great detail lol. We've had too many Geno discussions already.

espio87

Smash Ace

dr. mario has the potential to get in as an alternate costume of mario. If the roster has to be expanded in SSB4 (which will obviously happen) I think Daisy could make it as a mario rep. She differs completely from Peach in that she's a tomboy and her moveset could be based entirely from the mario sports and mario party titles.

justaway12

Smash Master
dr. mario has the potential to get in as an alternate costume of mario. If the roster has to be expanded in SSB4 (which will obviously happen) I think Daisy could make it as a mario rep. She differs completely from Peach in that she's a tomboy and her moveset could be based entirely from the mario sports and mario party titles.
i not sure if daisy could in but it would be amazing but incase she wasn't she could maybe the alternate costumes could have different personality she would act like a tomboy instead of an ultra girly princess

Superspright

Smash Lord
"-If on the Wii, the new Smash would have a seperate channel, like Mario Kart Wii.
-Apply the Matchmaking feature on SSB4 for Wifi.
-Less lag on Wifi. (obvious)
-Name: Super Smash Bros Clash
-Ganondorf with a new B moveset (tweaking Ganon's A moves wouldn't be bad as well, they all suck now)
-Decrease the bar from chars that have sooooo much power to those who have none. (Ike to Jiggly)
-Replace Pit with Issac
-Replace Lucario with Mewtwo
-Replace Ice Climbers with Plusle and Minun (yes, I support this)
-Replace R.O.B. with a more deserving char (AKA anyone)
-Do not add Balloon fighter to the roster
-3rd party characters are not a priority, but bring back the concept"

That was the worst thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I'd rather have Waluigi than Daisy. He's just as suited to using sports stuff as Daisy is, he is the fourth plumber, and it's impossible to make a convincing Waluigi alternate costume while it would be easy to make a Wario-style Daisy costume with the voice changed for Peach.

majora_787

Smash Hero
"-If on the Wii, the new Smash would have a seperate channel, like Mario Kart Wii.
-Apply the Matchmaking feature on SSB4 for Wifi.
-Less lag on Wifi. (obvious)
-Name: Super Smash Bros Clash
-Ganondorf with a new B moveset (tweaking Ganon's A moves wouldn't be bad as well, they all suck now)
-Decrease the bar from chars that have sooooo much power to those who have none. (Ike to Jiggly)
-Replace Pit with Issac
-Replace Lucario with Mewtwo
-Replace Ice Climbers with Plusle and Minun (yes, I support this)
[b]-Replace R.O.B. with a more deserving char (AKA anyone)[/b]
-Do not add Balloon fighter to the roster
-3rd party characters are not a priority, but bring back the concept"

That was the worst thing I've ever heard in my entire life.
I bolded what was incorrect and needed to be fixed.

Daisy is somewhat unlikely seeing as how we have so many Mario reps. But I think that skin characters would be awesome.

Mario could have Dr. Mario
Wario HAS Overalls Wario
Peach could have Daisy
Master Chief could not be in the game
Bowser could have Dry Bowser
Ridley could have O.M.R.

Just some examples of good ideas.

EDIT: Hey, I'm two posts over 950. Sweet. ^^

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did make some adjustments to my Smash 4 roster during the last set of months. In fact, I even composed some character select images relating to my roster change. My new roster contains 45 fighters when you don't count the transformations and Pokemon changes.

----------------
Roster

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Jigglypuff
Peach
Bowser
Zelda / Sheik
Ice Climbers
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
Ganondorf
Meta Knight
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon used are Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard)
Diddy Kong
Lucas
King Dedede
Olimar
Lucario
R.O.B.
Toon Link
Wolf
Rosalina
King K. Rool
Bowser Jr.
Waluigi
Ridley
Samurai Goroh
Leon
Solid Snake
Sonic / Werehog Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Amy
----------------
Images

Note: Images have a large width, so you'll have to click on the thumbnails to view the images at full size.

Starter Roster

All fighters from Brawl unlocked

All fighters unlocked
----------------

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Oh wow, I feel so nostalgic posting here again. I gotta say though, lurking around in this thread is probably the reason for me coming back. I have a few things I'd like to share in the future, but I'll wait so that I'm not stepping on anyone's toes. ^_^

tehbestevar

Smash Rookie
on Final Destination with no items and 3 Wolfs for
Alright my suggestions for SSB4:

1: Keep Sakurai on the project(dont hunt me down plz!!!) but have someone who isnt half-way insane co-develop with him

2: Keep Brawl physics no Melee whatsoever(again dont hunt me)

3:The Rule of 3: only 3(MAX) third party characters: Master Chief, Snake, and Sonic

Finally i want only one addition to the roster(Sakurai and his "not-insane co-developer" can think up the rest) I want Princess Rosalina from Mario Galaxy to be playable here is my proposed moveset:

Rosalina will use her wand-thing to do basic smashes

up sepecial: a recovery relating to her levitation ability

down special: some sort of Force Push (like Mario's waterpack exept more effective)

side special: an attack like the star wand item in Brawl exept as a weapon

Final Smash: a Star-Bit meteorshower

Arcrandom

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5058-0892
SSB4 they should un . . . nerf everyone, spcificaly Captain Falcon, and link. no more tripping. add megaman, and zero. mirical matter as a boss. anyone who is and assist trophy as a charcacter. create chracter like in soulcalibur 4. and last but not least the final character, the best chracter, and not nintendo related at all character, the Weighted Companion Cube.

Arcrandom

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5058-0892
:psycho:
Mario&Sonic Guy, I noticed that you had a werehog transformation next to Sonic.. I like that idea, but how would it worK??
I think it would work like the zero cannon with samus. if you ever see the opening of sonic unleashed he gets turned into werehog while in super sonic, or like night falls, he goes all hack'n slash, the you play as werehog, then you get the smash ball again sunrise he goes super sonic, then fades back to normal sonic.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
My wishlist; I'm probably forgetting a bunch of people but eh..

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Wario
Kat&Ana (??? I know no other characters >.>)
Waluigi (while he's not really with Wario.. you can't denie he kinda.. is)

Yoshi
Baby Bowser/Bowser Jr. (Whichever one was in Yoshi's Story--I know there's a difference and I'd like that to become clear to me >.>)

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong (???)
King K. Rool

Samus
Ridley
Dark Samus

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
-Insert 5th gen. rep here-

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Midna (Without Wolf Link/with Wolf Link if a different Link is represented other than TP Link for the next installation)

Fox
Falco
Wolf
Leon (???)
Krystal (??? I prefer Leon.... he's bad ***)

Captain Falcon
--Can't remember the other guys name.. Blood Falcon??

Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Shadow
Eggman

Ness
Lucas

Marth
Ike
Roy

Snake
... >.> whoever his AT was lol I forgot his name :/

Olimar
Louie (???)

Pit
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
ROB
Little Mac (??? I can't think of any old schoolers right now >.>)

Dr. Mario
Pichu
Mewtwo

Rayman (why not? He used to be cool)

I know these won't get in, but I'd LIKE to see them in:
Banjo & Kazooie
Mumbo Jumbo
Grunty the Witch

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Wall-o-text time.

OK, so rather than bomb the thread with a huge list of characters and the ensuing wall-o-text of reasoning behind my choices, I decided to break up my roster speculations based on each series. So far I only have Super Mario bros. done, but you can expect to hear more from me in the future with other series. Now then let's begin:

Super Mario Bros. (5 – 6 Characters)

- Mario (Has a Dr. Mario & Shadow Mario alt that doesn’t change gameplay style; has a Paper Mario alt that modifies his moveset somewhat.)
- Luigi (Has a Mr. L & Paper Luigi alt that might change his gameplay a bit)
- Peach (Has a Paper Peach alt that doesn’t modify her moveset much)
- Bowser (Has a Dry Bowser alt, no changes to gameplay)
- Daisy* (Has a Super Mario Strikers & Mario Strikers Charged alt just for recognition’s sake, and yes there’s a difference between the two.)
- Rosalina*

Reasoning

As the franchise that defines and is almost synonymous with Nintendo, not to mention its biggest, it's not beyond reason for this group to have a larger than standard selection of characters to choose from. Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser are definite no matter which way you look at it all, so let's move on to the two newcomers I chose, namely Daisy & Rosalina.

Why Daisy wasn’t in Brawl even is a mystery to me considering that not only is she a memorable character from within the universe itself, she is also deeply rooted in Nintendo history due to being created by the late Gunpei Yokoi, the man Miyamoto himself considers his most important and only mentor. With that history lesson aside, let’s move on to why she should be in gameplay wise. She offers something of a counter to Peach's character and gameplay. Where Peach is meant to be played strategically and evasively, Daisy has shown herself to be more of a contender, not shy to jump in and hold her own in the fray. This reasoning is of course due to their characters from the games they appear in. There's also the idea that she could always represent the Mario Sports titles (due to her continued appearance in said games), whose presence has been sorely lacking, with her potential moveset.

Rosalina however is interesting to say the least. Debuting in one of the best and most memorable Mario games and games of this generation (Super Mario Galaxy) and actually gathering a good bit of fame from that and her Mario Kart Wii exposure, she seems poised to become another big mainstay in the series. Enough about the Mario series talk though; you all just want to know how she fits into the Smash fray. The answer is: she's a spell caster, something Smash hasn't truly explored or fully realized in all three of its games, unless Zelda is meant to cover that whole area by herself. Also, since I sense the whole "she doesn't have moves/exhibit moves that could work in Smash" arguement coming, just remember that anyone can get something unique and varied that would work in Smash Bros, especially if characters like R.O.B. & Mr. Game & Watch did.

The last note for this group is the fact that you all probably noticed an asterisk next to both Daisy & Rosalina's name. This is used by myself as a sort of check to say that if the majority feels like 6 isn’t a number that could work (even thought this is a highly special situation), then it's literally a fight between the two to see who should earn that extra spot rightfully. Get used to it though, there are plenty of series that will have two or more of these character clashes. Fire Emblem, I’m especially looking at you. :laugh:

Keep in mind though, none of these suggestions are simply fanservice. They are picked because the lend themselves to Nintendo's history well and would also be unique within the Smash game itself. Also, the notes in brackets are just there to show ideas of what could happen should the alt vs. playable debate ever come to a reasonable end.

So then, did u rike it? :laugh:

justaway12

Smash Master
bksbestboy i do like your idea but i think they should start waluigi before daisy after all it is impossible to make an alt costume out of wario or luigi as i said before, he is extremely under-appreciated in games and deserves more recognition in nintendo games. i think it would be just as good to have a peach alt costume with a different personality, as much as i would like her to be in game but i do believe they should concentrate on waluigi first then daisy.

@LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME baby bowser appeared in yoshis story bowser jr. appeared in super mario sunshine.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
bksbestboy i do like your idea but i think they should start waluigi before after all it is impossible to make an alt costume out of wario or luigi as i said before, he is extremely under-appreciated in games and deserves more recognition in nintendo games. i think it would be just as good to have a peach alt costume with a different personality as much as i would like her to be in game but i do believe they should concentrate on waluigi first then daisy
Don't get me wrong, I'll eventually get to the Wario group and you all will understand me better when I do. ;)

Scott!

Smash Lord
@ Mario & Sonic Guy: Any special reason as to why you included Amy Rose over Robotnik/Eggman? I can definitely see Tails over him, and maaaaybe Knuckles, but Amy? I'm just curious as to your reasoning. I haven't followed the Sonic series since Dreamcast, but I was under the impression Robotnik was still a mainstay.

@ bksbestbwoy: I definitely agree Rosalina would be an awesome addition, though she definitely needs to see a bit more action in the Mario series if she's gonna make it, I'd think. She definitely has the potential to make it though, and to have a unique moveset. Daisy as a possibility would be awesome, but I worry that the Sakurai bug may bite and make her into a Peach clone. Hopefully not, but it's pretty possible. I do like the reasoning though.

@ the thread: I always see the idea of a character creation thrown around by random people who seem to jump into the thread, spew out their ideas, and then just never come back, but it's never discussed seriously, at least as long as I've been following the thread. While I don't think it's exactly the most likely, I do see it as a serious possibility that would at least be considered.

It would probably (in the most feasible way I can imagine, anyway) be based on Miis. Since you can choose their height and width, maybe some algorithm would determine some sort of weight constant that would determine strength, weight, jump height, stuff like that. And have for standard attacks a bunch of sets of moves that work for different weight classes. You'd pick one for your character, and then do specials. There, you would be able to pick each one specifically. There would be a reflector, a few different projectiles with different patterns, an attack throw or something, stuff like that. Throw in a few good recoveries, and you're set. Sure, it could be abused, but I doubt Miis would be tournament-eligible if they worked like this anyway. But it would be fun, and we all know that's what Sakurai wants everyone to have.

justaway12

Smash Master
@ bksbestbwoy: I definitely agree Rosalina would be an awesome addition, though she definitely needs to see a bit more action in the Mario series if she's gonna make it, I'd think. She definitely has the potential to make it though, and to have a unique moveset. Daisy as a possibility would be awesome, but I worry that the Sakurai bug may bite and make her into a Peach clone. Hopefully not, but it's pretty possible. I do like the reasoning though.
i don't think daisy will be a peach clone most of peach move were taken from her games like the turnips the frying pan the floating and i think her Dair was taken from super princess peach i don't think they will be clones sakurai isn't an idiotic enough to make someone without research remember he did make melee a fast-paced non tripping game without metaknight and i agree with the rosalina thing other super mario galaxy she's only in mario kart wii hopefully if nintendo stops making spin-off mario games she might be playable i doubt it though

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Lazy copy paste is lazy. :laugh:

Anyway, continuing from where I left off, here's Round 2:

The Legend of Zelda (4-6 Characters)

- Link (Has a "Toon Mode" that modifies his style and appearance to Toon Link’s[?])
- Zelda/Sheik (Has a "Toon Mode" that modifies her style and appearance to Toon Zelda/Tetra [?])
- Ganondorf (Has a "Toon Mode" that modifies his style and appearance to Toon Ganondorf [?])
- Midna* (Humanoid) [Has a greater chance of not being in the game due to the "freshness" of her character]
- Vaati* (Humanoid) [Same as Midna]
- As of now unknown Zelda Wii important character*

Reasoning

The Legend of Zelda is yet another legendary franchise heralded by the combined force of Nintendo EAD and Shigeru Miyamoto. With its unique gameplay, memorable stories and immensely diverse character pool, it's a wonder to me how Smash has gotten away with a few things. For example (and the biggest one I have), Captain Ganondorf. That **** has to stop in the next game. For someone who is supposed to be the wielder of the power of the gods and an immensely powerful warlock thief regardless of that, he sure doesn't have anything backing that rep in Smash. I will admit though, there are some moves that he possesses now that would make me sad to see them go (namely Thunderstomp [Down Air], Flame Choke [Side Special] and Warlock Punch) if they de-clone him how I have envisioned. What Ganondorf needs is a total redo that allows him to show off what he is best, a warlock. They need to balance his brutish physicality with his supposedly legendary magic ability. Again, since Smash has barely grazed the surface in regards to witches, warlocks, spellcasters and magic in general, they potential is there to make him something incredibly unique and I'm sure that it wouldn't take much to get something great from him.

Next up is the Link/Toon Link debate. Some say that Toon Link needs to go because it isn't a situation where Luigification is enough, especially since we already have Link. Others, me included, would find it blasphemous to remove a character so integral to the series (if you treat him as the rep for the "Young" Link and universes that a younger Link pertain to that is). So then what do we do to appease both sides of this debate? I have an idea, namely a selectable "Toon mode". This would work in the following way. A person who chooses Link would then be able to click on Link's spot on the roster (much like Zelda/Sheik in Brawl) and they would be able to play as the Toon version of this character. Now we have to address the next part of this scenario which is making the characters more diversified.

Why the Windwaker wasn't Toon Link’s Final Smash I'll never know. The Ballad of The Gales was one of the first ideas I came up with for him when I first heard he was going to be in the game. Imagine summoning a fully controllable cyclone for a few seconds and letting it wreak havoc all over the stage? The next best thing would be the Four Sword. Imagine four Toon Links standing up on top of one another and unleashing one powerful Hurricane Spin that you could tilt in one direction or the other? Outside of a final smash though, Toon Link as is was a pretty ok job, so I'll leave this at that and move on to the last issue of business, namely Vaati vs. Midna vs. potential newcomer from Zelda Wii.

Midna is in a very similar situation as Rosalina from the last roster battle I put up. She started in the biggest, most recent and most anticipated game in the series. She has also grown on many people for her own endeavors in Twilight Princess. Some people have even asked for her to return in a future installment of the series. This all has given her some decent backing in terms of popularity and getting into Smash as well. As for how she would blend into the game itself, remember my notes about spellcasters and Smash. She uses magic and abilities that are wildly unlike anything the Zelda regulars are accustomed to [Twilight Princess spoilers!]Why hello there Final Smash worthy giant ethereal Twili Orochi-arm spear wielding spider thing! XD[/Twilight Princess spoilers] and as such she should never be subjected to a clone treatment should she get in.

Then there’s Vaati, a very interesting situation within the Zelda series. While Vaati has been the main and secondary antagonist in a few of the Zelda titles, there are more extenuating circumstances regarding his use in a game like Smash. He was jointly created by both Nintendo and Capcom (more specifically, Flagship) in the few Capcom co-developed Zelda games, namely The Minish Cap and Four Swords Adventure. Honestly, I believe that he should have the same rights to a Zelda spot as any other important Zelda character, mainly because not only is he important in the games he’s in, he is also one of the only important Zelda characters to have ever been created not entirely by Nintendo, thus giving him his own unique albeit somewhat convoluted title and history. As for movesets and possibilities, I get tired of repeating myself, silly. :laugh:

The only thing left to find out is whether or not the next Zelda game has a main character that isn’t Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf but has merits that make them worthy of a Smash membership. Also, do you all think that LoZ is a big enough franchise to warrant a big roster a la my Mario idea?

Now with all that said and done, all I have left to ask is what do you think of the whole Toon mode thing? Is it plausible or not? The question mark next to them denotes that it might not be workable, but it’s still an idea to think about. With that, I’m done for tonight!

justaway12

Smash Master
i don't know that much about legend of zelda but i think minda should be like zelda and transform back and forth and also turning day and night as she does it but as i said before i don't know alot of about zelda and i never played twilight princess but i did hear alot about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom