• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Reply 20,000? (I have no idea. I think there's someone who blocked me here, and there seem to be more pages than there really are)

I don't think that there will be any rewards that will be based on anything related to co-op. There are those who aren't able to get another person in there, and thus there would be a problem.

Also [insert comment on how Mewtwo's not coming back due to the reasons he was cut in Brawl]

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
does the japanese development team even know or care that we exist? Especially since most of their sales are from kids?

They'll probably move lucario out and bring another pokemon out, probably a fire emblem lord also, meaning Ike will bow out.

Their playstyles might not change that much, like young link to toon link so it's not like you lose a whole character type, just a few things.

judging from the past Nintendo will do whatever they god**** want.
I will agree with Lucario, but will have to disagree on Ike, most likely in the next Smash the Fire Emblem series will see three characters.

The only reason Roy and Mewtwo were cut in the first place (if you believe some of the theories) is because they ran out of time.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
Also, what do you think about Groudon being a boss in some way in SSB4? Seem likely? Rayquaza was the Emerald mascot and he appeared as a boss, Kyogre and Groudon are Sapphire and Ruby's mascots and Groudon seems more fit to be a boss. What do you think?
I'm probably the only one who thinks that Rayquaza had no place being a boss in SSE. Given what I know about the pokemon, it seemed (to me) really weird. Since when does Rayquaza dwell in a lake? I dunno, but if we were to see some sort of huge pokemon boss battle: Dialga and Palkia... simultaneously.

You fight Dialga and Palkia while they fight amongst themselves. :chuckle:

This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy8sjP49hSA
But like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6NRHcd4ysQ

Win.

Reply 20,000? (I have no idea. I think there's someone who blocked me here, and there seem to be more pages than there really are)
I've been seeing that for some time now. Thought it was just me.

Also [insert comment on how Mewtwo's not coming back due to the reasons he was cut in Brawl]
He wasn't cut, replaced, or any of that per se. He was going to be in Brawl. I think time-restraints and the fact that the pokemon company wanted other generations to be represented (I swear I saw an article pertaining to this before) led to him not making it. I do think he'll be in SSB4 though.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I doubt Roy was cut for time, but rather just cut because he was forced into Melee by the higher ups as a promotion for FE6, and after that wasn't even that popular within the FE community. That and he was a clone.

Mewtwo I still believe was cut for space within the Pokemon series, and lost out to Jigglypuff as the last spot. There's really no way a lack of time was involved there either given that he already had a moveset and model to work from.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo I still believe was cut for space within the Pokemon series, and lost out to Jigglypuff as the last spot. There's really no way a lack of time was involved there either given that he already had a moveset and model to work from.
Maybe before finishing Mewtwo, they decided to work on the likes of Lucario given the [pokemon company]. Couldn't finish him within the time they've given themselves, so he didn't make it. Can anyone tell me why he wouldn't appear in SSB4?

A lil off topic but if anyone hasn't heard, Suda 51 is interested to see Travis Touchdown in the next smash game http://kotaku.com/5310759/no-more-heroes-designer-wants-travis-touchdown-in-next-smash-bros
He's really gonna have to beg then, more so than Kojima.

I love No More Heroes, but the crazy **** in that game is just... crazy and beyond comprehension for some. Honestly, I'm not sure what to think about this news. =/

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I doubt Roy was cut for time, but rather just cut because he was forced into Melee by the higher ups as a promotion for FE6, and after that wasn't even that popular within the FE community. That and he was a clone.

Maybe before finishing Mewtwo, they decided to work on the likes of Lucario given the [pokemon company]. Couldn't finish him within the time they've given themselves, so he didn't make it. Can anyone tell me why he wouldn't appear in SSB4?
No no no. Your both wrong. Mewtwo and Roy had their own theme song along with Lucario and other characters (save Wolf for some reason). They were probably in there for a while. Mewtwo and Roy also fit in the roster when you remove the random button and Sonic. They were probably removed due to time, probably because Sonic and all his goodies had to be added.

n88

Smash Lord
@ThatAintTripping

Please tell me that was a bad joke.

As for Mewtwo's non-inclusion, I heard that Sakurai had time for Jiggly or Mewtwo, and picked Jiggly. Later, he had more time, but that time was used to make Sonic instead. I don't have a source for that, so I don't know if it's true or not.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
No no no. Your both wrong. Mewtwo and Roy had their own theme song along with Lucario and other characters (save Wolf for some reason). They were probably in there for a while. Mewtwo and Roy also fit in the roster when you remove the random button and Sonic. They were probably removed due to time, probably because Sonic and all his goodies had to be added.
As for Mewtwo's non-inclusion, I heard that Sakurai had time for Jiggly or Mewtwo, and picked Jiggly. Later, he had more time, but that time was used to make Sonic instead. I don't have a source for that, so I don't know if it's true or not.
Okay. I'm gonna stick with these two until Sakurai makes known (if he ever does, doubt he will) why Mewtwo didn't make it in. Thanks.

So tell me, why would Mewtwo not appear in SSB4? What Pieman0920 said...

... I kinda take issue with. If it's due to time, and if time isn't a issue with SSB4, then he could be included, right?

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Mewtwo will not return, I'm pretty sure of that. If he does, there will be 6 first generation reps (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Mewtwo) and one or two next-generation rep (Lucario or 5th Generaion Pokemon, most likely the later). I guess its time to post my Pokemon Possibilities again...

This is assuming that the character slots for SSB4 cap at five. These are the three possibilities you can expect on seeing in no particular order (except the first possibility, which is most likely).

1.)
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer
-Lucario
-(Next-generation Pokemon)

2.)
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-(New-generation Pokemon Trainer)
-Lucario

3.)
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer
-(New-generation Pokemon Trainer)

So basically, the characters you can bet on seeing are Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and a Next-generation Pokemon. A new-generation Pokemon Trainer has pretty good chances, and Lucario and Pokemon Trainer each have a chance of being cut. And I didn't add Mewtwo because he is also from the first generation, there would be too many first-generation reps.

Oh, and don't argue about Jigglypuff. Face it, she's getting in whether you like it or not. Don't bring bias into this.

Think this is accurate?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sorry, he has to get behind Megaman before he reaches the same column as Sonic and Snake.
Travis would be pretty cool but he's even less "family friendly" than Snake. Also, yeah, Suda 51 is currently owned by Capcom which means he'd have to compete with Megaman for a spot. Megaman has close to a 100 games and has been on every Nintendo console since the NES except the Virtual Boy while Travis has one with another one currently in the works. In that regard, it's no contest.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
I was very much joking about the failing to grab ledges occasionally. XD

I never did understand why people want or expect Geno in SSB4... it's such an obscure choice that I doubt it would happen.

n88

Smash Lord
@Spydr Enzo

Your Pokemon possibilities look about right. I wouldn't completely count Mewtwo out (partially because I'm biased and partially because Mewtwo is popular and almost made it into Brawl), but I think the first two possibilities are moore likely than Mewtwo returning. However, I think Mewtwo would get in before a third Pokemon Trainer.

I would like to see a new mechanic for the Pokemon Trainer. The new mechanic would work like this: Every time you use Pokemon Switch, there is a 10% chance that you will transform into Psyduck, who can only attack himself. You must use the B-Down again to change into the Pokemon you originally wanted to turn into (you cannot change from Psyduck back to Psyduck again). To compensate, Pokemon Switch is much faster.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
1.)
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer
-Lucario
This, with other gen PKMN trainer alt. costumes for Pokemon Trainer. I'll also throw in Mewtwo. (Yes)

And I didn't add Mewtwo because he is also from the first generation, there would be too many first-generation reps.
I see the problem now. Well first and foremost, I'm sure you know why the first-generation has more characters.

Secondly, you could say that Mewtwo could represent the first and third gen, much like how I (and Sakurai) consider PKMN trainer to do the same:

Pokemon Trainer: Trophy Info said:
A person who raises Pokémon and trains them as partners in battle. In battle, a Trainer gives orders to the Pokémon and uses items. It's not an exaggeration to say battles can be won or lost on a Trainer's single strategic move. Trainers pour their hearts into their Pokémon and share anger, sadness, and joy as they adventure in hopes of becoming Pokémon Masters.

Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen (2004)
Lastly, you seen and heard the outcry for Mewtwo. People want him, they really do. He could very well appear in SSB4.

(Oh, and tell me what you think of my Dialga vs Palkia boss battle idea, please. :3
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7810619&postcount=19980)

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
This, with other gen PKMN trainer alt. costumes for Pokemon Trainer. I'll also throw in Mewtwo. (Yes)

I see the problem now. Well first and foremost, I'm sure you know why the first-generation has more characters.

Secondly, you could say that Mewtwo could represent the first and third gen, much like how I (and Sakurai) consider PKMN trainer to do the same:

Lastly, you seen and heard the outcry for Mewtwo. People want him, they really do. He could very well appear in SSB4.

(Oh, and tell me what you think of my Dialga vs Palkia boss battle idea, please. :3
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7810619&postcount=19980)
For the New-generation Pokemon trainers, this means whole new Pokemon with different character models and moves, so it wouldn't work as an alternate costume when it would be a whole character within itself.

If you posted that trophy description to show how the Pokemon Trainer can represent the first and third generation, I don't see how it conveys this point. But if you are referring to the FireRed/LeafGreen part, I hope you know that those are just remakes of the first generation, not the third generation.

Now as I've said before, do you honestly think the outcry against Mewtwo and Roy's removal is that large? I mean seriously, if you find out Mewtwo isn't in the next game would that stop you from buying it? We knew Mewtwo was cut from Brawl before it released and it still sold extremely well in the Americas and Europe. Sakurai, Nintendo, and the developers and Pokemon are obviously wanting to move on to the newer generations, so bringing back a Pokemon from the first generation when his spot could have been used by a newer familiar and just as popular Pokemon is just ridiculous. Trust me, that **** "outcry" **** isn't enough to do **** for Mewtwo.

Oh, and the Dialga and Palkia thing is unique, but it just doesn't seem like it would happen. What I see is, if there is a new Adventure mode like the Subspace Emissary, you fight either Dialga or Palkia depending on the path you take in the story.

@Spydr Enzo
Your Pokemon possibilities look about right. I wouldn't completely count Mewtwo out (partially because I'm biased and partially because Mewtwo is popular and almost made it into Brawl), but I think the first two possibilities are moore likely than Mewtwo returning. However, I think Mewtwo would get in before a third Pokemon Trainer.
Sorry, I made a mistake. The third Pokemon Trainer was supposed to be just a (Next-generation Pokemon). I edited it in.

UberMario

Smash Master
I don't think it would be hard to make more than one PT model.
The alternates could use the same bones, and it isn't like PT has many animations to himself in the first place.

Scott!

Smash Lord
@Spydr Enzo

I would like to see a new mechanic for the Pokemon Trainer. The new mechanic would work like this: Every time you use Pokemon Switch, there is a 10% chance that you will transform into Psyduck, who can only attack himself. You must use the B-Down again to change into the Pokemon you originally wanted to turn into (you cannot change from Psyduck back to Psyduck again). To compensate, Pokemon Switch is much faster.
This is... strange. I don't really see the point of punishing someone for switching. I like switching time being faster, though if it isn't already like this, I'd make it necessary for the Pokemon to be on the ground to switch. *imagines crazy off-stage switching for insane gimping and recovery, as well as stalling* But Psyduck? Not sure I get why switching needs to be nerfed. That'll definitely screw over someone in a tournament at some point, and that would be dumb.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Eh. I'm going to have to think that they aren't going to put in a new gen pkmn trainer. It doesn't have appeal. Squirtle, ivysaur, and charizard were good, because EVERYONE knew them, and a lot of people wanted squirtle and charizard. (ivysaur was there pretty much by default.) I really don't think they'd make a new gen pkmn trainer.In fact, if I had to guess on a character cut for the next one, it'd be pkmn trainer. Especially if they bring mewtwo back, and throw in a new gen one. And if they keep him, I don't think they'll keep jigglypuff It'll probly be one or the other. And playing back on the legendary trainer thing, I doubt they'd do that too. They'll leave legendaries (except mewtwo) in pokeballs, or as stage background things.

New character I think will show up:
Bowser Jr: really demanded, and is in Mario's best selling game as of late, SMG1 and soon 2.

King K. Rool: Theyve needed him for awhile.

TL/YL/something new: I honestly hope they scrap him all together, add a new zelda rep, and improve on the main link himself instead of making dumb clones better.

Black Guy from Other M: if he's a major enough character. Who wouldn't play as a black guy?

Ridley: He'll be resized, just as easily as Bowser. They need more bad guys.

Mewtwo: They'll bring him back, revamp him, and as the same time, revamp Lucario to be how he should.

New gen pokemon: Fits the bill

Roy/new FE rep

New Warioware rep (probly ashley): They series has been doing pretty well, and Wario was a success in this game, why not?

THIRD PARTY
Sonic
Snake

Mega Man - the whole professor layton thing showed us that nintendo knows what we want.

Geno - ditto. Plus, would Geno really be considered 3rd party? I'd say more like 2nd. He's the creation of nintendo AND square enix. I think Nintendo would only have to put in a little effort to nab him.

Little Mac - with his new punch out game, the AT in brawl, and the professor layton thing, he stands a decent shot.

Professor Layton - if things follow thru with geno and little mac, who would doubt it?

(newer game rep)

Possible, but unlikely, characters:

Krystal - 3 starfox reps is about perfect.

Rayman - Before this whole professor layton thing, I didn't think nintendo would even throw a glance at capcom, let alone allow them inclusion to one of their best series. I figured Rayman (excluding geno, who, really if you ask me, isn't a full 3rd party) was the best shot 3rd party, due to the HUGE success of the Rabids. But Nintendo won't overload SSB with 3rds.

Knuckles - Pretty much the same reason, can't have too many 3rds.

Shadow - Nintendo, if they already don't, should know about all the custom texture hacks people have been doing on their game. They'll probly take note of that, and offer some sort of color customization (and more special alt costumes in general.) In which case, shadow, dr. mario, etc could become alt costumes.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
For the New-generation Pokemon trainers, this means whole new Pokemon with different character models and moves, so it wouldn't work as an alternate costume when it would be a whole character within itself.
I vehemently disagree with the idea of adding another pokemon trainer. I said it before and I'll say it again, that completely defeats the purpose of the first one. If you want to see other trainers, give the first one their costumes.

But if you are referring to the FireRed/LeafGreen part, I hope you know that those are just remakes of the first generation, not the third generation.
FireRed/LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald makes up the third generation of Pokémon, despite the fact that FireRed/LeafGreen were remakes of the originals.

Now as I've said before, do you honestly think the outcry against Mewtwo and Roy's removal is that large? I mean seriously, if you find out Mewtwo isn't in the next game would that stop you from buying it? We knew Mewtwo was cut from Brawl before it released and it still sold extremely well in the Americas and Europe. Sakurai, Nintendo, and the developers and Pokemon are obviously wanting to move on to the newer generations, so bringing back a Pokemon from the first generation when his spot could have been used by a newer familiar and just as popular Pokemon is just ridiculous. Trust me, that **** "outcry" **** isn't enough to do **** for Mewtwo.
Yes, for Mewtwo, not so much Roy.

"If you find out Mewtwo isn't in the next game would that stop you from buying it?" No, but I would be very disappointed that he wasn't included. The fact that I see little reason for him not to be included makes it all the more worst.

"Bringing back a Pokemon from the first generation when his spot could have been used by a newer familiar and just as popular Pokemon is just ridiculous." I think your reasoning is what's ridiculous here. In the case of pokemon, I think people are more familiar with the older generations than they are with the new ones. There's a lot of 4th gen pokemon that neither myself or others have paid much attention to. If it weren't for that one Lucario movie, I would've never thought he was popular. Also, to claim that the newer pokemon are more popular than Mewtwo whose been all over the place, from games to movies and so forth, is equally ludicrous.

"Trust me, that **** "outcry" **** isn't enough to do **** for Mewtwo." It does, because it shows how wanted he is. Mewtwo is a popular character, more so than many of the newer pokemons. I'd add him in before I add a 5th gen pokemon.

Oh, and the Dialga and Palkia thing is unique, but it just doesn't seem like it would happen. What I see is, if there is a new Adventure mode like the Subspace Emissary, you fight either Dialga or Palkia depending on the path you take in the story.
I strive for uniqueness. The more unique the battle, the more enjoyable the experience is for me, personally. I've seen your idea in many games, my idea is in very few games. =P

TL/YL/something new: I honestly hope they scrap him all together, add a new zelda rep, and improve on the main link himself instead of making dumb clones better.
Keep Toon Link and add in Tingle.

Black Guy from Other M: if he's a major enough character. Who wouldn't play as a black guy?
Ridley is more deserving, I'd think.

Mewtwo: They'll bring him back, revamp him, and as the same time, revamp Lucario to be how he should.
Kudos to you.

Roy/new FE rep
New rep. ;]

New Warioware rep (probly ashley): They series has been doing pretty well, and Wario was a success in this game, why not?
I'm thinking Mona and Jimmy T.

Rayman - Before this whole professor layton thing, I didn't think nintendo would even throw a glance at capcom, let alone allow them inclusion to one of their best series. I figured Rayman (excluding geno, who, really if you ask me, isn't a full 3rd party) was the best shot 3rd party, due to the HUGE success of the Rabids. But Nintendo won't overload SSB with 3rds.
Sukapon would be better, in my opinion.

*Sonic characters*
Sonic is already in Brawl.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
If you'll buy the game, Nintendo and Pokemon won't give a flying **** which Pokemon characters are in it. In the future, there will be more deserving, newer characters. Having Mewtwo along with five other first gen reps is crazy when there are newer Pokemon, more familiar by new players that also recieve the same amount of popularity. Mewtwo isn't returning, end of story.

Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald introduced new Pokemon, which makes it a new generation. FireRed and LeafGreen were remakes of the first generation games, and didn't introduce any new Pokemon. Just because it was released around the same time as Ruby and Sapphire doesn't mean its the third generation.

And when I say new Pokemon Trainer, I obviously mean a Pokemon Trainer with NEW POKEMON, not just a new costume. But, you knew that right? I mean you can't be THAT naive...

n88

Smash Lord
@Scott
The Psyduck thing was a joke. I thought of it and couldn't resist posting it.

On the whole Mewtwo/Pokemon thing. Pikachu and Jiggly puff are shoo-ins, leaving three-four Pokemon spots. Possible candidates for those spots are

Pichu
Mewtwo
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
New Pokemon Trainer
Next-Gen Pokemon

I can't say what's lkely and isn't likely to happen because I don't know Sakurai's criteria well enough. What I would like to see is this:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer 2
Next-Gen Pokemon

PT2 would ideally have Lucario, Mewtwo, and somebody else. I think Deoxys would fit the bill nicely, as he was once popular for Smash, and he seems to fit a theme with Lucario and Mewtwo.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
In the future, there will be more deserving, newer characters.
Being newer =/= being more deserving.

Mewtwo has been kicking since the first game and is still insanely popular. You can't take that from him.

Having Mewtwo along with five other first gen reps is crazy when there are newer Pokemon, more familiar by new players that also recieve the same amount of popularity.
Eliminate generations from your train of thought and view the series as the Pokemon franchise. [Insert Mewtwo being with pokemon from the start and still being crazy popular]. Why would you add a newer pokemon, who has not experienced nearly what Mewtwo has, over him? Doesn't make sense to me.

Mewtwo isn't returning, end of story.
Yeah. This is where I drop out of this discussion. After I finish replying to your other statements, I'm done.

Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald introduced new Pokemon, which makes it a new generation. FireRed and LeafGreen were remakes of the first generation games, and didn't introduce any new Pokemon. Just because it was released around the same time as Ruby and Sapphire doesn't mean its the third generation.
Releasing on the Game Boy Advance is what makes FireRed/LeafGreen third generation.

And when I say new Pokemon Trainer, I obviously mean a Pokemon Trainer with NEW POKEMON, not just a new costume. But, you knew that right? I mean you can't be THAT naive...
How about we just add a 5th gen pokemon and leave the Pokemon Trainer the way he is. Yeah, I think that would be a better idea.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Being newer =/= being more deserving.
Being newer = Being more well-known.
Being more well-known = being more popular.
Being more popular = being more deserving.

Also, just for the record, Pokemon Trainer with new pokemon > 2nd Pokemon Trainer.

n88

Smash Lord
Hmmm, I should replace this with a set. (CHEW)

Superior Grokkability.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
enzo 100% agree with mewtwo not coming back. theres other pokemon, mewtwo's popularaty gone down....etc get over it.

to whom ever made the idea of dialgia vs palkia.....um why stop there. base it off the 12th movie, where its arceus, dialgia,palkia, and garitina all together. >X3. lol
hmm

more subjects, 5-6 3rd party limet
4 new company all star mascots.possibly
FF(square enix since the nes days cloud possibly)
MM (custom design suit for smash)
um 5th.... guessing bomber man or castlevania
6th-geno (well be with mario. SE wouldnt mind)

other new subject.
i keep saying louie cuz pikmin is plainly awsome and depending on the third game we can see if he would be a clone or not.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
No Louie. Third game could have just been Miyamoto refferencing those motion control versions. Also the prospect of a Pikmin 3 doesn't mean that Louie himself will be important in it. He might not be there at all, and it may focus right back on Olimar again. Or there could be a brand new player 2 for all you know. As of right now though, he'd be a total clone.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
No Louie. Third game could have just been Miyamoto refferencing those motion control versions. Also the prospect of a Pikmin 3 doesn't mean that Louie himself will be important in it. He might not be there at all, and it may focus right back on Olimar again. Or there could be a brand new player 2 for all you know. As of right now though, he'd be a total clone.
he directly said ' were making pikmin'

also said were remaking gc classics. pikmin 2 is out in japan, might be in u.s. soon. no bad reason why he should not be in

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Broken logic. Pikachu is older than say, Rayquaza. And he is more well-known, poopular and deserving. Wayne Gretzky is older, more well-known, more popular, and more desrving to make it into the Hall of Fame than Zach Parise.

That's a really bad way to support any argument.
Well, being newer is obviously not the ONLY reason for a character to get in, but it is a factor.

Mit

Smash Ace
This has been a legitimate question of mine for a while now. Why exactly is this thread in Smash Workshop? I think it made sense like, a year ago when Brawl hacking wasn't so popular, but this forum seems to be suited now for hacking and other customizing and modding of Brawl.

It would make a lot more sense if this thread was in General Brawl Discussion, and it would also cut down on the amount of noob threads we get there from people who aren't aware there is already a SSB4 thread elsewhere.

n88

Smash Lord
You're probably right, but I can't do much about it. I'd talk to a mod.

@Clownbot

Being newer can help, but it's also not as good because it means that the character doesn't have as much prestige. In terms of the Pokemon series, your logic might have merit, but other than that, it doesn't really work.

Tacel

Smash Lord
If you're new AND popular, or if you've been in many games and are popular, then you have a bigger chance of getting in Smash.
Now I'm not saying that that's the only way to get, just a way to improve your chance.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Broken logic. Pikachu is older than say, Rayquaza. And he is more well-known, poopular and deserving. Wayne Gretzky is older, more well-known, more popular, and more desrving to make it into the Hall of Fame than Zach Parise.

That's a really bad way to support any argument.
I'm going with n88_2004. I don't see any evidence to support this, or any strong argument for that matter.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
i gata agree with clown and lucario.

being newer and popular helps out alot.
Not really, truth be told. If anything, the franchises that are helped the most by this are Fire Emblem and Pokemon. Look at Brawl, for example, the only characters that weren't around when Melee came out were Lucario and Ike.

Also, who keeps bringing up Louie? Honestly, why intentionally throw in a character that would be doomed to be a Luigified clone at best? Actually, with Louie, I wouldn't even go that far because there are no true differences between him and Olimar in the games. When it comes to talking about the roster, let's try our best to avoid talking about characters who are extremelly similar to each other, shall we?

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I have compiled a HUGE list that consists of each franchise represented in Smash. Within each of these franchises are lists of possible reps you can expect to see together in SSB4. The first list of reps is usually the most likely set of reps for that franchise you can expect to see, then it continues in order of likeliness. With these compilations, I am not saying that this will be 100% correct in SSB4. I’m just giving some insight on the most possible roster and how well of a chance a certain character may have.

After each series, I will give an explanation of each of the Newcomers seen on each of the lists for that series. The description will explain why they were chosen, why they are in that particular spot on the list, and maybe a few other helpful points about them. On the bottom of the page is a complete roster, a roster that I feel is most possible for SSB4. By the time SSB4 comes out, this roster will be extremely accurate, though I’m not saying 100%. Discuss the roster and the lists, tell me what you agree or disagree with. I might end up changing a few things, but that isn’t very likely. I had a hard time coming up with any other Zelda reps than the ones listed, so if anyone has any input on those that is much appreciated.

Also, I would like to mention that each series is color-coded. So, if you're looking for a specific series, look for the color corresponding to the series listed below. Here's each series and it's color:

Mario
Donkey Kong
Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Yoshi
Kirby
Starfox
Pokemon
F-Zero
EarthBound (MOTHER)
Fire Emblem
WarioWare
Pikmin
Retro Series
Third Party Series
New Series
Possible Scrapped/Other

Anyway, here we go!

POSSIBLE MARIO REPS

1.)
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Bowser Jr.

2.)
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Toad

3.)
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Paper Mario

4.)
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Bowser Jr.
-Toad

5.)
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Bowser Jr.
-Paper Mario

BOWSER JR. ~ Bowser Jr. is a constantly recurring character in the Mario series and plays a vital role in some of the games. Bowser Jr. is both popular and recognizable, and would be a great pick for SSB4.

TOAD ~ Toad is one of the most familiar Mario characters not on the roster. Toad has been playable in many spin-off games and a few canon games, and has played a vital role in most of them. Toad is a very likely candidate for SSB4.

PAPER MARIO ~ Paper Mario has had a few popular games of his own and is another possible SSB4 Mario candidate. He isn’t quite as popular or familiar as Toad and Bowser Jr., so his chances aren’t quite as likely.

POSSIBLE DONKEY KONG REPS

1.)
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-Dixie Kong

2.)
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-King K. Rool

3.)
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong

4.)
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong
-King K. Rool

5.)
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-Dixie Kong
-King K. Rool

DIXIE KONG ~ Dixie Kong was in the final Roster cut for Super Smash Bros. Brawl and a candidate for Super Smash Bros. Melee, so Sakurai has obviously had his eye on her. Plus, she is a recurring character and was playable in two of the Donkey Kong Country games.

KING K. ROOL ~ King K. Rool is a popular character and is the main villain of most Donkey Kong games. While he is popular and familiar, he just hasn’t gotten the attention from Sakurai that Dixie Kong has.

DIDDY KONG/DIXIE KONG ~ Apparently, this was the original idea for Dixie Kong; Sakurai was intrigued by the idea of these two on a tag team. In Brawl, Diddy’s Down B animation is an awkward pose that seems as if he is reaching back to tag Dixie. Plus, his Down B was obviously last minute, as the developers had to resort to him throwing items instead of creating a new animation or object for him. This makes sense because, Dixie was cut late anyway. You can probably expect to see a Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong tag team in the future.

POSSIBLE LEGEND OF ZELDA REPS

1.)
-Link
-Zelda/Shiek
-Ganondorf
-Toon Link
-Tingle

2.)
-Link
-Zelda/Shiek
-Ganondorf
-Toon Link
-Toon Zelda

3.)
-Link
-Zelda/Shiek
-Ganondorf
-Toon Link
-Toon Zelda/Tetra

4.)
-Link
-Zelda/Shiek
-Ganondorf
-Toon Link
-Tingle
-Toon Zelda

5.)
-Link
-Zelda/Shiek
-Ganondorf
-Toon Link
-Tingle
-Toon Zelda/Tetra

TINGLE ~ I hate to admit it, but Tingle actually does have a rather good chance of getting into SSB4. He has a few of his own games and is a familiar, yet annoying face of the Legend of Zelda.

TOON ZELDA ~ Toon Zelda was the other final roster cut along with Dixie Kong. So we know that Sakurai has had his eye on her as well, which boosts up Toon Zelda’s chances pretty good. The only problem is, she would most likely be a clone character. With Tingle’s new game, he probably has his chances over her.

TOON ZELDA/TETRA ~ Along with Toon Zelda and Dixie Kong, the mysterious Toon Shiek appeared as a final roster cut. Since there has never been a Toon version of Shiek, it is safe to say that it is Toon Zelda’s alter ego, Tetra.

POSSIBLE METROID REPS

1.)
Samus/Zero Suit Samus

2.)
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

3.)
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
(New Metroid rep)

RIDLEY ~ There really aren’t much candidates in the Metroid series. Plus, the Metroid series is extremely controversial, so if we did get a new rep, it would be very hard to tell whom it would be. The most likely rep, though, is Ridley. Ridley is an EXTREMELY popular character; his only problem is size.

Some argue that he is simply too big to be a playable character and others say that he can easily be resized. I’m sort of nuetral on the debate. I believe he is very large and would work better as a boss, but I also believe that he has potential and popularity for a playable spot on the roster. In most games, Samus is about the size of his hand. Reducing him to about Bowser’s size would make him only slightly taller than Samus. Bowser’s size reduction really wasn’t that big, where as Ridley’ would have to be taken down a few sizes, which, when compared to Samus, would look very strange. Plus, if there were an Adventure Mode of some sort, Ridley would fit better as a boss.

But, Ridley does have a lot of popularity; almost equal (or equal to) Geno’s and Megaman’s popularity. He is also very deserving of recognition as playable and has enough potential for it. But, its up to Sakurai, so we can only wonder about Ridley’s chances.

(NEW METROID REP) ~ As I’ve stated earlier, Metroid is a very controversial series when it comes to Smash. It seems every major Metroid character that has potential also has something holding them back, and it’s very difficult to say what Sakurai would do. If Ridley doesn’t make it in, expect the unexpected. Anything can happen when it comes to Metroid, we’ll just have to wait and see.

POSSIBLE YOSHI REPS

1.)
-Yoshi

2a.)
-Yoshi
-Kamek

2b.)
-Yoshi
-Baby Mario Bros.

3.)
-Yoshi
-Kamek
-Baby Mario Bros.

KAMEK ~ Honestly, Kamek doesn’t have that great chances. We’ll most likely see the Yoshi series with still only one rep. But if a miracle occurs and we see another, it would be Kamek. Kamek appears as the main antagonist of the Yoshi’s Island games and plays a vital role in them.

BABY MARIO BROS. ~ The baby Mario Bros. are listed as “2b.” because they seem to have equal chances as Kamek. That means it still isn’t likely that we will get another Yoshi rep but if we do, expect Kamek or the Baby Mario Bros.

POSSIBLE KIRBY REPS

1.)
-Kirby
-Meta Knight
-King Dedede

Honestly, there is really no chance of seeing another Kirby rep in Smash. Okay, maybe I shouldn’t say NO chance, but they’re pretty dang low, too low to even be thinking of characters that could make it. However, I have seen Rick, Gooey, and Daroach suggested a lot, so if we happen to get a new Kirby rep, it will probably be one of those guys.

I know Kirby is Sakurai’s pride and joy, but the reason Meta Knight and King Dedede didn’t appear until Brawl is because Sakurai didn’t want to over include himself. Now, we got two new reps in one game, I don’t think we’ll be getting anymore anytime soon.

POSSIBLE STARFOX REPS

1.)
-Fox
-Falco
-Wolf
-Krystal

2.)
-Fox
-Falco
-Wolf

3.)
-Fox
-Falco
-Krystal

KRYSTAL ~ Krystal is one of the most (or should I say THE most) popular Starfox character not already represented in Brawl. While the series seems to be dead at the moment, they may just be in a small hiatus (Metroid didn’t get any console games in the N64 days). This doesn’t mean a popular, familiar character from one of the most recent games can’t be represented. Starfox is still popular, it will most likely happen.

Also, due to the series being in a hiatus, Krystal may not make an appearance, so don’t expect anything. Also, to save room on the Roster or limit representatives, she could very well replace Wolf, but this doesn’t seem likely, as Wolf is one of the few villains and is more recurring than Krystal. But, whose to say it couldn’t happen?

POSSIBLE POKEMON REPS

1.)
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer
-Lucario

2.)
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-(New Pokemon Trainer)
-Lucario

3.)
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer
-(New Pokemon Trainer)

4.)
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer
-Lucario
-(New Pokemon Trainer)

5.)
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer
-Lucario
-Mewtwo

6.)
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-(New Pokemon Trainer)
-Lucario
-Mewtwo
-(Next-Generation Pokemon)

7.)
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer
-Mewtwo
-(New Pokemon Trainer)

(NEXT-GENERATION POKEMON) ~ The next Generation Pokemon (5th Generation) can’t be decided right now for obvious reasons. But nevertheless, I am 99.9% confident that we will see the most popular, familiar, and deserving of the 5th Generation Pokemon cast in SSB4. I don’t know why they would leave one out…

(NEW POKEMON TRAINER) ~ Notice the word NEW does not say NEXT-GENERATION. What I mean by “new,” is a Pokemon Trainer new to Smash, not new in Pokemon. This trainer could be from any generation, or could represent all generations. He/she replaces Pokemon Trainer in one possibility because two Pokemon Trainers would create a lot of reps, and the slots some of those reps take up could be used for other deserving characters from other series. Just trying to limit the Pokemon series somewhere, its obviously what happened in Brawl.

In some cases though, if Sakurai decided to ignore the amount of reps (which doesn’t seem likely), then you can probably expect a New Pokemon Trainer to take Lucario’s place, or even more unlikely, appear on the roster along side Lucario and the original Pokemon Trainer (only if there were more than five slots).

MEWTWO ~ Mewtwo has his chances, though they are very small. If more than five slots were to be allowed for Pokemon, Mewtwo’s chances are considerably boosted. But, it still doesn’t seem very likely, as their would be a large amount of Pokemon reps that overshadow other series like Mario or Legend of Zelda. So don’t bet on Mewtwo appearing in SSB4. It’s just not very likely.

POSSIBLE F-ZERO REPS

1.)
-Captain Falcon

2.)
-Captain Falcon
-Samurai Goroh

3.)
-Captain Falcon
-Black Shadow

SAMURAI GOROH ~ The F-Zero series hasn’t gotten a new rep, and whether or not they are deserving of one is still on the fence. They seem to be on a small hiatus like Starfox, but that doesn’t mean the series is completely dead. Don’t expect to see any new F-Zero reps in SSB4. However, if we do, we will most likely see Samurai Goroh. Sakurai has obviously been paying more attention to Samurai Goroh. In Melee, he made a cameo appearance in the opening movie and was one of the five F-Zero racer trophies. Then, he was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, which boosts his chances even higher.

BLACK SHADOW ~ The Black Shadow is a popular choice, but not much more popular than Samurai Goroh. He was once a vital character in the F-Zero series, but that has dwindled considerably since he first appeared. Samurai Goroh is just way more deserving than he is; so don’t expect to see Black Shadow. In fact, don’t expect to see Samurai Goroh. I’m only saying that if there was a new F-Zero rep, it would most likely be Goroh.

POSSIBLE EARTHBOUND (MOTHER) REPS

1.)
-Ness
-Lucas

2a.)
-Ness
-Lucas
-(New Mother 3 rep)

2b.)
-Ness
-Lucas
-(New EarthBound rep)

3.)
-Ness
-Lucas
-(New EarthBound rep)
-(New Mother 3 rep)

(NEW MOTHER 3 REP) ~ First of all, don’t be surprised if we don’t see a new EarthBound (MOTHER) rep. This series is difficult, because while it is a dead series, it is obviously still very popular and recognizable by gamers everywhere. Plus, these were some of Sakurai’s favorite games, his actual favorite being Mother 3. Since Mother 3 is the most recent, it seems likely that if we did get a new rep, it would be from Mother 3. Candidates for this include Flint, Kumatora, Duster, and Claus.

(NEW EARTHBOUND/MOTHER 3 REP) ~ EarthBound (Ness’s game) was the only game in the series to be released internationally. Therefore, Sakurai may want to include more internationally recognizable characters from the series instead of more Japan Only ones. It is labeled “2b.” because I believe the two have equal chances for each of their own reasons that I mentioned above. Candidates for this spot include Jeff, Paula, and Poo.

Now the chances are very low, but Sakurai may decide to include a character from both EarthBound and Mother 3, just to get a newer character in, but also provide more recognizable characters from the beloved series. The chances of this are very low though, considering we may not even get a new rep for the series anyway.

POSSIBLE FIRE EMBLEM REPS

1a.)
-Marth
-Ike
-(Next-generation Fire Emblem Lord)

1b.)
-Marth
-Ike
-Micaiah

1c.)
-Marth
-Ike
-Lyn

2a.)
-Marth
-Ike
-Micaiah

2b.)
-Marth
-Ike
-Lyn

2c.)
-Marth
-Ike
-Micaiah
-Lyn

(NEXT-GENERATION FIRE EMBLEM LORD) ~ The Fire Emblem series is slowly growing more popular, and the series is still going. It doesn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon either. If there is a new generation of Fire Emblem characters appearing in a future game around the time of SSB4’s development, you can expect to see one of the new Fire Emblem Lord’s in SSB4.

MICAIAH ~ Micaiah was the other Lord along side Ike in the most recent Fire Emblem game. If we don’t get a new generation, we’ll most likely see her, as she is popular, deserving, and unique in that she uses magic instead of swords unlike the other Fire Emblem characters represented in Smash.

LYN ~ Lyn is just as popular as Micaiah and Sakurai has had his eye on her, making her an Assist Trophy and the such. Her only problem is she isn’t as recent as Micaiah. One of her other ups though is the fact that she represents the generation in the middle of Marth and Ike instead of a new rep for the recent generation like Micaiah. For these reasons, their chances are equal if we don’t see a new Fire Emblem rep.

If Sakurai decides to put in two more Fire Emblem reps and there happens to be a new generation, then either Lyn or Micaiah will appear along side the next-generation rep. They have equal chances. Micaiah would be good because she is newer and probably more recognizable by younger player being introduced to Smash and she is unique as well, but Lyn would be good because she is popular, familiar, and would fill the generation gap between Marth and Ike. She also has the side of Sakurai’s apparent favor. If there is no next-generation, there is a chance they may appear together, but this still doesn’t seem likely.

POSSIBLE WARIOWARE REPS

1.)
-Wario

2.)
-Wario
-(New WarioWare rep)

(NEW WARIOWARE REP) ~ Seriously, don’t bet on a new WarioWare character appearing in SSB4. Sure the series is doing pretty good, but they really don’t need that much representation. But on the freak chance that they somehow did get a new rep, it would be any one of these candidates: Captain Syrup, Mona, Ashley, and 9-Volt. But like I said, don’t bet on a new WarioWare rep, the chances are extremely unlikely.

POSSIBLE PIKMIN REPS

1.)
-Olimar

2.)
-Olimar
-Louie

LOUIE ~ Like the WarioWare series, don’t expect much from Pikmin. Chances of a new rep are extremely low, I’m almost confident that we won’t see a new rep for either the Pikmin series or the WarioWare series. But, if we somehow did get a new rep, it would no doubt be Louie. Louie was the co-star of Pikmin 2 so it makes sense. But seriously, don’t expect a new Pikmin rep, I am confident it won’t happen.

POSSIBLE RETRO REPS

I’m going to d this section a little differently. I’m just going to list all the possible reps and why they are deserving (in no particular order), plus the combinations. Here we go:

LITTLE MAC ~ Little Mac is from the popular game series Punch-Out!!, which has recently gotten a new game. This also brings up the question, “is he even Retro anymore?” but that’s not important right now. Punch-Out!! Was among one of Sakurai’s favorite NES games and Little Mac was even an assist trophy, so it definitely has its recognition. Little Mac is very possible for SSB4.

BALLOON FIGHTER ~ Balloon Fighter is from a game called Balloon Fight, which ranks among one of Sakurai’s favorite NES games along with Punch-Out!!. Balloon Fighter has his ups because he is a very unique character, and apparently Sakurai enjoys designing more when he can have fun with it, which wouldn’t be the case for Little Mac. But he doesn’t have the popularity and familiarity that Little Mac does, so it’s hard to say.

EXCITE BIKER/URBAN CHAMPION/BUBBLES ~ After seeing these characters, you may think, “WTF!?” I honestly don’t think any of these characters have much of a chance, but here is why they are here; Before Melee, Sakurai had a list of four Retro characters that he wanted to include in Melee. Ice Climbers, Excite Biker, Urban Champion, and Bubbles from Clu Clu Land. He felt that the Ice Climbers had the most potential and they made the roster. I don’t think any of the other characters have a chance, but I felt they were worthy of mention.

TAKAMARU ~ Takamaru is a Japanese Character, which is probably one of his cons. Sakurai has stated he wants to include mostly internationally known characters, but that doesn’t mean he won’t add a few every one in a while. In Melee, we got Marth and Roy. In Brawl, we got Lucas. Whose to say a Japanese character in SSB4 won’t happen? The chances really aren’t that great though.

After this, their really aren’t many other characters that would make the cut. The only other two would be Donbe from Shin Onigashima and Sukapon from Joy Mech Fight, but they really don’t have a chance. We usually get two retro reps per game, so we could very possibly get two in SSB4. The reps are usually a normal retro character and a WTF character. However, no one said there had to be a WTF character and no one said they had to be retro, that’s just how it turned out. So assuming we get two new retro reps as usual, we can get possibilities like this:

1.)
-Little Mac
-Balloon Fighter

2.)
-Little Mac
-Takamaru

3.)
-Balloon Fighter
-Takamaru

These three possibilities seem most likely. If you really insist on there being a WTF character, you can assume Little Mac or Balloon Fighter will be in there (but only one of them) along with a Japanese only character replacing a WTF character or one of the three Melee Candidates listed above. But like I said, there really doesn’t need to be a retro WTF character. Also, if the “two retro per game” trend doesn’t continue, you can expect something like this:

4.)
-Little Mac

5.)
-Balloon Fighter

6.)
-Little Mac
-Balloon Fighter
-Takamaru

POSSIBLE THIRD PARTY REPS

Third Party is very controversial right now. Nobody even knows if Sonic or Snake will return, though the chances of them being cut aren’t very low. Still, we can expect anything from Third Party characters, so here are the possibilities in no particular order.

1a.)
(None)

1b.)
-Sonic
-Snake

1c.)
-Megaman

1d.)
-Sonic
-Snake
-Megaman

1e.)
-Megaman
-Geno

1f.)
-Sonic
-Snake
-Megaman
-Geno

MEGAMAN ~ Megaman is the most obvious choice for a new Third Party rep. He is currently one of the most popular characters for Smash, and Sakurai can’t ignore that. Plus, he is familiar and very deserving with his wide variety of games. If there are New Third Parties in SSB4, Megaman will no doubt be on the list. It s also possible that he will be the only new Third Party, as you can’t overload the game with too much of these guys.

GENO ~ He’s only been in one game, and he wasn’t even the star. So it baffles me, why does he have such a large fan base supporting him for an SSB title? You can’t ignore his popularity, which almost matches Megaman’s. He’s just not as likely as Megaman. And for some reason, the whole Professor Layton/Twitter Incident has got me thinking, maybe its more possible than we think. He has chances, but don’t bet on him appearing in SSB4.

POSSIBLE NEW SERIES REPS

Any of the series listed below have a good chance of being represented either through a stage or through characters. The ones toward the top of the list have more of a chance of being represented through a character than those at the bottom.

-Golden Sun
-Custom Robo
-Advance Wars

GOLDEN SUN ~ With a new game on the way, this popular series seems like a good choice for representation in SSB4. The obvious character would be Isaac, no doubt about that. Isaac also got an Assist Trophy, so that is a boost. If we were to see any new series represented with a character in SSB4, you can expect it to be Golden Sun.

CUSTOM ROBO ~ Custom Robo has been a popular series in Japan for a long time, and it is becoming more popular in America. Ray Mk III was an Assist Trophy, so he would be a likely choice for representation. You can definitely expect some sort of representation possibly with a character or maybe with a stage. I’m not saying that it will for sure happen though.

ADVANCE WARS ~ Advance Wars is doing pretty good and slowly growing more popular. The series doesn’t seem dead yet either. This series also got an Assist Trophy in Brawl, which is a boost. Seeing an Advance Wars character wouldn’t be too surprising, yet it really doesn’t seem that likely. The only problem is the character that would represent it.

In Brawl, we got two new series (WarioWare and Pikmin), plus two new retro series (Kid Icarus and Gyromite). You can expect to see two new series represented along with two retro series. These two series would most likely be Golden Sun and Custom Robo with Isaac and Ray Mk III. If we got three, expect Advance Wars. If we got only one, expect Golden Sun or possibly a lesser chance of Custom Robo.

ACCURATE SSB4 ROSTER PREDICTION

This Roster prediction is a compilation of the most likely rep sets from each series listed above. Look to the bottom of the post for the roster status, which contains info on size, newcomers, etc. Also, there are five “possible scrapped” characters that are also listed towards the bottom.

MARIO
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

DONKEY KONG
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong

LEGEND OF ZELDA
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Tingle

METROID
Samus/Zero Suit Samus

YOSHI
Yoshi

KIRBY
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

STARFOX
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

POKEMON
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
(Next-generation Pokemon)

F-ZERO
Captain Falcon

EARTHBOUND (MOTHER)
Ness
Lucas

FIRE EMBLEM
Marth
Ike
Micaiah, Lyn, or (New Fire Emblem Lord)

WARIOWARE
Wario

PIKMIN
Olimar

RETRO SERIES
Ice Climbers
Pit
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch
Little Mac

THIRD PARTY
Sonic
Snake
Megaman

NEW SERIES (1)
Isaac

POSSIBLE SCRAPPED CHARACTERS
(New Metroid rep)
(New EarthBound/MOTHER 3 rep)
Samurai Goroh
Balloon Fighter
Ray Mk III

ROSTER STATUS
Total Characters ~ 44
Veterans ~ 35
Newcomers ~ 9

Total Characters (With Transformations) ~ 48
Veterans (With Transformations) ~ 39

Total Characters (with scrapped/transformations) ~ 53
Newcomers (with scrapped/transformations) ~ 14

So, what do you think of this? This is my most accurate roster yet, I’m sure we’ll see something very similar to this in SSB4.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Spydr Enzo said:
WALL OF TEXT
My response (I'm doing this really briefly, mind you)~

MARIO POSSIBILITIES-
I'm really, really torn on this one. I quite frankly see all of those having equal possibilities.

DK POSSIBILITIES-
I'm going with #5, fo sho. I don't think two new reps is out of the question for DK.

ZELDA POSSIBILITIES-
It's pretty close, but I'd have to go with #1.

METROID POSSIBILITIES-
For now, I'm going with #2. I could see Metroid getting 2 new reps as well, though.

YOSHI POSSIBILITIES-
Eh, Yoshi is fine as is if you ask me.

STAR FOX POSSIBILITIES-
I'ma have to go with #2. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Krystal, but I think Star Fox is fine as is.

POKEMON POSSIBILITIES-
It's a tie between #1 and #2 for me. No second Pokemon Trainer, and Lucario and Mewtwo probably won't be in the same game at once.

F-ZERO POSSIBILITIES-
Again, a tie between #1 and #2 here. I've never really played F-Zero, but A.) Samurai Goroh probably has more non-cloned potential and B.) F-Zero probably won't get any new reps at all if a new game doesn't come out between now and Smash 4.

MOTHER/EARTHBOUND POSSIBILITIES-
Never played the games. If I had to pick, though, I'd go with #1.

FIRE EMBLEM POSSIBILITIES:
#1a. Although, I think Ike has a chance (a VERY MINISCULE chance, but one nonetheless) of being cut, and there's also a chance of FE's current roster staying the same.

WARIO POSSIBILITIES-
Another tie. :p

PIKMIN POSSIBILITIES-
#1. Needs no explanation.

RETRO POSSIBILITIES-
If I had to pick one of the ones listed, I'd go with #1. I still think a "WTF?" character could make a rise, though.

3RD PARTY POSSIBILITIES-
WRITE-IN VOTE:
Sonic
Mega Man
Ryu Hayabusa

NEW SERIES POSSIBILITIES-
No Animal Crossing=:mad:, but I think GS and Custom Robo have good chances of appearing. I don't have much to say about Advance Wars; I don't play the games, and I don't really hear as much about them as Golden Sun, and maybe even Custom Robo and Animal Crossing. So if I had to pick two, it would be Golden Sun and Animal Crossing. In Sakurai's situation, it'd probably be Golden Sun and Custom Robo OR Golden Sun and Advance Wars.

That's my 2 cents.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
My response (I'm doing this really briefly, mind you)~

MARIO POSSIBILITIES-
I'm really, really torn on this one. I quite frankly see all of those having equal possibilities.

DK POSSIBILITIES-
I'm going with #5, fo sho. I don't think two new reps is out of the question for DK.

ZELDA POSSIBILITIES-
It's pretty close, but I'd have to go with #1.

METROID POSSIBILITIES-
For now, I'm going with #2. I could see Metroid getting 2 new reps as well, though.

YOSHI POSSIBILITIES-
Eh, Yoshi is fine as is if you ask me.

STAR FOX POSSIBILITIES-
I'ma have to go with #2. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Krystal, but I think Star Fox is fine as is.

POKEMON POSSIBILITIES-
It's a tie between #1 and #2 for me. No second Pokemon Trainer, and Lucario and Mewtwo probably won't be in the same game at once.

F-ZERO POSSIBILITIES-
Again, a tie between #1 and #2 here. I've never really played F-Zero, but A.) Samurai Goroh probably has more non-cloned potential and B.) F-Zero probably won't get any new reps at all if a new game doesn't come out between now and Smash 4.

MOTHER/EARTHBOUND POSSIBILITIES-
Never played the games. If I had to pick, though, I'd go with #1.

FIRE EMBLEM POSSIBILITIES:
#1a. Although, I think Ike has a chance (a VERY MINISCULE chance, but one nonetheless) of being cut, and there's also a chance of FE's current roster staying the same.

WARIO POSSIBILITIES-
Another tie. :p

PIKMIN POSSIBILITIES-
#1. Needs no explanation.

RETRO POSSIBILITIES-
If I had to pick one of the ones listed, I'd go with #1. I still think a "WTF?" character could make a rise, though.

3RD PARTY POSSIBILITIES-
WRITE-IN VOTE:
Sonic
Mega Man
Ryu Hayabusa

NEW SERIES POSSIBILITIES-
No Animal Crossing=:mad:, but I think GS and Custom Robo have good chances of appearing. I don't have much to say about Advance Wars; I don't play the games, and I don't really hear as much about them as Golden Sun, and maybe even Custom Robo and Animal Crossing. So if I had to pick two, it would be Golden Sun and Animal Crossing. In Sakurai's situation, it'd probably be Golden Sun and Custom Robo OR Golden Sun and Advance Wars.

That's my 2 cents.
The Mario series isn't too controversial. Bowser Jr. has a great chance along with Toad, but his just happens to be a bit greater. Paper Mario really doesn't have t great of a chance, but if he doesn't get a stage in SSB4, I'll be surprised.

Two Donkey Kong reps is possible, just not very likely. But I wouldn't be surprised if we got two new DK reps. They would obviously be King K. Rool and Dixie Kong. Also, I'm kind of attracted to #4, I just like the tag team idea, but I acknowledge it isn't likely.

I have to agree with your comments on everything else. /and about the Animal Crosser, I didn't add him/her/whatever the hell it is for the same reasons you mentioned. I try to think like Sakurai. My motto (when it comes to this thread) is "WWSD; What Would Sakurai Do?". I don't think he'll include a playable Animal Crossing character, but Golden Sun, Custom Robo, and Advance Wars are very likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom