• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
there is nothing wrong with changing the game, but you guys talking about meters have it all wrong. It needs to change in OTHER ways, adding meters is just making it like every other fighter. It doesn't need meters, it needs O-R-I-G-I-N-A-L ideas to truly succeed.

the game has changed through added characters, new play styles have been introduced with characters like R.O.B. and Pit, I can only see this trend to continue. I do hope they continue to add depth and something to really reward people who like to play it a lot, that is what has made smash so great to begin with.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
there is nothing wrong with changing the game, but you guys talking about meters have it all wrong. It needs to change in OTHER ways, adding meters is just making it like every other fighter. It doesn't need meters, it needs O-R-I-G-I-N-A-L ideas to truly succeed.
And "staying towards it's roots" is to stay unorthodox or nontraditional as far as Smash Bros. is concerned. Some people here are making it seem as if the meter is binded by convention. It's not. The presence of one or something similar to one doesn't automatically make Smash Bros. more traditional or conventional.
And if you really want to get technical with it, I can argue that Smash Bros. isn't "original" at all. However, it's approach to the fighting genre is what separates it from other fighters, hence being unorthodox.

the game has changed through added characters, new play styles have been introduced with characters like R.O.B. and Pit, I can only see this trend to continue.
Adding more characters isn't legitimate change. It's something more natural, like knowing how the sun will rise every day. We know more characters are added with each iteration. You even stated as much yourself, it's like a trend in some aspects.

I do hope they continue to add depth and something to really reward people who like to play it a lot, that is what has made smash so great to begin with.
I strongly agree with this though. =P

Anyway, I'm getting tired of this talk about meters since it seems not much is changing. Can we move on to something else, please? lol

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Anyway, I'm getting tired of this talk about meters since it seems not much is changing. Can we move on to something else, please? lol
GREAT IDEA! I've been waiting for this storm to pass!

-Okay HERE WE GO! I've thought about this for a long time... After all the heated debates over which character should be in and the roster size, etc., I've decided to create a Roster that everybody (or a majority of the people) can agree on. This will be the official Smash Boards SSB4 Roster prediction.

-It works like this... If you don't see a character on the roster that you feel is very deserving of a spot, suggest them and put up a good fight. If there are many people supporting your fight, the character may appear on the roster. You can remove characters in the same way.

-I will not be biased on this at all (yes, that means if Little Mac gets on the Roster and Balloon Fighter doesn't, I'll have to deal with it). I will begin the roster by adding only veteran characters that have the most potential for returning. If their not on, the may only have a slight chance, and can easily be added back on.

-To read about the Current Debate, skip to the bottom of the post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OFFICIAL SMASH BOARDS SSB4 ROSTER PREDICTION

MARIO
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

DONKEY KONG
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

LEGEND OF ZELDA
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf

METROID
Samus/Zero Suit Samus

YOSHI
Yoshi

KIRBY
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

STARFOX
Fox
Falco

POKEMON
Pikachu
Jigglypuff

F-ZERO
Captain Falcon

EARTHBOUND (MOTHER)
Ness
Lucas

FIRE EMBLEM
Marth
Ike

WARIOWARE
Wario

PIKMIN
Pikmin

RETRO SERIES (Ice Climber, Kid Icarus, Game & Watch)
Ice Climbers
Pit
Mr. Game & Watch

THIRD PARTY
---

ROSTER STATUS

Veterans: ~ 30
Newcomers: ~ 0
Cut Characters: ~ 7
Total Characters: ~ 30

CURREN CUT CHARACTERS:
Toon Link
Wolf
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
R.O.B.
Sonic
Snake

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~> CURRENT DEBATE! <~~

-Before we can add many characters to the roster, we need to think, what should we cap the roster at? The roster seems to go up around 10 characters every game, so I would say we can expect anywhere from 46 - 55 characters. But we need to come up with an exact number. What should we cap the roster size at?The most recent suggestion was 50, not including transformations. This sounds like a good sized roster, as their is still room for more transformations.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
GREAT IDEA! I've been waiting for this storm to pass!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

But, I'm not sure how I'm going to make this post useful. I'll edit in something that I feel will create a good conversation... or somebody else can. :laugh:
Please do!

I'm not sure of any good subjects to talk about at the moment either, but I'll likely edit this once I come up with something. lol

Clownbot

Smash Lord
AT MOST, the roster size should be 50. When I say 50, I mean on the CSS, not inclluding transformation characters like Pokemon Trainer/Sheik/ZSS.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
50 is good I say.

Also....why do Wolf/Falco have enough pottential to return, while characters like Ike and R.O.B. are not? You should at least have just put Wolf down there.
I understand that these characters are very controversial when it comes to this. Falco is more of a clone than Wolf but he's been around longer so Wolf seems just as likely to be cut. I'll take both of them out I guess, but R.O.B. and Ike stay cut until it is decided if they should stay or not (They both have a very good chance).

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I guess I'll go ahead and post this.

For your consideration...

CUT CHARACTERS THAT SHOULD RETURN​

Toon Link:
He definitely needs a few moveset tweaks, but with LoZ: Spirit Tracks, he has a bit more possibility of returning.

Pokemon Trainer:
Kind of a given, if you ask me. He represents the Pokemon series AS A WHOLE better than both Pikachu and Jigglypuff. He is THE character. The one you actually play as. Whether or not he gets new pokemon? That's kind of up in the air.

Sonic:
Fan demand. Popularity. Again, it seems like a given that Sonic should return; the only thing standing in his way is the possibility that there won't be 3rd Parties in Smash (which I doubt will happen, mind you).

Hope I could give some insight. :ohwell:

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
...jiggily is more likely to stay seriosly. a bit bias but IT douse have a likely hood of being cut though.

rob dous'nt go any where, and neither douse ike.
toon link too, if hes abled to be decloned.
we know sonics staying

suggestions.

saki
issac
felix/ds desendent(yes 2 gs reps) starfy
advance war rep
custom robo rep

toad
birdo
skull kid
vaati
darkrai/pkmn rival
5th gen pokemon
goo(not sure name is black blob in kirby)
ridley
louie
krystal
wolf link(down b transformation)
(rob skin, rob with visual boy attached)dousnt count
black shadow

3rd party
(sonic
snake)
knuckles
dig dug >_>
mega man
geno
bomber man

also minus ness and jiggily(tentive)
not bad, but i think i forgat somtin.
i dont count transformations either.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I agree, 50 is good with no more than 58 if you count all transformations and alternating characters (which is currently just Pokemon Trainer).

Like pieman, I do have a few objections so far.

1. Falco should be up on that list. Putting the Star Fox games aside for a moment, so far nobody who's been in at least two Smash games has been removed and I'm very confident that this trend will continue.

2. ROB should be up on that list as well. So far, no body who represents their own franchise has been removed either. Snake and Sonic would be the exceptions to this case because they are third party and Nintendo doesn't decide if they stay. It also helps that he has an original moveset because, aside from Mewtwo, all the removed characters so far have been clones.

3. Ike should also be up there too. So far, no body who's been in the starting roster has gotten the boot either. I also think Ike's going to stick around because he's the only major Fire Emblem character who's been playable in more than one game in the Fire Emblem franchise.

I'm personally on the fence about Toon Link given how similar he is to Young Link so, technically, it could be said that he falls under the same category as Falco but, in a sense, he could be counted as a seperate identity.

So, to recap about characters who are usually safe from getting cut:

1. Characters with original movesets.
2. Characters who represent their own franchise (excluding third party).
3. Characters who have already been in at least two Smash games.
4. Characters who have been in the starting roster in at least one game.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Hope I could give some insight. :ohwell:
Thanks for the insight. I realize the Pokemon Trainer is very likely to return, so I may go ahead and put him up there. Like you said, what Pokemon he uses is hard to say right now, but I'll be safe guessing Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle for right now.

Sonic and Toon Link are still a bit controversial though, but I do understand that Toon Link has very good chances of returning. Sonic only got in because of popularity, and he will most likely stay because of popularity, but these two characters I will leave out for now.

...jiggily is more likely to stay seriosly. a bit bias but IT douse have a likely hood of being cut though.

we know sonics staying
This roster isn't about bias, and I honestly don't think Jigglypuff will be going anywhere.

Everyone agrees that Ike should stay, so I'll put him up there. After all, he kind of represents most of the Fire Emblem games of the Americas. Ike stays.

Toon Link and R.O.B. are a bit controversial, we can't say anything about them just yet. And we don't "know" that Sonic is staying. If he does, its because of popularity. Sonic is hanging on the edge right now...

I agree, 50 is good with no more than 58 if you count all transformations and alternating characters (which is currently just Pokemon Trainer).

Like pieman, I do have a few objections so far.

1. Falco should be up on that list. Putting the Star Fox games aside for a moment, so far nobody who's been in at least two Smash games has been removed and I'm very confident that this trend will continue.

2. ROB should be up on that list as well. So far, no body who represents their own franchise has been removed either. Snake and Sonic would be the exceptions to this case because they are third party and Nintendo doesn't decide if they stay. It also helps that he has an original moveset because, aside from Mewtwo, all the removed characters so far have been clones.

3. Ike should also be up there too. So far, no body who's been in the starting roster has gotten the boot either. I also think Ike's going to stick around because he's the only major Fire Emblem character who's been playable in more than one game in the Fire Emblem franchise.

I'm personally on the fence about Toon Link given how similar he is to Young Link so, technically, it could be said that he falls under the same category as Falco but, in a sense, he could be counted as a seperate identity.

So, to recap about characters who are usually safe from getting cut:

1. Characters with original movesets.
2. Characters who represent their own franchise (excluding third party).
3. Characters who have already been in at least two Smash games.
4. Characters who have been in the starting roster in at least one game.
I will put Falco up on that list. Wolf is still on the edge, hanging alongside RO.B. I believe R.O.B. has a good chance, and you put up a good argument for him, so you'll probably see him up there in the future. Ike is going up there as well. Agreed with Toon Link.

And don't forget that Mewtwo had an original moveset but was still cut. But that was probably due to shortening the amount of Pokemon reps and allowing more next-gen Pokemon like Lucario.

Clownbot

Smash Lord

we know sonics staying

suggestions.

saki
issac
felix/ds desendent(yes 2 gs reps)
Eh, two reps-- I mean, CHARACTERS-- seems like a bit of a stretch to me.
starfy
advance war rep
custom robo rep
Yes to this

toad
birdo
Probably won't happen, sorry.
skull kid
Same as Birdo.
vaati
darkrai/pkmn rival
If by rival you mean A rivaling Trainer, then no.
5th gen pokemon
goo(not sure name is black blob in kirby)
I believe it's Gooey, but the Kirby series has enough reps right now.
ridley
louie
Once again, I think one rep should suffice for Pikmin.
krystal
wolf link(down b transformation)
If Wolf Link doesn't reappear in a future title, then no.
(rob skin, rob with visual boy attached)dousnt count
black shadow

3rd party
(sonic
snake)
knuckles
Shadow will probably be the second Sonic rep. *puts up flame shield*
dig dug >_>
Uh-uh.
mega man
geno
Look under Dig Dug
bomber man

also minus ness and jiggily(tentive)
not bad, but i think i forgat somtin.
i dont count transformations either.
Comments in bold.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
I kinda doubt the appearance of Ray 01 and Black Shadow. And as much as I want to see Tingle in the game, I dont see it happening, but i think he has a greater chance than Ray 01 and Black Shadow.

And i just want to insert one thought into this. I remember watching the melee opening movie, and i remember a few words appearing...

Nintendo All Stars​

Now i know this has certainly changed since the release of brawl. I think, maybe for the better, ever since melee, nintendo has been including some characters we wouldnt view as nintendo all stars. But I think for SSB4, we should more strictly enforce the idea of Nintendo All Stars, with a few exceptions here and there.

Just a thought.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Basically, if I had made the list of characters that have a chance of getting the boot from most likely to least, it'd be something like this:

1. Lucario (Will no doubt be replaced from someone from the 5th generation, it's practically inevitable.)
2. Wolf (Closest character to a clone that goes against the "rules" I already stated.)
3. Snake (Third party)
4. Sonic (Third party but obnoxiously popular)

Characters who may or may not be cut depending on how the developers view them:

1. Toon Link (It could be said that he has technically already been in two games due to his very strong similarities to Young Link. He, however, does not have a completely original moveset and, like Wolf, could be categorized as a semi/Luigified clone.)

2. Pokemon Trainer (Has an original moveset and has been part of the starting roster in one game but there is the very small chance that he might be replaced by another trainer from a different generation with a whole new set of pokemon.)

Also, I know it's already been agreed about Ike but there would be nothing wrong with Fire Emblem having three reps seeing how the series has been around almost as long as Metroid and has almost as many games as Zelda. I just wanted to put that out there.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
That introduction/list to the topic sure isn't pretentious. No sir.

Yeah, I also doubt Black Shadow...a lot. Especailly if its just for the sole purpose of dumping of Ganondorf's old moveset. Odds are Ganny will just keep that moveset with a few more decloned moves in the next game. The only real F-Zero rep that should get in right now is Goroh, and that quite frankly is somewhat unlikely in of itself. (There's other things I disagree with, but eh, I've said most of those things already)

Edit: Also as I've said about Lucario before, he's very likely to stay due to the reason he was put in, aka giving the generation split more divisity. If he's cut for the next game in favor of a 5th (or 6th) gen rep, it only makes the problem worse. Remember that Jiggs was the one who was almost cut for Mewtwo, not Lucario.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Here's what you'll end up with, as long as the people contributing aren't idiots.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6537749&postcount=14431

The only two characters on that roster that might be cut are the new FE Lord and Lucario.
99.9% AGREED! Everyone is always about putting as much characters as possible into their roster, which I DO NOT agree with. AT MOST I see 50 characters appearing in the game, any more just doesn't seem likely a all.

Here is what I would change that to, however...

MARIO
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

DONKEY KONG
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong

LEGEND OF ZELDA
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Toon Link
Ganondorf
Tingle (I have to admit it :,()

METROID
Samus/Zero Suit Samus

YOSHI
Yoshi

KIRBY
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

STARFOX
Fox
Falco
Wolf

POKEMON
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
(next-generation Pokemon)

F-ZERO
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

MOTHER
Ness
Lucas

FIRE EMBLEM
Marth
Ike
(New Fire Emblem Lord rep)

WARIOWARE
Wario

PIKMIN
Olimar

RETRO
Ice Climbers
Pit
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch

THIRD PARTY
Sonic
Snake

NEW SERIES
Little Mac
[New Retro rep (Balloon Fighter and Takamaru have best chances)]
(New Series rep)

POSSIBLE SCRAPPED
[New Metroid rep (Ridley has best chance)]
[New Pokemon Trainer (replacing Lucario or Pokemon Trainer)]
Krystal
(New Mother rep)
(New Series rep)
Megaman

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
I agree with most of it but I think ROB has a good chance of coming back (he wasn't insanely popular in Brawl, but neither was G&W in Melee... and plus, he's got a unique and solid moveset) and I doubt Black Shadow will be in.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Oh my god... I left this website more than a year ago, when this thread only had about 80 or so pages. I am shocked that this is still alive...

Wow, I miss Show Me Your News.. Are Youko and SamuraiPanda still mods?

(Yeah I know, off topic, but geez, its been so long! :) )

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I haven't been here too long, but yeah, I'm pretty sure they're both still mods.

No offense, but... couldn't you have just checked?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Oh yeah, Ray 01 wouldn't be on there if it weren't for him being an AT. Black Shadow is getting on, assuming we get another F-Zero game by SSB4. Which will happen, unless Nintendo hates me.

I don't see either of the third parties being cut either.
But why? Black Shadow didn't have much of a role in X, and was downplayed considerably in GX. Given that trend, he's going to be a complete joke in the next game. Yes he was the main threat in the anime, but so is Giovanni and team rocket in Pokemon.

And since Black Shadow has no moves, the assumption that Ganondorf will trade off his moveset is what you're banking on, which quite frankly is unlikely.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Edit: Also as I've said about Lucario before, he's very likely to stay due to the reason he was put in, aka giving the generation split more divisity. If he's cut for the next game in favor of a 5th (or 6th) gen rep, it only makes the problem worse. Remember that Jiggs was the one who was almost cut for Mewtwo, not Lucario.
There's really no evidence that Nintendo even really cares about the gap. I mean with Brawl they technically adding three more reps from the first generation. 83.33% of the playable pokemon characters were first generation. If anything, they "keep the balance" through the pokeball pokemon.

Oh my god... I left this website more than a year ago, when this thread only had about 80 or so pages. I am shocked that this is still alive...

Yes, Youko and Samuraipanda are still MODs but neither of them post that much anymore (at least not in the open).

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, Ray 01 wouldn't be on there if it weren't for him being an AT. Black Shadow is getting on, assuming we get another F-Zero game by SSB4. Which will happen, unless Nintendo hates me.

I don't see either of the third parties being cut either.
add sin and punishment and ill call it a day =-)

welcome back

ThatAintTripping

Smash Rookie
I have high hopes for SSB4, and hope it will be a very good game. I assume that it will follow in Brawl's footsteps and continue to make improvements that it made from Melee's gameplay.

For example, tripping made the game more fun. Adding in a random element that happens when you perform the simplest of actions, move, makes it more fun when hilarious things happen. SSB4 can follow this up by doing a few things. First, increase the probability of tripping randomly at least fourfold, as there are some matches where I don't even see people trip! It's ridiculous. Secondly, create some form of "air tripping." I mean, when you jump in real life, it's not always perfect, right? Some jumps should barely leave the ground, and sometimes you should trip upon landing. It makes for a more realistic and more fun physics engine. Thirdly, make it so sometimes, when shielding, a character drops their guard for no apparent reason. Granted, there is no real life comparison for this like tripping/air tripping, but assuming we could magically make protective bubbles appear around us, we would probably mess up every once in awhile.

Another major issue is that of the change in air dodging from Melee to Brawl. Melee had directional airdodging (and coincidentally, wavedashing) while Brawl had no-momentum airdodging, and you could do so repeatedly. I think that the best compromise for SSB4 would be to combine the two air dodges. Make it so it has little lag and can be done repeatedly (like Brawl) but ALSO be done directionally (like Melee). This is the perfect balance, brings back wavedashing, and nobody can complain about it. Also, Brawl increased survivability more than Melee, and everyone appeared to like this change. So, the combined air dodge will allow for even better recoveries, and surviving to even higher percents in longer, more intense, matches! Momentum cancelling was a critical part of this in Brawl, and I imagine this should be enhanced for SSB4. In order to do this, we should reduce hitstun so that people can do their momentum cancelling aerials even quicker.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
To be perfectly honest, I think they won't cut anyone from Brawl. Just look at the hoopla people are making over Roy and Mewtwo, do you really think they will do that again? No. I know a lot of people do not have faith in Sakurai, but believe me, word will reach him (you know he is going to do Smash 4). Plus there is no reason for anyone to be cut short of pure advertising purposes in which case only the Pokémon and Fire Emblem series would even be at risk of seeing cuts. Ike doesn't really have to worry though, since he is such a large part of FE history now they would more than likely just add a new FE character alongside Marth and Ike, so really it is only Lucario who needs to worry. About Wolf and Falco, I do not think either will get cut, in fact it may be entirely possible to get four (assuming Krystal was included) Star Fox reps! Does the series deserve it, probably not; they have three as it is, some might say that is already too much. But, it really is not all that bad and neither Falco or Wolf deserve to be cut. The third party characters are here to stay, short of licensing issues they will return unless Konami overides Kojima's authority and requests some other franchise to be represented, and Sonic needs all the publicity he can get... Megaman has the best shot of being included and I still believe Square will not miss an opportunity by throwing in one of their franchises. Such as Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Trigger or (though not a series) Geno from SMRPG.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
There's really no evidence that Nintendo even really cares about the gap. I mean with Brawl they technically adding three more reps from the first generation. 83.33% of the playable pokemon characters were first generation. If anything, they "keep the balance" through the pokeball pokemon.
Well yes, the Pokemon franchise is heavily sided to generation 1, but the fact that Lucario had such a solid spot over Jigglypuff shows that there was little debate over his inclusion. Now of course the idea that his generation will still be represented in the next game is still just a hypothesis, it seems very counter productive to take him out. He has his own moveset, would represent and would be the sole representative of his generation of Pokemon. Quite frankly, kicking him out for the next rep from the next gen is about the same as kicking out Ike for whoever the next FE lord is, which quite frankly is silly.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
For example, tripping made the game more fun. Adding in a random element that happens when you perform the simplest of actions, move, makes it more fun when hilarious things happen. SSB4 can follow this up by doing a few things. First, increase the probability of tripping randomly at least fourfold, as there are some matches where I don't even see people trip! It's ridiculous. Secondly, create some form of "air tripping." I mean, when you jump in real life, it's not always perfect, right? Some jumps should barely leave the ground, and sometimes you should trip upon landing. It makes for a more realistic and more fun physics engine. Thirdly, make it so sometimes, when shielding, a character drops their guard for no apparent reason. Granted, there is no real life comparison for this like tripping/air tripping, but assuming we could magically make protective bubbles appear around us, we would probably mess up every once in awhile.
O_o You're... joking right? Please tell me that whole statement is a joke...

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
A
Adding more characters isn't legitimate change. It's something more natural, like knowing how the sun will rise every day. We know more characters are added with each iteration. You even stated as much yourself, it's like a trend in some aspects.
I'm not talking about just adding characters, I'm talking about adding playstyles, things that have never been in the game before, to an average joe they might not see the difference but it's clear to smashers what a fundamental differences in several of the new characters this time around.

It doesn't stop their either, the defense and evasive game is always changing, as is the gravity, hitstun, momentum, etc.

The game doesn't need a new gimmick, it needs a new playstyles and I think they've delivered consistently with that and will continue to.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I have a new idea for a Pokemon Trainer (although I know this will never happen). I just wanted someone's opinion on it, cool or not. And I know it won't happen, but it seems like a cool idea, soooo... here we go.

I don't know what to call the character, so I guess it will have to be Legendary Pokemon Trainer or Legendary Trainer. Anyway, he/she uses four Pokemon instead of three. These are the Pokemon.

-Mew
-Celebi
-Jirachi
-Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit (on a team).

You might say there are six up there, but there are only four, I'll explain why. First of all, each Pokemon has three special abilities, their down special being switch Pokemon. I'm not sure what their movesets would be however, I'm no a big fan of Pokemon.

When you get to Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit, they don't all have three different specials. One special is attributed to each of the three Pokemon. For example, pressing Up B will always trigger Uxie's ability, Side B always trigger Azelf's ability, and so on.

I like this idea because it kind of represents all four Pokemon generations with one single character on the Select Screen, and better yet, they're all the special, legendary Pokemon of each generation. Perhaps this could replace Lucario and a new fifth generation Pokemon could be added along side it? Just hopes, but I know it won't happen.

Also, what do you think about Groudon being a boss in some way in SSB4? Seem likely? Rayquaza was the Emerald mascot and he appeared as a boss, Kyogre and Groudon are Sapphire and Ruby's mascots and Groudon seems more fit to be a boss. What do you think?

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
To be perfectly honest, I think they won't cut anyone from Brawl. Just look at the hoopla people are making over Roy and Mewtwo, do you really think they will do that again?

does the japanese development team even know or care that we exist? Especially since most of their sales are from kids?

They'll probably move lucario out and bring another pokemon out, probably a fire emblem lord also, meaning Ike will bow out.

Their playstyles might not change that much, like young link to toon link so it's not like you lose a whole character type, just a few things.

judging from the past Nintendo will do whatever they god**** want.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
There are people who think tripping is a good idea? And there are people who think air-tripping is a good idea for SSB4?! Why don't we just add a feature where, occasionally, your character fails to grab the ledge? It's realistic! We all make mistakes, so why not have the game force you to make them?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There are people who think tripping is a good idea? And there are people who think air-tripping is a good idea for SSB4?! Why don't we just add a feature where, occasionally, your character fails to grab the ledge? It's realistic! We all make mistakes, so why not have the game force you to make them?
Oh God, no! That would pretty much mean that it would be possible to die completely at random while recovering and that heavily diminish the practically of edge stalling and tether recoveries. Yes, tripping sucks but what you just mentioned would indeed make Smash Bros even less competitive. With tripping, there's a very small chance that your opponent will be able to KO you out of it but with what you mentioned, you're pretty much guarenteed to die if happens while you're recovering or, at the very least, make it easier for your opponent to edgeguard you. Maybe it's my inability to detect sarcasm on forums but I pray that you were joking.

@ the legendary trainer idea:

One giant flaw with that, all three of those pokemon fly perpetually. They don't walk or run and giving them jumps would just be plain awkward.

rockem7

Smash Ace
Failing to grab the ledge when the opponent isn't even ledgeblocking might be enough to make a person cry. That would mean choosing a character just for their recovery abilities might not even matter. >.<

So, I too hope that you were just joking.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
1) Improve online play. A LOT.

2) Have a wider selection of music. Having some songs from obscure games would be a neat way you get people interested in those games if they appear on the VC, like how the Smash Team remixed the Super Mario Land underground, Tunnel Scene, and Panel De Pon. Maybe some like Star Maze from SML2, Megaton Punch from Kirby Superstar, Green Grove Zone from Sonic 3d Blast, some from the Sonic Game Gear games (Aqua Planet and Sunset Park as examples), and maybe even the F-Zero version of Rainbow Road 64.

3) Appropriate nerfing and buffing of some characters. And remove most, if not all, of the disjointed hitboxes.

4) Bring back Mewtwo and rework his moveset, weight, and power, and bring back Dr. Mario and Pichu, and declone them and make them viable to use (in the latter's case, maybe it can use the Pain Split technique that the Nothced-Ear Pichu knows for the 12th Pokemon movie? It could be hard to connect with, but with a payout of being able to recover percentage, and hurting the opponents, a godsend considering Pichu's self-damaging attacks.)

5) I did make a moveset for Tails on another forum that everyone really liked. And really, Tails would be the only other Sonic character I'd bring into Smash - the others can be ATs, cameos, etc.

6) Megaman would be the only other 3rd party character, aside from Tails, in. And Geno could be in, provided that Square Enix realizes how much people want to see the doll again.

7) Reinforce the co-op perspective of Classic, All-Star, and the Stadium Modes. Perhaps make some things unlockable only by using two characters together in something (i.e. Unlock the Paulina trophy by completing Classic with a co-op team of Mario and Donkey Kong.)

All I can think of at the moment. I may think of some other stuff later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom