• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I believe that there should be only one Pokemon Trainer in SSB4. Either Red and his 1st gen starters stay or they all get replaced with Gold and his 2nd gen starters.

The only way we could possibly get representation for all four generations and the possible future 5th generation in SSB4 is if we have:

1. Pikachu
2. Pichu
3. Pokemon Trainer (May with Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken)
4. Lucario
5. 5th gen movie Pokemon

Its possible but I highly doubt it would happen. The way I see it, SSB4 would probably have the following:

1. Pikachu
2. Pokemon Trainer (either Red or Gold, not both)
3. 5th gen Pokemon
4. ?
5. ?

Those two last slots are up for grabs. Its likely that Jigglypuff might return. Its also possible that Mewtwo or Lucario might return, but its also possible that Sakurai might surprise us by adding Meowth (just like he surprised us with Pokemon Trainer in Brawl). Remember, Meowth is next-in-line after Red (and Red is next-in-line after Mewtwo) on the Melee poll.
If I had to make a Pokémon list excluding, this is how I would like to see it.

1. Pikachu
2. Pokémon Trainer (Cyndaquil, Bayleef, Feraligatr)
3. Mewtwo or Deoxys
4. Jigglypuff
5. Lucario
6. 5th Generation Pokémon

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I've heard that alongside Pit and King Dedede, Meowth was originally planned to be in the first Smash game, so it may happen yet. ;) Granted, it would be a hassle to add another first-gen, but it might work better for ol' Meowth since he is more "cute" than Mewtwo (which might be one of the reasons why the latter got the shaft).

For the record, he would still use the Pokéball as a symbol like the rest of the reps. Bowser has his own symbol and he doesn't use it. Unless Meowth is the star of his own spin-off franchise (like Yoshi and Wario), he won't be able to use his own symbol. Also, the Pokémon franchise is represented by the games and not the anime. Sorry. :(
No, the only characters that we know who were actually planned for SSB64 but didn't make it were Bowser, King Dedede, and Mewtwo. Many people think Meowth, Pit, and Peach were as well, but this is just a rumor and was never officially proven. These three characters were never planned as far as we know, so we can't say anything about Sakurai being interested in him.

And yes, the anime has nothing to do with the games and therefore doesn't affect Smash, besides making certain characters more recognizable, but Meowth's time has long passed for that.

About the Pokemon discussion:

I'm pretty sure Meowth won't get in the next game. Like I stated above, Sakurai has never actually had any real interest in him as far as we know. That is just a big rumor that has yet to be proven. Plus, the contents of the Melee poll don't matter much, they are only to give Sakurai an idea of what would make fans happy, but he doesn't base his decisions completely on the polls. That would be completely idiotic.

Don't expect Meowth to be in the game. And seriously people, Jigglypuff is staying. Sure there was never any rule about the Original-12, but Sakurai will want to keep all these characters for nostalgic worth and we all know he cares about the nostalgia and tradition, things like that. He has acknowledged several times that Jigglypuff has been a part of the Smash perfect attendance crew, and that kind of hints that he is proud of this, and wants to keep it that way for tradition. This is all speculation, but it is enough to prove that Sakurai cares about keeping Jigglypuff and the rest of the Original 12 for the sake of nostalgia and tradition. While Jigglypuff has haters, she also has many fans and by now she has quite a bit of sentimental value, so cutting her would please a few Smash fans as well as enrage quite a few fans. Plus, if she was going to be cut, she would have been cut in Brawl. Besides, if any of the Original-12 was to be cut, it would be Ness, as we was the one that came the closest to being cut in the first place, not Jigglypuff.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I might as well try asking this question: does anyone have a guess as to the release date? I'm thinking August 16, 2012. Just a 4-month range would satisfy me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
2nd fastest character, strong attacks, good edge game (helped by Brawl physics), the knee got stronger (everything was stronger in Melee, the knee is a lot more powerful in proportion), good special moves, and decent range.

NEVER look at tournment Brawl as how the game is balanced. If it were, we see nothing but Meta-Knights online and they'd be winning matches (instead, we rarely see them and they never win). Ike and Link dominate Brawl, and Ike and Lucas are the ones winning.
Online play is not the best indicator which character is used the most. I've been playing Street Fighter IV online for about a month and you want to know who I fight the most? Ken, Ryu, Sagat, and Akuma with Ken being the most. Going by the tier list, Sagat should be the one used the most, but Ken is about in the middle of the tier list and all the others I mentioned are higher.

Also, online Brawl suffers heavily from lag and those characters you mentioned benefit a lot from the lag so using online play as an argument is invalid. Not only that, but you also have casual players that use the characters they use simply because they like the character. That's why you may see a bunch of Sonic players.

Neckbeard Torterra

Smash Journeyman
In an effort to change the subject, what do people think about having a Team Battle mode more like that of other fighting games? (Not replacing the current team battle, but as an extra thing) Basically, you play a stock match with a number of stocks equal to the number of characters you select. When your first character dies, the next spawns.

For example, P1 takes Mario, Link, and Kirby. P2 takes Bowser, Ganondorf, and King Dedede. P1 spawns as Mario and P2 spawns as Bowser. If P2 dies, instead of respawning as Bowser, he respawns as Ganondorf. If P1 dies, he respawns as Link. Etc, etc.
Almost like a real fighting game. Tactically picking characters. If this would occur, you'd see alot of heavy fighters as the last pick for more 'staying power'. Almost like PT.

This would be cool as a playable mode.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
For the Pokemon discussion, this should be the 5 playable roster slots for the Pokemon franchise (and with less bias and if there isn't going to be a new gen): Pikachu, Red (the PT controlling Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard), Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, and Lucario

And we should keep Meowth out of the playable roster; Meowth STINKS!

Also, what would be the best indicator for a character's effectiveness (and it likely won't be how often a character is used)?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Spyder Enzo, don't be too quick to dismiss Meowth. There is a pattern that Sakurai does base most of his roster choices on the Melee poll. Remember, Sakurai did come up with the roster for Brawl right after he was approached to develop Brawl. He finished his Brawl roster first and then he asked the Japanese fans what they wanted in Brawl.

Red = Melee newcomers
Yellow = Brawl newcomers
Green = possible SSB4 newcomers

MARIO
#1 - Bowser (169)
#2 - Peach (66)

#3 - Wario (65)
#4 - Toad (27)
#5 - Koopa Troopa (9)
#6 - Kamek (8)
#7 - Goomba (7)
#8 - Mallow (5)
#8 - Geno (5)
#10 - Baby Mario (3)

POKEMON
#1 - Mewtwo (35)
#2 - Mew (24)
#3 - Red (18)
#4 - Misc. Pokemon (12)
#5 - Lugia (11)
#6 - Meowth (8)
#7 - Raichu (7)
#8 - Marill (5)
#8 - Bulbasaur (5)
#8 - Togepi (5)

ZELDA
#1 - Ganondorf (36)
#2 - Young Link (8)
#2 - Zelda (8)
#2 - Sheik (8)

#5 - Shadow Link (2)

KIRBY
#1 - King Dedede (46)
#2 - Gooey (17)
#3 - Meta Knight (11)
#4 - Misc. Kirby Companion (10)
#5 - Waddle Dee (3)

MOTHER
#1 - Mr. Saturn (18)
#2 - Poo (6)
#3 - Other Good Guys from Mother 2 (4)
#3 - Paula (4)
#5 - Starman (3)
#5 - Jeff (3)

STAR FOX
#1 - Falco (7)
#2 - Slippy (5)
#3 - Wolf (4)
#4 - Peppy (2)

FIRE EMBLEM
#1 - Marth (21)
#2 - Misc. Characters from Fire Emblem (18)
#3 - Oguma (8)
#4 - Serris (4)
#5 - Sigurd (2)
#5 - Leaf (2)

RARE
#1 - 007 James Bond (35)
#2 - Banjo & Kazooie (18)
#3 - Diddy Kong (15)
#4 - Blast Corps Robot (2)
#4 - 006 (2)

OTHER NES/SNES CHARACTERS
#1 - Sukapon (15)
#2 - Lip (9)
#3 - Prince Richard (8)
#4 - Metroid (6)
#4 - Foreman Spike (6)
#6 - Pit (5)
#6 - Donbe or Hikari (5)
#6 - Misc. Characters from Marvellous (5)
#9 - Samurai Goroh (4)
#9 - Popo and Nana (4)
#9 - Balloon Fighter (4)

NON-NINTENDO
#1 - Chocobo (9)
#2 - Doraemon (7)
#3 - Bomberman (5)
#4 - Crash Bandicoot (4)
#5 - Sonic (3)
#5 - Mega Man (3)

The Melee newcomers he added on his own accord were Dr. Mario, Pichu, Mr. Game & Watch, and Roy. Sakurai added Dr. Mario because he liked his music and added Pichu as a new joke character. Sakurai added Mr. Game & Watch as a wild card and added Roy to advertise the upcoming new Fire Emblem game on the GBA.

The Brawl newcomers he added on his own accord were Zero Suit Samus, Ike, Lucas, Olimar, Lucario, R.O.B., and Toon Link. It seems that Sakurai knew what the fans wanted before he asked them because Ike, Lucas, Olimar, and Toon Link were some of the top choices on the Brawl poll. Sakurai chose Zero Suit Samus because Metroid: Zero Mission recently came out and chose Lucas because Mother 3 was coming out soon in Japan. Sakurai chose Ike because the first Fire Emblem game on the Gamecube was coming out soon and chose Lucario to promote the upcoming 4th gen games. Sakurai chose Toon Link to replace Young Link because Toon Link is the star of The Wind Waker, a popular Zelda game in Japan. Sakurai chose Olimar because Pikmin was the only new character-driven franchise that was very successful on the Gamecube. Sakurai chose R.O.B. as the new wild card.

As for the other possible newcomers for SSB4, Sakurai could always look into the top choices on the Brawl poll. Geno (though I doubt it), Krystal, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Takamaru, Mega Man, Ridley (maybe), Isaac (but the new protagonist could be playable in his place), and Little Mac are some of the most popular choices on the Brawl poll who are not playable in Brawl.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Arcadenik, if the Melee polls really mattered to Sakurai, we would have seen:

-Mew instead of the Pokemon Trainer
-(will see) Lugia instead of Meowth
-Gooey instead of Meta Knight
-Slippy instead of Wolf
-Mr. Saturn instead of Lucas (he was orignally inteneded to be in Melee, so if Mr. Saturn was so much greater than, why didn't Sakurai choose Saturn instead?)
-Any other Fire Emblem character over Roy and Ike
-Sukapon instead of Ice Climbers and Pit
-Lip instead of Ice Climbers and Pit
-SEVERAL other characters instead of Ice Climbers and Pit
-Chocobo instead of Sonic or Snake
-Doraemon instead of Sonic or Snake
-Bomberman instead of Sonic or Snake
-Crash Bandicoot instead of Sonic and Snake
-No Snake at all

And can you find me the Brawl poll? I hope you know that the real Brawl poll was never actually released to the public, only small tidbits of it's entries were shown on the site, but that still isn't enough to gather anything. We have the Melee polls, now find me the Brawl polls.

I will be quick to dismiss Meowth, because he doesn't seem to matter much anymore. Why would Sakurai add him in when newer, better, more popular Pokemon are appearing? And I'm pretty sure he won't replace Pokemon Trainer or Jigglypuff. Pokemon Trainer is a unique characer that appeals to many including Sakurai and the likelihood of Jigglypuff getting cut just isn't that great.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
Does every sale for SSB split the cash among the respective original creators?

That would leave Miyamoto with alottt of royalties.
no, it's split between HAL, and Nintendo. HAL getting the majority. unless the creators(company) of that character help with the making of the game, they don't get money. if the company allows permission to use said character is allowed, they usually pay a one time fee.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
Thank you for your answer, Neckbeard Torterra. Now my mind has changed a bit. And personally, if FE has a third rep for Smash 4 (if there is no new FE game by the time SSB4 is released), I would be hoping for either Lyn, Micaiah, or Sothe (even though most people hate the latter two). I am not trying to start a debate; I am just giving an opinion of mine!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Spider Enzo, don't play dumb. There are reasons why Sakurai skipped some of the top choices and moved on to the next choices.

Mew... it may work as a viable Pokemon fighter in the Pokemon games but how would it work as a viable Smash fighter? It just floats inside a bubble.

Lugia... its too big to be resized down. And even if you could, how would it work as a viable Smash fighter with that physical build?

Gooey... just how would he work as a viable Smash fighter if he has no arms or legs? Mr. Saturn... just how would he work as a viable Smash fighter without arms? Sakurai did tell a fan that Mr. Saturn cannot fight without arms when that fan told Sakurai that if Jigglypuff can be in Smash, then Mr. Saturn can, too.

Slippy is not as important as Wolf is in the Star Fox games.

Importance > popularity

Sakurai is not going to add secondary characters from Fire Emblem games over the protagonists of the same games. Roy and Ike are protagonists while the others are just secondary characters.

Main characters > supporting characters

Sukapon is not getting in at all. Sakurai told some fans not to expect Sukapon in the future.

Lip is not even the protagonist of the whole Panel de Pon (Puzzle League) franchise. She was the protagonist in only the first game but the rest of the games did not include Lip. That's like adding Geno to represent the whole Mario franchise.

Sakurai does not really want third-party characters. So, unless the Mega Man creator "practically begged" Sakurai like Snake's creator did, don't expect Mega Man. And unless Square Enix and Nintendo joined forces and forced Chocobo down Sakurai's throat like Sega and Nintendo did for Sonic, don't expect Chocobo.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Arcadenik, if the Melee polls really mattered to Sakurai, we would have seen:

-Mew instead of the Pokemon Trainer
-(will see) Lugia instead of Meowth
-Gooey instead of Meta Knight
-Slippy instead of Wolf
-Mr. Saturn instead of Lucas (he was orignally inteneded to be in Melee, so if Mr. Saturn was so much greater than, why didn't Sakurai choose Saturn instead?)
-Any other Fire Emblem character over Roy and Ike
-Sukapon instead of Ice Climbers and Pit
-Lip instead of Ice Climbers and Pit
-SEVERAL other characters instead of Ice Climbers and Pit
-Chocobo instead of Sonic or Snake
-Doraemon instead of Sonic or Snake
-Bomberman instead of Sonic or Snake
-Crash Bandicoot instead of Sonic and Snake
-No Snake at all

And can you find me the Brawl poll? I hope you know that the real Brawl poll was never actually released to the public, only small tidbits of it's entries were shown on the site, but that still isn't enough to gather anything. We have the Melee polls, now find me the Brawl polls.

I will be quick to dismiss Meowth, because he doesn't seem to matter much anymore. Why would Sakurai add him in when newer, better, more popular Pokemon are appearing? And I'm pretty sure he won't replace Pokemon Trainer or Jigglypuff. Pokemon Trainer is a unique characer that appeals to many including Sakurai and the likelihood of Jigglypuff getting cut just isn't that great.
Let me address, each of your statements:

1. Mew may have been skipped because it would've been odd to make it playable while the others like Celibi and Jirachi would have been Pokeballs.
2. Lugia was made a Pokeball Pokemon and it would have been odd to make it playable while Ho-Oh wasn't.
3. Gooey doesn't have any limbs, the same applies to Mr. Saturn.
4. Wolf has becomemore popular than Slippy. Him and Krystal, from my understanding, are even in popularity.
5. Ike may have been chosen because he was the most recent Lord and Sakurai wanted more international characters so Ike was a good choice. As for Roy, assuming executive meddling WASN'T involved, he was clone fodder.
6. Sakurai said Sukapon would be difficult to work with and that we shouldn't except him in.
7. I couldn't tell you why regarding Lip. She could have been considered later on that than the Seven Deadly Fighters for all we know.
8. Some of them aren't even viable.
9. Third parties are a different issue. The problem was that neither side tried to get their characters in so this is irrelevant. However, Doraemon is an anime character.
10. Snake was begged for in Melee by Kojima, he was added in Brawl.

I'm pretty sure that Meowth still matters considering that, like Pikachu, he's in about every single Pokemon game and is the only other Pokemon to appear in almost all the episodes of the anime. Therefore, the only real viable 1st gens are him and Mewtwo left. As for why more recent Pokemon aren't used, the first gens are the most popular and we have seen in Melee and Brawl that the recent generations are represented via the Pokeballs.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Thank you so much, Kuma!

It seems to me that there are two sides to the Pokemon roster debate.

Side 1: 1st gen gets more playable characters than the other gens

Side 2: Each gen must have a playable character

Think we should list the pros and cons for each side?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thank you so much, Kuma!

It seems to me that there are two sides to the Pokemon roster debate.

Side 1: 1st gen gets more playable characters than the other gens

Side 2: Each gen must have a playable character

Think we should list the pros and cons for each side?
I'll start with the side 1.

Pros
1st gen Pokemon are the most iconic of all the Pokemon.
1st gen Pokemon still have popularity from their first debut.
1st gen Pokemon have a much broader appeal. Ranging from children to the people who were kids when Pokemon came out ten years ago.

Cons
Creates an inbalance in representation on the roster.
May leave several of the more recent Pokemon in the dark.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
behold, in all it's glory, my possible characters for SSB4.

I also have these, to clairify things.

*-these are boss characters. not playable.

** this is my BS idea: borrowed from other fighting games, it goes like this: you highlight a character, and when you hold down a button when selecting them, they become someone else. so think the ZSS/Shiek method remixed and you have a good idea.

?-these are debateable, as they could or could not work.

Mario series.

Mario

Peach

Bowser

Luigi

Dr. Mario**

Bowser Jr.

Zelda Series

Link

Toon Link

Zelda/Shiek

Ganondorf

Vaati*

Tingle? (could be kept as a AT)

DK series

Donkey kong

Diddy Kong

Dixie Kong**

King K. Rool?(very debateable)

Earthbound/Mother Series

Ness?(was almost dropped in Melee.....)

Lucas

Masked Man*?(could be a character, if done right.)

Porky*(duh)

Ninten**?(may be too much like Ness...)

Star Fox series

Fox

Falco

Wolf

Krystal

Metroid Series

Samus/ZSS

Ridley*?(still has size debated)

Dark Samus**?(dead)

Kirby Series

Kirby

Meta Knight(is now a hidden char, LOL)

DeDeDe

Pokemon Series

Red/Pokemon trainer?(may be a new trainer)

Pikachu

Jigglypuff?(barely was put in Brawl)

5th gen Pokemon?(3rd gen never got a rep...)

Mewtwo?(debateable)

Meowth?(may be kept as a Pokeball Pokemon)

Lucario

Fire Emblem Series

Marth

Ike

Roy?(debateable)

5th Lord(if there is one)

Medues*

Other

Captain Falcon

Ice climbers

Olimar

Louie**?(debateable)

R.O.B

Mr. Game & Watch

Pit

Medusa*

Yoshi

Wario

Possible New Reps(all debateable)

Stafy

Isa

Isaac

3rd Party

Snake

Sonic

Geno?(very, VERY debateable. if he was in, his AT might be the Axem Rangers and the stage would be ..Nimbus Land?)

Megaman (Capcom rep.keeping with the rep theme, he will have one stage(Wily's castle) and one AT(Roll)

Pac-Man?(rumor has it that Pac was considered as an AT, so it is possible he could appear as a AT in smash 4)

these are my ideas. I'm done.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I've made many character lists in the past, but here's another whack at it:

Mario Series:
-Mario

-Bowser

-Bowser Jr.

-Peach

-Luigi (Re-worked slightly to have Poltergust)

-Toad (It's never too late. He could use items from the kart/sport/party games)

-Wario

-Yoshi

-DK

-Diddy

Zelda Series:
-Link

-Zelda

-Shiek

-Ganondorf (Re-worked to play more wizard like. Can summon monsters, teleport, use dark energy)

-Toon Link (Re-worked to have new specials or new smashes. Perhaps variations of current moves like magic boomerang, bomb-chus, hurricane spin, ice/fire arrows)

-Tingle

Pokemon Series:
-Pikachu

-Jigglypuff

-Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)

-Mewtwo

-New Pokemon

Kirby Series:
-Kirby

-Metaknight

-King Dedede

Fire Emblem Series:
-Marth

-Ike

-New Lord

Star Fox Series:
-Fox

-Falco (Re-worked to use the Star Fox crews armory)

-Krystal

Earthbound
-Ness

-Lucas

-Ninten (To complete the line-up of all three MOTHER protagonists)

Metroid
-Samus

-Zero Suit Samus

-Ridley

F-Zero
-Captain Falcon

-Samurai Goroh

Single Series
-Pit

-Olimar (Whistle move replaced with move that exploits each Pikmin's specialty. So when having a Yellow Pikmin equipped and you use the down b, it picks up a bomb-rock)

-ROB

-Game and Watch

-Little Mac

-Isaac's Descendant (From Golden Sun DS)

-Ray MKII/Ray 01

-KK Slider

-Andy/Will (Advance Wars)

-Professor Layton (I'm not saying this due to recent rumors, he just deserves the spot)

-Sonic

-Snake

-Megaman

TOTAL: 53

On a side note, I'd like to say that I would like 9-Volt from Wario Ware to make it. His moveset could have so much potential as he could summon classic Nintendo characters to perform his attacks. However, being a realist, I didn't include him in my list.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
"Jigglypuff?(barely was put in Brawl)"

Lolwut. Jiggz is a veteran since the first game. Just because she was announced late doesn't mean she was barely put in brawl. Sakurai just announced the secret characters last.

If you want to talk about "barely" put into Brawl, see Sonic.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
It's pretty clear that Jiggs did have some difficulty getting into Brawl, and in my opinion was probably competeing with Mewtwo before she was finally locked in.

Look at it this way. When you look at the character select screen, what do you see? Veterens on top, and newcomers on the bottom. This is very consistant throughout the roster, with one exception, aka Jigglypuff. Furthermore, look at the ending credits of Classic or All Star mode, and you notice another trend where the characters go from the veterans to the characters introduced in Melee, to the ones introduced in Brawl, and you'll also notice that Jigglypuff is out of place, and in the Brawl section. Lastly, there's also the fact that she has no role in SSE.

Oh, and one comment on Rhubarbo's list, if there is a Animal Crossing character, it makes much more sense for Tom Nook to be the one who is playable, in place of K.K. Slider. Nook actually plays a big role within the games, while Tokeke is just a optional way to see the credits/listen to a song.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It's pretty clear that Jiggs did have some difficulty getting into Brawl, and in my opinion was probably competeing with Mewtwo before she was finally locked in.

Look at it this way. When you look at the character select screen, what do you see? Veterens on top, and newcomers on the bottom. This is very consistant throughout the roster, with one exception, aka Jigglypuff. Furthermore, look at the ending credits of Classic or All Star mode, and you notice another trend where the characters go from the veterans to the characters introduced in Melee, to the ones introduced in Brawl, and you'll also notice that Jigglypuff is out of place, and in the Brawl section. Lastly, there's also the fact that she has no role in SSE.

Oh, and one comment on Rhubarbo's list, if there is a Animal Crossing character, it makes much more sense for Tom Nook to be the one who is playable, in place of K.K. Slider. Nook actually plays a big role within the games, while Tokeke is just a optional way to see the credits/listen to a song.
Yeah, however, there is no concrete evidence to support this. Jigglypuff has a "victory theme" like all the other newcomers, so she was planned for a while. It could be more related to inconsistency. We don't have Dr. Mario, Roy or Mewtwo, and they may have been the same way.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, however, there is no concrete evidence to support this. Jigglypuff has a "victory theme" like all the other newcomers, so she was planned for a while. It could be more related to inconsistency. We don't have Dr. Mario, Roy or Mewtwo, and they may have been the same way.
I believe Roy and Mewtwo also had victory themes while Wolf was the only one. It's possible that at one point, Jigglypuff may have been put aside to work on other things since she's rather simple to animate.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Man, I wish it was possible to go awhile without talking about characters... It's so hard though considering that the characters are defnately the most interesting prospects of the game. It's times like this where I wish Sakurai would come out and drop cryptic hints about who's going to be in the next game. >_<;

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pieman is right. SSB veterans come first, followed by Melee newcomers then Brawl newcomers. Jigglypuff is the only one who is out of place.

You know what I've noticed lately, most people lump Pit, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., and Mr. Game & Watch under the retro category. But its not the case in Brawl. Notice Pit comes before Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch is nowhere near the other retro characters. Notice how the Brawl roster is ordered by groups and you might see why.

Column 1 - Mario main series
O12: Mario
O12: Luigi
Melee: Peach
Melee: Bowser

Column 2 - Donkey Kong series
O12: Donkey Kong
Brawl: Diddy Kong

Column 2 - Mario spin-off franchises
O12: Yoshi
Brawl: Wario

Column 3 - Zelda series
O12: Link
Melee: Zelda / Sheik
Melee: Ganondorf
Brawl: Toon Link

Column 4 - Famicom Disk System franchises
O12: Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Brawl: Pit

Column 4 - Famicom franchises
Melee: Ice Climbers
Brawl: R.O.B.

Column 5 - Kirby series
O12: Kirby
Brawl: Meta Knight
Brawl: King Dedede

Column 5 - Pikmin series (other)
Brawl: Olimar

Column 6 - Star Fox series
O12: Fox
Melee: Falco
Brawl: Wolf

Column 6 - F-Zero series (other)
O12: Captain Falcon

Column 7 - Pokemon series
O12: Pikachu
Brawl: Pokemon Trainer
Brawl: Lucario
O12: Jigglypuff

Column 8 - Fire Emblem series
Melee: Marth
Brawl: Ike

Column 8 - Mother series
O12: Ness
Brawl: Lucas

Column 9 - Game & Watch series (other)
Melee: Mr. Game & Watch

Column 9 - Third-party franchises
Brawl: Snake
Brawl: Sonic

n88

Smash Lord
Well, there has been talk of a Kid Icarus Wii. Maybe he came before the other retro characters because he has a chance of a comeback?

UberMario

Smash Master
Well, there has been talk of a Kid Icarus Wii. Maybe he came before the other retro characters because he has a chance of a comeback?
It's more likely due to the fact that he had more things to make a moveset out of than the others. Of course that wouldn't explain the Ice Climbers . . . . .

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
In an effort to change the subject, what do people think about having a Team Battle mode more like that of other fighting games? (Not replacing the current team battle, but as an extra thing) Basically, you play a stock match with a number of stocks equal to the number of characters you select. When your first character dies, the next spawns.

For example, P1 takes Mario, Link, and Kirby. P2 takes Bowser, Ganondorf, and King Dedede. P1 spawns as Mario and P2 spawns as Bowser. If P2 dies, instead of respawning as Bowser, he respawns as Ganondorf. If P1 dies, he respawns as Link. Etc, etc.
That would be really interesting. I like it!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's more likely due to the fact that he had more things to make a moveset out of than the others. Of course that wouldn't explain the Ice Climbers . . . . .
He had less potential that the Ice Climbers. Why else would they make his bow two swords?

ultimatesmashguy

Smash Cadet
A character that i think would be good for ssb4 would b sora from the kingdom hearts seiries and for his attack he would use a combo of close ranged moves with his keyblade and long ranged moves like nesses or lucases moves with his magic, idk if he should hav his disney companions with him because that might be confusing so thats who i think should be in the nxt game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom