• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Meh, this place is fairly active for the number of people in it, and making a topic where people can create their own movesets and frame data for a character they want in the series would attract a bit of attention, honestly.

FrancisM2DaIzH

Smash Cadet
Here are some characters that I think could possibly be in SSB4:

MegaMan
Little Mac
Waluigi
Toad
BomberMan
Bowser Jr.
King K. Rool
Rival Pokemon Trainer
Shadow
Spyro
Banjo and Kazooie
Paper Mario
Boo
Shy Guy
Mii

Zario777

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Sacred Seraphim, a seperate custom moveset thread would be better. I made Louie a moveset based off of the creatures from Pikmin 2. He has a Shearwig and a Careening Dirigibug onscreen at all times.
Louie's Moveset:
A=Left Jab
AA=Right Jab
AAA=Headbutt
Side Tilt=Left Hook
Up Tilt=Headbutt Arc (antenna can hit 2)
Down Tilt=Sweep Kick
Side Smash=Rocket Fist (from Pikmin 2)
Up Smash=Egg Toss
Down Smash=Honeywisp (a honeywisp appears above his head and slams down an egg)
Dash Attack=Hover Kick (Grabs onto a low flying Shearwig and kicks)
Nair=Same as Olimar's
Fair=Shearwig Ram
Bair=Shearwig Swing
Uair=Shearwig Drill
Dair=Downwards Kick (holding onto Shearwig)
Special=Bomb Rock (Careening Dirigibug drops one from the top of the screen)
Side Special=Shearwig Lunge (Shearwig jumps on opponent and bites up 2 5 times)
Recovery=Careening Dirigibug (swoops from the top of the screen as fast as super sonic to Louie and carries him to safety for 5 seconds)
Down Special=Flint/Glint/Doodle Bug (one of the bugs appear from underneath and attacks[doodle bug is poisonous])
FS=Titan Dweevil (self-explanitory)

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
....Wow. You know that there is already a thread for movesets, right? It's called Make Your Move. It's currently on it's sixth incarnation. However....it requires much more than specials, and a much larger amount of detail. If you want to take a look, here are the rules and conditions, as well as a little extra info, for MYM6. I'm actually surprised that you guys haven't heard of it. It's been around for years, and the current installment is usually on the front page of the Workshop.

JM94

Smash Cadet
Random SSB4 question, do you guys think they should come up with a better way of getting a FS then breaking a smash ball, if so, what? :s

Tacel

Smash Lord
Random SSB4 question, do you guys think they should come up with a better way of getting a FS then breaking a smash ball, if so, what? :s
If you're about to get 3 lived or if your opponent is spamming a lot.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Speaking of movesets, I've been looking more into Saki recently, and can't seem to figure out how exactly a moveset would work for him, since he doesn't seem to have many good attacks. He's got no real probablem with a FS or neutral B, but outside of that, I can't think of too many ways that the sword can be milked for other specials without it taking some from other sword users. That being said, I wonder if the character of the next S&P game would be better, seeing as both seem to have more moves to work with.

UberMario

Smash Master
Well I agree that their down B should have some use in the air but it seemed like UberMario was suggesting completely different "Aerial Down specials". If I was misunderstood about that, sorry.
Well you didn't misunderstand that persay . . . but what I meant is for characters where a button combination does NOTHING in the air (such as vB for Peach or DK). Then instead of that button combo being worthless, it should do something, even if it isn't related to what said button combination does on the ground. Characters that have vB moves that work in the air (of course) don't need them changed.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Here are some characters that I think could possibly be in SSB4:

MegaMan
Little Mac
Waluigi
Toad
BomberMan
Bowser Jr.
King K. Rool
Rival Pokemon Trainer
Shadow
Spyro
Banjo and Kazooie
Paper Mario
Boo
Shy Guy
Mii
-Megaman is the most likely Third Party character, if there are any new ones, you can almost guarantee it will be Megaman.
-If we get new retro characters, there is a good chance one might be Little Mac (unless he's not considered retro anymore)
-Waluigi is a worthless filler character... so no.
-Toad is at the top of the list for Mario characters along with Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario, but Bowser Jr. has higher chances
-Bomberman hasn't had many good or hit games recently and has dwindled in popularity, but despite this he probably wouldn't make it anyway considering there are better third party characters to consider.
-Bowser Jr. is the most likely new Mario character, expect to see him.
-King K. Rool is also pretty popular and has high chances, although I still believe Dixie Kong has higher chances than him.
-Rival Pokemon Trainer is possible (maybe with a different name) but it would most likely replace the current Pokemon Trainer so as to limit the number of Pokemon characters.
-Shadow... not going to happen. He's from a GUEST series, we only need one representative per Guest series, in Shadow's case, it would be Sonic. Sakurai obviously doesn't care as much for the Guest series as he does the mainstream Nintendo series, so don't expect Shadow, it won't happen. Also, if we did get a new Sonic character, we would get Knuckles or Tails.
-Spyro has no chance. He hasn't been a part of any recent or good Nintendo games and there are better third parties. Only expect one new Third Party, and its obvious it will be Megaman.
-Banjo and Kazooie aren't Third Party, they're second Party to Microsoft, so basically, its not possible at all. No remote chance.
-Paper Mario has his chances, but Toad or Bowser Jr. have chances well superior to his.
-Boo? Shy Guy? I'm guessing this list isn't of characters you thought were POSSIBLE but characters you WANTED to see. Boo and Shy Guy don't have a remote chance.
-I... REALLY DISLIKE THAT **** MII. Miis don't have a chance, we don't even know if there will be Mii's on Nintendo's next console, which is what SSB4 will be launched on.

6 new Mario characters? So basically we would have 10 Mario characters. That would NEVER happen, its not possible. Also, only expect one new Third Party series, and definitely do not expect to see Shadow or anybody else like that, one rep per Third Party series.

n88

Smash Lord
@ Spydr Enzo

The next Nintendo console will certainly be an improved Wii, so Miis will most likely stick around.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Khold, Kecleon has already been announced for SSB4, which has been confirmed to be named SSB Kecleon Wars. Stop with the old news, please. It's like saying that there's a new Punch-Out game, man.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Khold, Kecleon has already been announced for SSB4, which has been confirmed to be named SSB Kecleon Wars. Stop with the old news, please. It's like saying that there's a new Punch-Out game, man.
:D

I'm totally maining Kecleon. Also, sigging.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of movesets, I've been looking more into Saki recently, and can't seem to figure out how exactly a moveset would work for him, since he doesn't seem to have many good attacks.
Bolded is so wrong.

He's got no real probablem with a FS or neutral B, but outside of that, I can't think of too many ways that the sword can be milked for other specials without it taking some from other sword users.
Have you played Sin & Punishment? There's a plethora of moves in that game which Saki can use. I'm gonna give you a quick example:

Neutral B: DOLPHIN
Explicitly called the "G&R-M64-JPC DOLPHIN Police Standard"―it'll function relatively similar to it's Sin and Punishment counterpart. The DOLPHIN is capable of seamlessly firing a stream of gas pressure repelled bullets. If used in the air, it'll fire at a 30 degree angle trajectory (like the assist trophy). Also like it's S&P counterpart, it'll have two aiming modes.

Lock-ON: A chink sound and a red gleam from the DOLPHIN confirms the transition to "Lock-ON" mode. A cross-hair materializes in this mode. Using it in close proximity to an opponent causes the cross-hair to follow him/her. Once the cross-hair locks on target, it will glow red―press B to fire. This mode is significantly weaker compared to the other two modes.​

Manual: A chink sound and a blue gleam from the DOLPHIN confirms the transition to "Manual" mode. A cross-hair materializes in this mode. Using this option will lock Saki in place (can't move, can only roll) while the player manually aims and fire. The range and damage is greater compared to "Lock-ON," but weaker than the standard form of shooting.​

Over B: Flicker
Upon initiation, a glowing circular band appears either behind or infront of Saki. He will emanate a white light before vanishing, later emerging from that circular band. This maneuver only allows lateral movement, no diagonal or vertical movement.

Up B: Upsurge
Saki performs a glowing upwards slash. Quickly tapping B will increase the number of slashes he executes.

Down B: Strike Back
A counterattack. Saki flashes and enters a pose. Any attack which strikes Saki will turn him invincible for the duration of his retailiating strike. Differentiating from other counters, Saki will merely stun the opponent briefly (e.g. ZSS paralyzer). Saki will flash again after the first hit connects. If the player taps B while he flashes, Saki will strike a second time, now inflicting knockback. If the incoming attack is a projectile, Saki will reflect it instead of deflecting. The reflected projectile won't be the attack the opponent sent forward, but a beam of energy following a curved trajectory.

His standard moves, which I won't write down (trying to keep this brief) will be a variation of acrobatic kicks, stylish sword swipes, and pistol-whipping (using an un-activated DOLPHIN as a blunted object to attack). His moveset writes itself.

That being said, I wonder if the character of the next S&P game would be better, seeing as both seem to have more moves to work with.
I'd much rather have Saki as playable, truth be told.

EDIT: Eh, what's a Kecleon?
EDIT II: Nvm, just saw him.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
um for those off subject

its NEW(as in new to playable character portion of smash) NINTENDO(no 3rd party) franchises put in smash as a playable.

and keckelon can go die i remembered when u pulled that crap before. the pokemon with the best moveset is diddo.

hmm

1.sin and punishment
2.golden sun
3.punch out(not retro)
4.starfy
5.paper mario(own franchise, may be an idea for toon link having then have 2 LOZ reps open. also this is tentive.

okay now wata bout 1-2 retros now =-)

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
Ness' final smash yeah that should be PK ROCKIN Ω
Lucas' final smash yeah that should be PK LOVE Ω

if you guys want PK STARSTORM make poo or kumatora an assist trophy.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
"...from the depths I come..."

Anub'arak

The former king of the subterranean spider kingdom of Azjol-Nerub, Anub'arak was among the Nerubians slaughtered in the War of the Spider and later raised by Ner'zhul the Lich King as to do his bidding. Though the Nerubians fell before the wrath of the Lich King during the fabled War of the Spider, the insidious Crypt Lords were swayed over to the Lich King's ranks and granted considerable power and the immortality of undeath. Now the giant, thundering beasts serve as the Lich King's mightiest warriors and the guardians of the Scourge's holdings in Northrend.

The Crypt Lord is a warrior Hero, adept at summoning insect minions and crushing enemies. Betraying the Nerubian people, the Crypt Lords have sacrificed the lifeblood of thousands to bolster the Undead armies of Ner'zhul, winning an eternal life of servitude in his name. In the "Road to Damnation", they were described as "a grotesque mixture of beetle and spider".

Stats

Weight / 10
Power / 9
Fall Speed / 9
Size /
Range / 7
Run / 7
Traction / 8
Attack Speed / 5
Jump / 5

Neutral Special / Raise Crypt Fiend

Anub'arak slams one of his front claws into the ground and a Crypt Fiend burrows out of the ground in front of him. The Crypt Fiend has his own mini-moveset that can be found at the end of this moveset in the Appendix. To control a Crypt Fiend, Anub'arak must burrow himself. This is done by using his Down Smash while on land.

Side Special / Impale 7%
"Slams the ground with the Crypt Lord's massive claws, shooting spiked tendrils out in a straight line, dealing damage and hurling enemy ground units into the air in their wake."

Extras

Down Taunt / Bugs
"And they say Nintendo games don't have bugs."

Victory One / Loser Motel
"Humans check in... they don't check out."
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Wario, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Pit, Ice Climbers,

Loss / Freedom
"Ahhh... RAAAAAGH! Never thought... I would be free of him..."

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Let's be realistic, Kholdstare, of course not. We'll most likely see a 5th gen Pokemon rep, if there will actually be a 5th gen Pokemon. If not, Mewtwo will probably return. I'm actually a bit skeptical about Lucario returning.

n88

Smash Lord
Do not question the almighty Kecleon. Kecleon's popularity in Japan dwarfs that of even Jigglypuff, and he's going to be the star of the next Pokemon movie and Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Kecleon's place in SSB4 is an undeniable fact.
Wasn't it also confirmed that he was the father of Angelina Joolie's children?

Seriously, though, can we get off the Kecleon discussion?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Bolded is so wrong.

Have you played Sin & Punishment? There's a plethora of moves in that game which Saki can use. I'm gonna give you a quick example:

[Insert Moveset]
No I havn't, so I'm not the best person to really discuss this, but I have seen a stream of the game, and just felt concerned. Even so with that moveset, don't those last two moves borrow heavily from Marth?

Oh, and I'd say that Miis have more than their fair share of a chance. There have been so many Wii ____ games, and in one genreration, have started to rival all of Nintendo's other series in terms of popularity. They can also be used to solve the lack of "create-a-character" option in Smash. If they don't make the jump to the next console, then I'd say their chances get hurt quite a bit, but considering their popularity, I'd see it hard for them not to.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Indeed. He's also the reason the world is going to end in 2012.

But anyway, I'm done mocking the thread and it's idiocy. I'm back off to my hidden social groups where I can discuss SSB4 without the likes of Pieman making me want to go jump off a cliff.

But before he gets back, sure, we can have some actual rational discussion.

Also, have any of you seen the little thing with Professor Layton's twitter blog? It's apparantely run by a Nintendo employee, and he dropped hints of Geno, Megaman, and Little Mac being playable in SSB4. It's probably nothing, but it's actual news, god forbid. The official Nintendo site has acknoweledged it's existence, so yes, it's not just some random guy. This is Nintendo.

http://twitter.com/TopHatProfessor

Megaman and Little Mac are locks, sure. . .But Geno makes it sound really iffy.

Edit: d*mn, he's already back. Well, it was nice, or not so nice, but I'm gone. Fare you well, Official SSB4 hell thread.

n88

Smash Lord
And thus, MasterWarlord disappeared from the SSB4 thread, leaving the shocked survivors to rebuild their lives and dread his eventual return.... (Creepy Music)

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
Even so with that moveset, don't those last two moves borrow heavily from Marth?
If you've seen how his counterattack works in S&P, you'd see just how different they are. And Upsurge is based off of Achi (when she left earth to create Earth Mimicry), I just included sword swipes to make the move his own.

Oh, and I'd say that Miis have more than their fair share of a chance. There have been so many Wii ____ games, and in one genreration, have started to rival all of Nintendo's other series in terms of popularity. They can also be used to solve the lack of "create-a-character" option in Smash. If they don't make the jump to the next console, then I'd say their chances get hurt quite a bit, but considering their popularity, I'd see it hard for them not to.
I'd really like to see a smash creator mode, kinda in the same vein as the LittleBigPlanet sackboy creator. You can't go wrong with the Mii idea.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Speaking of movesets, I've been looking more into Saki recently, and can't seem to figure out how exactly a moveset would work for him, since he doesn't seem to have many good attacks. He's got no real probablem with a FS or neutral B, but outside of that, I can't think of too many ways that the sword can be milked for other specials without it taking some from other sword users. That being said, I wonder if the character of the next S&P game would be better, seeing as both seem to have more moves to work with.
I've been kind of wondering that too. The sword can reflect attacks projectiles too so that'd be something else to use. Overall, his "A" and smash attacks would probably be similar to Pit's and a vast majority of the throws in the game ae made up too so that wouldn't even be an issue.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
point taken into consideration of mii's

how would it work out

fyi i dont think layton made it. or nintendo employs run it. i think hes a 3rd party char
Technically, it is third party but Nintendo publishes the game's outside of Japan.

Also, pieman has ruined this thread? No, no, no; not even close. If anything, he's been one of the better Brawl/SSB4 speculators since 2007 like KumaOso and Smashchu. I have disagreed with him on many things in the past (mostly concerning Geno) but I believe he fully deserves to be here.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
What did I ever do to that Warlord guy....who is he anyways? >_>

And thanks Fatman. I may not always agree with everyone, but I try to respect everyone else's opinion, and if I disagree with it, I'll try to explain why as logically as I can. I guess I do like to get in debates sometimes, but its not like you can't ignore them. (Plus, in those cases, it takes two to tango anyways. :p)

In any case, regarding how the Mii would fight, it could borrow quite a bit of moves from the several spot games that they've been in. At this point, they know boxing, archery, and swordsmanship, eh? You could splice in a few things involving other spots, such as bowling or tennis, and you've got yourself a moeset.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I wouldn't be surprised to see Mii in a Smash Bros. game in the future either. The potential's there, the significance is there, all it really needs is time.

btw, sigged quote, Pieman.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I'm that guy who had those everlasting K. Rool debates with you a long while back, if you'll recall. While going against K. Rool alone is not worthy of banishment, the fact that you say Waluigi of all people is more likely then him (Who is utterly outclassed by Jr, Paper Mario, and even Toad) is, along with the fact that you support a second Warioware character.

As for Mii, the Wii will be long dead by the time SSB4 is out, and Mii along with it. Nintendo will go under if they stick with this horrendous console for much longer.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I thought you were saying goodbye to the thread, MW? :p "Banishment" from a public thread? Hehe.

Yeah, the Wii might be long dead by the time the next SSB comes out, but so was the NES and look who we got in Brawl....

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I'll manage to stomach the thread if you're here, Filip. Although the deaths of Mendez and Kibble will without a doubt make it a good bit harder.

While the Wii will be dead by the time SSB4 comes out, it won't be insanely old to the point of being retro. N64 might be considered retro by that time, though certainly not Gamecube, let alone Wii. Mii will have to wait a d*mn long time if he wants to get in as a retro character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom