• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official: SSBPD unsupported; source code released.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I hope so! Look forward to seeing this back in action again. I even have my first tournament set up ready to be uploaded!

Corigames

Smash Hero
Is there anything the community can do? Like, do you have an exact date for when the cut-off was (6 wks is April 24~ish) so we can resupply TIO files?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I know I personally haven't deleted anything that I've uploaded just in case something like this happened. I wasn't that involved in the project for the past month and a half though, so it's possible that everything I have is already there.

LLDL

Smash Hero
We do backup the files, it just so happened that the last backup was in april and total host failure was kind of unexpected. You can believe we'll bug foxlisk to have the site do like weekly automatic backup lol.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
omfg i apologize to everyone for how long this is taking. i keep running into undocumented issues with the new hosting provider i'm working with. problems that just shouldn't be occurring at all based on what they advertised keep preventing me from getting the site in normal working condition.

anyway, i dont really want to get into details but the point is I'm actively working on it and the site will be back online in the near future. I am, again, very sorry for how long this has taken and how annoying it is to everyone who was growing accustomed to having this data at hand. Sorry, guys :(

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Take your time man. I know i've been pretty hands off on this project, but if theres anything I can do to help, just let me know

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah don't worry too much about it. It'll be great when it's up and running again but no one really has any right to complain regardless of how long it takes to restore. Thanks for all the hard work and the updates.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Hopefully Foxlisk manages to bring it back. With all the efforts he's already put in SSBPD, it'd be sad for it to just die because of the previous host, especially how amazing of a tool it is and could become.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Is this a money related issue? You guys could probably get the funding from donations if you need to pay for a better host or something.

The smash database was amazing. <3

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Well it wasn't very useful for its ELO measurements quite yet, but frankly I never understood why everyone was so fixated on that. Thats a minor feature compared to everything else it was offering..(a compendium of smash history, advanced search for the entire player pool, auto seeding at tournaments, youtube links and search, etc)

Learning the distribution of the player pool by character was so ****ing cool. That alone made the project worthwhile.

kd-

Smash Lord
What exactly were you relying on from SSBPD currently? Skill? Who's better than who? Match history? Bragging rights? Because there was no tournaments going on in Michigan for a while...

Mahie

Smash Lord
What exactly were you relying on from SSBPD currently? Skill? Who's better than who? Match history? Bragging rights? Because there was no tournaments going on in Michigan for a while...
a compendium of smash history, advanced search for the entire player pool, auto seeding at tournaments, youtube links and search, etc

Learning the distribution of the player pool by character was so ****ing cool. That alone made the project worthwhile.
To which I'll add easy and in-depth access to the latest tournament results.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
To which I'll add easy and in-depth access to the latest tournament results.
Yup.

The majority of tournaments don't even get put on the tournament results subforum anymore. You have to scour regional threads to know whats going on in other regions, and even then, you won't find all the answers...tournaments nowadays can be run entirely on facebook groups. Some regions don't even use smashboards anymore (internationals especially).

SSBPD made it all easy.

Save us based Foxlisk :(

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Pretty much everything results-related.

Imagine if nobody had saved any stats/results/videos from the last half century of pro sports. It just wouldn't be the same. You couldn't compare anything, players could leave no legacy, and shows like SportsCenter couldn't exist. It seems ridiculous to me now that as recently as last year, if wanted to know the results of ROM 2 or some other past national, you had to search for it on Google/Smashboards and scroll through a wall of text to find the right thread, then click on it only to find out maybe the bracket wasn't saved or the tio file went missing. The SSBPD solved that problem and introduced to us a need that we previously didn't know existed, and I hope it gets back on track soon.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Why not ask smashboards administrators if the only problem is finding a webspace

:phone:

Top Bottom