• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Yoshi CG List ""FRAME DATA INFO CHANGED A FEW THINGS"" (Updated on 9/29/09)

Mmac

Smash Lord
As Promised, here are the Kill %'s for the ones proved to worked

DK - 145% Usmash
Ice Climbers - 116% Usmash
Olimar - 105% Uair
Jigglypuff - 85% Uair
Ness - 115% Uair
Ness - 120% Usmash
Lucas - 125% Usmash*

*Before you question Lucas's weight problem, remember that Ness you are hitting above, while Lucas you are hitting near the ground.

Olimar I tested, and is very likely to do, but somewhat difficult to pull off. However, Diddy, ZSS, Pit, Ivysaur, Charizard, and Sonic don't look likely. You can test them if you want, but I can't for awhile. The time I tested them with my friend I didn't have good luck with them

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I don't think I can add a lot of those because Ness and Jiggs and Ics are not CGable It would be confusing to some people if they see them on the list.

I added DK and Lucas though.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I think they should be though. It won't get much attention anywhere else.

Plus you added that release grab spike characters, and half of them couldn't be CG'ed >_>

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman

Plus you added that release grab spike characters, and half of them couldn't be CG'ed >_>
I think it should go in your thread, it makes more sense >.>

SOVAman

Smash Hero

Actually I took off the grab release spike but I will add both things later I don't have the time right now.

bigman40

Smash Master
I mean, unless you want to do the extra work of adding all the characters that can be Usmashed, Naired (I think I found a small few), or Uaired, then another thread would be good for it. It's your opinion though.

Mmac

Smash Lord
A few more, Pit can be Chaingrabbed, but is about at the same caliber as Snake/Dedede

Diddy Kong can be Usmashed on Release. Hard to do, but possible with correct timing

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yeah, I've done this plenty of times..... but it was very informative. For some reason, my favourite throw/grab is Luigi's.... Yoshi's is also pretty good though, well anyways, very informative thread. ^^

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I would suggest just renaming the thread "Yoshi Grab Release Thread", then adding the usmash/uair kill %s, the grab release to spike characters, the CG, etc.
Assuming everyone would be fine with merging it all together, of course.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I would suggest just renaming the thread "Yoshi Grab Release Thread", then adding the usmash/uair kill %s, the grab release to spike characters, the CG, etc.
Assuming everyone would be fine with merging it all together, of course.

That would be a pretty good idea, but it's fine like this, don't you think?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Your post says Wolf is one of the hardest to be chain grabbed. The thing is Wolf touches the ground before you can grab him again. Once he does this he can move making him unable to be chain grabbed.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I really doubt the legitimate of the Wolf CG. I Just don't think it's possible.

Also Pit can be Chaingrabbed

Mmac

Smash Lord
I tested it and it works. I didn't say it was an easy one though.

You need to grab him during the twirling animation at the end of his release. His foot sticks out like a sore.... foot >_>

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Even if you can CG just depending on that foot (and I'm pretty sure you can't), it would seem that it would be pretty much impossible to do consistently, offline or not.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
It is impossible believe me if you are testing it online then the person is really bad a testing **** or it is delayed online.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I tested it offline with a friend (I beat him up if he screwed up), and it does work.

But now I tested it again and I can't get to work anymore

YOU JINXED ME! ;_ ;

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: If it helps the situation any, people can try these CGs out on level nine computers.

They will always jump out at the earliest opportunity. I have not seen behavior dictating otherwise from them.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
And put in 1/4 mode too. Or you could play your friend in training mode and set it to 1/4 mode.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Can someone confirm the following two for me?

Yoshi can chaingrab Diddy Kong with back throws up to 34%. With this, Yoshi can chaingrab in one direction, back throw, regrab, and chaingrab again.

Yoshi can chaingrab Pikachu with back throws up to some meager percent under 40% (probably the same as Diddy Kong, but I haven't been able to verify when it stops). Unlike the CG on Diddy, though, this one only lasts for two back throws and then has to be redone. However, one can still chaingrab in one direction, back throw, regrab, and chaingrab again.

Because of the nature of Yoshi's grab releases and people's different timings, especially with the buffer system, I'd like to see some feedback on these, if it's possible. Thanks, guys.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
:yoshi: Can someone confirm the following two for me?

Yoshi can chaingrab Diddy Kong with back throws up to 34%. With this, Yoshi can chaingrab in one direction, back throw, regrab, and chaingrab again.

Yoshi can chaingrab Pikachu with back throws up to some meager percent under 40% (probably the same as Diddy Kong, but I haven't been able to verify when it stops). Unlike the CG on Diddy, though, this one only lasts for two back throws and then has to be redone. However, one can still chaingrab in one direction, back throw, regrab, and chaingrab again.

Because of the nature of Yoshi's grab releases and people's different timings, especially with the buffer system, I'd like to see some feedback on these, if it's possible. Thanks, guys.
I think the back throw works up to 40% on a few characters but I haven't truly tested this. I will test this stuff out and post it up.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I tried this against a level 9 CPU Diddy Kong, and it was able to jump out of my back throw instantly (at the apex of his flight) at about 25%. I'll keep working on it, though.

Depster

Smash Champion
No, actual throws don't work. I was chaingrabbing 90% of the cast with forward throws, then when I tried people, they just jumped =3

Groundbreaking theory: I have done no testing, just put in some thought:

Ok, so Yoshi is now the second fastest ground speed character with DT, right? The CG on Meta is really easy, right? possible DT to pivot grab infinite on MK?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Doubtful. Meta Knight falls too fast.

And I'm asking about the Diddy and Pikachu chaingrabs with back throw because I have done them in tournament, but want to know if I've caught my opponents off guard or if it's actually inescapable. DI on Yoshi's non-downthrow are kind of difficult to get a grasp of when you're the one being thrown, but DI still affects the trajectory nonetheless. Yoshi has very few low percent regrabs with back and forward throw on most characters, but I think these (the back throws on Diddy and Pikachu) might be chains up to some percent, regardless of whether it's mediocre or not.

Thanks for looking into it, everyone who is.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'm almost certain they were just caught off-guard, because I've been trying it against Diddy on 1/4 speed now, but he always seems to be able to break it on a back throw.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
:yoshi: Doubtful. Meta Knight falls too fast.

And I'm asking about the Diddy and Pikachu chaingrabs with back throw because I have done them in tournament, but want to know if I've caught my opponents off guard or if it's actually inescapable. DI on Yoshi's non-downthrow are kind of difficult to get a grasp of when you're the one being thrown, but DI still affects the trajectory nonetheless. Yoshi has very few low percent regrabs with back and forward throw on most characters, but I think these (the back throws on Diddy and Pikachu) might be chains up to some percent, regardless of whether it's mediocre or not.

Thanks for looking into it, everyone who is.

When I played you as Diddy Kong you were able to get the Bthrow CG on me. I still have the replay too.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Were you trying to jump out, though? Either way, I'll do some more testing and see what I find.

Top Bottom