• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

olimar matchup stage counterpicks: anything you want to fill in not already filled on

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
yo, i think yoshis island(brawl) is actually good against falco, cause eroup beat sk92's falco with it, from what i understand the middle part screws up falcos chaingrab, and the lazer can be ducked there and the phantom flash thingy isn't as effective, does anyne else agree?

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Falco shouldn't chaingrab Olimar.

Phantom shouldn't do much to you.
Lasers -are- buffed on this stage -I think-.
We can chaingrab Falco to 55% on certain parts.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Luigi... Luigi's aerial mobility is poor. Olimar has to rely great perfect spacing to beat Luigi. FD helps you do that. BF not so much, but it's not a bad counterpick.

Mario...I've got no idea. I'd just CP BF or LM or somethin.

Marth is good on most stages. I really just pick a stage I like, such as BF or LM.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
for mario, my experience is they like approaching with short hopped fireballs to any smashes or a throw and if you block it with pikmin and try to counter you get caped quite easily which leads to fsmash or naired so i would think levels like lylat and the mansion(of course) work good, bf i think is also ok but it seems the best if lylat due to there recovery can be messed up on it, thoughts?

i have to agree with you on luigi because i can't find a way to fight them

and marth, just don't bring to a flat stage(except luigi mansion) or rainbow cruise obviously but lately ive seen that lylat helps with spacing more than bf against marth and that is more important the the platforms in this match im not sure about this one though

asob4

Smash Champion
against mario, pokemon stadium is a good one, since the ledge can **** their recovery pretty bad

Dyyne

Smash Ace
idk if we did falco yet or not, but lylat is pretty good because you can get out of the cg sometimes because of the tilt of the level.

asob4

Smash Champion
vs pika i' say BF or lylat because it can stop thunder if need be and can mess up their QAC
pit.... uhhh........... weegee's :D
PT: anywhere really. i think FD or smashville should be fine

asob4

Smash Champion
ROB: BF or lylat, platforms allow you to stay under him, where he sucks majorly

Samus: anywhere... it's samus...

Shiek: no idea i sorry

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
snake-anywhere pretty much. Maybe not LM. FD gives you more space to work with while limiting his stage control game, and BF helps you juggle him into the next decade.
sonic-I'm not really sure.
toonlink- anywhere really- imo. BF, FD, and LM work for all the regular reasons.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
wario- we covered him in the matchup thread.
wolf- lylat definitely.
yoshi- I would think lylat. I'm not entirely sure though. If they double jump under the wing, they're screwed. thoughts?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
zelda- FD helps you spacing wise. BF helps you when you're juggling. Pick and choose.
sheik- You HAVE to space well in this matchup. It's much easier to do this on FD.
zero zuit zamus- I like FD against ZSS. You actually have time to pick your pikmin and then shield in the very beginning. You can't do this on the short small stages. ZSS rivals you spacing wise and FD just...helps...

/2 cents

asob4

Smash Champion
vs ZSS go to corneria!!!
the curves of the stage either drop the pieces to you or wall them with the slope

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
format:
character
best stage
second best/third best/ect.
worst(is always rainbow cruise)
second worst

Bowser

luigi mansion

rainbow cruise

Captain Falcon
luigi mansion

rainbow cruise

Diddy Kong
bf
luigi's mansion/norfair
rainbow cruise

Donkey Kong
luigi mansion

rainbow cruise

Falco

luigi mansion
norfair
rainbow cruise
jungle japes
Fox
luigi mansion
lylat cruise/ battlefield
rainbow cruise

game and watch
yoshis island

rainbow cruise
norfair

Ganondorf

luigi mansion
bf/norfair/basically any stage good for olimar
rainbow cruise

Ice Climbers
norfair
bf
rainbow cruise
yoskis island/fd/sv/any stage with long flat ground
Ike
luigi mansion
bf
rainbow cruise

Jigglypuff
corneria
luigi mansion

rainbow cruise
King Dedede
bf
luigi mansion
rainbow cruise

Kirby
luigi mansion
corneria
rainbow cruise

Link
bf
luigi mansion
rainbow cruise

Lucario

rainbow cruise

Lucas

rainbow cruise

Luigi
fd
bf
rainbow cruise

Mario
luigi mansion
pokemon stadium/ lylat
rainbow cruise

Marth
mansion
lylat/bf
rainbow cruise

Meta Knight
poke stadium 1
battlefield/corneria
rainbow cruise

Ness

rainbow cruise

**Olimar** d--(^.^)z

rainbow cruise

Peach
yoshi island

rainbow cruise

Pikachu

lylat
bf/corneria
rainbow cruise
delphlino plaza
pit
luigi mansion

rainbow cruise

Pokemon Trainer

luigi mansion
fd/sv
rainbow cruise

R.O.B
bf
lylat
rainbow cruise

Samus
luigi mansion
any other good oli stage
rainbow cruise

Sheik

fd

rainbow cruise

Snake
luigi mansion
bf
rainbow cruise

Sonic

norfair

rainbow cruise

Toon Link
luigi mansion
bf
rainbow cruise

Wario
luigi mansion
fd
rainbow cruise

Wolf
luigi mansion
lylat cruise/pokestadium 1
rainbow cruise
jungle japes

Yoshi

lylat

rainbow cruise

Zelda

luigi mansion
fd
rainbow cruise

Zelda/Shiek
luigi mansion
bf/lylat cruise(zelda)
fd/lylat cruise(sheik)
rainbow cruise

Zero Suit Samus
corneria
fd
rainbow cruise

ok, this seems to be a finalized list, i would like you guys to make sure its good and tell me some mistakes and i think it will be done, even though i might put some basic advantages of each level with each character
, but would like some feedback ,and some stages to avoid(besides rainbow cruise and frigate obviously)

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Thinking about it, the stage I would pick as MK against Olimar (since you ban RC, obv) is Luigi's Mansion. I'd put that as the "second worst" against MK in other words.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
uh, someone try out lylat aginst mk and tell me if that works, cause it seems to be a great level against him but i would like more feedback first

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Against Sonic you don't want rainbow cruise. Olimar is terrible on it, sonic has great recovery. Just cause it's all platforms and he can't abuse speed doesn't mean he owns :p. Sonic has a great aerial game (not superior to olimar though) as well as Aerial Spin Charge to do massive damage if he hits all. You want a level where Sonic's grabs aren't as useful. Rainbow Cruise being a moving stage with platforms close to the edge, you can be easily b-throwed off.
And LOL at GaW on rainbow cruise

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
please read the format, the first two spots are good stages, second two are bad stages, if there a blanks that means we haven't found a stage for the spot yet(hence why each character has 4 spots)

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
format:
character
best stage
second best/third best/ect.
worst(is always rainbow cruise)
second worst

and this is from olimar's standpoint

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
ok, well lets go back and get some of these empty characters filled now

also, lylat cruise is definetely a much better stage against mk than bf, so im swithching that

Dyyne

Smash Ace
I kinda thought that snake dominated too much on bf, since it's small enough that you can barely move without running into a grenade, mine, etc., which can still hit you even if they're on platforms.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I kinda thought that snake dominated too much on bf, since it's small enough that you can barely move without running into a grenade, mine, etc., which can still hit you even if they're on platforms.
stuff like this gives me an idea, the pending list where im not usre or someone brought up a certain point about a level makes me unsure will go

guess ill start it now:

The Pending list
1: Snake on bf(dyne brought up good point)
2: Snake on fd(i think thats good anyways but want more input)
3: Mk on lylat(i personally think its the best neutral vs mk or anyone period, like a better sv in my opinion but would want more input)
any issue brought up will be put on here and hopefully throughly discussed

Dyyne

Smash Ace
I agree w/ lylat being better than bf. For one thing, the middle platform is also low, which makes it actually useful. Also, the slopes allow for interesting camping. Finally, the edges that you can get stuck under I feel aren't as harmful to other characters, since the tether auto-grabs the edge, often at angles that seem like they shouldn't work.

Top Bottom