• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Smash/PJ64k Troubleshooting Guide [VISTA GUIDE]

§ilverEcho

Smash Cadet
does anyone know about this error:
"Current GFX dll could not be used please selected another one"
(the part "please selected another one", the "selected", is what appears not select...

epidiOn

Smash Cadet
I think I got that error when I tried to put RiceVideo and BMGLib into the PJ64k folder from the new Mupen v0.6, though I can't remember for sure.

Wait, I think it was when I renamed 3D8 into 3D7 in my plugins folder because it couldn't find the usual Direct3D8.dll path file. It doesn't really mess anything up, if I remember correctly. Just go to Settings and make sure you're on one that works.

§ilverEcho

Smash Cadet
I think I got that error when I tried to put RiceVideo and BMGLib into the PJ64k folder from the new Mupen v0.6, though I can't remember for sure.

Wait, I think it was when I renamed 3D8 into 3D7 in my plugins folder because it couldn't find the usual Direct3D8.dll path file. It doesn't really mess anything up, if I remember correctly. Just go to Settings and make sure you're on one that works.
Thanks it worked.:)

epidiOn

Smash Cadet
Yeah no problem. Can you tell me what specs your computer is running, graphics card, settings, plugins etc.? I'm trying to fix a lag problem.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Hey. Actually I'm in Hong Kong for the summer so I'm not going to be on AIM or MSN for a while, just the boards. As for the Vista problem, it seems like your computer should be able to run it fine. However, since you're using the newer graphics plugin there will automatically be some lag because of the extra processing the system has to do.

As of now I haven't been working to solve the Vista lag problem because

1. I'm in Hong Kong and
2. I've partitioned and installed XP on my computer so I usually just end up using that for Smash instead.

A suggestion that may help is to set the delay to 1 when you are playing. On Emularena that would be /setdelay 1. The default delay is 2. Another suggestion is to play on Excellent or LAN connection type. Both these methods should reduce lag by a significant amount if your connection speed can handle it. Remember that you have to be hosting to set the delay, and if you change the connction type everyone needs to have the same settings for you to play.

A final suggestion is to just install XP on a partition like I did. If you play this game often enough it'll be worth it in the end, because Vista still has graphics issues, not only connection issues with PJ64k.
blahblahblah glitch in smashboards

captaincrunch007

Smash Rookie
This will sound very noobish, but whenever I open Kaillera it freezes up. I click the "start netplay..." thing, it opens up, but then it freezes about a quarter of a second later. I never used to have this problem, and it didn't go away when I reinstalled or restarted. You know whats wrong?

blahisuck

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I've got a problem with my PJ64k, whenever I "start netplay" and I click "Enter IP", I input 69.90.34.110:27888 but my PC stalls and a "Connecting..." screen. Is this because of my IP address?

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Check the IP address. If not and you were able to connect before, it's probably a server issue so try again.

Captaincrunch: Sometimes the program will start acting up. Restart and get a new copy of pj64k. What OS are you running?

epidiOn

Smash Cadet
@blahisuck: Download the newer version of the Kaillera Client. It's one of the .dll's in the Mupen 0.6 download, I believe it's kailleraclient.dll there. When you load it up it will be a bigger window that says something like 'Strusser's List'. Right click -> Refresh list and find Emularena {Unit X}.

HumanIce

Smash Cadet
I've played on it few times, but why a HUGE guide??
you just search google, download it, open it, go to file, choose net play, then enter a name, and join a server.. thats all what people need to do o_o

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Use PJ64k. And I believe the client that comes with the Mupen download needs to be renamed to kailleraclient.dll.

kartel

Smash Rookie
hey im using windows vista and umbrasquall's post help me play smash online but i was trying to play mario kart online but everytime i get some1 to play it starts off good then at the main menu screen goes black and message pops up at the bottom right of the screen saying display driver stopped responding and has recovered. and under that it says display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered. have no idea whats up withthat but anyone knows anything plz post. p.s : thanks again unbrasquall and meow lol

wilson7913

Smash Cadet
I'm running Vista and I've read all these posts and like I assumed it hasn't worked. kartel how did you get it to work?

Shinobi_88

Smash Rookie
Ok, I think this is the right place...

The problem I am having is me and a friend are trying to set a game up online, we connect to a server and start a game just fine....except when we get to the character select screen, my friend (who is player 2) can't move, and we have the player 2 controller plugged on the settings....Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Wilson: List the errors you are getting.

Shinobi: Read the guide, you didn't uncheck raw data. Unless you mean you're trying to play on the same computer.

wilson7913

Smash Cadet
I'm running Vista and I can go into the kaillera client and all that and join the games but when they start and the emulator actually has to start running the game the new windows recovery thing comes up and just says the Project 64k has stopped running windows is trying to find a solution. That's basically it.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
So you're on different computers?

Both of you need to uncheck player 2 then. Everyone is player 1 online.

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
I downloaded Project64k 0.13 from http://pj64k.emulation64.com/ and when i try to open p64k.exe it says current GFX couldn't be used and then it opens but a lot of the things can't be clicked (including the open rom thing, so i can't start ssb). Can somebody help me.

And is there a way to download a p64k comes with everything ready to install like p64?

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wilson: You overwrite the old one with the new one.

Phazon: I have no idea, sorry. I've never come across that error before...

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Dang it, I tried everything to get my a **** GFX.dll to work and nothings working. The only things my rom started out with are Gfx #1.2h and Gfx #1.3h. So I tried to find my own but the best I could find was a gfx2.dll which doesn't work either!! So if anyone knows how to help me please tell me.

Metrofan

Smash Cadet
If you can't play pj64k because you have vista, you need a "special" kind of pj64k you might say. I don't know whats so special about it but I've been playing pj64k on vista for a long time now with a pj64k that a friend send me. If you guys want I can send you my pj64k and you should be able to play, add me on MSN Metrofan17@hotmail.com. No I don't use AIM.

Poponfu

Smash Rookie
the steps he listed worked fine for me getting p64k to work on vista... its actually mupen that crashes for me :(

Spamdini

Smash Rookie
alright so im having a bunch of issues. 1st i cant get any servers in my list when i refresh it. the only way i can get into 1 is because i have it in my favs. that just happened and i dont know how. the next thing is that i have some delay when i play online and press buttons on my controller. im using jabos input plugin. so like people are telling me when they play online its just as smooth as if they were using their 64s its not like that for me. i get the button delay like i said AND the audio is stuttering. like crazy. im using azimers audio plugin (old driver). any help would be great guys i wanna start playing.

Teh Uber Parachuter

Smash Cadet
Ok, I've read over the guides, and I looked through every post in the thread, but I'm still having a major problem. Whenever my friend and I start up a match, it always quickly ends up in EXTREME desynching. In fact, the last time we tried, he ended up fighting two totally different opponents. Is there a fix for desynching, or is it just the phail of my connection that's to blame?

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I've read over the guides, and I looked through every post in the thread, but I'm still having a major problem. Whenever my friend and I start up a match, it always quickly ends up in EXTREME desynching. In fact, the last time we tried, he ended up fighting two totally different opponents. Is there a fix for desynching, or is it just the phail of my connection that's to blame?
Mupen is a good fix for desynching, and it is really the emulators fault...

Top Bottom