• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Smash/PJ64k Troubleshooting Guide [VISTA GUIDE]

bloodbane

Smash Rookie
All right. I'm trying to help my friend run SSB online, but unfortunately when he joins my room, he keeps getting a Zip Error that keeps his PJ64k from loading SSB. He says he can play it offline no problem though.

Yes, he has Vista. Any suggestions? I couldn't find anything that fixes the zip error in your guide.

epidiOn

Smash Cadet
I'm having a rather odd issue that I haven't heard of from anyone else yet besides a friend I tried to work with this evening. I have followed everything in this guide to get the right plugin and hook up my controller. Everything works fine offline. It is perhaps more responsive than the console and there aren't any graphics problems.

When I try to go online to Emularena, I only have one problem - there is a slight controller delay. This happens when playing against people or in my own game against a computer. As soon as I get online the problem starts. The graphics are fine, there isn't any lag/delay in the game and the FPS stays around 60. Everything works great except for a short controller delay that makes it pretty much unplayable. I have tried being connected via Hamachi to my friend but we both still had the same problem.

Since everything works while offline I very much doubt that the problem is due to plugins or graphics issues. Literally the only problem is online controller delay. I tried P2P once and recall the quality being better than playing on a server, although I can't quite recall whether or not I had much controller delay. I tried getting onto P2P tonight with a friend but neither of us have our ports forwarded so we couldn't join each others' games; I am unable to test whether this problem persists on P2P.

If anyone can help, that would be really great.

Specs:
Fast Comcast internet connection (I've tried both wired and wireless)
Sony Vaio VGN-FE770G laptop
120 GB hard drive
1 GB RAM

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm afraid that will always happen, no matter how good your computer is.

You can get rid of it by using P2P, www,portforward.com can help you with the port forwarding process.

qutee30

Smash Rookie
Heyya I have a strange problem..
I've been playing online with pj64k on vista a while now (I fixed all my graphic/speed problems) with no problems. But since 1-2 weeks my pj64k AND pj64 1.6 have been slow. In the menus there is no delay, just 60 fps (that is normal right?). But when the game starts it changes to a constant 40-50 fps in a one on one against the computer and online. When I play with pj64k against the computer with 3 or more characters it even turns into 30 fps.

I did various virus scans and nothing has been found, I reinstalled pj64k and installed the plugins recommended bla bla but it didnt help.
The weird part is that up until 3 weeks ago I played with no problems at all and suddenly last week it became slow. So basically I did everything I could, thats why I'm asking if someone had a similar problem and how to fix this problem.

thanks in advance

flaco

The Terminator
Heyya I have a strange problem..
I've been playing online with pj64k on vista a while now (I fixed all my graphic/speed problems) with no problems. But since 1-2 weeks my pj64k AND pj64 1.6 have been slow. In the menus there is no delay, just 60 fps (that is normal right?). But when the game starts it changes to a constant 40-50 fps in a one on one against the computer and online. When I play with pj64k against the computer with 3 or more characters it even turns into 30 fps.

I did various virus scans and nothing has been found, I reinstalled pj64k and installed the plugins recommended bla bla but it didnt help.
The weird part is that up until 3 weeks ago I played with no problems at all and suddenly last week it became slow. So basically I did everything I could, thats why I'm asking if someone had a similar problem and how to fix this problem.

thanks in advance
what are your computer specks my friend

qutee30

Smash Rookie
what are your computer specks my friend
I have a Toshiba Satellite L40 Series:

Intel Pentium dual core 1,87 GHz
2 GB Ram
120 GB hard drive
Mobile Intel 945 GM: 256 MB graphic RAM

just in case; I have a 10MBps internet connection

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
What is your ping on the server?

Test it offline. If it doesn't lag offline then it's a connection problem. Get back to us with the results and we'll try to work it from there.

qutee30

Smash Rookie
What is your ping on the server?

Test it offline. If it doesn't lag offline then it's a connection problem. Get back to us with the results and we'll try to work it from there.
Two weeks ago my ping was (on emularena) about 110, but i played with no delay/problems at all. My ping now is also 110 but there is this delay. I have the same delay offline as online. That's the strange part; I didnt change any settings, my comp is still the same, except the pj64k ofcourse but suddenly I get this delay..

infernovia

Smash Ace
This isn't a vista question as much as a router question, but here is my problem.

I have a Belkin My Essentials router which has worked fine for most of the things I have done. I use a modified Kaillera client so that I can P2P, and I can join hosted games fine. The problem I have is hosting. Even if I opened my port, people cannot seem to connect to me. Its really weird, and I would like some help.

According to my P2P friend, I have to forward the IP address with the right octet or something, but I don't really understand what that is. Here is what I am looking at:
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Belkin/MyEssentials-ME1004-R/default.htm

Please, any help is appreciated.

edit: And is it possible to have a battle on different comp that uses the same router?

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'm having a problem connecting to ANY server online. Whenever I join a server, the windows error message pops up asking me to send a report and then it closes the program. I can play SSB64 offline but I can't ever connect to a server because it just kicks me off. Any solutions to this problem?

MattNF

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm having a problem connecting to ANY server online. Whenever I join a server, the windows error message pops up asking me to send a report and then it closes the program. I can play SSB64 offline but I can't ever connect to a server because it just kicks me off. Any solutions to this problem?
This happens when your firewall blocks Kaillera from connecting to the internet.

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
This happens when your firewall blocks Kaillera from connecting to the internet.
The thing is, I have Kaillera as an exception on my firewall and it still gives me an error message. I also tried turning it off to see if it just wasn't doing it correctly, same error. I'm not sure what exactly is causing it...

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
just wondering what OS ARE you running?

and have you tried mupen...just to see?

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
just wondering what OS ARE you running?

and have you tried mupen...just to see?
I'm running Microsoft Xp. Yes I know this is a vista thread but I couldn't find a better place to post. I haven't tried mupen. I'll check and see.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
there is a b00tube video
look up run project 64k on vista.

Vista seems to have major trouble. Either try Mupen or download the packet found in the video. I reccomend Mupen and Project 64k P2p

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Oh well

Oh well, I finally registered on theforum just so i could get this answered (Not on the guide or on other posts)

I run XP, so pj64 works perfectly fine in pretty much every aspect...

And well, when I try to play Online theres always some problem...
When I host P2P and start the game, it always drops the other player from the game. immediately upon starting it
.. I think it has to do with the ROM, but I've tried with both of us having the same file and nu.

When trying to connect to a game through any of the servers, it claims that I do not have that fie in the ROM directory.. Presumably Super Smash Bros. (U) [!] I have that exact same file, but upon loading it to the ROM directory list, it lacks the [!], Same when I want to create it on the server... O-o nd since it lacks that [!] It will pretty much tell me its not the same game the others are playing... I've downloaded the ROM in many places and it has the same Issue... the "Good Name" doesn't change regardess of the filename.. ANd I dont seem to be able to edit it to work...

SO... Helps nya?

benf025

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. Haven't been able to find anything on my problem so i figured i'd just set up an account.

I'm running XP and have project64 running perfectly. However for some reason when i run project64k the damage stays at 0% (although the characters fly farther as they continue to get hit as normal) and the time starts at 4:30 and doesn't change in a time battle. Anyone know whats going on here?

Seala

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone. Haven't been able to find anything on my problem so i figured i'd just set up an account.

I'm running XP and have project64 running perfectly. However for some reason when i run project64k the damage stays at 0% (although the characters fly farther as they continue to get hit as normal) and the time starts at 4:30 and doesn't change in a time battle. Anyone know whats going on here?
I remember getting that problem at some point, I think there was a bug with some cheat, can't remember exactly how I solved, I accualy think I had to reinstall the emulator, because once you had turned a certain cheat on you couldn't get rid of that 0% problem, but yeah... there's probably a simpler way to do it.

benf025

Smash Rookie
sick you were right im not sure exactly what cheat it was but i just turned everything off that i didnt need and it worked. Didn't even have to reinstall it. thanks seala

DMoogle

A$
When I move another window (including the cheats menu) over PJ64K when a game is running or when another program is in focus and I focus on the game window, sometimes (not always) the screen will freeze and I'll have to restart the game. No error message. Anybody have any idea why this is?

I'm running 64-bit Vista Ultimate, Aero is off.

-A$

NixxxoN

Smash Master
When I move another window (including the cheats menu) over PJ64K when a game is running or when another program is in focus and I focus on the game window, sometimes (not always) the screen will freeze and I'll have to restart the game. No error message. Anybody have any idea why this is?

I'm running 64-bit Vista Ultimate, Aero is off.

-A$
I have the same problem. Don't move windows when game is opened lol

DMoogle

A$
Problem is I need to turn on cheats in-game (for some reason when I do it before I open the game it doesn't send properly to my opponents), so maybe 25% of the time I turn on the cheats then the screen freezes and I have to restart. It's an inconvenience I can deal with, but if anybody has a solution I'd appreciate it.

-A$

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I have a problem with N-Rage's 1.83 plug-in offline. Whenever I try moving the character select hand, it doesn't seem to move. It handles my controller a lot better than Jabo's DirectInput, but Jabo's seems to be the only one that works on the character select screen. This is a problem for me because Jabo's plug-in doesn't like my controller's up button.

Can someone help me with this?

I run Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

EDIT: This thread really should be stickied.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
True, but this is a very useful thread that contains information about problems that also affect XP users.

I fixed my problem, by the way.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Uh...for me right after it says Emulation started it just freezes and stops working. Nothing comes up. IDK what is wrong. Help plz?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Problem is I need to turn on cheats in-game (for some reason when I do it before I open the game it doesn't send properly to my opponents), so maybe 25% of the time I turn on the cheats then the screen freezes and I have to restart. It's an inconvenience I can deal with, but if anybody has a solution I'd appreciate it.

-A$
A$ that is not a problem with vista.
That is an issue with EmulinkerSF

Smoom77

Smash Master
Alright, I just got all that good stuff downloaded, PJKVE, Kaillera, but when I try to connect to any server, it connects forever! I haven't connected once. I'm actually on Windows 7, but let's pretend I'm on Vista.

Any help? =/

NixxxoN

Smash Master
BUMP! I think this should be a sticky... even more with teh new Windows 7.

I have a friend who has a motherfking error (he has Windows Vista) and he can't get rid of it and he tried everything. Typical Direct3D error, we tried the compatibility thing , he tried the jabos direct3d8 to 3d7 renaming, he tried downloading Pj64kVE.... He tried everything I've seen on those forums. Nothing works. Help anyone?

MattNF

Smash Lord
BUMP! I think this should be a sticky... even more with teh new Windows 7.

I have a friend who has a motherfking error (he has Windows Vista) and he can't get rid of it and he tried everything. Typical Direct3D error, we tried the compatibility thing , he tried the jabos direct3d8 to 3d7 renaming, he tried downloading Pj64kVE.... He tried everything I've seen on those forums. Nothing works. Help anyone?
>nixxxon
>friends

Don't lie to us Nixxxon.

dandan

Smash Lord
I always have a problem when i am trying to connect to servers
I almost always get the 0 users & 0 games thing, i'll add a picture to show this.
I know it is something with my connection/isp because i have formatted my pc and still the
problem continues. Moreover, i seems to work if i connect to my uni network and doesn't work
when i connect to my home network.
If anyone knows how to fix this (whether i need to replace client - is the supraclient better? i cannot find it) please let me know, because i can almost never play teams.
I have xp btw.
Here is a pic of me trying to get into galaxy, i can get these for like 20-40 times in a row (and you get a minute ban or so after every four tries):

DMoogle

A$
Well, I just upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista (both 64-bit Ultimate), and now PJ64K refuses to run. I'm getting the "Not enough memory for Jump Table" and "Failed to allocate memory" as described in this thread. Besides the upgrade, I also switched to Bitdefender's security suite from ESET/NOD32 (ESET/NOD32 didn't agree with the upgrade, but I was planning on switching to Bitdefender anyway based on the good things I had heard).

I can't play any SSB online until I get this fixed. :( I tried re-downloading it from Galaxy 64's website, but it still didn't work.

dandan: is it possible you have a firewall or IP blocker preventing you from connecting? Try pinging the server from the command prompt. A couple of months ago I was having problems connecting to Godweapon, and I found out that it was because the IP was on Peerguardian's blocklist (that program is so **** buggy on Vista, so it wasn't notifying me that it was blocking it, hurray for PeerBlock).

EDIT: Oh yeah and before anyone asks, I have 4GB RAM and a Radeon 4870 (512MB) graphics card.

dandan

Smash Lord
Well, I just upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista (both 64-bit Ultimate), and now PJ64K refuses to run. I'm getting the "Not enough memory for Jump Table" and "Failed to allocate memory" as described in this thread. Besides the upgrade, I also switched to Bitdefender's security suite from ESET/NOD32 (ESET/NOD32 didn't agree with the upgrade, but I was planning on switching to Bitdefender anyway based on the good things I had heard).

I can't play any SSB online until I get this fixed. :( I tried re-downloading it from Galaxy 64's website, but it still didn't work.

dandan: is it possible you have a firewall or IP blocker preventing you from connecting? Try pinging the server from the command prompt. A couple of months ago I was having problems connecting to Godweapon, and I found out that it was because the IP was on Peerguardian's blocklist (that program is so **** buggy on Vista, so it wasn't notifying me that it was blocking it, hurray for PeerBlock).
First of all, i have no ip blocker or firewall (except the standard win one, which is actually quite good - I am an IT and IS guy, so i know :)) the servers are not blocked, i can connect to them after multiple tries, but it takes so god**** long.

and i have installed win 7 x64 ultimate and the pj from the galaxy website and it works fine,
but i have installed the microsoft security essentials (also switched from nod - it hates win 7).

what other programs have you installed, any tuneup utilities and the such?

Top Bottom