• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Smash/PJ64k Troubleshooting Guide [VISTA GUIDE]

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
ok this error keeps coming up an di have no idea how to fix it... "Direct3D has failed to initialize your HAL device make sure u have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct3D 6.0"... :urg:

so anybody have any ideas?

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
ok this error keeps coming up an di have no idea how to fix it... "Direct3D has failed to initialize your HAL device make sure u have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct3D 6.0"... :urg:

so anybody have any ideas?
You have to download Jabo's D3D8 plugin (sorry, no link. I can email it to you if you provide me with your email); and rename it to 7 instead of 8.

That should fix it.
If you have any other problems, let me know. My info should be in my profile. <<;

Jeremy Smith

Smash Apprentice
seems like a very well writen guide. im not having problems yet since my controller isnt hooked up im just wondering if someone can explain to me how hooking up the controller works. like i google usb adaptor to try nad find what i need but the only thing i found plugs into the mouse stop and then has a usb on the other side. im looking to plug in either a ps2 or an n64 controller not a mouse.

thanks for any help

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone help my problem? After playing a while with pretty much any game a message pops up saying "Max Codes blocks reached"

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Did you managed to fix this? I've never seen this error before, and I don't know what it could be. If I have to guess it would have to do with not enough RAM. What are your computer specs?

ShadowTaz

Smash Rookie
Hi. I'm new here. You probably noticed immediately. :x

Anyway. I'm not having any problems playing. (aside from insane lag when trying to record with fraps, and not understanding how to get online at all.) but.. all of the shields are flat, and Samus' beam doesn't get bigger.. and is nearly non-existent. The link in the first post doesn't work, and the most recent version I can get is 1.4, apparently. Can anyone help me out here? I don't want pancake shields. ; _ ;

D.Q

Smash Apprentice

Anyway. I'm not having any problems playing. (aside from insane lag when trying to record with fraps, and not understanding how to get online at all.) but.. all of the shields are flat, and Samus' beam doesn't get bigger.. and is nearly non-existent. The link in the first post doesn't work, and the most recent version I can get is 1.4, apparently. Can anyone help me out here? I don't want pancake shields. ; _ ;
Go search for Project64 1.6 on google. People should do that more often, you know.

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice

To fix the graphical error, download this here, and save it to inside your plugins folder wherever your emulator is saved.

ShadowTaz

Smash Rookie
I got 1.6, and it fixed those problems, but now weird stuff happens in the menus. Like half of Fox's face will disappear in the character select screen. (Just an example. Other things happen at random.) and the sound randomly distorts. @_@

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
I got 1.6, and it fixed those problems, but now weird stuff happens in the menus. Like half of Fox's face will disappear in the character select screen. (Just an example. Other things happen at random.) and the sound randomly distorts. @_@
Does it affect you ingame?

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
My problem wasn't answered I think, whenever I start a game while the emulation is starting it straight up says "A problem has occurred with project64.exe and it needs to close, windows will notify you if there is a solution available"

Thats all it says it says nothing about a graphic problem.

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
OK, now this sucks. I was messing around with the cheats and set one of the computers to be giant Donkey Kong. Of course, when the game ended the emulator crashed. So anyway, I opened up pj64k again, and this time i came up with this error: "Unhandled R4300i OpCode at 80000180 dsrav v1,a3,r0
Stoping Emulation!"
Tried another fresh copy, same thing, blah blah blah. Any help appreciated, same error occurs on Kailera as well.

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
Never mind, glitch seems to have disappeared, dunno why, maybe because I selected the mushroom kingdom cheat and the all char cheat. thnx anyway

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Could someone help me please? I got everything to work for it (graphics etc)... and I got my n64 controller hooked up to my computer. I also downloaded the nrage thing. Changed all my settings to match the controller. and took off the things said in the directions.

Here's the problem, I can't dash, I can't do pikachu's upb move in a direction (besides up)... or 2. I also cannot go down through platforms with shield or normally. Hell, I can't even walk off platforms. I played around with the deadzone, even set it to 0 and my controller still wouldn't dash. Any tips. Yes, my controller will dash on the normal system.

Edit: I also can't roll.

Edit2: I can't do smash attacks.

Edit3: NVM I GOT IT TO WORK, I CHANGED MY ANALOG REACH. I thought that unchecking the real n64 range would take care of that... silly me.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah I got it, thanks for the help anyways though.

Anyone know how to get rid of lag on Kaillera? I was using a laptop so would that contribute to it?

flaco

The Terminator
well lag is always gonna be there but just get a better computer and don't play it in a laptop desktop are much better for that my friend

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Any specific reason desktops are better? My desktop is still on a wireless connection.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Ahuh...
Well, I just got this, and I can use PJ64k as an Emulator offline, but I can't get it to load without crashing using "Start Game" in Kaillera.
I'll keep messing with it, but I can't get it to work yet @_@.
-DD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Okay. I'll help you out around Esticle/on aim sometime.. if you can't get it working.

heeheex2

Smash Rookie
i know this has probably already been answered, but when i try to run pj64k (which is v 1.4)or the other version included in the zip file (v. 1.3), and i double click to open a game. It loads, but right when it says 100% loaded, an error message comes up
.. sorry if it's already been answered, i was too lazy to check the other posts =P

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Could you have at least checked the first post?

It's right there.

Get Jabo's 3D8 plugin, and rename it Jabo_Direct3D7.dll . Shove it in your plugins folder, and say yes to overwriting the old one.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
My laptop has had close to 0 lag now. :D

Thino

Smash Master
i had 3D7 and 3D6 already in there.. do i delete 3D6?
nah d3d6 has nothing to do with it , u gotta get d3d8 , from normal pj64 1.6 folder , then rename pj64k's d3d7 into something else for backup , then copypaste d3d8 into pj64k's plugin folder and finally rename it to d3d7 lol

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, I went through the guide and read everything pretty carefully I think, but I am still having problems. It is with the Audio plugin, and its causing pj64k to fail and not let me play. Any suggestions? Thanks.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I had the same problem. I had my pj64k running perfectly, then one day it didn't work.

Unfortunately, you have to delete everything, and redo the process. I'm sorry, but that's what I did. I hope I helped. You asked for any suggestions. ^_^
------------------------------------------------------------
Now for my problem:

My pj64k has in its plugin folder:

Adaptoid_v1_0.dll
AudioHLE.dll
Homepage
Jabo_DInput.dll
Jabo_Direct3D6.dll
Jabo_Direct3D7.dll
Jabo_Dsound.dll
No Sound.dll
NRage_DInput8.dll
NRage_DInput8_V2.dll
Readme
RSP.dll
sidewinder USB.ctp
sidewinder USB.jsf
Zilmar_Audio.dll

My problem is I can't see my cursor/shield/fox's shine, etc. I didn't modify anything in my plugins folder, all I did was download it then add in the new NRage's controller plugin. That's it.

If you could help me out it'd be most appreciated, thank you. I hope I've included all the info needed. ;)

studgangsta

Smash Cadet
"Ahuh...
Well, I just got this, and I can use PJ64k as an Emulator offline, but I can't get it to load without crashing using "Start Game" in Kaillera.
I'll keep messing with it, but I can't get it to work yet @_@.
-DD"

I have the same problem!!!! why??? it worked before!! it just stopped for no reason!!

Top Bottom