• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ontario Pwn Classic Results thread + shoutouts

HrcPoke

Smash Apprentice
If you guys want to play my Ike/Falco/Marth/Snake at a tourney, Just walk up and ask.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I'll definitely want to play your Ike and Marth, those are MUs I gotta learn. We should MM seeing as how you improved.

and someone got a problem with that nickname? ceX is too good.

XP stay Snake, it has a lot of potential. But if you really aren't feeling him then drop him. But I gotta say you are setting good traps, just keep working on it.

And thanks a lot for the feedback guys it makes it worth it to do this ****. Next tourney by GTA Smash Co. is happening soon, will have a thread on it to. Will be at same location as this one, but quarter of the hall rather than half the hall (which was the use for this tourney, so think half of that half)

Cruxis

Smash Lord
AWW YEA i got top 5 and i got knocked out by second place so isall good! i actually enjoyed this tourney, and i cant believe im sayin this, but i didnt mind playing against MK! i just gotta learn to be more patient cause as soon as i get offensive is when i get *****, but really the matchup isnt that bad for me anymore.
my new hatred now is for olimar, thanks tinny!

1. Holy (MTL) - ($240) - always comin to steal our money ehhh go back to ROB!!!

2. Hype - / ($120) - god damn it i know i already said this but i really felt like i had u this time man, that was definitely the best i ever played against u. i guess when u dont play brawl in such a long time, you break old bad habits you know what i mean? you just stop doin them cause you werent playing, anyway imma get u in summer

3. Tin Man - ($40) - ahhhh im really impressed by u man i gotta say though you are lucky that nobody in ontario knows how the fuck to play against olimar haha but still theres no denying your improvement and how far uve come from bein that guy that everyone ripped on haha good on u son u really stuck it to us

4. KingAce ($10) - nawww i wanted to friggin play u but i get stuck with hype instead well i gotta play u in summer then

5. Ambrose ($5) - man i wanted to play u too it was cool seein u again after so long though

7. Fool - damn good match we had u still got it man, u read me way too easily

7. Guard (MTL) - i was really thrown off by your fox, youre really good, i shouldnt have used wolf though but i thought it would be interesting to see the match, anyway im really impressed.

9. Mr. L - ggs buddy u got a nice luigi, u should consider using a higher tier though unfortunately thats the only way to pllay these days

9. jMo - man i ehar so much about u but i still dont get to play u, oh well mayube in the summer

9. Inle - this fuckin guy, goes off beatin ambrose AND fool out of nowhere wow and i friendlied u a bit you got a really good marth, stay a regular in the scene man u might be goin places

9. HrcPoke - hear about u, dont get to play u lol
13. Gichan - bro our matches were too close and i thuoght u had me for sure, i aint gonna lie i got lucky because my c4 is invisible on brinstar but yea i was glad to see u again buddy, i know hosting all of this has been really stressin you out but forreal you got things to run smoothly and you ran that shit but u deserve a break for sure, i promise every tourney that i come to ill help u out with anythin

13. Techiyo (MTL) - didnt get to play u, but i heard about u, oh well maybe in summer

13. Cyan - WHYY DIDNT WE PLAY? WTF but i love how this guy quits brawl and sticks to melee yet hes still able to pull off 13th haha

13. Rhyme - wtf i need a bracket match with u seriously

17. cMeDu - haha sorry for knockin u out man but im impressed at how u picked up falco in like a week and you were playin really well with him, well i mean im not that good at the matchup but still, keep that up man, hope to see u more

17. Mikey - MIKEY what happened man ur sauga bros got top 5 i know u can do better than this!

25. Dimmy - good to see u again bro didnt get to play u though

yea this was sick and ran smoothly, see how much nicer tourneys run without stupid pools? well thats just my opinion, anyway ill see u guys again in the summer!

~XP~

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Gi, looking forward to that next tourney, hopefully we won't show up an hour early again. x_x And I'd have my math done by them

Mikey7

Smash Lord
17. Mikey - MIKEY what happened man ur sauga bros got top 5 i know u can do better than this!
welp, apparently a stipulation to actually doing anything in a game is NOT falling asleep mid match.

not even gona lie i was playing and im like wow, id rather be reading a book right now.....

G U R U

Smash Lord
Shoutout time!

Wang - Good **** man. Some of the tightest matches I've ever had. WHY WASN'T IT RECORDED!!!
Reis - Why did you go Marth on FD against my Shiek the last match? That's like giving up before you even start the match lol. At least it was a little close when you were Fox.
SD - I really wanted you to beat Wang so I could play you for realz. Next time ;)
Ndot - We need to play.
Massola - Holy crap you're good for this being your first tourney!!! You probably beat my shiek the best the whole day. Thankfully good old Fox baled me out. Come to more tournies!!!
Excuse - Close games. GG

I forget who else I played sry. GG's regardless. I got ***** in SSF4 :c

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
People I met:

2. Hype - i figured out how to erase names on the wii about 10 seconds after you left :/
3. Tin Man - nice meeting you, thanks for all your help
5. Ambrose - ggs, congrats on wrecking losers on the way to 5th, too bad i had to be your first victim :(
9. Inle - good job beating Ambrose, nice meeting you
13. Gichan - thanks for the tourney
17. Ham - ggs, you solidly outplayed me even though the stages we played on decided they didnt like you lol
25. Barf - fun friendlies
33. Supreme Dirt - how's that wendy's card doing?
33. MightyChir - gts with you and brad in pm friendlies, learning how the wii works, and that ****ing cpu jigglypuff lol
33. MK26 - you ****ing scrub its called a 0 to death chaingrab, by definition it ends in death, you're supposed to die to fully charged usmashes at 110%
33. SkylerSilver - nice meeting you, keep repping kirby
Marik - Almost forgot you lol...nice meeting you, get unbanned bro :p

People I didn't meet:

1. Holy - grats on 1st
5. Pharoah ($5) - I lol'd at "pharoah's madly waving his arms, that's where tin man vs hype is going down, everybody be there" *pharaoh raises arms weakly and without enthusiasm*
9. Mr. L - love the luigi hat lol, i had to do a double-take when i saw the L
13. Rhyme - wish i couldve seen you/seen you play/played you :/
17. cMeDu - nomination for least intuitive name to pronounce when seen written but easiest to understand when heard said?

EDIT: if i forgot you it's beacuse i have a **** memory :/

Xelyst

-_-
holy ****, wang won like $250.

why can we never get this many entrants?
I totally regret not coming. I was originally going to.

Guru told me there was not going to be to many ppl so I decided to stay home and work, later to find out I could have won over $300 was pretty pissed off lolz.

Not any competition except for like 1-2 ppl.. you were all at pound 5 =(

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
17. cMeDu - nomination for least intuitive name to pronounce when seen written but easiest to understand when heard said?

LOOOL

in case everyone's confused....
It's a pun on my first/last name
which would be
CDu

But that's too similar to JMo

So C me Du
See me do?
CMeDu

get it?

G U R U

Smash Lord
>_<

Forgot to thank Gichan for hosting. You da bess man. I'll gladly come to all tournies you hold especially if they're at that venue again. Very nice spot.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
GGs everyone, see you all at the next tournament.

Good job to Gichan for hosting such a great tournament and a very big thank you for housing Montreal like usual, was nice seeing Sauga again hope you guys come back. Very impressed at Tinman and Hype, they definitevely got better.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Sweet tournament Gi, they never disappoint.

GGs to everyone I played; hopefully next time I won't get such a tough bracket. :(

HrcPoke

Smash Apprentice
Oi, I'm not impressed you guys erased over half the names on my on my wii, not impressed at all. You erased PuffMaster's Tag as well.

Oh man, If you guys had erased my tag, I would be furious, not even joking, I would be pissed, more so than I am now. Next time. Ask before you DO! Not cool.
I'm scrolling, then it stops, i'm like 'You're kidding me' I know you have controller settings and all, but tell me/ask me before erasing ANYTHING on my Wii.
Common Courtesy, guys.

My wii is the Wii with the stickers on it. Furiousity fueled the rage.

Side note: I'll be kicking Marth off my list of characters that I use.
Same goes for Falco.

I'm reverting to my mains from 2009.

Only Puffmaster knows the 2009 list.

Double Side Note: Next Tourney is when?

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Pretty fun tournament, good **** wang, you were playing fairly well.

Shoutouts!
old school adnan shoutouts? prob not LOL

For the Brawlers:

Toronto Joe: I hate you, I spent like 15 minutes literally trying to find you just to be told you weren't there. Suck on it. I kid <3 was hoping to see you bud

Mikey: TERRIBLE TRASH TALK LMAO holy **** that **** was hilarious. Damn son, you're done from the scene huh? that's a good piece of the brawl community gone for me :( but w/e bro we'll see each other at more el gichan fiestas aka his tournaments

Hype: I'm so damn proud of you. I told you I'd come through for you and your MM hahahaha, my trash talk is THUNDEROUS I came in, I was like GO HYPE and I see this big nosed olimar getting spiked on RC. LEND HIM YOUR SPIRIT SAUGA hahahah DBZ goku refrence toooo good. Hope to see you around the following tournaments and we'll talk more brawl stuff (it was weird that I keep up huh?).

Kingace: Mah lil gay ****ing MK right here. I guess this is your last, haha. I remember your scrub *** when I openned Matt's door when you 1st started and you got trashed. Now no matter how inactive you are, you can't get trashed. Good ****, def still the ace of sauga. P.S. I put that $10 on you too and had full faith in winning it, good **** for beating J.L and Ambrose.

J.L: FOGEL!! lmaooo!! I was so happy to hear that from someone else ohhh mannn. Made my day, but damn man you're good at picking up new smash games and ****. I guess we'll see you around for PM and ****. Nice to see you as always.

Ambrose: Man, gotta hate all the pressure. It must be hard when you're that lovable smiling player who ***** and talks very gently. you've been out of it hahaha no blame on you for being rusty. Keep in touch man, I truly owe it to you and I will keep up with that. Its always a good time around the brose, hahaha. P.S. you ****** I was looking for you guys when youy went out ot eat LOL you left me

Holy: Hahaha you had warned Techiyo about me, poutine bros stick together like cheese and gravy. Be sure to bring me a poutine next time, PLEASE!! hahahaha I love La Belle Province (ask the old school Melee folk) it was good to talk to you, never got to opportunity before. You and your brother must be makin dat fam proud with the cake. Taking 1st through the goddamn continent on the same weekend.

Techiyo: You know, you're a lucky fellow to have beat me. I was playing like total trash when I was playing you. GGs none the less, good **** though. You're pretty good lol and you got good selection. Hope to have my rematch soon.

Tinman: Damn, I'm not gonna lie but that winners final match when you beat Hype, it was like watching a new school version of MDK vs Ambrose @ T9 and I KNEW you'd lose tbh, I knew. Same ****, and that lost that he suffered was a tough pill to swallow, I'm sure it was for you. That walk away no hand shake stuff was insane poor sportsmanship from first glance, but I heard that they would make fun of you so it warranted the bitterness. But still, lol. Hope my trash talk didn't crush you too much, I watch out for my boys no matter what game they play. You did take the loss well and I did respect that after. All in all, watch yourself lol.

Gichan: Mah duuuu, what's cracking? My little brother right here, so proud of how you've stepped up to the plate for the community. I always knew you had that in you from back in the biweekly days. Keep this **** up, I'm proud of you for holding this community together. Game prefences aside, it's great to see someone else doing the tournament bit well. Buuuut you still have a lot to learn/develop ;)

Melee guys

Drolian: Where were you!!! :mad:

Desh: Where were you!!! :mad:

My "ON" game: You were late!!! :mad:

My controller: **** you!!! :mad::mad:

ChrnoX: HOLYYY its been tooooo long. Beauty and The Beast! old school ****. Good to see you back, hope you're serious this time, and are willing to commit to your goal. Don't please flip flop around with characters, it's been your downfall man. Falco is honestly one of if not the best character in the game. Work on him, and once you're good we'll talk sillyness like YL. <3 would like to see you catch up to I.B though it's improbable, it's some old school rivalry that hey, you can get back. But first, you gotta beat Josh/Sanuzi, he mopped the floor with you last time :laugh: oh, and me too. Get at me son.

Avarice: Man, you had me thinking you were gonna quit smash entirely so I was :urg: at first, then I read some more and I was :bee: again. Good ****, I'm sorry we didn't friendly, I really regret not playing you, brutally honest. Marth v Jiggs years back isn't gonna suffice as the last time I played you. Next time I promise we get a friendly, I'll even throw out the people playing on the friendly TV (I'll do it LOL) it was awesome chatting up and catching up. <3 hope to see you soon. P.S. I got rivalry/beef to settle with London. I hope you're not gonna be a victim of what Sauga will do to them ;)

MC: Good ICs, you got the trixies but I got dat *** that don't stop slappin'. Nana be curious and got lost in my twirl, no hate. Peach is so ****ing gay mainly because she's a homewrecker, sorry. Good **** none the less.

SolDarkness: Thanks for the early warmups. I was playing like total horse doodoo, I'll catch you when I'm polished up next time, whenever that is. Keep getting better, I'll expect a better Marth.

Anth0ny: Good stuff, man Kyle's pool was so ****ed it was honestly killing me of laughter. That tweet was killer. Anyway, good **** I still gotta play you in some form of tournament setting. Good luck when that happens

Cyan: UGH!! Good ****, but man. AN I admit you def beat me for playing smarter (playing a style that matches LCD lag) but ****, I know I shouldve had you, phantom nair at 117% last stock game 3 was brainblower (Did you even notice it? lol) but GGs. I promise you a 100% run next time, be scurrrrredddddd. You and Anth are getting better though, I'm glad. Keep it up.

HOO%: LOL. You guys are tooo funny. MONEY MATCH ME. I know you never will, afraid of getting wrecked. At least we had our matches for "fun" lol. You guys are awesome, see you around. I hope I do again in a future tournament.

Ndot: How does it feel to get so harshly *****? Did that 3 stock comeback make you feel it? MM me son hahahaha. Good ****, you guys are all getting better

GURU: Damnnnn kidd, dodging a MM? Dog you were afraid, weren't you? w/e man, next time we'll hit it off, you and Zen. You guys have beat me in past tournaments by a ****ing hair. It's so goddamn annoying, I won't let that happen again. We didn't play besides those friendlies lol but it was cool. good ****, and watch out.

Wang: I do need a new controller, my dashing wasn't acting up all day. FCing **** and walking into a upsmash or bair was frustrating. You're a gay fox, lol. But I'll **** that furry up, for real. I'll take you next time. No worries. Brinstar, how'd you like that? lol

Marik: Work on tech skill, and mental prep. You looked alright vs GURU but you let it fall apart. Get him next time, or something. Good ****. You're from sauga, it's success or we ship you to brampton. So take that in son.

Izek: We'll meet up, we got a lot of talking to do, and peach tweaking to do. I can see some holes in your general gamestyle that could use some help. You're generally good though, keep at it. You two are like my kids now, you and Rais so ima make sure you guys do alright, or atleast try to LOL.

Rais: Damn bro, I can tell you were playing off. You're one of I.B's students, how do you skip through rule #1 of his teaching "ALWAYS get good sleep before a tournament" it hit you hard, you couldve had this tournament lol.

I hope I didnt forget anyone lol

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR HOSTING AN AMAZING TOURNY GI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 2 players who somewhat SHOKED me were Tinman for beating Holy TWICE and Inle for winning the set against Ambrose and Fool.

GOOD **** FOR FIRST HOLY.......again

My match with Cruxis was SOOOOO dam tight.

Congrats to Hype for kicking *** in brackets.

oh and Ambrose......my apologies for being mad when I lost to ya..... I just hate these chaingrabs. lol but I respect your playstyle and you seem like a great guy.

btw...I NEVER used Marth in doubles...ONLY Fox. As for singles......I used Marth 3 times (once against Tim-Man and twice against Ambrose) and I lost all 3 times.....lol

SO I WENT FULL FOX OK lol

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
<3 Adnan. Man I can't believe last time we played was when I played Jiggs that was soooo long ago. You missed the era of my Falcon entirely XD.

It's ok though Melee Falco is by far the character I enjoy playing the most across the entire Smash series so my Falco will be here to stay long enough for us to play.

MK26

Smash Master
Oi, I'm not impressed you guys erased over half the names on my on my wii, not impressed at all. You erased PuffMaster's Tag as well.

Oh man, If you guys had erased my tag, I would be furious, not even joking, I would be pissed, more so than I am now. Next time. Ask before you DO! Not cool.
I'm scrolling, then it stops, i'm like 'You're kidding me' I know you have controller settings and all, but tell me/ask me before erasing ANYTHING on my Wii.
Common Courtesy, guys.

My wii is the Wii with the stickers on it. Furiousity fueled the rage.

Side note: I'll be kicking Marth off my list of characters that I use.
Same goes for Falco.

I'm reverting to my mains from 2009.

Only Puffmaster knows the 2009 list.

Double Side Note: Next Tourney is when?
was yours the wii with tags like HERP and DERP and series of tags that made full sentences when read in a row? that could be a reason why the list was filled in the first place...

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
MK26, I'M FAIRLY SURE
that you met me somewhere
I was wearing.... a striped hoodie and an ugly orange jacket...
I was really loud and asian.
And I screamed tinman's name like 6 times.

HrcPoke

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry Patches, he seemed kind of grumpy today at school as well. :/ Maybe he'll sleep it off.
Sorry.. just stressed alot lately..
School, Brawl Club, Work, Home, Insomnia, Work trying to kill me. It'll clear up soon. I think.

On top of it.. someone called me easy(In Brawl).. then said I suck..

MK26

Smash Master
MK26, I'M FAIRLY SURE
that you met me somewhere
I was wearing.... a striped hoodie and an ugly orange jacket...
I was really loud and asian.
And I screamed tinman's name like 6 times.
did we play doubles friendlies with Barf (the guy with blue hair)? or project m friendlies? cuz other than that i dont think so...but then again ive got a **** memory...

and holy **** how the hell could i not give a shoutout to the guy who lent me his classi controller when i thought mine got stolen, i feel so stupid for not getting your name man...

also, why do you people not use tags? wtf. use tags. they make introducing yourself so much easier and not "hi, im mk26, are you on smashboards?" "no" "uh...nice meeting you i guess"

fUddO

Smash Ace
did we play doubles friendlies with Barf (the guy with blue hair)? or project m friendlies? cuz other than that i dont think so...but then again ive got a **** memory...

and holy **** how the hell could i not give a shoutout to the guy who lent me his classi controller when i thought mine got stolen, i feel so stupid for not getting your name man...

also, why do you people not use tags? wtf. use tags. they make introducing yourself so much easier and not "hi, im mk26, are you on smashboards?" "no" "uh...nice meeting you guess"
That was me. Nice sets against Ambrose, you almost had him there. I wish you did, since he went on to knock me out, lol.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hey, he's still got a pretty good Ike.

I'm also not sure how but from the first game I played against him he reads me like a book. Really annoys me because usually I'm the one doing the reading.

Secret to my DThrow success? Play Ganon for a while. Experience with a subpar techchase helps when doing a far better one.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
If you want to win then you have to be able to defeat anyone.
True that.

9. Techiyo - Well, I can't really say much. You were raging at our games. Don't do that man, that makes you play worse. It isn't very sportsman like to rage quit and walk away either. Better luck next time.
Yeah sorry about that. I felt bad a little while after, but I didn't even remember what you looked like and I didn't know who I played LOL. So yeah, I'll say it now: Good games, you're too good for me =)

Techiyo: You know, you're a lucky fellow to have beat me. I was playing like total trash when I was playing you. GGs none the less, good **** though. You're pretty good lol and you got good selection. Hope to have my rematch soon.
Are you Dimmy? If that is the case, yes, got to admit, I got lucky on both games, thoguh second game would have been a close call, so nobody could have guess who would have win it. If you're not Dimmy... then who are you? (sorry)

Some shoutouts:

Gichan: Thank you ALOT for hosting this and housing me, holy and guard. I had mad fun at your place, even though I raged a bit... you're really cool, and those MvC3 games were fun =) Hope to see you again soon!

Hype: Why did we have to play so soon? :( And man, I can't believe I didn't win the second game. I had such a lead lol. But oh well, nice seeing you, and grats on beating TinMan.

TinMan: As cool as always, but be prepared, next time I will be better than you, mark my words!

Kingace: Fun games in doubles.

Holy: Grats.

Guard: Grats. We did well in doubles, just wished we took second place lol.

cMeDu: Love your name lol. I immediately saw what it meant and I was lolling :p Fun games in doubles and the friendlies at the end.

Fool: My worst mistake ever: Not banning FD. Why did I have to change my ban ... still, annoying as **** Falco right there. ggs.

poke: fun games in friendlies.

Remorse: Lol, never expected I'd face one of you guys (nostalgic or Visk). Your toon link is good, keep working on him =)

Anyone else I could have forgotten: Nice seeing/meeting you! Toronto is awesome.

Side note to Gichan: I never used Toon Link in tournaments, only friendlies, and I used MK. Guard never used Marth in doubles, so it was Fox + Marth/MK.

HrcPoke

Smash Apprentice
-Culex knows a way to beat my Ike with Ganon.

It annoys me.

Also, in a Match. Don't ever let me gain momentum, ever.

Tsu Sensei did that.. and I well beat his Peach with my Ike/Dk.

Dirt lost control over the matches as well.
-Googs is the only person I know who put my momentum at a hault. I'm like 'Oh ****, i'm getting *****', then his second stock my last.. 'Oh yeah! Just made it even, I can win'.. Lost all momentum after that. :<
But, Damn. I'll get better.
Just don't let me gain momentum. ^_^

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, it really hurt when I kept SDing with DAir. I have a really bad habit of doing it out of hitstun. I was also playing really poorly in the morning there.

Also, Douhneill tells me that it's amusing to pick Pikachu against GUARD. If I didn't hate that little rat so much I might try it next tournament.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
to y'all that never come when good people are there and only go when u think u can win money:

ur gay / **** u

to everyone else:

legit, nice to see melee doing okay in ontario <3

Top Bottom