• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OSI Presents: Charity Gaming III (10/22/11): $450 for charity, 68 Unique Entrants!

FlipX

Smash Ace
Abu, next time i'm in cbus you wanna do a 72 dollar MM? I dont think it is right for someone as bad as you to be profiting from this game.

SDM

Smash Cadet
This is pretty much why I say it's unreasonable. "Rant" has a pretty negative connotation associated with it, as does the word "attack." Would it be okay if I said, "I may have misinterpreted the situation, and clarify me if I did, but . . . " and then listed a ton of negative things about you and attacking your personality traits? People aren't going to see that maybe all these things are wrong. They're going to associate the things aforementioned to myself and see me as this hostile person, and that's clearly not the image I'm going for in this community (I'd rather just be BigR's partner, right).
Whoops. I didn't mean it that way. I used rant to describe any long posts that express opinions with multiple points. I think I even described Ray's first post as a rant. Didn't mean to demonize you in any way. For this thread, I'll define rant as I always have just so that I won't need to use another word for long posts.

But, in any case, as I mentioned in my previous post, I am not trying to be hostile, so I would hope that nobody thinks of me that way. To put it in other words, would you rather me voice my complaints about the tournaments so future tournaments will have more direction? Or would you rather have me sit back and let you have this false sense of perfection that came from this event? If you consider that hostility, then I don't know what to tell you.
That's good to hear. I'm glad we're getting this cleared up. Tone, I believe, is important. You probably could've said the same thing in your rant in a nicer tone, but at least we now know that you meant no harm. :D

I agree with BigR and Paradigm, though. SDM, you've been the most consistent and the most professional person in this bunch, so it's much appreciated. The whole "scapegoat" thing is kinda annoying, and I would appreciate it if I were not considered as such, but otherwise, I'm glad that you seem more open to the suggestions and complaints that were mentioned before. So thank you for that.
Thanks, and you're welcome. I'm sorry for making you look like a target, but it was because Ray's post was a reaction to yours and BigR's was a reaction to Ray's. It just made sense to me at the time to address these three posts specifically. Sorry about that.

I don't have smashfests and rarely attend others but I'm never against this game for fun.
Sweet! Some day soon, hopefully. ^_^

BigR and MMX: I hope that I cooled down the situation with this post.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
u didnt cool down **** im still pissed as ****

flipx im down. i love getting free money, its one of my hobbies

FlipX

Smash Ace
Aight ill send you a pm abu.

OSI- Idk, did you go to school there? Whats your name? Im Justin.

Big_R

Smash Champion
Yeah it's all good. Better to have talked this through for everyone involved. If nothing else you seem well intentioned enough to get some sort of positive out of this for OSI. Whether it be a lot or a little only time will tell but I don't hold any real ill will to you guys. It was just a rough day in the grand scheme of things. So good luck with everything.

Eric-It's cool bro people just got heated but with factual back and forth I think we understand each other.

Prince Abu and that peach....Tyrees??? Idk....made me their ***** respectively and I will forever bow to the golden torch they proudly hoist above their massive manhood(s).

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Better to have talked this through for everyone involved. If nothing else you seem well intentioned enough to get some sort of positive out of this for OSI.
This many times over.

Prince Abu and that peach....Tyrees??? Idk....made me their ***** respectively and I will forever bow to the golden torch they proudly hoist above their massive manhood(s).
Peach = Tyler = JamesBJames.

Prince_Abu and JamesBJames have been making me their ***** like every week in Archer House. You should join in.

sparkaura

Smash Apprentice
I really wish I could make it to those \: My schedule for next quarter make it look like I won't be available then, either.

-----

Any of the OSI people have any idea when the next OSI will be? I'm already itching for another tourney.
I'd assume once football season is over tourneys will start back up.

Big_R

Smash Champion
wut is archer house? aaaand i don't have a good controller again sooo yeah haha. also i quit a long time ago cuz no one plays this game consistently so i dont think im gonna get back into it.

SDM

Smash Cadet
Any of the OSI people have any idea when the next OSI will be? I'm already itching for another tourney.
It's probably gonna be next quarter, but we're still working on it.

BigR: Archer House play Melee consistently.

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Anyone up for some smashin' this Fri night or Sat possibly? Going to a concert at Newport Music Hall and I think I'mma be staying with someone at Ohio State overnight.

Big_R

Smash Champion
mmm...yeah for how long though? i'm skeptical. i want some numbers! and what i want is not reasonable. the good ole days when you could train a kid to be good from nothing. now the gap is a bit too large and they need mad dedication.

the friends i grew up playing this game with don't play anymore. that's what i really miss. plus i feel my time is more valuable. that's a big investment to drive up to campus from grove city stay a few hours and have little to show for it. i'm poor right now too. the johns go on and on and on.

oh friday is gf night too. i slam johns like muscles glasses slams jack

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Ah... that makes sense I guess.

I'm trying to work on getting my Marth really nasty, but I don't really have the chance to play all that often.

FlipX

Smash Ace
Pshhhhhh, Bigr just go play man. In like 2 weeks you will be stomping on these new schoolers.

oliman

Smash Journeyman
man all i gotta do is go pikachu and upsmash all day, u stand no chance
also my soviet game and watch is uber legit. itll **** you up

Big_R

Smash Champion
yeah poor abu. i already was the best in this town. it sucks. i'm sure i COULD wreck these fellas. I just don't wanna invest, flip.

the ego boost u get is a fun little blast until u realize that it's just boring and u don't have motivation in your own town when ur the best. u can occupy urself with develpping other characters but u have a main for a reason. therefore u have to travel all the time to make significant improvement, but there are not that many tournaments and that's an even bigger investment. curse of the mw.

pheww i dont miss all that.

i will play for funzies if it fits into mah life tho. that IRA marth is still my dude.

Top Bottom