• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pat's House! (San Diego, CA) 11/14-15/09 GO TO RESULT THREAD INSTEAD PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
so i might go to this if i do will more people come ?

i might come with g$
This is more or less a WC major. It's expected to have a very good turnout. So you shouldn't really worry about that at all.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
right now its looking like i will go to this tourney =)

will axe be at this he ***** me last time good ****

also zhu team?

Allied

Smash Master
this sounds too good

=/ i'm coming to this tournament soon enough

money johns

Charoo

Smash Champion
right now its looking like i will go to this tourney =)

will axe be at this he ***** me last time good ****

also zhu team?
sweet. Invite other people from EC to join you too!

This should at least have 100+

SoCal, NorCal, AZ, WA, and Mexico for sure!

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
i hope to see every1 there that i met at genesis from cali at this tourney

**** that u guys better go im coming from ****ing NY <3

Gaara♥

Smash Master
yeah man i had crazy health problems since april
but yeah we should definitely play sometime!

pockyD

Smash Legend
lets get that bus thing that socal got for genesis =O
nobody in norcal has the kind of initiative to put that together

and it still has the same problem that keeps people from wanting to drive; taking like 8-12 hours each way (instead of like 1-2 hrs by flight)

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
wow good to see there's a ton of interest here. as of now i have a venue booked that can accomodate 140-ish people, but if this gets enough speed i'll look into getting the ballroom.

Charoo

Smash Champion
wow good to see there's a ton of interest here. as of now i have a venue booked that can accomodate 140-ish people, but if this gets enough speed i'll look into getting the ballroom.
good stuff

and also

PLEASE TELL EVERYONE ABOUT THIS TOURNAMENT AND BRING SET UPS!!! TVS, WIIS, GAMECUBES, EXTENSION CORDS, ETC.!!!

Zolios

Smash Apprentice
I'll bring a gamecube and melee if someone is just willing to bring a TV. Also, I would bring a dazzle to record, but unfortunately it needs a laptop with the software in order to work.

joeplicate

Smash Master
also, we should invest in VCRs to record, seeing as how like every laptop at the last couple of big tournaments has ****ed up

if we can put it to tape and convert it later, it'd probably be much better quality/less choppy

Shroomed

Smash Master
isnt there something complicated about bringing tvs on an airplane?

i've never flown before, im scared lol

sidefx

Smash Champion
also, we should invest in VCRs to record, seeing as how like every laptop at the last couple of big tournaments has ****ed up

if we can put it to tape and convert it later, it'd probably be much better quality/less choppy
the quality is not as good as digital recordings..

like i said before, the only way to use digital recording is to have it in a NON hostile environment, which means not alot of people, and space for it to breath, and not overheat and **** up.

you also should use a desktop computer for it instead of a laptop since itll be more stable and record better, and has a higher tolerance as far as hostile environments go.

vcr's arent bad, but its just time consuming to rip and compress, and track and all that ****.

its not impossible, its just a bit more time consuming, but also more reliable.

gogo evolution. (bags of tapes)

edit:

if we end up driving, ill be sure to bring a set up, cause cool people bring set ups.

Charoo

Smash Champion
maybe I'll come to this with some EC canadians if I have enough money for the trip :).
do it do it do ittttt!!!!! That would be awesome

Also, I'm trying to figure out for a possible discount for International Smashers that plan to attend this. It should promote some International players to come hopefully

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
eh... i don't really think so. changing the fee from 15 bucks to even 5 bucks for international smashers isn't going to change anything. if they're flying oer you're looking at $700+ on tickets. $10 in the vast spectrum of things really isn't going to be influential enough to draw more players.

MacD

Banned via Administration
ok, i'll keep you in the back of my mind, so if someone else jumps out i'll probably forget about you

i wonder how many out of state will come, canada, that'd be legit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom