• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pat's House! (San Diego, CA) 11/14-15/09 GO TO RESULT THREAD INSTEAD PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charoo

Smash Champion
that's why it's at UCSD. Pat is too good.

Don't forget to that one security room to put tvs/wiis in that we talk about too pat

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
"Don't forget to that one security room to put tvs/wiis in that we talk about too pat" this is why i love champ.

yeah i'll make sure to book the green room too

Gaara♥

Smash Master
someone from norcal drive to this!!!

gaara, let me get a seat in ur car if u decide to drive. i'll pay you in friendship and gas moneys.
that is a definite possibility luis. Talk to me on AIM to work out some of the details @ z red mage z

Zolios

Smash Apprentice
Also, if the Bus system won't drop me off early enough, is there a possibility someone will take me there?

Again I live 40 minutes north by car. I could hop on the NorCal Bus if it's going.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
This thread should be locked + discussion moved to the Tournament Listings thread. More hype/interest for OOS that way.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Zolios said:
Also, if the Bus system won't drop me off early enough, is there a possibility someone will take me there?

Again I live 40 minutes north by car. I could hop on the NorCal Bus if it's going.
Unfortunately even if the NorCal bus happens, i really doubt it's going to swing by the 78. You're probably best off carpooling with local smashers. San Marcos isn't that far from La Jolla

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
well if attendance for this goes well over 150 we're definitely going to need some help. I'll let you know as the date approaches Boback

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Hey Pat

sure =]

Zolios - no johns, you're in SD county haha. I'm sure you could pull some strings to make it

bananarama

Smash Rookie
wow... and with that, I think that makes my attendance at this tourney almost certain... I suck tho so the only thing I'll be able to do at this tournament is add to the pot, but whatevs!

Edit: Actually, I should have been less excited after that. There's still the problem of housing, which is a matter of either someone willing to house me or twisting some high school friend's arm to house me for a couple of days... but at least finding a cheap ticket is no longer a problem. Thanks for the links!

Charoo

Smash Champion
gj champ ^_~
we got this

wow... and with that, I think that makes my attendance at this tourney almost certain... I suck tho so the only thing I'll be able to do at this tournament is add to the pot, but whatevs!

Edit: Actually, I should have been less excited after that. There's still the problem of housing, which is a matter of either someone willing to house me or twisting some high school friend's arm to house me for a couple of days... but at least finding a cheap ticket is no longer a problem. Thanks for the links!
I'm going to ask the Midwest house if they can house people again like they did at Mango Juice. Also, I'm going to ask around the San Diego area too. You just gotta believe!

$29.00 ONE WAY FROM SAN JOSE, CA TO LONG BEACH, CA!!!

http://www.jetblueairways.com/cgi-b...=SJC&sector1_d=LGB&intcmp=hp029sjclgb20090727

Thursday Nov. 12, 2009
$29.00

Monday Nov. 16, 2009
$29.00

Going Out
Airfare / Adult ( details) $ 26.98 USD
Taxes / Adult ( details) $ 12.62 USD
Subtotal / $ 39.60 USD
X 1 Adult $ 39.60 USD

Coming Back
Airfare / Adult ( details) $ 26.98 USD
Taxes / Adult ( details) $ 12.62 USD
Subtotal / $ 39.60 USD
X 1 Adult $ 39.60 USD

Total Cost of Flight $ 79.20 USD

I'm working on a plan right now to possibly get a giant van or multiple cars that will take people from LA area to San Diego since I know not that many flight goes to San Diego. This is the cheapest deal I found so far though.

Shroomed

Smash Master
these TO's are amazing, and they're the reason melee is still alive =D

we have onski up in norcal doin an amazing job as well!!!

bananarama

Smash Rookie
lol I WAS wondering why you were posting that Jet Blue site considering that none of the airports offered definitely aren't just a short walk (or a cheap taxi ride either) to UCSD, but it looks like you are working on that part as well :p ~$80 roundtrip + through the airport nearest to my home + transportation to and from the venue = TOO GOOD!

Good **** Champ!

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
man I wish I lived in NorCal so I could plan a NorCal Bus Trip to Pat's House... why the **** do I have to live in San Diego?

Edit for SD Fapping:

Not to sound like a blowhard but I'm pretty sure the best venue I've ever been to is UCSD. Not even lying or saying it because I go to school there. But really, it's accessible, there is free parking during the weekends, the ballroom is huge and air conditioned, the food NEARBY (literally a skip and a hop away) is pretty durn good, and the TOs are nice and amazing. And even when we're not using the ballroom, the Club House for the Triweeklies is pretty ****ing amazing too.

Can we please host the next Genesis/Pound/Whatever at UCSD? We'll pay you in San Diego Love, DBR.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Oats is right. The UCSD ballroom is by far the best venue in Socal. Nothing has yet to top it.

SD tournaments are always so promising. Great Venue, Great TO's, etc. It never disappoints.

bananarama

Smash Rookie
how much is LA to SD?
I reeeeeaaaally hope you don't mean through flights cause from what I have seen on Expedia, it costs less to fly from San Francisco to San Diego (~$120 one way) than it does from Los Angeles to San Diego :eek: Never knew airlines stopped having flights stop over at LA before going to San Diego...

If you weren't talking about flight costs then my bad lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom