• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Frame Data

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
So in my quest to revamp Peach's frame data for that "neaten up the boards" project (of which I'm not sure what's happened to) I've gotten some basic weak-hit bair hitstun data, and thought I'd share it because it's p cool.

Hitstun on Mario with a fresh weak-hit bair:
0%: 9
20%: 13
40%: 16
60%: 20
70%: 22
80%: 28
90%: 30
100%: 31
110%: 33
120%: attack can now be DI'd, thus ruining the setup.

As you can see her bair yields pretty impressive results at higher percentages. Combine this with it's auto-canceling nature and minimal knockback and you've got yourself a pretty nifty setup. Just dinking around for a bit I found that dash attack and dash grab work very easily as a followup. Run -> nair works. Fair even works, but the timing is very tight. Point-blank turnip throw works (guaranteed stitchface???). You can also do some goofy stuff like bair -> glide toss -> followup.

I should point out though for those who don't know: because of Brawl's excessive decay system this all becomes pretty complex (weren't you trying to make this game simple Sakurai?). If your bair is fresh the setup doesn't work 120% and up. But if it's decayed it'll work at higher percents... which is actually pretty cool because this leads into nair/fair.

The more you know~

Zolios

Smash Apprentice
Bair has 9 frames landing lag? It seems less. Good date I suppose, I don't know how anyone could put this to their advantage, as most players if not all play by muscle memory; they would know an estimated frame count for such moves, and would know which moves to avoid based on landing lag, amount of hitstun (Which in brawl I would suppose be hardly any at all) and frames between attacks, for multi-hit attacks.

I swear I'm blanking out right now, so if nothing I said just now makes sense, just ignore me.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Ideally you would want to hit with the latter portion of the bair so that it autocancels as you land. If you don't autocancel your options are more limited, but dash attack, grab, turnip throw etc should still work.

And yeah, the rest of what you said didn't really make sense xP.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Unfortunately even with the sizable advantage this gives Peach that doesn't work :X. She's too slow, usmash is too slow, usmash's hitbox is too wonky, and the opponent is knocked too far away.

....perhaps it would be more realistic at a lower percent with her opponent not being knocked back as far? Probably not but I'll look into it; there's still a lot to cover with this.

Oh yeah, usmash (and everything else she has really) will work as a followup if her opponent's knockback is stopped by a wall or something. Lol green greens.

Top Bottom