• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Frame Data

Niko_K

Smash Master
So I've discovered that Peach's nair actually comes out on frame 2.

Let X represent Peach's hands.

x
/
/
x

^^ Peach's arms on frame 3.

x
/
/

Peach's arms on frame 2.

The hitbox is present from behind Peach on frame 2. If I had my capture card I'd make a .gif right now.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Hey Niko, awhile back Excel wanted to ask about including your frame data in his guide. Would you be okay with that?

With proper credit of course.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I personally cannot collect frame data so I'm posting out a request here

Could someone please find me accurate frame data for Toad? For the whole of him I mean. I know he has start up lag, a few frames of invincibility, a few counter frames and then ending frames. If someone could get me specific/accurate frame data for him I would be very grateful indeed

Cheers in advice

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Something about Toad...I played Peach dittos yesterday and I got Bombered while I was toading...but the spores didn't come out and the other Peach bounced on Toad and I didn't get any damage. So..what was that? She bombered me at the end of the animation.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I was the one toading, but I wasn't putting it away, it was like right after the BLURGHGHR he makes. The other Peach just bomber'd into it, no spores, hearts came out, she bounced away, but no one took damage.

Villi

Smash Lord
Maybe Peach Bomber ate the spores? Something similar happened to me where I activated someone's Toad with a turnip then destroyed all the spores with fair and connected with the other Peach.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
But did the spores come out? Because mine didn't. It was like Toad had its own hurtboxes and "took damage" lol

3GOD

Smash Ace
So I've discovered that Peach's nair actually comes out on frame 2.

Let X represent Peach's hands.

x
/
/
x

^^ Peach's arms on frame 3.

x
/
/

Peach's arms on frame 2.

The hitbox is present from behind Peach on frame 2. If I had my capture card I'd make a .gif
right now.
I haven't been able to find this hit box (on frame 2), but I'll try again today.

I personally cannot collect frame data so I'm posting out a request here

Could someone please find me accurate frame data for Toad? For the whole of him I mean. I know he has start up lag, a few frames of invincibility, a few counter frames and then ending frames. If someone could get me specific/accurate frame data for him I would be very grateful indeed

Cheers in advice
I'll see if I can come up with something.

Also, I plan to post soon (in the next few days) with more accurate data for Peach. Some of the advantage numbers are slightly off due to decay affecting shield hit lag/shield stun.

Villi

Smash Lord
If the data I used from here (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202204) is correct (Ike's fsmash), using the pause method... I'm gonna guess Peach's counter lasts until frame 31. If Peach starts Toad at the same time as Ike's fsmash, Toad activates. I used data from our own thread: A roll + a buffered jab from Peach should take 33 frames, and doing this with the pause method, slap goes through Toad. So 20 frames of counter from 11 to 31 is what I think. It could last until 32, though.

It stays out to a later frame than Marth's counter, though it comes out slower.

What I'd like to know is when Toad ends, cuz it's laggy as heck.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Fair

ends faster than the other aerials, therefore you can jump earlier

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Horizontally yes. Vertically, I think using Nair would be the best option so you could fast fall quicker

I'm not going to stop this until it sinks in - Uair is the best aerial for horizontal recovery combined with your 2nd jump. It has to shortest start to finish time, allowing you to 2nd jump earlier. I survive against things that should have killed me and live at sometimes ridiculous percents because of it

BentoBox

Smash Master
I thought you only got upward boosts from b moves/momentum changing moves...?

regardless, thanks ricky~

Villi

Smash Lord
Dairing is almost as good as up air. It has the added benefit that you don't need to hold down while being sent up because hitting down on the c-stick causes an automatic fast fall. That way, you can DI horizontally to prevent a vertical kill while still fast falling with your dair.

I highly doubt that the activation of a hit box has any effect on when you can fast fall when sent vertically, so nair = up air = fair = bair < dair.

Up air has a slightly shorter duration than dair, which makes it the better move to use for horizontal kills. Personally, I just use dair for one-size-fits-all purposes.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Though this may sound like I'm clutching on straws here, I desperately need Zelda's frame data and I really don't know who to go to. I've asked some of the smash researchers but they havn't responded =(

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I can't believe that AC fair has only -2 frames advantage...that's completely broken! I mean you can just AC fair -> jab and there's only a 4 frame window in between? With a shield drop lag of 7 frames you can always react faster...since the jab comes out faster. If the oppponent tries to shield the whole attack string you can just fair -> jab -> grab.

I've been doing things like that with Marth...You can AC fair -> dtilt -> DB1 -> grab ... if you space it right and the opponent doesn't roll you'll almost always get the grab or at the very least remain unpunished. Peach's throws seem to be a lot better than Marth's though and if you can safely string moves together you'll often get a grab... unless the opponent powershields any of your hits.

:059:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I've been curious about this for a while. Can we get frame data on the beamsword attacks?

That would put things in great perspective.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
It's been a while since I got frame data for peach! :chuckle:

Anyways the data for her aerials is somewhat lacking; so I'm going to flesh it out the best I can. This is what I have so far:

NAIR
Aerial duration: 49
Hits on: 3 (not on 2 :p)
Shield hitlag differential: 0
Shield stun: 4

BAIR
Aerial duration: 54
Shield stun: 5
Hitlag differential: 0

DAIR
Aerial duration: 39
Hits on: 12, 18, 24, 30
First autocancel frame at: 32
Shield hitlag differential: -1
Shield stun: 1
Optimal shield advantage (soft landing): -3
Optimal shield advantage (hard landing): -5

FAIR
Aerial duration: 54
Sheild hitlag differential: -1
Shield stun: 5
First Auto Cancel frame: 20

Hitting with first hitbox: (frame 16)

Optimal shield advantage (soft landing): -1
Optimal shield advantage (hard landing): -3

Hitting with furthest reaching hitbox (frame 17; if you space well you'll hit with this one)

Optimal shield advantage (soft landing): 0
Optimal shield advantage (hard landing): -2

UAIR
Aerial duration: 35
Shield hitlag differential: 0
Shield stun: 3

A note on some of the definitions here:
Shield Hitlag differential- the difference between peach's hitlag and her opponent's shield hitlag. A negative number indicates that peach's opponent exits shield hitlag before she exits hitlag; a positive number would indicate the opposite. This number effects peach's advantage. Really it would be more conventional to just list the shield hitlag and hitlag... but I was too lazy :p.

Shield Stun- currently in this thread "shield stun" is defined as the time from when an attack hits a shield to the time when the character can perform an action. That is problimatic however because that period of time incompasses two distinct state of beings: the character being stuck in freeze frames and the character being stuck in shield. I'm defining the latter state of being as "shield stun" in this data.

So to put it simply: Shield stun- the frames after shield hitlag where the defender is "stuck" in shield and can perform no actions.

But really, all you need to pay attention to here is the advantage lol. Speaking of which:

Optimal shield advantage- the maximum advantage an character can achieve through attacking a shield with an aerial. Assumes frame-perfect performance.

The rest will come in due time... while I'm here though does anyone have any specific requests?

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
I gotta say though... I'm disappointed lol.

The only reason I rushed to post those incomplete results was that I thought that her fair could actually have a +2 advantage if used perfectly.

Then I remembered landing lag existed

;_________;

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
The rest will come in due time... while I'm here though does anyone have any specific requests?
Toad, her Neutral B please.

I know that she has start up frames, invincibility frames, counter frames and then ending lag frames (in that order I think) but I don't know the specific details. Thanks in advance

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Toad:
1-10 startup
11-31 countering hitbox out
32-64 cooldown

Beamsword neutral A:
hits on frame: 4
duration: 23
shield stun: 1
shield advantage: -14
shield drop advantage: -7

Beamsword tilt:
hits on frame: 9
duration: 41
shield stun: 2
shield advantage: -30
shield drop advantage: -23

Beamsword smash:
hits on frame: 18
duration: 59
shield stun: 4
shield advantage: -37
shield drop advantage: -30

Beamsword info is pretty basic but eh <____>. Also protip: the beamsword smash attack hits people hanging on the ledge 8).

Oh, and you'll have a +1 adv on grab release against everyone ecxept lucas/ness and dk. Which means that the ONLY thing they can do against peach's slap is shield it (unless they have a 1 frame jab or something). Minimum shield time is 14 frames though, so if you see it coming you can grab them; it's a guessing game really

Top Bottom