• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
kinda came late, but, How many people are going to the tourney, both SSBB, SSBM? And how many were there last time? (QUESTION ANSWERED)

BTW, i've mastered IC's chaingrabs, it's not that hard, as long as its not heavy characters, those are a pain.

I'm usually on AiB, or aim if u wanna contact me.

SN = an8676

P.S. Dang, can't believe that you guys been playing melee and brawl all this time, i've been playing with 3 of the same people for like my whole life.

I added most of the ppl on this chat btw.

D

Deleted member

lol, me 3 im terms of IC chaingrabbing.Sorry for being dormant and not on these forums for so long,haha.

Dart

Smash Lord
aaron are you actually gonna try to CG me this time? it was kinda sad that i beat a D3 who didn't really CG :/ good luck though :D

D

Deleted member

Yeah, at that time i wasnt really sure how to face a good snake,cause your the first one I had ever met.I found it too hard getting close to you and since you were always pulling nades you would have most likely broken my CG's anyway. And yeah im not even 100 percent sure who im going to be using throughout the tournament Saturday lol.

Dart

Smash Lord
well i was looking up a secondary for myself as well...don't wanna just showcase my godliness like lasttime XD. i think ill surprise you guys with CF maybe >.>

D

Deleted member

Hey,idk if you saw the update on Myspace but he says that the tourny will be either what we've done in the past, 1 screen best 1 out of 1,hahaha. Or,he said that if he can get a 2nd screen it will be best 2 out of 3,he didnt say counterpick though so I guess best 2 out of 3 on final destination. Their demo room is still getting fixed up though every since that giant water leakage so we cant use that little room though,lol. So if he does have a 2nd tv,im afraid it will be a really awkward set up. Playing in that little room alone felt kinda awkward and playing on the big screen always feels awkward when you are sitting furthest away from the wii, I'm always afraid ill either yank my cord out or knock the whole wii down. He needs to put the wii directly in front.

Kief

Smash Ace
does anybody know of any upcoming tournaments in the central illinois area?

p.s. where is elmwood? lol.

D

Deleted member

haha,maybe but i kinda doubt it.....cause most of my group are all casuals except me and the kid you versed last 1v1 tournament. Hopefully we could come though :( lol

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
First off, Hastule, I COMPLETELY understand how you feel about the whole big screen situation. I was in the farthest seat at the last doubles tourney, and when we killed off one of the guys from that guy with the shades and Bob, I jumped up and the cord ripped out, and I SD'd.

Studly, I'm pretty sure I could make it to a tournament around that area, the only worry would be the date I suppose. I could bring a friend or two as well if none have work.

BP, you coming to this next Melee tournament by chance? If so, ****IT XD! Me wants some more prize moneyz, and I can't let Josh win it, either :p.

If I missed replying to anyone else, I'm sorry I just browsed through all these new messages. I really did not expect so many to be made o_O.

studly

Smash Ace
yeah ...i got sick of everyone talking about organizing a tournament so im gonna just do it...

any requests for rules... and would you guys want this to be brawl (singles and doubles) or would u like a melee tournament in this as well? If you do want a melee tournament i will need some help probably from some one whos been into the melee scene longer than me

yeah just PM me with the rules you want ...any thing you might be able to bring to the tournament ...and i need to know how you guys want to run the entery fee/ Prize money

we shall also run a bracket so we can report the tournament results to the Character rankings thread

.... i really hate not knowing who got 1st 2nd and 3rd

suggestions for a date?

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
If I went and brought a friend or two of mine(not including you, Josh, you actually have an account on here so you can speak for yourself on this :p)I could supply 2 cubes, 2 copies of Melee, a copy of Brawl, and MAYBE a TV or two depending on if Krieg and I are willing to bring our LCDs(Don't have VGAs of any kind for cubes, so input lag MIGHT be noticeable for some, but I have no probs).

Anyways, I'm down for both a Brawl and Melee tournament I guess, but I'll probably pay more attention to the Melee one. I guess if BP doesn't go I can help out with rules and whatnot because I had to find them all out anyways when I messaged GS.

I'm not really good on dates, just if you set it to a month or so ahead of whenever your announce it, I'm sure everyone can call off stuff in time, even the procrastinators.

Dart

Smash Lord
i can bring in a cube and a copy of melee and brawl...i don't think my mom will let me take my tv from my room *besides i would be too lazy to plug it back in when we're done*

studly

Smash Ace
so any date....in advance... ill have to check with the church on next month... ill probably want to do it before street fighter 4 comes out
..... mid of Febuary is what im thinking

but as far as TV's go we haven't generally worried about the lag...so if you guys are really worried about it youll have to bring your own TV's or recommend something to me

yeah what we got is two...decently sized TV's and one Projector ...the projector generally works fairly well

and by "a copy of Brawl" does that include A wii with it?...we need wii's! I hope to have at least 3

and would you guys be interested in a tournament or more of a smash fest... personally id like people there for some friendlies before we start the actual tourney

D

Deleted member

lol Gooey,i made your wish come true,sorta ish. I was only IC 1 round but I think my match made a good point,haha.

Dart

Smash Lord
UGH....stupid character matchups...-_- anyways ill just have to redeem myself tomorrow i guess...even though i have a crap ton amount of store credit anyway

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
No excuses ;). Lolz jp they were pretty bad matchups. but i don't think MK vs Snake was that bad, =\ both top tierz

Just saying, if there were counterpicks, it'd prolly be a closer game. ;)

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Hmm..wait...you lost the buy back as well Josh?

And btw, thanks for that Hastule =)

Hopefully a bunch of you guys go tomorrow to obviously get SCHOOLED by me!(Schooled can be swapped out for KNEE'D, if you want)

studly

Smash Ace
haha soooo yeah i wont be there tomorrow... lol cant seem to play melee any more...just casual

i should have the date for the tournament by monday

so what'd you guys think of that diddy lol

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
That Diddy was actually pretty good ^_^. You just need to do some work on those glide tosses and banana lock if that still exists :p. You actually got quite close to taking out Josh's Snake lmao!

Anyways, I'm sick of Brawl once again, I just need to keep coming to these to make me more and more sick of the game lmao. Well, hopefully I do well at tomorrow's tournament, and I really hope the tournament turnout is good, me want cash too ;_;.

D

Deleted member

haha studly, whats funny is you beat my friend with diddy while he was dk,but he also got really good with diddy,i kinda expected him to mirror you lol.He play's diddy very similar to how you play him to. And yeah,you did really well against josh,i honestly thought you were going to beat him haha. It sucks how easy snake can spike diddy recoverying. He can do the same to TL,haha.

D

Deleted member

Lol yes,that was me. I kinda think i should have been them more,but eh,I still dont know if im ready for that haha. I REALLY hate how the AI will sometimes kill you by having nana grab the edge and get up while you are still falling,making you unable to recover. There's just so many variables while playing with ice cilmbers that I just dont know if im ready to go all out IC yet hahaha

Dart

Smash Lord
Haha well i hate saying this to make studly feel bad but i kinda sandbagged after i got that second spike...i totally just went for the tech chase...but he did do some crazy **** with those bananas ;)

studly

Smash Ace
Haha well i hate saying this to make studly feel bad but i kinda sandbagged after i got that second spike...i totally just went for the tech chase...but he did do some crazy **** with those bananas ;)
nah i could tell.... i mean i did score a bit by changing the momentum of the match... but you could have got it back faster than you did... i figured you thought youd allready won....all you had to do was wait for the kill... so i decided to give yah a run there at the end...

diddy to me is really annoying to use.... hes fun when ur getting the banana locks... but all i really know with him is his basic tricks... like seriously i dont dribble and i dont know hardly any of his dash attack combos... its usually random wether or not i can use him (i do plan on learning them)

i just really didnt feel like going ganon again... i main him.... and i know exactly how to go into his bad matchups...but i was reallly lazy yesterday .... i didnt even feel like fighting that marth.... and to fight that toon link i would have had to powershiled for an eterity before hed approach me... so i decided to go casual and run carelessly into his attacks... it threw me off alot that toon link's U-air out prioritizes ganon's down air

and @ gooey... i personally enjoy brawl... granted i really hate how bad alot of the matchups are but it feels like a high speed chess match... and i would totally play melee again if i wasnt too lazy to relearn the **** AT's

and for the tournament ill post the date tomorrow

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Lol yes,that was me. I kinda think i should have been them more,but eh,I still dont know if im ready for that haha. I REALLY hate how the AI will sometimes kill you by having nana grab the edge and get up while you are still falling,making you unable to recover. There's just so many variables while playing with ice cilmbers that I just dont know if im ready to go all out IC yet hahaha
Dude i know, I wanted to use IC's also, but i hated having my nana be stupid, too.

legion598

Smash Ace
haha studly, whats funny is you beat my friend with diddy while he was dk,but he also got really good with diddy,i kinda expected him to mirror you lol.He play's diddy very similar to how you play him to. And yeah,you did really well against josh,i honestly thought you were going to beat him haha. It sucks how easy snake can spike diddy recoverying. He can do the same to TL,haha.
wow I also didnt use ICs for that same reason their like ultra inconsistent, so I just went full marth cuz hes so reliable tho I wouldve used the ICs and even falcon if it had been best of three! >(

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, thought I'd mention this to you Studly. I didn't notice you ever do Diddy's B> whenever you'd try to recover. Is it because you think you can't do a B^ aftewards? If so, to remedy that just don't do the kick part of his B> and time it right then you just do B^ afterwards. Makes his recover pretty beast at times ^_^.

studly

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, thought I'd mention this to you Studly. I didn't notice you ever do Diddy's B> whenever you'd try to recover. Is it because you think you can't do a B^ aftewards? If so, to remedy that just don't do the kick part of his B> and time it right then you just do B^ afterwards. Makes his recover pretty beast at times ^_^.
yes... im fully aware that u can side b > up b

my problem with it is that ... there is a cancelation thing that can occur after you perform diddy's side b that causes diddy to do a super sucky third jump .....anyway the jump is tiny and has fairly bad DI.... and you have no up B after it happens.... i manage to do it accidentally about a fourth of the time i try to recover that way... its probably me canceling diddy's side B by pressing up B before diddy re-enters a neutral position...

remember i dont main diddy... and i only used him jokingly until the tournament 8P... soo for future ill mess with it

if i would have done it..... i probably could have used it to get diddy below the stage a bit... and then Up b back to the ledge to avoid the snake spike...so its definitely a good idea i was just scarred of killing myself

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Yeah I can totally understand that, it really got to me when I started to play Diddy awhile ago. You really just gotta get the timing down and then you'll never do the kick again off the edge as long as you keep your cool.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I'd say the 14th would be good for me because I don't think EPEpic is on that day...but it might conflict with GS tournaments but I don't really care. Cash payouts is always better than store credit payouts.

Top Bottom