• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

D

Deleted member

haha, well gooey,i made your wish come true at the brawl tournament a little bit ago.

My partner and i won the tournament, and i was using Ice Climbers chaingrabbing/spiking/grab+charge upslamming the crap out of everyone,and now AJ is considering banning chaingrabs!!! And not just Ice climber chaingrabs,but all chaingrabs. If you guys wanna keep this game even the slightest bit competitive you need to talk to AJ tomorrow about it!!

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I honestly don't think we need to fret about AJ banning chaingrabs to be honest. Once he bans them, tons of people aren't going to go because quite a few use them if you notice...And once the people that stay don't get **** for prize money, they'll quit going too, and we get chaingrabs back. That's the whole reason for counterpicks, TO HELP REMOVE CHAINGRABS! Btw, did you guys play with counterpicks? If not, I'm honestly about to give up with helping these guys...I'm just wanting balanced yet competitive tourney matches, not some FD only, Fox only matches of luck >_>

Anyways, hopefully some of you guys come out to tomorrow's tourney, Josh and I would like some kind of challenge ^_^.

D

Deleted member

oh yeah,thats true. Once counter picks are in effect, chain grabbing wont really be an issue. We were SUPPOSED to do counterpicks,even AJ said, but apparently the person who was supposed to come with the specific rules for counterpicking did not show up,and he was actually kinda mad about that lol. I just dont wanna see chaingrabs leave cause yeah,i have other characters such as TL that dont chain grab n stuff,but your gonna see a whole lot of metagame suddenly leaving the tournaments,from alot of characters/people.Plus,taking out chaingrabbing pretty much makes Ice climbers TOTALLY useless. The only chaingrab I think might be banable is DDD's infinite on those 5 characters, and chaingrabbing just to stall the game. Otherwise I see them as totally legit lol.

There was alot of bawing going on after the matches vsing me haha

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Yeah, there's a technique against Ice Climbers, and pros use it well, it's called "DON'T GET GRABBED!" I really don't see why people don't use some common sense and stay out of grab range...it's not THAT hard, especially if you're applying the appropriate pressure on Climbers.

Anyways, I was the person that was supposed to show up today with the stage list, but the transmission in my truck died, so my parents were my only way up seeing as the partner I was going to bring didn't have a vehicle either, but my parents couldn't because they were doing their own thing for V-Day with their car. Sorry for that =( It would have really helped if he had messaged me on Myspace though to confirm that he'd need me to bring the list in the first place, because he never did. Then I could've messaged him the list...idk whatever...

Valentine's Day really messed up today, not going to lie :p. Josh was going to be my partner, and he has a vehicle which would've made everything all good. Plus, you guys would've had a challenge ^_^.

Anyways, see anyone who's go tomorrow, tomorrow.

studly

Smash Ace
so im back in the game and will shortly be posting the new plans for the elmwood march tournament.... any ideas about date preference?

D

Deleted member

Oh i almost forgot to ask, Gooey can you point us to the stage list you are referring to? Cause ive found several different lists that slightly vary, and even though next brawl tournament is free for all, im sure me along with the others would want to see the stage list you will be giving to AJ

D

Deleted member

hmm,yeah i agree,this list seems reasonable from what im seeing right now, although i think pokemon stadium 2 might need a ban lol. I say that only because the electric stage's treadmill part is reallllllly unfair for some characters,in particular ganondorf,but idk,thats up for debate i guess. Its just characters like ganondorf will almost inevitably lose a stock on that one stage unless they are lucky enough to be in the middle when the time comes,because traveling accross that thing is nearly impossible for him hahaha

studly

Smash Ace
for the love of god...i hate FD in brawl
i think that depends alot on what character your using... but generaly its my least favorite neutral stage....

out of all the characters who have a disadvantage from playing on that stage.... ganon's is the worst

HOLY CRAP have you guys heard about the tournament riot...
brawl's first national tournament ended in a riot

D

Deleted member

omg are you serious? Post links! hahahaha. I wanna see this,and cant seem to find it.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion

studly

Smash Ace
allright so im gonna answer some questions about my upcoming tourney in March....

Brawl Singles
3 stock
best of 3 with counterpicks (i need someone to talk to me about what stages we should allow)
single elimination

All chain grabs are allowed except DDD's standing infinite
The Ic's are not broken!!!!!!!! DDD is!!!!

i need any suggestions about how we should distribute the winnings!
right now its
50% to 1st
35% to 2nd
15% to 3rd

Ok Now do we want the secondary Tournament to be Brawl Doubles or Melee singles???!!!!
i will not run the melee tourney! if you want it you gotta get it... Brawl doubles would be team attack off unless popular demand wants it on

POSSIBLE DATES and times
March 14
March 21

both are Saturdays and will probably be at noon or 1pm

VENUE LOCATION

615 E Ash St
Elmwood Illinois

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
haha sounds tight, i'm most likely in. I'm more in for melee singles for the secondary tournament rather brawl doubles no TA. You should post another thread for this tournament. I like the way winnings are distrubuted.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Yeah, no team attack doesn't stress the whole "teamwork" part of doubles...it's just there's an extra target and your partner...helps out. Team attack forces you to adapt to many situations in order to aid your partner, and you have to work on spacing, ofc.

I vote Melee singles as well though :p

D

Deleted member

haha,THANK YOU for that chaingrabbing part. IC aren't remotely close to broken.

studly

Smash Ace
melee singles all the way...and WTF TA has to be on if you play doubles...>.>
i generally dont play doubles tournaments sooo lol

I vote Melee singles as well though :p
and untill someone tells me they want to run the melee tourney... its probably Brawl Doubles with Team Attack on .... i might just start asking around to get someone to run it

haha,THANK YOU for that chaingrabbing part. IC aren't remotely close to broken.
youre welcome... yeah so far im only banning one thing

VOTE FOR A DATE 14 OR 21

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I'm currently not in knowledge of the date for GS's tourneys this next month, but as long as it's not on a Smash weekend, I'm totally fine with either date. I'll just make plans around that date because neither of them look like I have anything planned...but maybe...oh nvm, no meets in March, forgot xD.

Anyways, I guess I could help out a lil bit with the Melee tournament and I'm sure Josh & BP would help out as well since we've all been to a large turnout Melee tournament before.

D

Deleted member

<rage>

wow,this really sucks. on the 21 there is a smash weekend, and on the 14th I will be at a robotics competition in Milwaukee, so FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

</rage>

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Studly makes a very good point dude...

I'm actually only considering going to the Melee FFA tourney because Falcon will have tons of fun with that, it'd be lame with any other character IMO....

D

Deleted member

hmm,yeah you do make a good point lol.Although at the same time,I'm like 15 minutes away from gamers sanctuary so its definitely alot more convenient,as opposed to like,an hour drive to your place+me getting lost cause i suck at reading even the easiest directions lol. Idk,i guess it will just depend on how im feeling that day

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
There isn't much advertisement on this elmwood tournament. You should post a separate topic for it or post it on Allisbrawl.com tournament page. I don't mind doing it for u if u want to get more people to come.

studly

Smash Ace
There isn't much advertisement on this elmwood tournament. You should post a separate topic for it or post it on Allisbrawl.com tournament page. I don't mind doing it for u if u want to get more people to come.
with people constantly changing the date its hard to do any advertisment... plus my classes have kept me really buzy lately... just gettign the venue set aside was fairly time consuming
I Willl be spending the next two days working my *** off on this and you will see a thread go up... but please everyone on here can and should spread information about this tourney however they want That would be awesome

Elmwood Over 9000
March 14th at
noon register and friendlies
1pm Brawl singles
4pm melee singles We Are Doing Melee rather than brawl doubles

10 dollar entry fee for each tournament
(there is no venu fee)

615 E Ash St
Elmwood Illinois

my contact information
Global.server@gmail.com
myspace.com/globalserver
(309) 231-4799

we need melee setups and any extra wii's or TV's would be greatly aprechiated

i think i allready posted alot of the information earlier in this thread... so if you have any question or want to talk to me about either bringing a setup or helping get the melee tournament running please contact me

here are the rules im probably going to use for both tournaments
brawl
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187735
melee
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=137382

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
oh btw, this is the separate tournament post. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223821

haha and i noticed there are 2 more tournaments in illinois on the 14th. One in aurora and on in champaign

I can prolly spare a TV and a wii too, if i can go.

Making sure.
• 3 stock
• 2/3 sets
• 3/5 finals
• 8 minute time limit
• Items off
right?

studly

Smash Ace

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Oh, if i come to the tourney, i can bring Brawl+, SSB64, with it also and recording stuff (maybe).

D

Deleted member

lol so its been awhile,and i was wondering how did studly's tournament go?

studly

Smash Ace
it was good we gave out over 220 in prize money.... melee didnt get enough turnout .... but we really didn't get it enough hype ... we are maybe looking for a venue thats easier to find ... but it looks like theyre will be another one sometime in the future...

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
pekin would be nice IMO, its like halfway between springfield and peoria, so you could get a handfull of people from both. The only ones from spi at over 9000 were tomacawk and I, while a handfull (maybe 6 or 7?) of others decided not to go because of the distance. And it would be kinda hott if there was like a sprinfield vs peoria crew battle.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Lmao, that actually wouldn't be that bad of an idea...at least in the Melee aspect.

Peoria crew would probably be me, Josh, Rashad, filler, and filler while you guys would have Ripple, Tomacawk, Gambit, Oranos, and you I'd presume.

Need to uhh...get those other two spots filled xD, maybe Grant would want to get more involved, huh Rashad :p?

studly

Smash Ace
seiously though ill check some places out... i dont play alot of melee but ill mos def get off my *** and look into kelping you guys rune some melee crap and that would be great hype for the melee portion of the next tournament

Top Bottom