• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

studly

Smash Ace
14th it is then... and the only thing that sucks about it mayb e being on the same day as a GS tournament is that he wouldnt announce it for me if it does......

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Well Studly, you planning on posting an announcement for this tourney up on here? If so, we really don't need GS to publicize it, plus there isn't THAT many good people at GS that we don't already know on here already anyways. Just look around for some local smashers I guess, and everyone else do the same =).

Dart

Smash Lord
well david im pretty much talking to the few and proud right here...plus krieg but he doesn't get on here :/

studly

Smash Ace
Im Trying To come up with some tournamnet fodder... everyone bring as many smashers as you can... your crews and stuff.... invite people...... yeah so has anyone talked to black panther?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i'd like to join this tourney. When u say fodder, do u mean organizer? I recommend using the tio tournament organizer. http://allisbrawl.com/tio/ to organize the tournament, Double Elimination (spefically).

What is the address to this tournament anyways?

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Umm Josh, it actually IS on February 14th lmao! Anyways, the 21st would be fine with me I suppose, just as long as the tournament started at like noon at the latest, because if EPEpic is on the same day, it doesn't start until 6:30 PM, so I'd be able to just come straight from the Elmwood tourney to it I guess.

And studly, I'll make sure to get ahold of BP soon, I need to smash with him again soon anyways lol. He said he'd come to a Melee tournament, and you said there would be one, so don't doubt that he won't come unless he's all smashed our from SMYM on the 7th.

studly

Smash Ace
well if its the 21st i can go...im busy on valentines day
wow lol so randomly it never even occured to me lol... yeah ill be buzy then to i guess.... the 21st it is!

i'd like to join this tourney. When u say fodder, do u mean organizer? I recommend using the tio tournament organizer. http://allisbrawl.com/tio/ to organize the tournament, Double Elimination (spefically).

What is the address to this tournament anyways?
im refering to less skilled players to make the tournament larger ...and im fairly sure i know how the brawl tournament will run... but im not sure about the melee one... and the church is in Elmwood on East Ash Street (its literally the farthest thing east on that street)

Umm Josh, it actually IS on February 14th lmao! Anyways, the 21st would be fine with me I suppose, just as long as the tournament started at like noon at the latest, because if EPEpic is on the same day, it doesn't start until 6:30 PM, so I'd be able to just come straight from the Elmwood tourney to it I guess.

And studly, I'll make sure to get ahold of BP soon, I need to smash with him again soon anyways lol. He said he'd come to a Melee tournament, and you said there would be one, so don't doubt that he won't come unless he's all smashed our from SMYM on the 7th.
... and yeah thats good.. BP is soo much more into the melee scene around here i was hoping hed help out or at least throw some information my way on who he thought would come... another concern i had was if we have enough melee players for a tourney .....

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Haha my apologies the thread was flooded with so much Brawl talk I didn't really want to intrude. If there's somethin you need help with regarding melee (because I don't know enough about Brawl and you guys seem to have that under control anyways) let me know I can help you with just about anything.

studly

Smash Ace
Haha my apologies the thread was flooded with so much Brawl talk I didn't really want to intrude. If there's somethin you need help with regarding melee (because I don't know enough about Brawl and you guys seem to have that under control anyways) let me know I can help you with just about anything.
first, did you plan on coming?

i really dont have any information on what melee players are even in this area... so i was mainly just trying to figure out if we had enough players for a tourney

i also need a melee rules set

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
As far as I know studly, locally, BP has like...3 friends that I know of that are pretty good at Melee that he plays with. He might have more though, so don't take my word for it :p. Add me, Josh, Krieg, some other random people like those two guys that won 1st and 2nd at the GS Melee tournament last week, and we got a decent sized tourney I'd say. Well, not just like us 10 people, but I'm sure friends of friends can bring friends and etc.

As for Melee rules, it's 4 stock 8 min time limit with stages being illustrated by this photo:
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8236/mlgstagesphannauj4.jpg
Teams is basically the same, the picture above even has teams listed if read correctly. Only dif. is team attack is obviously an issue, and make sure to turn it on because it enforces MUCH more teamwork and spacing than having it off, I'm sure you and I can relate to that. *cough* ZSS Dsmash spam to Ike Fsmash *cough*

EDIT: Instead of double posting, I guess I'll just add on to this post. Screw February. Too many awesome things going on all in one month, and it seems like I may be able to do 2, or 3 at most...There's SMYM on the 7th, EPEpic is any one of the weekends(probably the later weekends), Valentines is on the 14th, The Scavenger Hunt(many won't know what I'm talking about unless you live in EP, but it's awesome) is on the 21st, and then this is on the 21st... Good gracious I don't know how I'm going to do all of this, but I have to find some way xD. Just thought I'd post this because that Scavenger Hunt might mess up things if my friends group up and need me.

studly

Smash Ace
As for Melee rules, it's 4 stock 8 min time limit with stages being illustrated by this photo:
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8236/mlgstagesphannauj4.jpg
Teams is basically the same, the picture above even has teams listed if read correctly. Only dif. is team attack is obviously an issue, and make sure to turn it on because it enforces MUCH more teamwork and spacing than having it off, I'm sure you and I can relate to that. *cough* ZSS Dsmash spam to Ike Fsmash *cough*

EDIT: Instead of double posting, I guess I'll just add on to this post. Screw February. Too many awesome things going on all in one month, and it seems like I may be able to do 2, or 3 at most...There's SMYM on the 7th, EPEpic is any one of the weekends(probably the later weekends), Valentines is on the 14th, The Scavenger Hunt(many won't know what I'm talking about unless you live in EP, but it's awesome) is on the 21st, and then this is on the 21st... Good gracious I don't know how I'm going to do all of this, but I have to find some way xD. Just thought I'd post this because that Scavenger Hunt might mess up things if my friends group up and need me.
allright then lol ...melee rules

well when it gets closer to feb ill start looking into better dates that the 21st...see who all can come and when

flipkid

Smash Apprentice
hey guys.... there's a possibility im moving away from peoria (yeyuhhz!) so come out to rashads to smash this week... just putting it out there i wouldn't mind a *dash* of brawl and/or sf2 just to see what's up with players here and those games..

-D

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Hey man, I'm going to definitely try my hardest to go to Rashad's at least twice this week if I can help it. Hell, even if my parents have to have some kind of conference with him, I definitely need to head over there sometime this week.

Also, I'm down for any other games anyone wants to play there, just I can't guarentee pro'ness =)

studly

Smash Ace
Uh that would be me lol. And about the tourney. IF it's anytime in February probably too many things goin on plus SMYM.
haha lol... yeah none of my groups ever been by your place .... we just started playing melee again sooo we suck right now (transition of AT's )
legion and i are planning on attending SMYM 9 soo haha

Okay the elmwood tournament has been officially postponed to March! ill have to check dates again.... and for the name... im thinking "over 9000"

opinions?

D

Deleted member

The next GS tournament should be interesting with FF on and counterpicks n stuff. I assume AJ knows all the maps that are legal and whatnot? right? hahaha I haven't been the one feeding him all the information on this stuff lol.

On a side note, I'm getting the sudden urge to play F-Zero GX hahaha. I popped in the disk a few days ago and played and forgot how good it was.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Alright, well I've been messaging AJ with CPs for Brawl, and I don't really know if he's going to use them or not tbqh...I'm actually just glad he allowed FF to be on, because that's definitely going to make and break some teams *cough* ZSS & Ike *cough*. Seeing as Brawl's stage list select is rather up in the air atm, I'm just going to take what I think is best to be banned or CPs and go with that. With that said, Lylat Cruise and Pokemon Stadium 1 will be CPs, not neutrals because of several factors that really make them more partial to other characters than others.

Anyways, I've been lately getting urges to get back into competitive Pokemon(Don't lol at me ;_;!), but luckily WoW and Melee have been diverting my attention from that. Both dinging 80 and getting better for SMYM9 are definitely on my mind, so this urge shouldn't bother me much at all :p.

D

Deleted member

(Don't lol at me ;_;!)

lol

hahaha and gooey i can tell you are REALLY bitter about that 1 team in the last 2v2 hahaha. We actually vsed them and beat them i think but im pretty sure our match was fairly close. But honestly i could tolerate the downslam spam ZSS did and ikes forward slams,but the parts at the beginning pissed me off

And if it means anything,the Ike that was in that team was the one i infinite chaingrabbed at the last 1v1 hahahaha

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Yeah no kidding Josh, I just don't understand how we didn't beat them when we handled your team much better than they did...=(

Then again, Krieg and I switched characters just that morning rofl, so I'm surprised we even got to the finals in the first place.

studly

Smash Ace
there are some things in brawl that i really really like....
the buffering for one and the variation in characters for another......... melee feels like you can choose between like 7 characters or their clones

Dart

Smash Lord
but those 7 characters have more depth in themselves even being clones than most of the brawl cast....I mean in brawl you learn your character, in melee you learn your character and techniques that are common knowledge but they are needed.

studly

Smash Ace
but those 7 characters have more depth in themselves even being clones than most of the brawl cast....I mean in brawl you learn your character, in melee you learn your character and techniques that are common knowledge but they are needed.
im not against melee lol... and your right
theres probably only 7-10ish characters in brawl that are that have good depth

i really ment its just cool to see so many character choice options when the game starts up... not even to say i use half of them lol

Dart

Smash Lord
hahaha yeah it does feel kinda better when you see ALOT of characters *even though only a few get used* but still i love the speed of melee, i just wish snake was in melee and id never have to play brawl. >.>

studly

Smash Ace
i think i like the hitstun in melee more than anything... the Combos are amazing ... yeah and after playing guilty gear and melee for like 5 hours and then suddenly shifting to brawl..... you literally are like... ummmmm wtf no combos??? Gah

yeah and so Legion and i cant make it to SMYM due to lack of funds and lack of time

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Studly, I'm just going to say, you guys missed out BIG TIME!

SMYM9 was so worth going to, I got to do more than I expected there, and it was all 1337. Me and Josh actually won a set of doubles, I didn't get 4 stocked by either Darkrain, Tink, or Zjiin in Falcon dittos, and I played a ****load of friendlies.

Definitely worth my $60 and sitting in a car for a total of 3 hours.

studly

Smash Ace
Studly, I'm just going to say, you guys missed out BIG TIME!

SMYM9 was so worth going to, I got to do more than I expected there, and it was all 1337. Me and Josh actually won a set of doubles, I didn't get 4 stocked by either Darkrain, Tink, or Zjiin in Falcon dittos, and I played a ****load of friendlies.

Definitely worth my $60 and sitting in a car for a total of 3 hours.
i knew it would be .... i just simply didnt have the resources to go and i still suck at melee despite all the practice

Dart

Smash Lord
I was happy with our 1 win on teams and my 1 win in singles and i even made my own combo XD...SMYM was too ****ing good

D

Deleted member

haha,so,for those of you who get on here tonight, who will be going to the GS tourny tomorrow? Cause i know its valentines day so some people probably wont show up.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I was actually planning on going with Josh, but he has a girlfriend I guess, what a loser! Lmao jk man!!!

Anyways, we should all just do the Melee 2v2s on Sunday to get some Smash in this month for ALL of us :p. Friendly fire is on so it should be interesting...teamwork > knowing all the advanced techniques and being a terrible teammate.

*cough*

Top Bottom