• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

Dart

Smash Lord
If you don't mind me asking, what are those two "massive" tournaments? I did a lazy 1-2 page glance and only saw the date for one tournament (in Ohio though)

Anthony, the IN tourney this upcoming weekend is Smashing Through the Snow for Brawl (side melee play = idk?)

*Edit*

SFIV and Brawl weren't the 2nd iteration of a game...? (MW2 wasn't really either, but it was a "2" at least)

Anyone interested in traveling to Iowa for one of their monthlies in Des Moines? Peoria is on the way from here...
if you guys can pick me up i have no reason not to go. is the monthly for melee or brawl? if its both i'm still game too.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
The tourney i linked is on the same day as the circuit event that God-is-my-rock is holding the first event on in Indy.

Ill try to find that thread

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I'm still down for Jan 9th with Oranos (he's carpooling us),

And for the other tourneys, we need david or lucas to carpool us prolly.

Oranos, u going to Iowa's Joker monthly on feb?

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
idk about Feb yet, but I'm looking to go to:
Smashin' Through The Snow (this weekend)
Joker's (January) Monthly (Jan 9th? or 16th?)
Hot Dickings (Jan 30th)
CoF:ASC or VGBootcamp Indy(February 20-21, probably CoF)

hosting:
TIMS4 (unconfirmed date in Dec./Jan.)

Organizing cars beforehand is pretty awesome (:)) and yeah, I'd probably ask for you guys to chip in a bit for gas $

Also, when it gets closer to Joker's tourney, I need to be able to find a teammate
(maybe one of you guys?)

Dart

Smash Lord
jokers thing, would you need a teammate for brawl? cuz i would probably be interested *ill pick it back up and actually find a different character. probably marth or someone easier than most to learn*

btw i beg you to make TIMS4 in january.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
jokers thing, would you need a teammate for brawl? cuz i would probably be interested *ill pick it back up and actually find a different character. probably marth or someone easier than most to learn*

btw i beg you to make TIMS4 in january.
Yeah, I'd need a teammate for Brawl and it'd be ok if you used Snake lol (dunno who I'm using.. G&W, Dedede, or somebody else)

TIMS4 will probably be January because of how the next few weekends are going, but there's no guarantee that we won't host it on some random day over winter break to get it over with :ohwell:

*Edit* I subscribed Affinity, but I won't know if I can go until later.

Dart

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'd need a teammate for Brawl and it'd be ok if you used Snake lol (dunno who I'm using.. G&W, Dedede, or somebody else)

TIMS4 will probably be January because of how the next few weekends are going, but there's no guarantee that we won't host it on some random day over winter break to get it over with :ohwell:
I'm gone all winter break, i know you can't cater to one person but i'd say i'm probably the most anxious person in peoria crew to play in any kind of tourney situation. any kind of pressure practice is good with me.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
idk about Feb yet, but I'm looking to go to:
Smashin' Through The Snow (this weekend)
Joker's (January) Monthly (Jan 9th? or 16th?)
Hot Dickings (Jan 30th)
CoF:ASC or VGBootcamp Indy(February 20-21, probably CoF)

Organizing cars beforehand is pretty awesome (:)) and yeah, I'd probably ask for you guys to chip in a bit for gas $

(maybe one of you guys?)
oh of course.

Can't go to smashin through snough though

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
I'll see what I can do, Dart.. but like I said, if it happens it happens (no big deal anyway, just a small TIMS)

Also, I forgot to thank you Rene for helping me figure out what tournaments you were talking about :)

Understandable, An.

Dart

Smash Lord
i can go to smashin through the snow...is that the one you guys are picking us up for?
and still though, its nice to hang out with you guys when i can cuz i can't just head down to Sfield whenever i want. we are friends as much as we are fellow smashers i figured.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
So when I was practicing tech skill earlier, I stumbled upon something that I'll probably make a video of soon. Plus, I have a question for you Rene...at SMYM10, were you in Tink & Dope's doubles pool?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
So when I was practicing tech skill earlier, I stumbled upon something that I'll probably make a video of soon. Plus, I have a question for you Rene...at SMYM10, were you in Tink & Dope's doubles pool?
he was wearing a purple's viking jersey from what i believe, not sure if that helps

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Well...were you in Darkrain's singles pool?

EDIT: Ask Shonic if he was if you don't mind...I remember playing a Marth that didn't know how to jump hahaha, I played DK against him when he CP'd Pokemon Stadium xP

Top Bottom