• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Yeah...I read a lot of it and I'm just kind of like omgwtfHax. I hope he realizes he really can't sue any longer after saying he smokes marijuana everyday, because first thing Eggm is going to do is provide these posts in his defense, whether it helps him or just puts Hax on the spot for dealing with illegal drugs. Plus, not many people are really mad at Eggm for doing this, so really he doesn't have to pay **** if he doesn't want to.

Favorite Falcons:
Darkrain
Silent Spectre
Scar
Isai
Hax

Sucks, but lost mad respect when he went and insulted Reno.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
okay so here's my (rough draft) plan to get to Smashing Grounds....

Alright,
1. Drive/carpool to the Bloomington-Normal Amtrak Station (100 East Parkinson Street, Normal, IL 61761). We should be there before 7ish AM since train is leaving around 7:30. Get tickets for 300 Lincoln Service at 16$ per to Chicago.

2. By train, we should arrive at Chicago Atmrak station (225 South Canal Street, Chicago, IL 60606) around 10AM.

3. Walk/Run to Ogilvie Transportation Center (500 West Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60661). Its just 2 blocks north of our arrival.

4. Take train #29 of the Ogilvie Transportation Center to Glen Ellyn (551 Crescent Blvd. (at Main St.) Glen Ellyn, Illinois). Departs 10:40 and arrive at 11:25. $4.50 for One way ticket. (2.25 reduced?)

5. Have sveet pick us up for the tourney and spend the night somewhere.
6a. Have someone drop us off at the Chicago Amtrak station before 6:30 AM. Take 301 Lincoln Service (12$). Depart at 7 and arrive at 9:14. And get rides back home.

Or

6b. Take a Glen Ellyn Train (#500) to Ogilvie Transportation Center. 7AM to 7:46. $4.50 Ticket. Walk to the Chicago Amtrak, buy 34$ tickets for 303 Lincoln Service. Departs 9:25 AM to 11:35AM. We’re at Bloomington and drive home.

Or

We can just carpool all the way to Chicago.

and btw, I'm going to register tickets before they rise in price (Me, Josh, David so far). I just saw Galesburg prices double right before my eyes from 16$ to 32$ and a couple Chicago tickets get sold out <.<. And Adam and Lucas, if u want, i can register tickets for u. Its pay when you get there. And if tickets run out, then they're out and we're screwed... So we gotta be on time!

That’s just what I wanna do. Seem’s reasonable….

Dart

Smash Lord
okay so here's my (rough draft) plan to get to Smashing Grounds....

Alright,
1. Drive/carpool to the Bloomington-Normal Amtrak Station (100 East Parkinson Street, Normal, IL 61761). We should be there before 7ish AM since train is leaving around 7:30. Get tickets for 300 Lincoln Service at 16$ per to Chicago.

2. By train, we should arrive at Chicago Atmrak station (225 South Canal Street, Chicago, IL 60606) around 10AM.

3. Walk/Run to Ogilvie Transportation Center (500 West Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60661). Its just 2 blocks north of our arrival.

4. Take train #29 of the Ogilvie Transportation Center to Glen Ellyn (551 Crescent Blvd. (at Main St.) Glen Ellyn, Illinois). Departs 10:40 and arrive at 11:25. $4.50 for One way ticket. (2.25 reduced?)

5. Have sveet pick us up for the tourney and spend the night somewhere.
6a. Have someone drop us off at the Chicago Amtrak station before 6:30 AM. Take 301 Lincoln Service (12$). Depart at 7 and arrive at 9:14. And get rides back home.

Or

6b. Take a Glen Ellyn Train (#500) to Ogilvie Transportation Center. 7AM to 7:46. $4.50 Ticket. Walk to the Chicago Amtrak, buy 34$ tickets for 303 Lincoln Service. Departs 9:25 AM to 11:35AM. We’re at Bloomington and drive home.

Or

We can just carpool all the way to Chicago.

and btw, I'm going to register tickets before they rise in price (Me, Josh, David so far). I just saw Galesburg prices double right before my eyes from 16$ to 32$ and a couple Chicago tickets get sold out <.<. And Adam and Lucas, if u want, i can register tickets for u. Its pay when you get there. And if tickets run out, then they're out and we're screwed... So we gotta be on time!

That’s just what I wanna do. Seem’s reasonable….
keep in mind that i cannot run so any plans we have have to allow for walking.

legion598

Smash Ace
@ anthony figured some stuff out about falco. still cant win them but I did get 2 stocks off of hazzard at the tourney which im massively proud of tho the match was mad stupid

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i'll try to come. <.<, i'm supposed to be filling out a fafsa today.

nice adam lol. maybe josh can give u some advice, cuz he basicly learned the match-up the hard way against me and grant(drake) lol.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
and instead of walking to the Ogilvie Transportation Center, we'd need to get a ride from someone from chicago..

studly

Smash Ace
not going to this turney... sadly ive got way too much going on

and i might finally be getting a job! :D

btw still dont know who to main

chewyy

Smash Ace
hey crew, we should try to go to these tournies...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252368
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246744

thinking of taking a train for it...

if we can go to bloomington, at 7 on sat, we'll be at chicago at 10, and we'd need a ride to the tourney... 16$ fare
unless u want to leave the tourney at 8 that night,we'd have to go back home on sunday, 12$ for mornings, one departs at 7 and 9
I can't make it to either tourny, but I may be able to give people a ride on up to Chicago for CoF on Friday and a ride back on Sunday.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Just found out i can't make it <.<, I'm going to a vietnamese Ceremony in Wichita KS, I'm gonna see domo, affinity, and their crew again. GOnna play brawl prolly. I might just give them private lessons in the way of melee.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
dave I'm going to assume that was you texting me about smashing grounds,

I would like to go, but whether I do or not depends on if I catch up on some computer homework. I wanted to do that this week so I could be able to go to ASCoF without any grade worries, but I left my laptop cord at the HD venue, so now I have to wait till next week to catch up, if I were going, I might be able to pick you guys up, unless it was like an hour or more out of my way.

Also, anthony, that jiggle puff **** picture, that certainly isn't one of jigglys attack hit boxes is it?

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Dude, literally everyone was in St. Louis on Sunday T_T. You guys were there, our Springfield buddies were there, my mom's dog showing friend was there, my ex was there, and my friend Jamie and her mom and sister were there. That's so dumb.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
who wants to help me make a roy tech skill video?

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
<-- idea, springfield low tier tech skill vid, I can do gay pika ****, you can do whatever tech skill roy has, and luke can fill in the gaps with like all the other chars, idk if derek is technical with his low tiers, and nick doesn't really play low tiers though.

Man, we really need a springfield combo vid, but **** keeps happining to my computer, so I can't even look at the flim I have if I had time.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Sorry, I'm out buying these rad green Pumas today after work so I can't Smash. The rest of the time will probably be me browsing the mall, wanting to buy some flannels but finding absolutely none that are comfy/good looking in PacSun. **** you, PacSun.

I have switched to red Sheik btw...everyone is white Sheik T_T But then that doesn't make sense because I'm not going red for all my character's colors because I HATE Blood Falcon and red Marth is poopy. This is messed up. Should...I go default Sheik? Light blue Sheik? Why can't there be a yellow sheik or a pink one? That'd be so cool! Btw, I loved that weird dash grab I got on you the other night Josh rofl, I'm still trying to replicate it xD I've done it like 5 times, seems like I dashed one way, then do the slow turnaround **** Sheik does then press the direction I'm about to dash to again while during the slow turnaround. Funny stuff xP

FireFoxxx

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! Fox main here, wanting to get back into Melee! I play a little Luigi when my fingers get tired, being technical is brutal hahaha

Any tournaments or smashfests or anything coming up in the next week or so?

EDIT: Btw, I live kind of in between Creve Couer and Pekin

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
2nd'd on the shut up, yeh nub.

what's this about me not using low tiers? I played low tiers before you even played with us (this includes Pikachu :p) It's just that most of them aren't low tiers anymore :(

FireFoxxx

Smash Rookie
Wtf mindgames =P

It's my old account gaiz ;D When I was a Fox main and I was really original at making usernames lololol

Top Bottom