• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I absolutely have to get a ride there from Springfield, parents won't let me go out to STL in my vehicle =/ And Anthony, I wouldn't mind you coming over Saturday night but the parents are anal about people staying over while they're not home. I was basically kidding about the 2 AM thing, but realistically, 5:30/6 AM would be when we would have to leave if we wanted to get to Springfield in time(taking into consideration we get a little lost) I'd probably just swing by your place beforehand and then head off.

Brett, tl;dr for you: We need a ride from Springfield to STL and then back or else we can't go =/ from the looks of it

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
okay dave, I'll see what I can do, like I said, I'd love to give you guys are ride, but springfield is being kinda difficult on whos is driving besides myself and I assume it you anthony lucus and adam right?

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
dave, I'm 99 percent sure I can take you and anthony if you get down here

mapquest lincoln land community college and be there by 8 30 ish

edit: someone just johned out, now we have 5 for one car, ****ty

is there no way that you could say your getting a ride the rest of the way, and just go without them knowing, I mean I don't like lying to parent, but these are trying times

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ehh...I get ****ed by Murphy's Law quite a lot, so I'm not really going to try that. More than likely my car will **** up, then if it even did get fixed I'd never be able to drive it again. So yeah =/

And a cell # to go over any possibilities left would be spectacular so we don't have to wait for the other to log on to respond. My cell is 309-369-3870

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ok well there's clearly only two solutions left it appears to me. Solution A: Anthony and I play for our seats in that vehicle or Solution B: We/me get in the trunk. Vro did it for TIMS3 =P

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
I seriously wish I could give you guys a ride, like I wish someone from springfield didn't mind the drive :-(

And did vro really do that for tims 3, cause thats really dangerous.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ok, WOWWWWWW what a day. Story time.

10:30 PM, wondering wtf is going to go on, trying to text various people for rides, waiting around on Smashboards for people to sign on and read my stuff, waiting for people to reply to my texts. Nothing much comes up, I wasn't notified until like 6:30 in the morning that Springfield's car was for sure going to be filled, which I kind of expected so Anthony and I started devising a new plan.

1 AM rolls around, Anthony suggests a train and we find a one way train from Springfield to STL for just $17 a piece, and it's 20 minutes away from the venue and Lucas agreed to come pick us up because him and Nude are 1337. Another thing, it would've been my first ever train ride...

Around 4:30 AM'ish is when all plans were completely planned out and I had a for sure plan set out for us to follow by 6 AM. I make sure with Anthony that he has all the necessary directions to and for all these places, and then by that time it's like 5.

Decide to sleep a lil till 6 and then got up and got completely ready, super hyped that a plan was clutched at the last minute, which seems to always happen to me and needs to ****ing stop. I'm being serious guys, I'm not dealing with this **** again and if you want to see how it feels like then I'll gladly leave all the planning to get us all to the next tourney up to you. I'm extremely lucky I didn't take Brett's advice and just drive to STL because I would be in the deepest of **** right now because I called it, Murphy's ****ing Law. I'm not going to lie to the people that just covered a large portion of what I owed for my car.

Anyways, I go and pick up Anthony, la di da, and omg, Anthony's sillyness or whatever you want to call it just made me lose my mind and laugh hysterically the whole entire ride. I had to take the directions from him when we were going by paper directions because he told me a wrong turn, we went on I-74 West I believe instead of I-74 East at the beginning and etc etc lol xD Good times, laughed a lot.

Around...eh...8:30ish? We're just cruisin' down the highway, and I popped a joke and told Anthony the tire was popped and he was like oh **** and then maybe 10 minutes later it seriously popped. Drive off to the side of the road, and notice that it's true. Golf ball sized hole popped in the front. I'm so glad Anthony knew a little bit of how to change a tire, and the rest we just used....Melee fuel...to remove the tire. Oh yeah, put the jack in the wrong place at first and punched a hole in the bottom of the paint right below the door, but it's not visible and won't effect anything so I don't care. Turns out though, on the other side of the tire, it is completely ****ing owned. I swear the whole tire just had a hole around it. Removed it, threw it in the back, and tried out the spare.

Got the spare installed, screwed everything back in and we started going ****ing ape **** thinking we were going to make it after all. Drive back onto the highway, and almost instantly my car's alignment is messed up and my steering wheel is turning hard right. Park on the side of the road again, the tire is flat T_T. So whatever, we turn on our caution lights and go 20 down a 65, there's a gas station at the exit so we could possibly air up the spare if that was the problem. Cop pulls up behind us and pretty much pulls us over and we explain the situation, and he takes my ID and we just slowly drive to the gas station.

Turns out, the air pump there wasn't a high enough pressure to get the tire back over the rim or whatever the **** they meant by that. We scurry around EVERYWHERE at the gas station trying to find solutions, and around 9:30 Anthony thinks of calling a taxi and leaving my car at the gas station. Taxi dude says give me your number and we'll call you back...too bad because we needed to be at the station BY 10:05 and it was at least 15 more minutes of driving to get there, let alone waiting for the taxi to get to the Amtrak station!!! The gas station has some truck tire business thing going, and the dude working there is cool and let's us use an air pump that has more pressure so hopefully it'll do that over the rim thingy majig, but to no avail. Someone else had a blown out tire, and they tried helping by rigging this rope thing to squeeze the tire down and then adding air, but that didn't work. Then, the dude brings out this thing that shoots out 120 lbs of air, and the plan is to start airing up the tire and then shoot the tire with air so it will go back over the rim. Without any bit of warning, the asshat blows that **** thing into the tire and all kinds of **** flies into my face and hell, the air pump flew off the tire because I was clearly devastated and lost my grip of it.

With all options exhausted, there was nothing to do but park, and call the parents up to good ol' ****ing Williamsville while we wait there for an hour T_T Well, we found heaven in hell via the Huddle House, which is a breakfast place right next to the gas station. I was sketchy at first, but I was so hungry so I didn't give a ****. I asked Anthony what he thinks they sell there before we went in and he said, "Obviously huddles"........why did you guys leave me with this kid xD <3. Anyways, had a nice breakfast there, and by the time that was all done, my parents arrived. Went to the stupid Wal-Mart there, got a stupid tire, drove back to the stupid gas station, removed the stupid flat spare tire, put on the new tire, and drove back to Anthony's house and Smashed and then Rashad came and we just had a grand time.

Seriously, I don't even know what to think right now. I'm so flabbergasted that this even happened.

PS: I'm bored of playing Sheik, I'm too predictable with her. I'm playing Falcon again and probably am going to pick up a spacy/floatie for SnG's

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
hey david, totally forgot about gas money >.>, yea next time i see u remind me... If u got paypal i can send it to ya

oh btw... pulling an all time record of getting no sleep. (48 hours) gotta wait till 12.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
man, I'm sorry I even suggested that, when you replied with the murphys law **** I was like what a worry wort, glad you didn't listen to me.

Btw: your gonna be pissed when you hear this, but I was too, on the morning of I called up some people, and it tuned out, not only did 1 person john out, 3 did, so we had 2 open spots in my car. I'm not so mad they johned out, but if they knew they were gonna I wish they woulda told me earlier so I coulda brought you guys. **** was so gay.

funny story about that huddle house, the day it opened, some people drove by and shot at it, and one of the bullets that went through the wall was like five feet from one of the worker's head.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Hahaha, holy **** that is intense! Glad we ate there now ;P

And I guess it really wouldn't have mattered if you guys had open spots or not, our tire went flat before we got into Springfield so ehhhh...although a possibility could've been you guys dropping by Love's gas station and us just leaving the car there for the day, lol oh well xP

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
next tourney is on the 20th... Making an anti-murphy law sticker for reasonable purposes.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
that g station is actually like bike riding distance from my house....if you don't mind riding your bike on a highway, and your def gonna want a mountain bike for that ****, but yea............stuff

Dart

Smash Lord
holy ****....is all i have to say. i got literally no sleep at all this weekend. im sorry dave i wasn't much help but i couldn't really focus on much. i feel like even more **** than i did when dave sent me that U mad text with uber madness

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
lmao, "u mad...with uber madness", yea i pulled a double all nighter that weekend finguring out how to go. Heard u got beat by a falcon O.o, was it close?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
btw, adam..this may help against falco

ok some quick bullet points, but first, you're going about the entire matchup wrong so hopefully after this you get a fresh start

=lasers=
lasers trap you and **** you, there's nothing you can do about it besides not challenging them. same with falco's aerials vs your aerials. you lose. don't challenge.

instead, you want to try to get inside falco's range and have him be NOT on offense, i.e. not lasering and not preparing his stupidly high priority aerials. have him either running away, or in some sort of lag, or in his shield, or sitting there utilting, or even run in shield vs his laggier attacks works for you, like his fsmash, dsmash, or dash attack

=out of shield=
first off, try not to shield. if you are in your shield, don't attack out of it vs good falcos. all of your aerials come out too slow, his nair and bair come out instantly and his dair obviously ***** you.

ROLL.

fullhopping is also not a bad idea.

=laser grab=
laser grab isn't that hard if you're ready for it, but again the issue is you getting trapped in your shield. it's better to eat a few lasers than to let falco approach you and get on the offense with easy laser grabs if he can count on you sheilding

buffer a roll if you know it's coming but the best idea is to see that he's approaching hard and jump away/double jump if you get hit by the laser, just don't give falco those free approaches.

=spotdodge=
good falcos spotdodge shining your appraoches = your stock

falcos could probably rely on this to win entire matches: do whatever, make it seem like they're vulnerable, spotdodge shine profit

however, if you're ready for them, dodges are your friend. if they do it enough, it's a free hit for you. run up and knee/dair instead of grabbing. knee vs spotdodge = knee + cc DI = stock at 40%. grab the ledge and you win.

the IDEA though is that you should be aware of when you HAVE reacted quickly enough and when you HAVEN'T. falcos who rely on dodge will dodge when you are coming at them, that's just the way it is. either you will grab them before the dodge or you won't, but that's on you. if you know that you haven't made it, just run up and knee.

you CAN get those grabs in on reaction, but it's not easy. tech in place is the hardest to react to.

=DI=
DI vs shine is really hard. the answer is down and away but it seems like nowadays that doesn't work either. the honest to god answer is that if you get shined, be prepared to lose your stock. if you don't take 40% consider yourself lucky. DON'T GET SHINED.

anyways, if you change your outlook on the match you'll do better. it seems like you're trying to create opportunities out of falco's approaches, and that's how YOU get in, by letting him get in. unfortunately that only works vs bad falcos, good falcos will destroy you when they are on the offensive and get in, like you're probably experiencing.

instead of letting him approach, you need to ROLL AWAY when he has you jammed up, start over, and make your own approaches, which is easier said than done. get in by running in and shielding, nairing sometimes, but mostly just empty hops and empty double jumps -- i've found that throwing nair around is bad in general, it extends your bodybox(?) and is easily beaten from below.

and as we always say, make every grab count. if you aren't super ****ing good at tech chasing, learn how to do it or lose to the best falcos in the world. it's not a winning matchup but it can be done.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
hey guys decided to play melee only now. brawl is not so fun anymore

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Chyeahhh chyeahhhhhhhhhh

And I'm still torn between playing Sheik or Falcon. Only time will tell....hopefully I can go to Smashing Grounds since I missed Hot Dickings...

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
so umm, gooeys post was the first post of the last page, I read it and was like what could josh have said that was so bad, did he make fun of someone's dead mother? I went back a page, and saw it...worse than expected.

Dart

Smash Lord
Josh if that was serious then you're out of the crew. Get.
so umm, gooeys post was the first post of the last page, I read it and was like what could josh have said that was so bad, did he make fun of someone's dead mother? I went back a page, and saw it...worse than expected.
so much hate, hey as i see it is just another way if i get good at it to get money. i don't care if its a terrible game there are some cool people who play it. plus chewyy and i **** at doubles XD

darkatma

Smash Hero
why win money in brawl when you can win money in melee and have fun?
:D

**** that lol, why play brawl when you can have ****ing amazing vids of your roy beating his hardest matchups? (sheik and ganon)

seriously, i might just go all zelda next tourney

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ok, playing against Zelda is stupid. With Falcon it's relatively easy in some aspects, so long as my head's not up my *** and I choose not to approach with an aerial when she's airborne. Yay fair/bair sweetspotted. Just get her above me and chyea chyeahhhhh uair. Kind of. Sheik, on the other hand, I have a hard time using against that winch. I swear, I try to fair that hoebag and she fair/bairs me back T_T

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Wow, after reading through this whole argument between Hax/Eggm/Reno/whofugginknows, I can say I've lost some respect for Hax, at least as a person. Some of the insults are pretty uncalled for o_O;; Just kind of nice knowing all of us act in a very civil manner and don't do stupid **** like pinch each other or punch/rock bottom people through tables >_>

Top Bottom