• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Hey guys, is Xyro(the best samus in the USA)

i want to pick up pika as my 2nd(for ddd at first and for a REAL 2nd later). I asked ESAM to help me and he says he aint a good techer.....SO i come to you guys fo help.

1. I got Qac down. Its almost 2nd nature.

2. What is the best attack(or safest) to use out of a WAC if you appear in some ones face?

3. I dont have the buffered CG down cause i dont know when to f-ing start it and i dont know if im doing IT or the regular down throw CG.

4. I watch vids and it seems like you people cancel out your fairs so you can combo.....WTF?

5. Are there any REALLY REALLY good vids that yall recommend?
if you play online i can play your pika and give you tips. for answers.

1. yes

2. uair to nair, nair, or dair. it all depends on where you land and what they are doing. also cant forget thunder. jump tjolt is also an option if you are a ways away

3. go to training, grab a char, dthrow, tap grab a little before pika settles to the ground. if done right you will grab again. you dont have to regrab to confirm, as long as the grab comes out. if nothing happens you grabbed too early. if you sheild you grabbed too late.

4. its just that fast xyro

5. anything with anther. im serious lol.
I think Stealth pretty much answered #1 and #2. However....

#3: Don't practice in Training Mode -- the throws won't stale. Practice in regular Brawl mode against CPUs.... not foolproof since they don't do some of the fancy DI tricks that real people can do, but you'll more than likely get the timing down.

#4: To add onto what Stealth said, when you fastfall fair so that only a few hits connect, that's when you get the frame advantage on which you can follow up.

#5: ESAM, K Prime, and NinjaLink have a few good videos as well. Bear's supposed to be uploading some soon.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
re read what i said kaylo. the purpose of what i said was not to practice the regrab (which isnt his problem) but the grab itself, which does not require a regrab. he needs help on the timing, and for that all you need is something to grab and dthrow. i hope that makes sense.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
question: what do i do if i qac up to some ones face and they are shielding? what are my safest options for not getting punished?

stealth im just now learning this stuff,,,,wifi is OUT OF THE QUESTION. ROFL

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Lol. I've gotten.... three, I think. Ever.

They do feel pretty **** good tho.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i still want one lol, no one ever gets hit by my thunder, unless its a flip ><

edit: lol i should practice with stealth's cpu pika :D

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
That's the rumor going around. I'm almost certain a lvl9 Sonic did a Spinshot and I KNOW he did one ASC cancel but really. Who played Brawl against Computers like...at ALL? Those might have been things intended.

I'll get at least SoulSilver. I.... got Platinum but didn't get very far. I'm just usually busy.....

Trypt

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone! New Pika here =D Just mained him and I hope to get amazing! ^-^

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Wait...then who got pissed if anyone suggested Anther?
I don't think anyone gets pissed off..... however, I usually recommend a range of videos. (Obviously Anther's are the best, though.)

I'm getting HeartGold. I still haven't finished Platinum..... it bored me. x.o

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
platinum is so good, the replay value is alot better than pearl and diamond with all of the gym leaders you can rebattle and stuff its so fun :) your rivals pokemon get up to level 85ish too which is awesome!

whats this talk of heart gold and such?are those new versions? where have i been lol

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
why are they going to be good though? like what is the reason to buy them other than oh boy we love everything pokemon?lol

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
you know why i would buy them? (yes them im getting BOTH *****es) because OH BOY I LOVE EVERYTHING POKEMON (no joke, i dont main pikachu and lucario cause i just happen to like them lol)

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Platinum really doesn't have much more replay value than Diamond/Pearl. Rebattling Gym Leaders and battling in the Battle Frontier is only fun for so long. I've also already bred two competitive teams so I never start up Platinum anymore except for the occasional battle against friends.

I went to a tournament today, didn't do so hot. Lost first match, won second, lost third. In my defense, I just picked up Pikachu Thursday night.

PikaDaisy

Smash Rookie
Hello!

Hey y'all! Just wanted to introduce myself. My husband (yes, I'm old), my best friend and I have been playing Smash together since Melee. I used to pwn them, but now my husband (A Zelda main) has caught up to our skill and is now kicking our butts! So, I have been reading these boards and all the sticky'ed threads all week, trying to gain some advantage. They don't know about all the mechanics behind the game (DI, locks, teching, whatever), so I'm hoping to take advantage. I've been practicing QAC for days now (Still hard).

It seems like I can't predict my hubs' use of Nayru's Love and everything gets reflected. It's freaking annoying. Din's Fire, I can deal with, but I keep getting pummeled by Nayru's Love. I also have a question: Zelda's sideways kick (I don't know if it's a f-tilt or f-smash, but it's that kick that if it sweetspots, your animation stops for a second and then you are sent flying)...can you DI out of that? He's gotten pretty good at it. Very annoying. :mad:

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
**** you are old (not that you are old, just old for a smasher, got your age from youtube lol)

the best thing to do with nayrus love is to look at your play style while you are playing, and try to identify any repetitive behaviour in your tjolt and thunder usage. you can form pattern that he can recognise, then now shoot a tjold and punish nayrus love. when it comes to her lightning kick, either her fair or bair, its not a multi hit move, so you cant DI out of it per se, but you can DI the move itself and live just a little longer. if you post some vids of yourself in the critique thread im sure we could help you even more.

PikaDaisy

Smash Rookie
Thanks Stealth! Ah, I just had a birthday...you reminded me...yeah, I'm "mature" for a Smash-player, I suppose. But get this...my hubs is a high school teacher and hosts Smash Tourneys in the classroom like once a semester after school (he's got an awesome smart board projector). I do pretty well against the youngins' ;-)

My game play most definitely needs lots of work. I am becoming totally predictable, and my poor Pika is getting pummeled. I'm still ahead in career KO's, but at the rate I'm going, that may not last. (We've been keeping stats since 2006). Maybe if I'm brave enough, I'll get some vids up

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
got your age from youtube lol
What the..... creepy.... :evil: Stalker status.

I'm still ahead in career KO's, but at the rate I'm going, that may not last. (We've been keeping stats since 2006).
You guys've been keeping track that long?! Sweet! That's really cool.

Also, hooray for another female Pika user! :) Definitely post some vids of your playing. We'll have you ****** them without question in no time.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Lololol. One time when I was little, I was playing a game at one of those Nintendo kiosks in a Target store. I had to go pee really badly, but I didn't want to leave because my mother had just told me not to go anywhere until she came back to get me. Needless to say, I went number one right there in the store. While having soaking wet pants for about 15 mins sucked, I must say the Mario game that I was playing was a lot of fun. Anyways, I just wanted drop by and say that.......................uh......................idk

Top Bottom