• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright: Does he have the Wright stuff?

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
I have to laugh at your opinion now, for jynxing mine, and for it being completely ridiculous. Give me the facts on why Waluigi should be in Brawl.
...THIS ISN'T WALUIGI'S THREAD, Why would I start something about Waluigi when the thread says

PHOENIX WRIGHT

I don't see anything about Waluigi in that topic title. Everyone can have there own opinions, and my opinion is he'll be in, end of story.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
...THIS ISN'T WALUIGI'S THREAD, Why would I start something about Waluigi when the thread says

PHOENIX WRIGHT

I don't see anything about Waluigi in that topic title. Everyone can have there own opinions, and my opinion is he'll be in, end of story.
That's like saying "My opinion is that people can fly". It's a stupid, unrespectable opinion. You have no facts, or simply reasons.. Phoenix Wright's chances are..not THAT bad, since his sales are doing quite well. He could very well be the new Captain Falcon, or the Luigi-ized version, per se. Gannon has a sword. Major difference. W

Gamer2774

Smash Cadet
personally I think Phoenix would be an interesting character and besides, if they can make peach, and zelda figh then they can make Phoenix fight

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
That's like saying "My opinion is that people can fly". It's a stupid, unrespectable opinion. You have no facts, or simply reasons.. Phoenix Wright's chances are..not THAT bad, since his sales are doing quite well. He could very well be the new Captain Falcon, or the Luigi-ized version, per se. Gannon has a sword. Major difference. W
I have my reasons, but I'll discuss them in the WALUIGI THREAD, not Phoenix Wright -.-, I'm not going to go off topic (like you have been). Sales don't matter really, the Mario series sells well, but you don't see every Mario character in the game now do you. New Captain Falcon would be just weird but could sorta work. Once again, I do want Phoenix in, but the odds of Capcom picking him over someone like Mega Man aren't that high.

and god **** you have a problem dealing with people's opinions (all because I support Waluigi, now I want him in the game even more just to see people like you throw a hissy fit :p)

Sinn

Smash Lord
So I've got a short fan comic in very simplified style being made of Phoenix and Maya defending Geno from becoming an Assist Trophy. It should be done...well, in not forever. Keep your eyes peeled for it!

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
Though I've never played a PW game, I would love to see Phoenix show up, and I think he has a shot. Capcom and Nintendo are on good terms, and they might consider his appearance in Brawl to be an advertisement for the fourth Ace Attorney game, maybe giving them an incentive to cut Nintendo a group discount for him and Mega Man. He also has the potential for a very unorthodox moveset, which is always a good thing.

Plus the music I've heard associated with him kicks ***.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Though I've never played a PW game, I would love to see Phoenix show up, and I think he has a shot. Capcom and Nintendo are on good terms, and they might consider his appearance in Brawl to be an advertisement for the fourth Ace Attorney game, maybe giving them an incentive to cut Nintendo a group discount for him and Mega Man. He also has the potential for a very unorthodox moveset, which is always a good thing.

Plus the music I've heard associated with him kicks ***.
You're missing out. I've played 1 and 3 and they kick ***. 1 is needed badly so you can understand how to knots are untied in 3. 2 just has a case that isn't really useful for piecing together the story. 1 has 5 cases, 2 has 4 cases,3 has 5. So yeah, 1 and 3 are in stores most likely. I'm still trying to get 2 myself. Apollo Justice wont come to America unless 3 sells magnificently, SO I RECOMMEND YOU BUY IT!

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
I really enjoyed the first Phoenix Wright game, so yeah, if Capcom decides to contribute material to the game, then PW would be perfect. I'm not sure he'd fit as a playable character, but he should at least make it in as an AT.

Gamer2774

Smash Cadet
you know this is the third capcom character people want in SSBB. I know alot of people want megaman, as we can see hear a good deal of people want PW in it, and Some people (myself included) want viewtiful joe in SSBB

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I hope he makes into brawl in some way.....

It's strange I've always thought the phoenix wright series was owned by Nintendo.....he just seems very Nintendoey :p

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Well, that was awesome. I hope Geno makes it into brawl as well. I thought the ice climbers part was hilarious.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I am going to see if I can force them (or someone) to make more...since it was uber fun to write, and it looks great in the final version ^_^

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Oh god, yes! Ace attorny is thrilling and is easily the best hand held game ive ever played. Pheonix is so funny and is full of charm, it may be unlikely but i'd love to see him in there.

Shame I didn't notice this thread earlier on. x3;

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking a better FS would be "Judgement" where three tables fall onto the screen. Pheonix gets on defense, Edgey and Judgey make cameos in the FS and there's a brief like 20 second court hearing, text and all. It summons one character as the "witness" who is questioned, obvious he can't answer, so Edgeworth and Pheonix keep objecting each other, each objection does a decent amount of damage to the "witness"

Finally a "Guilty" or "Not Guilty" comes up, Guilty is an instant KO to the witness, "Not Guilty" sets them free. It depends on how much the Witness struggles in the cross examination objections.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Sinn: AMAZING job! Seriously great stuff there. The problem with Brawl is that there would be no real way to implement how hilarious PW truly is. :ohwell:

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
This thread wins but. . .

Where the hell is Edgeworth? I support nonetheless. Phoenix Wright is a great game, I really enjoyed it's uniqueness.

@Biggie/Christopher - OH LAWD. I only wish.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
This thread wins but. . .

Where the hell is Edgeworth? I support nonetheless. Phoenix Wright is a great game, I really enjoyed it's uniqueness.

@Biggie/Christopher - OH LAWD. I only wish.
Edgeworth would make a good costume for Phoenix, or Phoenix wearing his magenta suit/cravat... hehehe!

- "Phoenix, get out of my clothes, NOW!

*sprite from court-records.net*

Sinn

Smash Lord
The art I'm getting is taking longer than anticipated, but should be done this week. You will bask in it, BASK in it, I say!

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
I'll have you know that I'll take that as an insult to Phoenix.

Look no further than Chief Mendez.
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2364058&postcount=82

B- Phoenix Punch-Much like Falcon Punch.

B>-Magatama Throw-Throws a Magatama.

B\/-OBJECTION!-Points and hurts, yells it too.

B^-TAKE THAT!-Throws random evidence from cases at opponent.

A-Psyche Lock Break-He breaks a Psyche Lock in the opponent.

A>-Doug Shove-Much like when he shoved Doug Swallow, a shove.

A\/-HOLD IT!-Like Bowser's Claw, another form of grabbing.

A^-Badge Uppercut-Does a Falcon-esque uppercut with Badge

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
Wu Tang Gang, have you ever seen any Phoenix Wrong videos? There is one called "turnabout stupidity" where Edgeworth's cravat was grafted onto Phoenix and i think that would work much better than having the full magenta outfit, because we all know that the cravat is the source of Edgeworth's awesomeness and domination in the courtroom.;)
Edit: didn't mean to submit w/out the pic. Sorry, I'm an idiot.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
Wu Tang Gang, have you ever seen any Phoenix Wrong videos? There is one called "turnabout stupidity" where Edgeworth's cravat was grafted onto Phoenix and i think that would work much better than having the full magenta outfit, because we all know that the cravat is the source of Edgeworth's awesomeness and domination in the courtroom.;)

oh, by the way...

...Just for fun.

Top Bottom