• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright: Does he have the Wright stuff?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
uuuuummmm... okay... HES A FRIGGIN LAWYER!!! or attorney... or accountant... ninja? either way, a guy who just yells at people all day is a baaaad idea, and I cant stand to think that he'd be screaming "hold it, hold it" and, "OBJECTION" and would obviously lead to people smashing their wiis in half just out of pure contempt for such a ******** character... my rant is over.
yeah, but he's an AWESOME lawyer, so that automatically makes him kickarse >:3

anyway, pheonix wright assist trophy FTW!!!!!! he could shout "HOLD IT!!!" causing everyone to freeze (or perhaps just be stuck in place, like jelly jiggler's 2 koma in jump ultimate stars)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Mario's a plumber, what's your point?
Mario's a plumber with awesome jumpings skills and super Koopa-kicking action!

Phoenix Wright... Well, when have we seen Phoenix fight? Not that I'm saying people who haven't been seen fighting don't have a chance, it's just Phoenix doens't seem... right... for Brawl.

Also, I must add, you used a bad example.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
OMG, he would be the most awesome character/AT ever!!!!! If he was a character, I'd SOOO main him.

Just to annoy my friends, I'd be yelling "OBJECTION!" after every attack they do.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Crazy and unexpected characters: CONFIRMED!

Uniqueness: CONFIRMED!

Characters you wouldn't expect to find in a freestyle deathmatch: CONFIRMED!

Phoenix Wright: Confirmed?

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Never would have thought of this but if i see a good move set i would think it was cool.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Guilty

Dizzynecro said:
Never would have thought of this but if i see a good move set i would think it was cool.
Hmm...let me see...I think I vaguely remember something of the sort...ah, here we go:

Phoenix
Brawl
- For -

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- STATISTICS, ETC. -

STRENGTH: His hits deal a medium, Mario-like amount of damage.
DEFENSE: At 20%, he starts losing his ground upon strong hits. At 40%, he's flying without recovery for a bit.
SPEED: At full run, Nick clocks in just around Samus' level.
JUMP: Jump height is just between Link and Samus. In other words, average.
GRIP: Nick turns at the same speed (and with the same "slip factor") as Marth.
WEIGHT: Nick is not a fastfaller, and has about the same flight distance:damage ratio as Samus.

Symbol: The silhouette of Nick's famous "Objection!" pose, finger outstretched.

Kirby Hat: Kirby dons a wig that looks just lke Phoenix's spiky do'.

Alternate Costumes:
1 - Phoenix's normal blue suit.
2 - Miles Edgeworth's regal red outfit.
3 - Nick's white musician outfit. (Seen on the cover of the "Gyakuten Saiban meets Orchestra" music CD)
4 - Pre-attorney Phoenix from GS3, the one with the pink sweater and face-mask.

Item: Luminol Spray - Reveals any and all cloaked enemies, covers the area around motion-sensor bombs with a white mist, and generally makes hidden things (new items that haven't been revealed yet) not hidden anymore.

Taunt : Nick nervously chuckles, one hand on his hip, the other behind his head. See below. (Of course, it's only one run through of the below animation.)

Winning Scene 1: Nick adjusts his tie, then smiles and gives a quick nod toward the camera with one hand on his hip.
Winning Scene 2: Nick is seen holding a DS Lite, yelling "Objection!", "Objection!", "Objection!" into the mic. After a second or two, he gets angry and throws the DS off-screen. He straightens up, adjusts his tie, and sulkingly grins at the player.

- MELEE ATTACKS -

A - Nick punches straight ahead with his left fist, which can lead into...
(1-2%)
AA - Another straight punch, this time with Nick's right. Links to...
(2%)
AAA - A semi-spin with a right leg kick. You know the drill...
(2%)
AAAA - Nick turns all the way around, ending his spin with a diagonal heel drop from his left leg...just kidding. He's not THAT athletic. He ends his combo with a spinning, full-palm slap!
(1-3%)

Side Tilt - Nick whips his briefcase in front of him, starting high and ending low.
(4-6%)
Up Tilt - Nick punches skyward, hopping about a foot off of the ground.
(3-5%)
Down Tilt - Nick trips over nothing, coming down hard in front of him. With good timing, this can go right into a falling recovery.
(6-8%)

Dash Attack - Nick crow-hops a few feet while winding up a punch, then jams it straight ahead into the foes gut.
(3-7%)

- SMASH ATTACKS -

Side Smash - Nick grips his briefcase tightly in both hands, and baseball-swings it in front of him. A hit sends paper flying everywhere (just for effect).
(12-15%)
Up Smash - More briefcase shenanigans ensue as Nick arcs the thing overhead, sending recipients diagonally downwards in front of him, sort of like Fox's Up Smash, only from back to front rather than front to back.
(13-14%)
Down Smash - A solid stomp in front of him. A full-charge yields a 3-stomp combo.
(1 stomp: 9-12%, each additional stomp adds 4-6%)

- AERIALS -​

Neutral Air - A horizontal spin, akin to Peach's Nair, only with Nick's briefcase. Paper will fly.
(5%)
Forward Air - A punting kick, with slight lag for the wind-up. Acts like C. Falcon's "Knee" if Nick's foot contacts the center of the enemy.
(3-5% regular, 15-17% on-target)
Backward Air - Nick spins around once in midair, briefcase leading. A briefcase pimpslap.
(7-8%)
Upward Air - The backflip kick. However, if Nick uses this, he ends up losing recovery, and crashes to the ground (he's a lawyer, not an acrobat; you expect him to pull off a mid-air backflip!?). Good timing can once again lead to a falling recovery.
(6-7%)
Downward Air - The double-stomp, although it acts more like Sheik's than C. Falcon's (i.e. it has many, many hitboxes, rather than just one).
(6-8%)

- GRABS -​

Grab - Reaches out with both arms. The "bear hug" method. Once held, Nick keeps hold of his opponent with one hand while keeping his briefcase at the ready in the other.
Running Grab - Same as above, only with stopping lag.
Grab Attack - Nick clubs his foe across the head with his briefcase.
(1-2%)

Forward Throw - A sidearm pitch using both arms.
(3-4%)
Backward Throw - OH YEAH, THE WRIGHT-STYLE SUPLEX!
(8-9%)
Upward Throw - A simple upwards toss, a la Mario.
(1%)
Downward Throw - Nick drops the foe to the floor, then follows up with a devastating two-hit heel stomp combination.
(9%)

- SPECIALS -​

B: Objection! - The finger of truth is wielded! If the finger lands right in the middle of an enemy, a nice "homerun" effect and HUGE knockback results. Like C. Falcon's knee, only cooler because it's Phoenix Wright. If you hit the sweet spot, expect a good 35-40% damage as well! (Otherwise, a decent 10%)
Side B: Witness Testimony - Nick glances over the witness' testimony, then with a quick shrug, flicks it away. If you've ever thrown cards, then you know how this sucker flies. A smashed version of this has Phoenix angrily reviewing the sheet, then whipping it away, dealing more damage, but with less range. (Regular 6-10%, smashed 12-15%)
Up B: Flight of the Phoenix - (Note: I'm a bit shaky on this one, so any help would be appreciated) Nick flails wildly, clawing at the air and by some act of God, pulling himself heavenward. Damages like Luigi's dash. (1-4% for each "hit", with 9 hits in the move)
Down B: Cross Examination - Phoenix mulls over his evidence (in paper form). Any attacks are met with a snappy counter, not damaging the foe, but leaving them stunned for a good 1 second, while Nick recovers immediately, ready to launch any attack.

FINAL SMASH: Turnabout! - Nick's determined visage flicks across the screen, and anyone unfortunate enough to be directly in front of him gets a face-full of finger. Phoenix moves around his opponent, quickly presenting piece after piece of contradicting evidence, sending objects and papers flying all over. When the dust settles, the enemy takes anywhere from 25-100% damage, based on how much % Nick has (get it? A turnabout?). No knockback, but huge damage.

END.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I made my own moveset for Mr Phoenix Wright last night. ^_^

B: Present Evidence! - PW throws autopsy papers, Magetama (Forgot how to spell it), Attorneys Badge, Crime Photos, Maps, etc.

<B>: HOLD IT! - PW yells out HOLD IT!!! and every enemy freezes for a second.

VB: Psyche Lock - PW's pocket glows green and suddenly the enemy closest to him is captured in a giant lock which makes them move slower and jump less higher. The lock breaks in 10 seconds. PW can't use this again for 1 minute.

^B: Flight of the Phoenix! - PW instantly transforms into a giant Phoenix and flys into the air then turns back into PW. (Lol, couldn't think of anything..)

Final Smash - OBJECTION!!! - PW will object to something.. heres how it could go.

Phoenix Wright - OBJECTION!!
Mario - Mamamea!
Phoenix Wright - Mario, did you just throw a fireball at me?
Mario - Yes.
Phoenix Wright - Your Honor! Mario's testimony contradicts this evidence!
Judge - Mmm... I don't see how. Please explain yourself, Mr Wright.
Phoenix Wright - I threw an autopsy report just as Mario casted his fireball, correct?
Judge - Mmm.. yes, I saw that.
Phoenix Wright - And it went straight threw the fireball, did it not?
Judge - Mmm... Yes, I suppose it did.
Phoenix Wright - If Mario's fireball was actually FIRE then it would have burnt the Autopsy report to ashes!
Judge - Why.. your right!
Mario - Mamamea!
Judge - Mario! Your a FRAUD! I hereby sentence you to DEATH for lying to us all these years!

Edit: Chief Mendez I swear I didn't look at your moveset until after I posted this. Lol.
Seriously.. very coincidentally we both said Flight of the Phoenix XD

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
Coincidentally, "Flight of the Phoenix" wasn't originally my idea...I think. But maybe it was.

By the way, *****in' FS there. I really would like to see some text elements in Phoenix's would-be moveset, especially after seeing Resetti.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
O yeah remember theres 3 taunts so at least one "OBJECTION!!!" I can totally see him fighting! with his hands in his pockets, a smirk, and awesome kicks looking slick and cocky as he fight. Hm if he makes it, would it be possible for Elite Beat Agents?

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
I don't care how low his chances are, I support Phoenix Wright 100%!!!! :D He's my most wanted Third-Party character XD.

Phoenix Wright for Brawl!

Fawriel

Smash Master
If Phoenix Wright made it in, I honestly think I could forgive any deconfirmation of any character I was looking forward to, and I never even played his games or anything. He's just that **** cool. o_o

MysticKenji

Smash Master
I agree with Fawriel.
Final Smash - OBJECTION!!! - PW will object to something.. heres how it could go.

Phoenix Wright - OBJECTION!!
Mario - Mamamea!
Phoenix Wright - Mario, did you just throw a fireball at me?
Mario - Yes.
Phoenix Wright - Your Honor! Mario's testimony contradicts this evidence!
Judge - Mmm... I don't see how. Please explain yourself, Mr Wright.
Phoenix Wright - I threw an autopsy report just as Mario casted his fireball, correct?
Judge - Mmm.. yes, I saw that.
Phoenix Wright - And it went straight threw the fireball, did it not?
Judge - Mmm... Yes, I suppose it did.
Phoenix Wright - If Mario's fireball was actually FIRE then it would have burnt the Autopsy report to ashes!
Judge - Why.. your right!
Mario - Mamamea!
Judge - Mario! Your a FRAUD! I hereby sentence you to DEATH for lying to us all these years!
Win.

Pheonix Wright should be in so he could meet his number one fan...

yeah he totally needs alot of practice... Pheonix must take him as his apprentice

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
Actually I came up with a Phoenix moveset. Just the sepcial B moves and Fianl Smash though.

B: OBJECTION! Phoenix objects and points his finer, causing damage.

B-Smash: TAKE THAT! Phoenix throws evidence at his opponent (like statues of The Thinker).

B-Down: HOLD IT! A stun attack like Mewtwo's.

B-Up: Desk Slam Phoenix slams his desk and uses the momentum to boost up.

Final Smash: NOT GUILTY The judge declares a Not Guilty verdict. Confetti pops from all over the place, damaging all of Phoenix's opponents.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Sadly I don't think he will be a fighting charecter, although he just might make it as an assist trophy, He could shout Objection! really loud and blow your enimies away :laugh:

Sinn

Smash Lord
In case you couldn't already tell, I'm somewhat of an Ace Attorney fanatic...what with having bought Trials and Tribulations and playing it nonstop for a week straight. Good times, good times...

The unfortunate fact is that in a world filled with third party characters, it disappoints me that Phoenix doesn't stand too good of a chance as being playable...at least not until Capcom vs Nintendo comes out (which...knowing Capcom...is probably on planning stages right now xD).

Though personally, I'm a Maya fan. Phoenix is great and all, but Maya takes the cake.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Phoenix Wright has an astounding chance, believe it or not. His DS remake series has bundled a fortune and many idolize him. He is the reason I want to be a laywer, in fact.

He has potential, he could be the new Cpt. Falcon. After all, Cpt. Falcon had no moveset and came from a racing game.

This game and fame, qould help promote Trials and Tribulations. If not Wright, then I guess Apollo Justice for a Japanese Rep?

Either way, Ace Attorney deserves a series. Case 2 in Trials in Tribulations was epic, I only got up to three in 2 days of playing. I wont spoil. BTW, the top post needs more information...

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
BTW, who gives a **** if Haruhi (on a second note, what IS Haruhi?) likes Phoenix Wright?

Sinn

Smash Lord
Phoenix Wright has an astounding chance, believe it or not. His DS remake series has bundled a fortune and many idolize him. He is the reason I want to be a laywer, in fact.

He has potential, he could be the new Cpt. Falcon. After all, Cpt. Falcon had no moveset and came from a racing game.

This game and fame, qould help promote Trials and Tribulations. If not Wright, then I guess Apollo Justice for a Japanese Rep?

Either way, Ace Attorney deserves a series. Case 2 in Trials in Tribulations was epic, I only got up to three in 2 days of playing. I wont spoil. BTW, the top post needs more information...
Dude, the second case was pretty good, but the last two cases? Dear GOD O_O Epic by the BUCKET LOAD.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Considering I played the first two games back to back I was in a bit of a slump until I picked up Trials and Tribulations this week, now I can't wait for the fourth one. T&T was definitely the best in the trilogy since it used the psychelocks and health bar from JFA and managed to top the quality of the cases of AA, though I was a bit disappointed that I figured out one of the major twists in the last case preemptively.
The way I see it is that there's not specifically set number of third parties just Sakurais assumption. That plus the fact that Capcom and Nintendo are on good terms so who knows. Personally I'd love to kick *** as a lawyer in Brawl.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Mind if I know what that preemptive thing you figured out was? There was one thing that I didn't so much figure out as I thought it was blindingly obvious, but...there were a few things that surprised me, and I'd accidentally given myself some spoilers even.

SPEAKING of which, do NOT go to Wikipedia and look at any of the characters for the fourth game...I think I might have ruined a HUGE plot point for myself because of it...and all I wanted to know was the name of the new attorney T_T

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Mind if I know what that preemptive thing you figured out was? There was one thing that I didn't so much figure out as I thought it was blindingly obvious, but...there were a few things that surprised me, and I'd accidentally given myself some spoilers even.

SPEAKING of which, do NOT go to Wikipedia and look at any of the characters for the fourth game...I think I might have ruined a HUGE plot point for myself because of it...and all I wanted to know was the name of the new attorney T_T
Well a correction would be that I'm pretty sure I've figured out a twist as I'm only partway through the last case but my theory is that
elise deauxnim is morgan fey
though I'm sure that there's still going to be plenty of twists left.

For all things spoilers I've learned to avoid wikipedia a long time ago but thanks for the warning.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Well a correction would be that I'm pretty sure I've figured out a twist as I'm only partway through the last case but my theory is that
elise deauxnim is morgan fey
though I'm sure that there's still going to be plenty of twists left.

For all things spoilers I've learned to avoid wikipedia a long time ago but thanks for the warning.
Well, I won't tell you if you're right or wrong, but I WILL say that it's an interesting theory =3 Plus now I think I know about how far you are in the case. My personal opinion is that case 3-5 is the best case ever made...HELLA long too. I wish I had writing talent like the makers of the series...

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Well, I won't tell you if you're right or wrong, but I WILL say that it's an interesting theory =3 Plus now I think I know about how far you are in the case. My personal opinion is that case 3-5 is the best case ever made...HELLA long too. I wish I had writing talent like the makers of the series...
I'm not sure where you think I am but I've had that thought since the initial investigation and just now managed to start the trial, also good to hear that 3-5 sounds like it'll be the epic trilogy closing I wanted it to be.

I too wish I was as good as writing as the guys who made the games.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I guess people are still forgetting that there is NO fourth Phoenix Wright..

Apollo Justice is the new lawyer in town. He's starring in the "fourth''.

I'll spoil for the hell of it. Phoenix Wright is (again)suspected of murder, in the game. I know this because in the trailer it shows some guy who looks like an old Phoenix Wright.

Top Bottom