• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright series (Ace Attorney Trilogy now on 3DS)

D

Deleted member

I'm thinking we'll see the games finding their way here as a 3DS port or some kind of downloadable service.

I really doubt that it won't ever be localized.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Honestly, you're just being too optimistic if you're expecting a localization from E3. I mean, after some tough debating, they might go with the whole virtual console idea, but that's it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I still have hope they're going to give us an AAI2 trailer for E3.
If AAI2 doesn't show up, then I guess they won't be localizing (for DS at least).

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't understand what reason there would be to show it at E3. If Capcom has already said the costs outweigh the benefits, then where would be the change between now and E3 in terms of costs to localize it?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I don't understand what reason there would be to show it at E3. If Capcom has already said the costs outweigh the benefits, then where would be the change between now and E3 in terms of costs to localize it?
They changed their minds after seeing a lot of concerned fans post about wanting the game to be localized? I mean, it's a long stretch but it's worth a shot, no?

D

Deleted member

Ugh, I doubt this fan translation will work on Windows 98, so I'm pretty much ****ed. I'm still holding on to the slim hope we'll get some info at E3.

D

Deleted member

I wonder what the plot will be about. Do you think we'll see an original plot or one based off a game?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Rumor: Ace Attorney film set photographed

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/24/rumor-ace-attorney-film-set-photographed/

Three photographs have surfaced of what appear to be a set from Takashi Miike's Ace Attorney film. According to Hachimaki, the sets are in Kyoto, where Miike was already reported to be shooting a movie.

If the sets are real, they point to an adaptation of the first Phoenix Wright game, as they are a perfect representation of the Gourd Lake location where that game's fourth case, "Turnabout Goodbyes," takes place.
Looking good! Can't wait to see the movie! (I hope it comes out in NA or has English subtitles in it...)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
That... looks NOTHING like Phoenix... AT ALL.
Even look at the comments O_o

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
His hair has to be spiky. Phoenix is almost unrecognizable without his iconic hair. =/

D

Deleted member

So... I believe I've found a picture of Edgeworth and Maya.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
To be honest, I think that the actress for Maya looks appropriate (although looks a little older than a 17-year-old). Not sure what think think about the Edgeworth actor, though. =/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think the actors looks fine. Phoenix's hair isn't that much different. It's just that they wanted him to have bangs in the movie.
Actors for Maya and Edgeworth aren't in character for those pics, but I think the actor they chose for Edgeworth fits.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Atlus is going to release Devil Survivor 2 for the DS next year in the US.

Why can't Capcom be awesome like Atlus. :(

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
This place has a Phoenix Wright thread....?

I love find threads like these randomly.

Top Bottom