• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright series (Ace Attorney Trilogy now on 3DS)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I really want to go play through all the AA games again. Too bad my brother still has the first AA game. :ohwell:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I liked him, hard to hate a guy that knows the birthdays of the family members of his men.

Besides, he would have been boring if he didn't antagnize Edgeworth imo. :/

Edit: That remix is amazing.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I liked him, hard to hate a guy that knows the birthdays of the family members of his men.

Besides, he would have been boring if he didn't antagnize Edgeworth imo. :/

Edit: That remix is amazing.
Haha yeah, don't get me wrong, he's great in terms of a game character. However, he's not the type of guy I'd go have a beer with LOL.

I guess I felt Edge's pain, because I'm definitely more like him when it comes to personality.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^^man, that's awesome, I for one sometimes prefer the midi version of a pacticular song rather than the original, cool theme nonetheless.

:phone:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I. Love. That. Remix. So. Freakin'. Much.

I made this a while ago using soundfonts and an MIDI.
[yt]VCkNUHnjUX4[/yt]
It's cool, but it's a total train wreck on the stereo sounds. It's painful for me to listen to just because of how the stereo sound was implemented.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
It's cool, but it's a total train wreck on the stereo sounds. It's painful for me to listen to just because of how the stereo sound was implemented.
I don't care if you bash it.
I kinda didn't like how it sounded either.

OmegaXXII

I want more AA themes, by the way, which game from this series is the best? I'm thinking about actually trying it one out just to see what the hype is all about.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's been a long time since I've played them all...but I do know some cases have relations to cases from previous games...so you might be a bit confused or out of the loop.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
The 2nd one in the series is often considered the 'worst'.
That's because people just don't know.

While it's generally considered the weakest (along with Apollo Justice), the ****win final case makes up for it. The thing with this game is that its weakest case is the worst case in the series, but its best case is considered to be the best in the series, so it really pays off. Plus Franziska.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I loved the final case in the second game, it's definitely my favorite final case of the original trilogy.

But I also had the first and third games final cases spoiled, so...

The second game has the worst music overall though.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Again, I have to disagree. JFA has some of the best court music imo. The Cornered theme is probably the best in the series.

Also, if any game is particularly weak, it's Apollo Justice. The music is forgettable, the characters are great but not as memorable as earlier characters, how the crimes are implemented is amazing, however, the pacing is so awkward that you don't really care by the time every case is over. Also, I don't care much for Apollo and his "chords of steel."

Though I guess it did give us Naruhobo.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I could care less about Apollo. If I'm gonna be a defense attorney, PW all day. If they make a sequel to AJ, I hope PW gets his attorney badge back. Would make sense given the events that transpired in that game.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Level 5 America Wants YOU to vote for potential localizations your most excited for!

https://www.facebook.com/LEVEL5IA

-Ninokuni PS3
-The Little Battlers PSP
-Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney 3ds
-Inazuma Eleven Strikers Wii
-Ninokuni DS
-Inazuma Eleven DS
-Time Travelers 3ds
-Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle 3ds
-Fantasy Life 3ds
-Girl's RPG Cinderella Life 3ds

*votes*

The Star King

Smash Hero
That's because people just don't know.

While it's generally considered the weakest (along with Apollo Justice), the ****win final case makes up for it. The thing with this game is that its weakest case is the worst case in the series, but its best case is considered to be the best in the series, so it really pays off. Plus Franziska.
The second case was really good, too. Only the third one was bad.

Only four cases, including the "tutorial" case, was kind of a let down, though.

I loved the final case in the second game, it's definitely my favorite final case of the original trilogy.

But I also had the first and third games final cases spoiled, so...

The second game has the worst music overall though.
I think Trials and Tribulations has the worst court music, even though I LOVE LOVE LOVE Godot's theme. The Moderate Cross Examination music just feels so... un-intense. The Objection theme doesn't feel as victorious as it does in the other two games. The "Court Begins" music is OK, I guess. The one thing I didn't like about Justice for All's music is it didn't use the EPIC Cornered theme that the original and T&T used, but it was still pretty good IMO.

OmegaXXII

Level 5 America Wants YOU to vote for potential localizations your most excited for!

https://www.facebook.com/LEVEL5IA

-Ninokuni PS3
-The Little Battlers PSP
-Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney 3ds
-Inazuma Eleven Strikers Wii
-Ninokuni DS
-Inazuma Eleven DS
-Time Travelers 3ds
-Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle 3ds
-Fantasy Life 3ds
-Girl's RPG Cinderella Life 3ds

*votes*
Professor Layton vs, Ace Attorney of course, I'm glad that Level-5 is doing something about it unlike Crapcom Capcom.

The Girl's RPG looks interesting though.

**must resist**

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Investigations has some really good music, but my overall favourite track is still the epilogue theme from Trials and Tribulations - all the good music in that game medley'd together...

And I agree that JFA has the weakest overall music. All of the good music was carried on to other games anyway, like Edgeworth's theme. Pearl's too (lol). Weakest objection theme, though the Suspense theme isn't too bad.

Apollo Justice's 'objection' theme (A New Trial Starts Here or something) is one of my favourites lol

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Double post.
I spent some time replaying the first Phoenix Wright game. I got through case 4 today. That was such a wacky case.

Now, I'm on case 5, investigating on the first day.

Top Bottom