• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plan Zero Revealed On Brawlhacks Wiki!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I've changed Link's shield size and run speed, I'm testing it out now.. (That's the easy stuff)

Gigas_Deth

Smash Apprentice
See that guy on the corner? Yeah that's not me.
Motion would be more like the swing effects or somthing.
Regular fit is what we're using to edit the character's data itself.

@TheSilence.....: Read the readme file. it goes from NeutralB, SideB,DownB,UpB, and then FS i guess is the final smash
I think that's just an example cuz samus doesnt have anything listed under some of those numbers.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I do not get why it has an error reading the pac files. Someone help plz!!1
Did you unzip the whole folder?

Oh and plus, if anybody successfully changes something, can you list how you did it? It would benefit everyone in the future lol

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Oh and plus, if anybody successfully changes something, can you list how you did it? It would benefit everyone in the future lol
You mean, besides the obvious stuff?

Edit:
Let us know if it worked and how.
Yes, it worked. Open up a character, click on the attributes tab, find stuff you want to modify, figure out what the original decimal value is, think of an appropriate/fun value to change it to, convert that value to a float, throw it in box next to "value," and have fun. Simple stuff is simple.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
You mean, besides the obvious stuff?
Even the obvious stuff lol. You'll get less newby questions that way. If we can do that I'll try to compile everything into one text file or if someone can help me compile all the codes together we'd have a huge code library in the future.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Yes I unzipped everything. >.> in downloads ,I have a folder that's the pac files, and then I have the smash-hacks folder. I go into the smashhacks folder, select smashhacks, select open, select the pac file, and then...

"Error reading file."

Sushi21

Smash Apprentice
This is kinda like RPG maker, when you're trying to write out a script for an event.
Except they're plotted out with different variables. lol

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I am also getting "error reading file." MeowMix .pacs are all extracted into the data folder. Not really sure what's wrong.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Yo I was looking at some characters "Dash" events.
The requrements for dashing says "19" but "19" isnt listed as anything. Would it happen to be either "No buttons Pressed while grounded"?

(trying to get a name for "19" under the events roster)

n88

Smash Lord
I get an error message when I hit "Open" on the File menu.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
With the exception of turning speed, I just gave Link all of Falcon's mobility stats..

Momentum seems to be a bit goofy, darn. Also, I set Link's weight to be really, really high, but it seems to change his gravity as well, I can't jump much at all. However, I'm pretty sure the Plussery changed the gravity on his UpB, so that seems to work. Very interesting.

Edit: Also, while Link's jump does moreorless nothing, his shorthop is about as high as his regular full jump. It's kinda funny, really.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
With the exception of turning speed, I just gave Link all of Falcon's mobility stats..

Momentum seems to be a bit goofy, darn. Also, I set Link's weight to be really, really high, but it seems to change his gravity as well, I can't jump much at all. However, I'm pretty sure the Plussery changed the gravity on his UpB, so that seems to work. Very interesting.
What wold happen if you increased his jumping height to match his weight? (so he can jump noramlly basically)

Sushi21

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and by the way. Has anyone started another thread for this?
Where we can put discoveries we've made?

Also, has anyone attempted to copy values off of another character, and add them to another?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I hope the error reading file gets fixed. Even when I only have one of the program open it still gets the error.

If it means anything I have Windows Vista.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand a single thing o_o...
Will it be more noob-friendly when it gets more advanced and stuff?
Because I've read all the little faqs in there and couldn't bring myself to understand at all ... I'm quite dumb.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
What wold happen if you increased his jumping height to match his weight? (so he can jump noramlly basically)
I'm not sure, I'm going to change ALL of his movement/physics options identical to Falcon and see how that goes.

Also, the Plussery stuff is surely messing around with some of the settings, so testing is a bit difficult, but I don't feel like screwing with VBrawl.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I'm not sure, I'm going to change ALL of his movement/physics options identical to Falcon and see how that goes.

Also, the Plussery stuff is surely messing around with some of the settings, so testing is a bit difficult, but I don't feel like screwing with VBrawl.
Well if you change a character's pac file, insert it into the brawl+ copy and they're plus-ified
But i get what you mean. I figured how to edit effects to a point tho.

Use "External Grpahic Effect" (theres two and i dont know what the second one does so im using the first one)
-Im not done messing with this so more when i test it out later
-Im also trying to figure out the values of each type of effect.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

what value did you have as the shield size? it would help.

Gazoinks

Smash Cadet
Well, all I did so far was make Ganon run insanely fast. I just changed the Run Initial Velocity to a much higher number using the converters Shadic provided.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I think Link's default was something like 15, so I set it to 30, but it wasn't too amazing.. Then I set it to 200 or something, and it was much more satisfying.
Excelent, i used gigabowser's shield value for Captain Falcon. Excellent! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom