• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plan Zero Revealed On Brawlhacks Wiki!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

He also has no walking animation, he just stands in place. Meaning you can only dash.

However, I agree - this is amazing and is much more fun than normal Mario. Just needs some tweaking, and the possibilities will be endless.

And I second the WTF at his taunts and victory poses being switched.
You could do that with codes, actually.

Kaosu Reido

Smash Rookie
This is AMAZING, I just want to verify, the program itself has not been released and has no actual release schedule, right? I'm just verifying, I'm not like "GIVE PROGRAM NOW".

Zephron

Smash Ace
Which he most certainly did!

I am so amazed at this.

Now we can make Young Link, Roy, Dr. Mario WITH PILLS,

and any other character we want.

I want Midna, Megaman (:OOOOO) and Young Link, and Chrono from Chrono Trigger....
OMFG the possibilities are endless XD

Also, I'm really curious how exactly we're going to edit this. Is it a program or detailed codes, or is it an ASH type thing!???? :O

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Which he most certainly did!

I am so amazed at this.

Now we can make Young Link, Roy, Dr. Mario WITH PILLS,

and any other character we want.

I want Midna, Megaman (:OOOOO) and Young Link, and Chrono from Chrono Trigger....
OMFG the possibilities are endless XD

Also, I'm really curious how exactly we're going to edit this. Is it a program or detailed codes, or is it an ASH type thing!???? :O
PW specifically said you can't code Young Link. It's just not allowed. Sorry man

5ive

Smash Champion
OP is really misleading. It should post a link to Brawlhacks Wiki or explain the main goal. People might think that this is about a new character edition. See above post.

http://brawlhacks.wikia.com/wiki/PlanZero

Note: this is all beta work-in-progress as the utility - Plan Zero, now officially named Project SA - is still not entirely complete. Project SA is a hacking utility for Super Smash Bros Brawl giving users the ability to view and alter the script for each character's individual moves. Progress has been steady and it's current level of functionality brought you the above hack in only 24 hours. This hack has been released at GSCentral.

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
Basically the main goal is to make an unlimited amount of variation in characters. Captain falcon could have ganons moves without that weird move changeset hack from early brawl days.

jackharvest

Smash Apprentice
Updated front page to conform to the awesomeness that's happening. Any more useful links are welcome. We have the PAC, Images and Info (brawlhacks wiki), and a youtube footage shot.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Basically the main goal is to make an unlimited amount of variation in characters. Captain falcon could have ganons moves without that weird move changeset hack from early brawl days.
Sorta. This seems to work by changing the properties of mario's moveset.
It however does not use

1) Effects that aren't normally loaded when mario is loaded
2) Custom models
3) Custom animations (fsmash is beam sword swing)

Those are 3 big things that people want to happen for custom characters.

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
Sorta. This seems to work by changing the properties of mario's moveset.
It however does not use

1) Effects that aren't normally loaded when mario is loaded
2) Custom models
3) Custom animations (fsmash is beam sword swing)

Those are 3 big things that people want to happen for custom characters.
that sucks. So I guess you couldn't make the ice climbers turn into the magma climbers and double fireballs, and what not...

jackharvest

Smash Apprentice
that sucks. So I guess you couldn't make the ice climbers turn into the magma climbers and double fireballs, and what not...
No, not really. Further explanation and speculation is located on the original post now. It might clear up some questions.

MaxThunder

PM Support
You just made me realize something. A LOT of people are going to make random characters. Let's try not to get carried away now :p.

I'd say get some supporters or a group of people to work on the moveset and give feedback before making a character. That would avoid a lot of failed attempts at making fail characters.
...what about having a good attempt at a fail character?(thats what içm gonna do whith yoshi... its gonna be pink...)

by the way... that marios down-b... its a little... overpower...(meaning the fact he can stand on the air wwhile doing it...)

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
...what about having a good attempt at a fail character?(thats what içm gonna do whith yoshi... its gonna be pink...)

by the way... that marios down-b... its a little... overpower...(meaning the fact he can stand on the air wwhile doing it...)
and the fact that he can infinintely stay in the air

and im gonna make Captain Falcon absolutely AMAZING.youll see :p

timothyung

Smash Ace
So I believe the .pac file includes the animation data? Then we just replace it with the new one?

Oh and jackharvest did you really think that page was just some random stuff?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Nice...

I just tried Phoenix Mario for the first time a couple hours ago.
Its great how this hack fits right into the .pac just like a texture, yet can be such a departure form the original moveset.
There is huge potential here, and that is a huge understatement.

Someone should make a pure fire Mario texture to go with this.
Something that looks like this SS texture for Falcon: http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/?p=4254

exfatal

Smash Cadet
i would kill to have issac fromgolden sun as a playable character now. man i need to step up my tech game so i can make him.

when this program is released to the public of course..

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
No video could describe the joy I received with the unveiling of plan zero.

More balanced and more fun characters, yay.

jalued

Smash Lord
omg wow this is great. finally clones are possible. but the seperate clone engine isnt up yet right? once that is here then we can finally have proper clones :D

surely means we can also get melee 2.0 (yeah i like brawl+ but i also like idea of melee but with more characters and better graphics etc :p but just an idea...dont shoot me)

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Before we get model hacking, we can just combine the clone engine, texture hacks, and plan zero to create and introduce new characters, not just clones.

jalued

Smash Lord
Before we get model hacking, we can just combine the clone engine, texture hacks, and plan zero to create and introduce new characters, not just clones.
dangerous slope though, maybe we should have a voting system up for new characters? list all major options available for new characters (since thre are only 8 slots), so roy, doc, geno, jr bowser etc etc etc and everyone cast one say ur top 4 choices (listed from 1-4 obviously)

my top 4 would b mew2, jr bowser, roy and doc

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
dangerous slope though, maybe we should have a voting system up for new characters? list all major options available for new characters (since thre are only 8 slots), so roy, doc, geno, jr bowser etc etc etc and everyone cast one say ur top 4 choices (listed from 1-4 obviously)
I don't think any new characters should be added to Brawl+ until we have an stable/gold version.

There's nothing wrong with doing characters for the lulz though.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I don't think this is going to be competively used though, so people could design their own for fun.

besides mew2, all those have been made using size editor/textures, and you could just design a moveset for them.

EDIT: aludes beat me to it.

Revven

FrankerZ
Ganon w/sword would actually work better here now as displayed by Mario's Fire Sword. I'm not sure if you could make it work like PW's Sword Ganon code works and if you can't at worst you could just take one of Ganon's moves that isn't so good and replace it with a sword move (probably from the Beam Sword). Then you could tone down the range and up the damage a bit. I do wonder if you could even apply the model of the sword to the newly added sword move...

Having at least one sword move would be wicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom