• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plan Zero Revealed On Brawlhacks Wiki!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Wow. These moves are amazing. Innovative and good. I especially like the new Fireball and f-air.

Can't wait to see how these could be incorporated for Melee clones or other fun stuff.

And if there was something for air mobility in those screenshots... that's sweet.

I'm blown.

TruBlu

Smash Cadet
This is amazing, but the only problem I see is the fact that this will replace the current Mario, making it impossible to play online running Brawl with gecko. Is there any way we could make a whole new character slot, or maybe make the moves only become activew hen you pick a certain costume?

timothyung

Smash Ace
i'm am soooo excited about this
you know, would this only effect one costume if, you let's say, named it FitMario00.pac?
No. The scripts for the character is in Fit<Character Name>.pac. So for Mario it's FitMario.pac.
No.
I assume it'd freeze the wii.
It won't freeze the Wii. There isn't even a file called FitMario00.pac in Brawl
I doubt it. I guess it's worth a try, though.
Not worth a try

Things may change in the future

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
Oh.
I didn't know that.
Thanks for correcting me.

Anyhow, it'd be cool to tie the moveset data and whatnot into the PCS file.
But that probably isn't possible.

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
Oh...
That's why you need the Zelda/Shiek and ZSS/Samus PACs.

Anyhow, Did anyone try to put Mario's Pac into another character's folder and rename the file to the character's name?

timothyung

Smash Ace
Oh...
That's why you need the Zelda/Shiek and ZSS/Samus PACs.

Anyhow, Did anyone try to put Mario's Pac into another character's folder and rename the file to the character's name?
lol I just wanted to say that. It will work, but weird things would happen.
And no the reason of needing both pac and pcs for transforming characters is not that. The game load a certain file at different times. Not related to character scripts.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
When I first read "warning challenger approaching" I thought it was the ability to add new characters to the game, and have their own select screen and such. I doubt that would even be possible without changing the framework of the game as a whole.

anyway, this looks ridiculous, but everyone who thinks they will make custom characters, think again-I don't mean to be "Debbie Downer" over here, but unless you are proficient at hacking, I doubt this will be a very easy hack to understand. Just like textures, I think there will be a select few groups of people who get very good at making these and release them to the public.

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
Also, is it possible to separate the Ice Climbers with Plan Zero?
Like double the damage of a single IC's attack, but make him/her alone?
Always?

Or make double characters like the Ice Climbers?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Also, is it possible to separate the Ice Climbers with Plan Zero?
Like double the damage of a single IC's attack, but make him/her alone?
Always?

Or make double characters like the Ice Climbers?
i was thinking about this last night. just change the up b to be a kind of squirtle's waterfall, but with wind and ice. god, i'm so hyped right now!

edit: aslo, if they can make other characters 2 in one, then plusle/minun should be possible too!

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
anyway, this looks ridiculous, but everyone who thinks they will make custom characters, think again-I don't mean to be "Debbie Downer" over here, but unless you are proficient at hacking, I doubt this will be a very easy hack to understand. Just like textures, I think there will be a select few groups of people who get very good at making these and release them to the public.
So? Just because we don't understand it at first doesn't mean we can't learn. Besides, I'm quite certain that there will be plenty of tutorials for it, given time.
And for those that are stubborn enough (like me XD), even if we can't make anything very good at first, we'll keep trying until we get it right.

Saltix

Smash Lord
So. All we need now is a hack to where you can insert new characters.
I don't know too much about hacking, but there was a CSS a while back that had warioman, gigabowser, alloys, and such, remember?

Couldn't we a have CSS like that, with extra character icons and assign those characters to CSPs when we pick them?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I don't know too much about hacking, but there was a CSS a while back that had warioman, gigabowser, alloys, and such, remember?

Couldn't we a have CSS like that, with extra character icons and assign those characters to CSPs when we pick them?
they're working on a clone engine right now. i think its pretty close to being done, actually. once we get that working them we can use PlanZero to make unique clone characters that work along side the originals. dear god this is too awesome!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So if this is possible, how far away are we from importing character models onto our computers, and being able to reform them in a 3d program?

That would allow us to completely make an own character.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
So if this is possible, how far away are we from importing character models onto our computers, and being able to reform them in a 3d program?

that part we're not quite up to yet. but if PW can do...this, then anything is possible.

Rayku

Smash Lord
FrozenPopo get on AIM you son of a *****.

When you guys make Isaac/Saturos in this game, let me know.

And make Raikou playable or something cool.

Blaziken?

The possibilities are truly limited to the amount of characters in the world.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227326

That's how far <_<. They're able to extract the model and edit it, but unable to make it work in game when putting it back in. (not that I know much about model extracting in the first place).

When that gets done....I say we make a Lyn based off of either Link's, Marth's, or Pit's movesets (having a million modifications and switching around a plethora of moves though). They all have A LOT of animations that we could work with. Marth's dancing blade has a lot of potential for individual moves
First hit and second hit up=Lyn's jab (loop them)
Fourth hit up=Lyn's uptilt
Marth's up taunt (sped up on startup)=Lyn's upsmash
Fourth hit neutral=Lyn's forward smash
Fourth hit down (with a loop for infinite stabs)=Lyn's side B
Marth's spinning sword victory pose=Lyn's neutral B (the spin would combo into the final sword stab)
ect. ect. That and...every fire emblem character should have a counter :p
Marth's side taunt (sped up from start and frozen once sheathed)=Lyn's counter stance
Marth's f-tilt=Lyn's counter trigger
Marth's victory pose (where he sheathes his sword and turns his body sideways)=Lyn's idle stance?

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Oh god... before I thought plan zero was stupid but then after seeing this 0_o.

Epic. Truly Epic.

I wanna make whitebeard!!!

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
After a bit of experimenting, it looks like characters can use effects from other characters, assuming you ONLY use the effects. Luigi could use Mario's effects like the fire explosion effect, but the game didn't take kindly to changing the moves themselves.
That means that characters may not be limited to their own effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom