• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale": Sony's version of Super Smash Bros.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Chan Park responds to the leak:
Hey everyone! Last week, SuperBot Entertainment and PlayStation invited a small group of players to get a hands-on preview of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale as part of our early development beta. We’re beginning to test our servers and connectivity issues and this is just the beginning as we work toward rolling out a public beta to the entire PlayStation nation this Fall. As part of this exclusive access, players were able to take control of characters such as Kratos, Sweet Tooth, PaRappa the Rapper, Colonel Radec, Sly Cooper, and Fat Princess and battle in environments such as Dreamscape, Metropolis, Sandover Village, and Hades. The feedback we’re receiving from beta testers has been highly encouraging and valuable, helping us craft the best online multiplayer fighting experience possible.

In addition, there was an unexpected and unintended leak in our beta that allowed fans to be able to see some additional content. We’ve enjoyed reading all of the fan reaction and are thrilled that so many of you are excited to learn more about our character roster and level mash-ups, however we are still in development and the leaked content does not fully represent the final product nor the incredible efforts that were made to make these elements truly spectacular. This will be evident in the coming weeks as this content is officially revealed, beginning with our next character announcement at Gamescom in a couple of weeks.

While just a small group now, in the coming weeks we will continue to send out batches of codes as we gradually expand the beta; so keep your eyes open. You just might receive an invitation to join! Keep checking back with the blog for more information around the public beta, starting with early access to PlayStation Plus members.

If you’re having this much fun with the game now, we think you’re going to be thrilled with all the great stuff coming in the final product!
that's right folks-they said that's only SOME of the stuff in the game. the final roster may be bigger then we think!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Who wants Playstation All-Stars Beta keys? I've got a contact at Sony that is distributing them.

Here is the deal: in exchange for the key - please try to provide some (preferably) detailed feedback about your experience.

Warning: This is obviously for the PS3, so if you do not have a PS3 (or PSVita I believe) you will not be able to play. Also, despite early indications, PS All-Stars is not a Smash clone, so do not go in expecting such.

->Send me a PM if you want a key.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Who wants Playstation All-Stars Beta keys? I've got a contact at Sony that is distributing them.

Here is the deal: in exchange for the key - please try to provide some (preferably) detailed feedback about your experience.

Warning: This is obviously for the PS3, so if you do not have a PS3 (or PSVita I believe) you will not be able to play. Also, despite early indications, PS All-Stars is not a Smash clone, so do not go in expecting such.

->Send me a PM if you want a key.
I'm on it bossman!

There's a strange picture going around. Check Superbot's Facebook.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Chan Park responds to the leak:

that's right folks-they said that's only SOME of the stuff in the game. the final roster may be bigger then we think!
Don't be surprised when it's not much more than what's there. Set realistic expectations.

Beta keys you say :bee:

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
I have been given an opportunity to interview Omar Kendall and can ask about 10 questions. Is there anything you want to ask? Keep in mind, I'm not going to ask anything that's going to be an obvious "no comment". But I am asking multiple communities if they have any questions. I have about 5-6 of my own, but I wanted to give others a chance to get outstanding questions answered.
Could you ask about cultivating a community around their game by establishing an official forum, organize tournaments, etc?

Will we get frame data?

Will the betas expand/change over time?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Playing the beta now. The game is interesting, but I definitely look forward to being able to play solo and practice/train with the characters

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Has anyone ever played that Cartoon Network Game that also seems to be a SSB Clone? I ask this because the gameplay was very VERY stiff and the controls weren't very responsive and i fear that this game may in turn, follow suit.

I have played it. Frankly, the gameplay was poor, but the roster and abilities were cool at least.

Gameplay was floaty and heck. There are no physics there. There's just a very sallow concept of gravity in them. Not sure if it was intentional or not, but you can tell by how underwhelming throwing is in that game. There are no differences in size/weights when you throw opponents around.

But again, it had good stuff in it, like the roster choices (sure, some questionable ones, like TWO Ben 10s, and 5 Powerpuff girls representatives) and abilities.

Lucky for us, I heard physics were a lot better in this game.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Punchtime Explosion XL is an amazing drunk game with the right people but beyond that it's basically the worst thing ever

5 Powerpuff Girls reps is the highlight of the roster

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Interview finished, 10 questions, it'll be up tomorrow at 1PM. There are some exclusive answers about the update process and the defense mechanics. I'll post it here ASAP

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I have played it. Frankly, the gameplay was poor, but the roster and abilities were cool at least.

Gameplay was floaty and heck. There are no physics there. There's just a very sallow concept of gravity in them. Not sure if it was intentional or not, but you can tell by how underwhelming throwing is in that game. There are no differences in size/weights when you throw opponents around.

But again, it had good stuff in it, like the roster choices (sure, some questionable ones, like TWO Ben 10s, and 5 Powerpuff girls representatives) and abilities.

Lucky for us, I heard physics were a lot better in this game.
it was said that each characters do have different speeds if that's what your talking about

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
also 1 more thing to note:
If these are the actual character portraits/icons for the game, does that mean Jak's getting his Jak II design for an alt, because that's definitely his Jak II look?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Not much new otherwise. Good stuff, though. Their hands are really tied with this leak. That's gotta suck. Now we have to wait for announcements of things we already know exist.
Yeah thats why I just gave you the new stuff in the topic. And yeah, the next few months are gonna be annoying.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Please post your feedback in this thread if you received a beta key!

This thread will be watched by people at Sony, so your feedback will be heard. Everyone who asked who have at received at least one key already.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Playing radec right now because every time I play kratos and activate my level 1, someone hits their level 3 at the same time, freezing my enemies and flat out glitching the game.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Holy **** I just got it
Those characters and stages they found in the beta? Those are what they're going to be updating it with eventually!
They're going to give us all these characters but not the real meat of the pie, like Arcade mode and other stuff. It will also probably be relegated to online mode too.
Of course, it could also be me looking too hard into things.

Link360

Smash Cadet
Holy **** I just got it
Those characters and stages they found in the beta? Those are what they're going to be updating it with eventually!
They're going to give us all these characters but not the real meat of the pie, like Arcade mode and other stuff. It will also probably be relegated to online mode too.
Of course, it could also be me looking too hard into things.
Sounds too good to be true, I can't really see the beta roster expanding much if at all. From what I've gathered what they're trying to fix using beta results are network and online functionality, catching more of the bugs present in the game in their internal beta rather than the early build we're playing.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Any of you guys wanna share combos you've picked up with characters? I seem to be struggling mostly with characters that are not Kratos in developing any. I figure we can categorize hits by numbers?

Square = 1
Triangle = 2
Circle = 3

Kratos: 1, 1, up+1, up+2 is a nice one to use. I think you can replace up+1 with a 2 move that pops the opponent up into the air as well.
Radec: 1, 1, f+2 is another good one.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Start all kratos 1 string combos with 1, 1, down + 1, any followup combo can start from there, it adds 3 hits to any string.

Neutral 2 can replace up + 1

1, 1 can be turned around and is jump cancelable

Main combo: 1, 1, down +1, 1, 1, 2, up + 2
Others: 1, 1, down +1, 1, 1, (jump and immediately do this, it should look like you tiger kneed it) 1, 1, (land) 1, 1, 2, then walk and up +2

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
seems he is a little immature I hate when ppl say it's a ripoff and not give any valid reasons on why it is other then that it uses the same engine.

Top Bottom