• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale": Sony's version of Super Smash Bros.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Okay, so my only gripe about the new characters' trailers is that the supers are starting to become redundant. Dante has a horizontal super that goes past everyone really fast, his LV3 I feel is similar to Kratos' super mode, minus the slow motion. Ratchet's LV3 is going FPS as well, just a bit different from Sly's.

Sackboy looks really technical, yet fun to play with.

Judging from the sound effects Spike was making, I always thought he had a deeper voice? LOL, his LV3 is so over the top.

Edit: Assuming that rumor is true, I find it a bit lame. I know as a competitive fighter, you want everyone unlocked from the get go, but I'd still prefer to work for about 8-10 characters. So long as it's not like Brawl in how long it takes.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Okay, so my only gripe about the new characters' trailers is that the supers are starting to become redundant. Dante has a horizontal super that goes past everyone really fast, his LV3 I feel is similar to Kratos' super mode, minus the slow motion. Ratchet's LV3 is going FPS as well, just a bit different from Sly's.

Sackboy looks really technical, yet fun to play with.

Judging from the sound effects Spike was making, I always thought he had a deeper voice? LOL, his LV3 is so over the top.

Edit: Assuming that rumor is true, I find it a bit lame. I know as a competitive fighter, you want everyone unlocked from the get go, but I'd still prefer to work for about 8-10 characters. So long as it's not like Brawl in how long it takes.
It's not really a rumour when your PR person is the one who admits to it

Link360

Smash Cadet
Dante's Level 3 is already looking overpowered... Gah having played the beta it seems I'm simply determined to take balance into account more than anything ._.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
no such thing as slip of the tongue when typing on a message board

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I have a feeling we will get A FEW more characters, if that. three to five, max.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I have a feeling we will get A FEW more characters, if that. three to five, max.
Three to five? We still have four characters from the leak that haven't been revealed, AND Superbot has said that the roster will be somewhere around 25 characters. I say we have AT LEAST 8 or 10 more characters.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Dante is one of the more technical characters in the game and uses a special cancel system to perform combos. Players can alter their attack string mid-combo depending on the situation; for example, you can cancel into a parry to stop an incoming attack, dash out of the way of harm, or transition into a powerful ender for maximum AP gain. You won’t be disappointed when you try him out!

looks like P:M Lucario isn't the only cancel-character anymore. Dante is gonna be nuts.

Link360

Smash Cadet
I wonder if a simple stamina mode will be in the game, killing based on a life bar or something of that nature rather than supers? I could see that being interesting.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The music in these recent character trailers is trash. @Beta players, is the music better?

Also, I'm okay with Dante's special transforming him into red coat/white hair Dante. Makes enough sense. After all, it's just a younger version.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im still trying to decide on who id want to use in this game. As someone with literally almost 0 playstation background, I have pretty much no attachment to any characters lol. So far thinking Id most like either PaRappa, Fat Princess, Radec, or Toro. If Klonoa gets in though, Ill most likely go with him.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
sceenshot from GameFaqs. I beleve the photo was taken by someone at Gamescom.

EDIT: holy crap.
I had a presentation two days ago with SuperBot Entertainment and got some valuable information. It isn't much, but I wanted to share it with you guys anyway.

First of, and this is pretty obvious. The next reveals will be at PAX and TGS. Omar didn't say how many characters, but they will definitely show us more.

The second, and this is pretty interesting. Omar stated that item(s) would be able to kill other players. He didn't say which item(s)would be able to, as they are currently not revealed. He also didn'y state how many of these items would be in the game. So I guess we'll see in the future.

Hope you guys didn't know this info already if so. Sorry.

BTW, played the demo on the showfloor. Amazing! Ratchet's lvl 1 is insane! Best in the game, can easily get 3 kills, range is insane and so is duration. Wouldn't be surprised if that is going to be fixed in the future.
well, so much for items being legal in this game :(. however,the post was on a fourms site, so it may be fake.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/New-info-from-Gamescom-not-much-though/m-p/37949325/message-uid/37949325#U37949325

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Also note that we're getting at least 2 more characters by the end of the month.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Also note that we're getting at least 2 more characters by the end of the month.
I figure it will be

Nariko ( for the female rep)
raiden( because it was spoiled on the main site leak)

wish they also reveal sir dan and confirm that evil cole was scrapped or a costume swap so we can get past all the character that were leaked and go on to actual surprises

Spire

III
BRoomer

current selct screen. that's a lot of space there.....
That's a poorly designed CSS. Generic gradients all over the place, uninteresting font (easily legible at least), and terribly cropped character portraits. Just because a character is in a box doesn't cut it. They need to be properly placed; the off-center idea doesn't work for Ratchet and Spike. It does somewhat for Dante and Sackboy, but yaarrrggh. This game needs to be visually appealing and if this is the CSS, it's looking weak. Hopefully they shape it up for release.

Also, nice job switching yellow and green between P3 and P4. What a great way to differentiate from Smash Bros.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Guys, Street Fighter 2 had 1P has blue, and 2P as red. It's so obvious that Super Smash just switched them around. What posers.

But in all seriousness, the character select screen is a bit weird to look at. I doubt that's the final copy, and something tells me the select screen will be more spread and filled out when the game releases.

Not even sure if the portraits will be final. If you watch the videos of Dante, he doesn't even have his voice in most parts of the game yet.

Top Bottom