• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Yo, Koran, don't steal my Ditto face stuff! :chuckle:

Also, question: Why was Unown banned? I mean, he was never even requested. You might be able to do something with him...

To prove my point, give me a Bayleef Unown, if I may. It won't be lame. Trust me.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Yo, Koran, don't steal my Ditto face stuff! :chuckle:

Also, question: Why was Unown banned? I mean, he was never even requested. You might be able to do something with him...

To prove my point, give me a Bayleef Unown, if I may. It won't be lame. Trust me.
They said Unknown was banned because you really can't fuse him with another pokemon. If they did than the outcome would look wierd. See any of the fusions with Lucario in it on the first page and than you would know why Unknown was banned.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
And the contest is over! Who has won? I won't be counting the votes. Guys, I apologize that I've not been very active at all in drawing sprites, but I'm still here. A lot of things are stacking up in life and they get priority. Again, I apologize, but I do hope that you will all stick around, as will I.
Ah, jeez...I completely spaced on that. Sorry. I've been really busy myself lately, so I'm trying hard to do what I can, but...I can't guarantee anything. I think this busy-ness should blow over in a couple of weeks, so I'll hopefully be working more on this then.

The winner is Scepfish, 4-2.

Whoooooooa, missed that! It looks like a robotic space Kangaroo. The green isn't as grayed as I thought it would be, and the shading in Dialga's legs is a bit lacking, but I would imagine merging those oblong legs with a body like Palkia would be a tough task. Hell, when I merged Magnezone with Metagross, I had to redo all of the shading and what not on the legs. It was a difficult task. If you would, will you add two back legs also? It feels unbalanced (a lot of weight on top), and making this a hexpedal (if not a real word, six-limbed) would be exciting.
Yeah, I agree that it seemed unbalanced...and the legs being shaded weird, I agree with too, although I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. As I said, I've been sort of busy lately so I guess I rushed a little bit. Sorry. I'll add Spatemporum 3.0 to my "To do" list.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
They said Unknown was banned because you really can't fuse him with another pokemon. If they did than the outcome would look wierd. See any of the fusions with Lucario in it on the first page and than you would know why Unknown was banned.
But they never even tried using Unown. Lucario may have been really weird *Lucarizard*, but Unown is still untested.

If you want a specific kind of Unown, make it the ! one.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah, I agree that it seemed unbalanced...and the legs being shaded weird, I agree with too, although I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. As I said, I've been sort of busy lately so I guess I rushed a little bit. Sorry. I'll add Spatemporum 3.0 to my "To do" list.
Hey, don't worry about it ;) You're busy, I'm busy, don't add something unnecessary to your to-do list. I don't want to bog you down. Seriously, it's cool.

But they never even tried using Unown. Lucario may have been really weird *Lucarizard*, but Unown is still untested.

If you want a specific kind of Unown, make it the ! one.
The ! Unown has officially been made:

Also, we don't use them because Unown are meant to represent symbols. Would we start making @, #, $, %, and & Unowns? No. There's a concept behind them - they are meant to represent language and communication, and mixing them is bringing their fusion-partners into a realm in which they do not belong. It just does not work conceptually.

EDIT:

We're going to hold off on battles for now. Scepfish will have his time on the victor's platform, but after his time is up, it's going to hibernate for a while. Give us time to recuperate; we do this for free, and for you guys, and even though drawing sprites is fun, it can get very repetitive and wear us out. I'll be on semi-hiatus for a while.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Sorry, Spire, but you misread my post.

I know that the ! Unown already exists. In a previous post, I said that I wanted an Unown/Bayleef fusion. Now I'd like an !-Unown/Bayleef fusion. Would you guys please just try one? Pretty please? For little Zooky? :)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Sorry, Spire, but you misread my post.

I know that the ! Unown already exists. In a previous post, I said that I wanted an Unown/Bayleef fusion. Now I'd like an !-Unown/Bayleef fusion. Would you guys please just try one? Pretty please? For little Zooky? :)
I'm sorry, but I will not. It interferes with its meaning and I will not work under conditions that I do not agree with. Plus, we've made a law, and I will not breach that.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Umm...not to be rude...but I know for a fact that I didn't request that...

-Ter
Oh, jeez. I'm sorry, I completely screwed up. It's fixed. Don't worry about it, it's not rude, I made a stupid mistake and you just pointed it out. No worries.

Also, on that same topic, is anyone else interested in the Flying/Grass Arcanine? I'll do it if no one else wants it, but if anyone else is interested in it, that'd be better...because I really have no ideas for it right now. I'm sort of braindead.

Hey, don't worry about it ;) You're busy, I'm busy, don't add something unnecessary to your to-do list. I don't want to bog you down. Seriously, it's cool.
Well, I'll keep it in mind for when I have a little less to do, at least. It does look a little poorly done, and that shouldn't have happened.

The ! Unown has officially been made:

Also, we don't use them because Unown are meant to represent symbols. Would we start making @, #, $, %, and & Unowns? No. There's a concept behind them - they are meant to represent language and communication, and mixing them is bringing their fusion-partners into a realm in which they do not belong. It just does not work conceptually.
I think he was asking to fuse the ! Unown with Bayleef.

But I'm inclined to agree about Unowns...not only do they not really belong with their Pokemon counterparts, but thinking about a fusion, there's not much you can do. Either you add extra features to the Unown or you make the Unown the Pokemon's head. In any case, he was banned as a preemptive strike, as I'm sort of thinking we should've done with Cresselia (Cresselotic is really hideous...). We have our reasons for banning everyone banned.

Wrath`

Smash Master
umm pokemon is a game, unkowns dont have much meaning other than annoying you by trying to get all 28, and besides unknow truley died out there symbolic use after braile was discovered

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Spire and Firus, you guys dont need to worry. If you guys want a break then I will still be here to help (even though my sprites are no were as good as yours). Plus I need to catch up for the time I wasnt helping out ;)

Zook im done your toxicroak with omanyte hat :)

Oh, and firus just to point out (not to be rude) that the kubotops drapion fusion is already done.

Im done editing my part of the shop, it's cleaner then before and has the types of the pokemon.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Spire and Firus, you guys dont need to worry. If you guys want a break then I will still be here to help (even though my sprites are no were as good as yours). Plus I need to catch up for the time I wasnt helping out ;)
I appreciate it bowser. Also, your sprites are wonderful, don't put yourself down ;)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Zook im done your toxicroak with omanyte hat :)

Oh, and firus just to point out (not to be rude) that the kubotops drapion fusion is already done.

Im done editing my part of the shop, it's cleaner then before and has the types of the pokemon.
Thanks, bowser. I appreciate it. I've really been busy and as much as I feel like I should try to catch up rather than getting further behind, I think my sprites and other work will suffer if I try to squeeze them in. So I'll be taking a hiatus for a week or so, probably. I may drop in and post a sprite here or there or update the Pending Request list if I find I have extra time, but I won't be working as diligently for a bit.

And I'm with Spire; don't put your sprites down, they're really great, especially considering the fact that you learned recently. Even without that fact, they're great.

As for the Pending Requests list being wrong, that's okay. You guys don't have to worry about being rude if I made a mistake. If you see a mistake, please point it out to me, because it will probably take me twice as long as you to figure it out.

Anyways, I apologize to everyone with Pending/Claimed Requests...as soon as I've got some more time on my hands I'll try to work really hard on catching up. And thanks again, Bowser; I appreciate that you'll still maintain it to an extent while we're gone.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Firus, do you mind me doing the legendary dogs with wings requests? There simple to do and they seem far back on your claimed list and no problem about maintaining the shop we work together after all.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Firus, do you mind me doing the legendary dogs with wings requests? There simple to do and they seem far back on your claimed list and no problem about maintaining the shop we work together after all.
Yeah, sure, you can take them. I won't get to them for a while, obviously, even if I weren't taking a break, so yes, you may take them.

Mewter

Smash Master
Hey guys!
:laugh:
Don't be celebrating just yet!

I am able to access smashboards, but I cannot do it very often, and I have almost no time at all to make sprites, and I do not have the programs necessary to do it.
But, I may be able to make some sprites later.

Well, I'll be popping in and out!:bee:

You guys have made really good sprites while I was gone!:laugh:
Oh, and welcome back Bowser.

Got to go! See ya in a few days (Maybe) :)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Hey guys!
:laugh:
Don't be celebrating just yet!

I am able to access smashboards, but I cannot do it very often, and I have almost no time at all to make sprites, and I do not have the programs necessary to do it.
But, I may be able to make some sprites later.

Well, I'll be popping in and out!:bee:

You guys have made really good sprites while I was gone!:laugh:
Oh, and welcome back Bowser.

Got to go! See ya in a few days (Maybe) :)
Hey, Mewter! Welcome back. To bad I wasnt able to say bye on the day you left, anyway it will be great seeing you pop in and out.

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
Ice/Dark Uxie

Fire/Pychic Uxie

Ground/ Electric Luxio

Poison/ Psychic Lucario

Need these for a visual reference for a story.

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
Uh oh, I see that he requested a Lucario.

@ Bowser King - Those look really good. They look like they SHOULD originally have had those wings, especially Suicune, as the color matches up perfectly. Nice job!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
He's right. Darkrai, Cresselia, Lucario and Unown arent allowed.
Actually the OP suggested that the only reason why Lucario wasn't allowed is because he's hard to fuse.

I don't think a re-coloring falls into that criteria.

Help a writer out, would ya?

XACE-K

Smash Master
UGH, I might not be able to write a story without a visual reference..<_<

Sorry, Lura....>_>

Lura: You *******s!
Depends, how bad do you need it? You requested a type change which is easier to do than fusing him with somebody.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Ok, saw this and was interested.

See if you can make me a "Florablaze": the body of a Cranidos with the head of a Carnivine. Brown-Red head with black body. If you can change those tiny hands into tiny leaves, by all means. Also, make on fire. All of it. I want burnage. This is a Grass/Fire type, so let 'er rip.

Mewter

Smash Master
WOAH!

What happened to the custom battles?
Oh well.

By the way, Bowser, Good job with the Suicune/ Articuno. I really like it.:)

Celirachi
Requested By: 0rly
Psychic

I just have a slight question about the celerachi... Where's its face?:ohwell:

Top Bottom