• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ooohhh.... You REALLY want to know? Alright, here goes nothing.

Before, I had to tediously cut out the sprite and go through a fifteen minute process. Remember how my sprites had so much white around them? Yeah, they were made by that method. It was really hard to do, as I had to draw a line around the entire sprite and then delete every layer and undo, then cut, delete layer.... you get the idea.

Now, all I have to do is use a bucket-like method that takes all of the said color(White, for instance) in the picture, outlines it for me, and erases it. Its awesome! All I have to do after that is save it.:laugh:

Too bad I just found out 5 hours ago....
Ah, I'm sorry. That's pretty much how it works with Photoshop, if you move it from Paint. Only problem is that you have to make sure the background color is off from all of the outlining colors of the Fusion or it can mess it up. But there's probably an easier way there...I'm sure there's an option to just get one color or something so it doesn't destroy the fusion, but I'm pretty much self-taught in Photoshop, so I don't know a whole lot.

I really ought to try out the full Photoshop sometime...or maybe I shouldn't, I don't know. I have Photoshop Elements, which really isn't that much different, from what I've seen; but I know there has to be some huge difference here or there. I'd like to figure that out, but on the other hand, then I'll be wanting to spend the $700 for Photoshop...and I cannot afford to put that much money into that. Heck, if I hadn't found Elements when I did I probably would've tried to save money for the real Photoshop.

Anyways, enough ranting about Photoshop...

Spire

III
BRoomer
Reminds me of an indian chief fused with a totem pole. I'm not sure what to take that message as but it's good.
EXACTLY. Glad it got across :)
Too bad you guys are not doing Darkrai requests, cause a Baby form of Darkrai would be..... Interesting......
It would be and interesting failure, yes.

That is awesome! Not only is it an uber fusion (5 Pokemon in one!) but it looks awesome! The only fusion that big that I've done thus far is an Eevee/Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon/Espeon/Umbreon fusion, and the fact that it hasn't been posted up should be a hint as to what it's like...

EDIT: Zook, your request is complete. I did one without the speech bubble and one with.

Also, after my comment about my Eeveelution fusion, I decided to post it up and see what you guys think of it. So, what do you think? I made it a loong time ago, and it looks better than I remembered it looking, but I still say I could've done better--much better.
You should do a redux of it. I'm sure you could make one a thousand times better now (I do like that you gave it a coat similar to Eevee's. Ooooh!!! You should make a normal evolution of Eevee. That would be all kinds of awesome.
Well guys, I guess I'll see you later. I may pop in and out, or not come at all, but in two months time, I' ll be back. Please don't forget me!:laugh:

Officially gone..... Tomorrow morning.
Nooooo!! We'll miss ya, brah. Have a safe trip, and design some Pokemon on paper or something. You take care Mewter.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You should do a redux of it. I'm sure you could make one a thousand times better now (I do like that you gave it a coat similar to Eevee's. Ooooh!!! You should make a normal evolution of Eevee. That would be all kinds of awesome.
Yeah, I think I'll probably redo a lot of my old fusions eventually. It's really funny how bad some of my edits were before we made this sprite shop; even the one I made just before this sprite shop was pretty poor. Then, even my first one attempted here (Feralgaegatr, or for this sprite shop, Togegon 2--either way...) was much better. I could probably remake a ton of those better than I did. Once I can fulfill more requests and there's a lull, I'll have to try and work on that.

And yes, definitely; a normal evolution to Eevee would be awesome!

Spire

III
BRoomer
ATTENTION ALL!​

The 2nd Battle has begun! It is a match between the agile Galdoom, and the pummeling Changrowth! Who will win this round? Only your votes can decide, so get to it troopers!

Spire

III
BRoomer
Seeing as how I can vote in this match, I suppose I will. Changrowth does have a higher total average than Galdoom, but the latter's speed could definitely outmatch Changrowth. I don't know, it has such high defenses. AGH, it's hard! This is definitely a far more balanced match than the previous. I'll save my vote 'til later on when I can decide :dizzy:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Missingno + Honchcrow.
I totally call this. Once I'm done with my current...work, I'll have to catch up on some of these requests.

Ha, thanks.

This is awsome! Thanks, Firus!

Wow... Irixauritu is unbelievably cool.
Thank you, and you're welcome. I like your requests; they're funny and easy to do. ;)
Not that I don't enjoy a challenge, but it's nice to have a request I can complete quickly once in a while.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oops....​

Um, I don't know what was going through my head when I did that, but Changrowth is not Fire/Electric; it's Grass type. I must've been thinking of Arcuxine when I did that or something.

Wrath`

Smash Master
^^^i was wondering why that did not make sense, well due to this info it is now obvious the other would win due to the fire to grass Super efectivnees.

i switch votes

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
He/She/It/Potato looks like a regular grass type than a grass and normal type so I guess that's why.
You may be right.

I guess Changrowth was so well designed that he/she/it/potato/powerranger/paris confused the sprite editors. =o)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
^^^i was wondering why that did not make sense, well due to this info it is now obvious the other would win due to the fire to grass Super efectivnees.

i switch votes
Well, we tried to balance the stats out as much as possible; we bumped both Defense and Special Defense up in order to try to equalize it. But yeah, Fire vs. Grass definitely gives an advantage to Galdoom.

Again, sorry about that...my mind must've been elsewhere when I wrote that.

Changrowth isn't part Normal type too? WTF?
Well, just because it's a fusion of a Grass Pokemon and a Normal Pokemon doesn't necessarily mean it'd be both types; it doesn't really come off to me as a Grass/Normal type, just a Grass type. In any case, I didn't lose too much sleep over the decision considering the fact that it doesn't affect the battle at all, since we're not giving them hypothetical movesets, and neither Dark nor Fire is less effective or more effective against a normal type.

When Bowser comes back, he can say what he thinks the type should be; since he's absent, though, either Spire, Mewter, or I had to make the decision, and Spire handed the decision to me.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I've come to the conclusion that despite Changrowth's utter toughness, Galdoom would succeed. 1 Vote for Galdoom!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Galdoom has better stats and has a type advantage over Changrowth.

One vote for Galdoom.

XACE-K

Smash Master
You may be right.

I guess Changrowth was so well designed that he/she/it/potato/powerranger/paris confused the sprite editors. =o)
Oh yeah I forgot about powerranger/paris. Anyway everybody better vote for Galdoom.

*Tries to start a rallly*

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
C'mon, guys, have you seen Changrowth's defensive stats? He could totally Toxistall with his Softboiled.

Type isn't everything. I vote for Changrowth.

Wrath`

Smash Master
C'mon, guys, have you seen Changrowth's defensive stats? He could totally Toxistall with his Softboiled.

Type isn't everything. I vote for Changrowth.

Well based on the stat number i'd say these are lv 40-45, so type at this low level is evrything.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well based on the stat number i'd say these are lv 40-45, so type at this low level is evrything.
I took the base stats and averaged them, fooling around with them a bit more to make it more fair for Changrowth, since it's weak to fire.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
IM BACK! My mouse was broken for the last 4 days so I couldnt do anything, im going to be helping out from now on.

BTW is it ok if I start from requests that are after this post, a lot happened the past 4 days.

EDIT: Ya my creations competing :)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
IM BACK! My mouse was broken for the last 4 days so I couldnt do anything, im going to be helping out nows to.

BTW is it ok if I start from posts that are after this post, a lot happened the past 4 days.

EDIT: Ya my creations competing :)
Welcome back. :)

What do you mean starting from posts after that one? Are you talking about requests? If so, I'll update the most recent requests, putting them on the "Pending Requests" list, and you can pull requests from there.

And yes, your creation's competing. :) Technically it's over, but Spire hasn't sent me the "victory" sprite. I may have to make it myself; I haven't seen him for, like, the past 24 hours. In fact, I think I'll do that right now...it was supposed to end 6 1/2 hours ago.

I need to get working...I didn't have time to do anything yesterday, I was really busy.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
0rly, im done your celebii and jirachi fusion. I dont know where the original post is as I uesd the Request Pending section of firus's post.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Phew...

So, I bet you all have been wondering why I've been doing practically no requests for the past couple of days. Well, here's why; I recently counted up the number of edits I have made (including ones I've not posted, which is about 40) and realized (with Spire's help) that I was coming upon my 100th edit, and should do something special to commemorate the occasion. I decided to do a dual-project for it; I did a crossover fusion (a fusion with a monster from Metroid and a Pokemon) and a 100% custom Pokemon.

Arachert was pretty fun to make, and I really like the result; it sort of looks like a Swampert alien. Initially, I was going to do simply this for a celebration. But thanks to Spire, I also decided to do...

...Fraciurus. When I saw Pachirisu in Diamond/Pearl (months before it actually came out) I was really excited, because I love squirrels. Yes, I'm weird; that aside, I always liked the idea of Pachirisu but I never really cared for its design, nor did I care for its place. It's movepool was rather poor, and the fact that it's a single Pokemon with mediocre stats makes it virtually useless, which is why I didn't put it on my team, no matter how much I wanted to own with a squirrel. Anyways, this led me to decide to make an evolution to Pachirisu. Unfortunately, I think it almost looks more like an alternate coloring or a stand-alone Pokemon aside from Pachirisu...but I did start at a more mature angle, and removed the silly cheeks that we didn't really need; it makes it too Pikachu-esque. I made it more realistic squirrel-wise and type-wise. I made it brown with yellow, rather than white with blue. I hope this gives it more of an evolved look--after all, Pokemon like the Whismur chain and the Dratini chain change colors as they evolve. In the Dratini chain's case, they look more realistic by the end of the chain, at least according to the legends of dragons.
Also, just so you know, this is my absolute first 100% custom. As you can see, even with the mostly-custom Wetamorph, I took the head from Castform. Fraciurus was made totally from scratch. I looked at Pachirisu while I did it so I could "evolve" the features, so to speak, but I did not take even a pallete from anything else. And I have to say, that fact gives me a lot of pride. Hopefully, I'll do a few more of these here and there and get better at it.

In any case, I'd love some thoughts on this, and also, I will try to work on the stack of requests I have piled up, either pending or claimed already. Ack, just when I was almost caught up, too.

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
Can I please have a cross between Bidoof and Rayquaza?

The worst pokemon ever with one of the uberpwnsome ones.

On the side note, can I request for a fusion made out of more than 2 pokemon?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Can I please have a cross between Bidoof and Rayquaza?

The worst pokemon ever with one of the uberpwnsome ones.

On the side note, can I request for a fusion made out of more than 2 pokemon?
Ah, sounds like an interesting one. I'd love to claim it, but I feel like I'm sitting on too many already, so unless no one takes it until I've cleared out some requests, I'll leave it to them.

And yes, you may request a fusion of more than 2. There's no limit on it, although obviously don't request a fusion of all Pokemon. ;) Other than that, whatever you want.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I would like to see a ghost evolution of Eevee, called Speceon.
Mewter made a ghost eeveelution a while ago; I'll post it so you can see, lowradiation.
This is why his post needs to be on the first page instead of the third; all of his edits get missed. There really ought to be a way to move posts like that.

Mewter][IMG]http://karoshi.fullerdigitalweb.com/images/stories/bansheeon.png[/IMG] Bansheeon [COLOR="DarkOrchid said:
Ghost[/COLOR]/ Normal
that would be fun.

EDIT: Im done it. Im not much of a evolution maker but I tried.
He looks nice. I love the eerie colors. :)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I have finished...

lowradiation's Ho-Oh/Lugia fusion. 100x better than Lugi-Oh, if you ask me. Not simple at all and I like how I changed the overall scheme to the golden yellow rather than orange.

Terywj's Shiny Ninetales/Mightyena fusion. I love the choice of shiny Ninetales; I love that ghastly effect the colors and red eyes give off.

The wrath of Koarin's Ice/Dark type Houndoom. I decided to go purely ice to try and make it a little different from Mewter's...but to be honest, I think he got all of the good ideas, so the only way mine looks different at all is the icy breath. I thought of that idea from the firey breath of Houndoom from Gold, I think it was. Either Gold or Silver. Also, I gave it the name "Icy Death" in Latin. Other than that, it's pretty much Coldoom 2.0....if I had realized how much he had done with it before I already made it, I probably wouldn't have done it. Oh well.

I'm glad to be back. :)

Top Bottom