• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Nicely done firus, the shiny nintales one is my favorite. It's far better then when I was making it.

Are contests everyday? If they are then when's todays starting?

EDIT:

Im done the kubotops fusion, It was hard implementing the arms of kubotops, so I used it as a scythe :)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Nicely done firus, the shiny nintales one is my favorite. It's far better then when I was making it.

EDIT:

Im done the kubotops fusion, It was hard implementing the arms of kubotops, so I used it as a scythe :)
Thanks. :) And yeah, I noticed you weren't working on it anymore so I figured I'd pick it up.

Battles go like this; the battle starts one day and goes for 24 hours. Then, once the 24 hours is up, we post the winner and let their image be seen for another 24 hours. So yes, technically, one should be starting today. However, since Spire is nowhere to be seen and he is the one who came up with the idea and makes the spiffy graphics and all, I think we'll wait until he gets back to start it back up. Let's face it, without him, we're sort of like a headless chicken. Or at least I feel like we are.

Drapitops looks awesome. :) I love how you made Kabutops's arm things into a scythe.

Also, Terywj, "Alakapimp" is done.

One final note; I am now the proud owner of 2 Darkrais! I got one for Diamond, one for Pearl. It took a while, since the Toys 'R' Us actually close to me just went out of business recently, but...overall, I'm pleased. I dislike Darkrai, but even I admit that having Spacial Rend and Roar of Time is pretty awesome. Thank god I didn't have to sit through the tenth movie for it, though. If that had been what I had to do, I think I would've skipped it. I love the Pokemon games, but the anime is pretty bad.

Anyways, back to editing!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Thanks. :) And yeah, I noticed you weren't working on it anymore so I figured I'd pick it up.

Battles go like this; the battle starts one day and goes for 24 hours. Then, once the 24 hours is up, we post the winner and let their image be seen for another 24 hours. So yes, technically, one should be starting today. However, since Spire is nowhere to be seen and he is the one who came up with the idea and makes the spiffy graphics and all, I think we'll wait until he gets back to start it back up. Let's face it, without him, we're sort of like a headless chicken. Or at least I feel like we are.
ok thanks for clearing that up, and I agree that we are like a headless chicken (and BTW why chicken?) without spire :(.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
ok thanks for clearing that up, and I agree that we are like a headless chicken (and BTW why chicken?) without spire :(.
No problem.

As for why chicken, because I heard that line on Everybody Loves Raymond. ;)

Also, drcossack, Venustoise is complete.
lowradiation8989, Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy is complete.

Wrath`

Smash Master

EDIT:

Thats sweet, thanks

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ok, I'd like to request a Grumpig and Miltank fusion and this one is a little out there, but can someone pull off a MissingNo. and Latios fusion too?
Grumpig/Miltank is complete.

I'm just about to start on MissingNo/Latios. As I was about to start, it occurred to me; which MissingNo do you mean?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I have finished...

lowradiation's Ho-Oh/Lugia fusion. 100x better than Lugi-Oh, if you ask me. Not simple at all and I like how I changed the overall scheme to the golden yellow rather than orange.

Oh my... I... :love:. THAT is how you fuse Lugia and Ho-oh. That is a God of a Pokemon. WOW!

Sorry I haven't been around lately, school let out and I just had to take a break from working on anything at all - even drawing sprites. But, I'm back in business, so hello!

EDIT: Lower its right wing a bit so it does not to appear to stick up higher than its left.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I just had a random idea
Empoleon/mewtwo combo and
Speed deoxys/latias

thanks =)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Milpig looks adorable. :blush:

He also looks like a demon. :flame:
Haha, glad you like him. :)

The Pokemon Red/Blue version.
Ah, okay. That's what I figured, but I wanted to make sure just in case.

EDIT: It's complete.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Sorry it took so long XACE-K. I haven't been working so much at all lately, but I managed to squeeze your request in ;)
It doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as it looks good.
But if it takes more than a week than I'm pissed.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Spire, when is the next contest starting? I dont want to rush you and im sure you have other things to do. But I was just wondering if it would be tommorow or today.

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
Can I get a Raikou with Zapdos's wings, an Entei with Moltres's wings, and a Suicune with Articuno's wings?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
ATTENTION!

Battle #3 has begun! Will the quick Scepfish prevail, or will it be the blimp-like Zeppeloon who comes out on top? You decide!

Also, lowradiation, I'll take those requests.

EDIT: I have chosen my vote; I vote for Scepfish.

It was a fairly tough decision, but I decided on a points system incorporating all of the categories to make my vote--Scepfish won by 3 points. Zeppeloon only wins in HP, and even though it has what are, in my opinion, the most useful skills (Swimming and Flying), Scepfish still has more, and has one of the most useful. Also, despite his type advantage, I still think Scepfish would win in a real battle.

Did I think this through a little too much? Yeah, probably. :laugh: But I can't say a Pokemon would win by type advantage alone, nor can I say it would lose due to a lack of stats alone--I had to come up with a way to even them out reasonably.

Anyways, I'm done ranting about my voting decision.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Hmm, I'm not sure who to pick. Why is Zepelloon Normal/Flying? I can understand Flying but not Normal.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hmm, I'm not sure who to pick. Why is Zepelloon Normal/Flying? I can understand Flying but not Normal.
Well it was between Ghost and Water, and frankly, neither seemed to fit. You guys can debate over that, maybe I'll change it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Oh this looks like a good one! I wonder who shall win.

EDIT: Just a question to you firus, if you want I could take some of your requests. It seem's like you have a lot on your shoulder and this way they would be finished faster as I have very little. Then again if you really badly want to do them all, go ahead :laugh:

Spire I think it should be ghost/flying but then again thats the same typing as drifblim, so your way of normal/flying makes sence as well. I dint really help there did I :laugh:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh this looks like a good one! I wonder who shall win.

EDIT: Just a question to you firus, if you want I could take some of your requests. It seem's like you have a lot on your shoulder and this way they would be finished faster as I have very little. Then again if you really badly want to do them all, go ahead :laugh:

Spire I think it should be ghost/flying but then again thats the same typing as drifblim, so your way of normal/flying makes sence as well. I dint really help there did I :laugh:
The pending requests, I'd love if you could take some of them. But I imagine you're talking about my claimed ones, which I do have a lot of. I'm sure some people might be getting ticked off that I'm not getting them done very quickly, and they have a reason to, but those that I claim I really want to do. If people are getting really impatient about their requests not being completed, speak up and I'll pass them on to someone else. If I weren't working in a "First come, first serve" fashion and if I ever got enough of a break to finish up these requests some, I would almost definitely not be so far behind.

If there's one of mine that you want to do, speak up; I'll probably let you take it. But again, if there's a Pending Request you want to do that would help me out a ton as well.

As for Zeppeloon, I see Normal/Flying as the most reasonable. I never thought Ghost made sense for those two; it seems like it was thrown in there so they could say "Hey! Look! We have new type combinations!". Water doesn't really fit in my mind either, so while I was bewildered by the choice at first, I think it makes the most amount of sense.

Meanwhile, just a side-note; is anyone else confused as to why every Flying type has to have another type to go along with it? It doesn't apply here, but I just thought of that.

D13

Smash Ace
Zeppeloon will probably have a flying move to take out Scepfish with. Plus he looks totally awesome. So I'll go with him.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The pending requests, I'd love if you could take some of them.

Meanwhile, just a side-note; is anyone else confused as to why every Flying type has to have another type to go along with it? It doesn't apply here, but I just thought of that.
That goes for me too, bowser. Go ahead and take those that I have claimed, please.

Also, I've always been bothered by that, Firus; I'm glad you brought it up. Flying are weak to Ice. Rock, and Electric... why is it necessary that they adopt the weakness to Fighting? I guess flying is conceptually just a tack-on to a normal type. It's basically any Pokemon with the ability to lift off the ground and move about in the air. Eh...weird. I really can't make much sense of it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Ya, I wonder that two there's very few, if any, just flying types. Anyway I will take them off the pending list because if both of you want to do them then go for it.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Scepfish:

Total stat points: 536
Special ability count: 4 (+40 points)
Type advantage: No.
Total: 576 points

Zeppeloon

Total stat points: 500
Special ability count: 2 (+20 points)
Type advantage: Yes. (+50 points)
Total: 570 points.

Probable victor:

Scepfish. More overall stats and abilities.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
skyler, I think your mistaken zeppeloon has a type advantage of flying to grass. Unless your thinking that, being a water type, scepfish would have the ability to use ice moves.

Terwyj im done your arcanine and houndoom fusion :).

Yaya

Smash Champion
What happened to the two fusions Spire claimed?

It says he didn't claim them, it says he isn't working on them, and to boot, I can't find Espreon!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What happened to the two fusions Spire claimed?

It says he didn't claim them, it says he isn't working on them, and to boot, I can't find Espreon!
Well...

That goes for me too, bowser. Go ahead and take those that I have claimed, please.
...although I'm not sure if Bowser is taking them. If he doesn't want to, I suppose I can do it, although my plate is sort of full.

Also, Spire, I completed Spatemporum v2.0. I'll be uploading it in a sec.

I put it by the original, so I'll post it here for convenience.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
skyler, I think your mistaken zeppeloon has a type advantage of flying to grass. Unless your thinking that, being a water type, scepfish would have the ability to use ice moves.

Terwyj im done your arcanine and houndoom fusion :).
God dammit. I forgot about that. Scepfish still wins though, but only by six points.

Spire

III
BRoomer
And the contest is over! Who has won? I won't be counting the votes. Guys, I apologize that I've not been very active at all in drawing sprites, but I'm still here. A lot of things are stacking up in life and they get priority. Again, I apologize, but I do hope that you will all stick around, as will I.

Also, Spire, I completed Spatemporum v2.0. I'll be uploading it in a sec.

I put it by the original, so I'll post it here for convenience.
Whoooooooa, missed that! It looks like a robotic space Kangaroo. The green isn't as grayed as I thought it would be, and the shading in Dialga's legs is a bit lacking, but I would imagine merging those oblong legs with a body like Palkia would be a tough task. Hell, when I merged Magnezone with Metagross, I had to redo all of the shading and what not on the legs. It was a difficult task. If you would, will you add two back legs also? It feels unbalanced (a lot of weight on top), and making this a hexpedal (if not a real word, six-limbed) would be exciting.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Dont worry spire, I was away for 4 days and everything was fine. Anyway I counted the votes and it's Scepfish-4, Zeppeloon-2. Im pretty sure thats what it is.

Top Bottom